Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trolls are trolls... please don’t conflate them with FFA players, nor people that want a lock. Different issues. Trolling others/scrolls/etc. is a behavior. The hope is that faction locks will lessen or minimize that behavior on campaigns that are locked. I don’t think faction lock is some panacea to cure the myriad flaws in ESO PvP design, but let’s hope it can have some net positive impact, however minuscule.

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if i want to help out DC on my AD alt, i gain nothing from it!?!?!
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you be helping out DC on an AD alt? Help out DC on your DC ffs!!

This is exactly the sort of behaviour that the faction lock is trying to stop.
    Pick a faction and stick to it - we don't need people 'policing' PVP and white-knighting thanks very much.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

And you will have to play AD for 30 days on that account.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

And you will have to play AD for 30 days on that account.

imma drop 20 oils on every keep when I main ad ;p
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    This is going to completely kill my ability to play with some of my friends. And no, it's *not* the same with the 7-days, it's not the same sort of play.
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Alliances mean *nothing*. Friendship and camaraderie with actual existing human players are the REAL places loyalty should be, and if you make friends in the game that are from all different alliances, this new change is screwing you over bigtime.

This was a nasty decision, ZOS. Just bad.

Agree. Nasty is the right word. Thanks for saying this clearly.
    Edited by MipMip on April 27, 2019 5:52PM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ well put - no friends allowed apparently, just faction rp'ing
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are still multiple unlocked campaigns. Why does everyone keep acting like they’re entirely locked. 7 day campaigns are great too.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    There are still multiple unlocked campaigns. Why does everyone keep acting like they’re entirely locked. 7 day campaigns are great too.

They're great for 2 hours a day while a large section of the world the server supports are at work.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭

2barviv.png
    And all the other campaigns are at 1 bar right now on PC NA. Would you like it if they left the 30 days unlocked and sent all the faction loyalists to the dead 7 day? Of coarse I'll play on the new Shor during prime time when there are actually fights but do you really expect it to be populated at all outside of those hours? This change isn't bringing more new players in, It's driving existing one's away to appease the zerglings.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zerglings buy more hats in the crown store though.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2barviv.png
    And all the other campaigns are at 1 bar right now on PC NA. Would you like it if they left the 30 days unlocked and sent all the faction loyalists to the dead 7 day? Of coarse I'll play on the new Shor during prime time when there are actually fights but do you really expect it to be populated at all outside of those hours? This change isn't bringing more new players in, It's driving existing one's away to appease the zerglings.

Been trying to make this point since these posts started showing up on the forums, people just literally don't get it.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Oh, they get it. They just don’t care.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF its true all smallscale heros will enter the side with the lowest population in the campaigns, how come Ive never witnessed this marvell in off hours? Why is there always one big faction zerg on every server when you have the chance to actually spread out across the factions? And finally, when the off hour faction loses its nightcap emp, how come all the smallscale heros at THAT point, go to other factions, and NOT while the nightcrew held their emp? I think youre all just a bunch of hypochrites tbh. Or at least a major part of those calling themself smallscalers. You just wanna have emp buff while farming potatos. THATS the truth. Nothing honurable about it, so lets give locks a try, until I actually SEE smallscale heros fight for the underdog.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But this time it will be different!
    IF its true all smallscale heros will enter the side with the lowest population in the campaigns, how come Ive never witnessed this marvell in off hours?

I've done it in Sotha before on XNA. If the map is painted one colour, that's the colour of opportunity. For a while, anyway, then it ends up being the colour of boredom, as a few folks start showing up and taking a keep becomes too easy.

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question:
    how are you loosing out on playing with fiends?
    you cant talk in zone or group up in different factions so wouldnt you be on the same factions to do that?
    only reason you would need to "play" cross faction with friends/other groups, is keep/resource flipping co-ordination

have any of you actually read the conditions of the faction lock?
    your accout is bound to 1 faction for the duration of that campaign and whilst in that campaign will earn AP and end of campaign rewards.......(here's the bit i am guessing is sticking) you are free to switch factions within the chosen campaign but with the loss of AP and reward tier gained for thus far.

so the only real thing ppl are not liking is the AP farm and keep flipping has effectively been made harder or less viable, you are free to switch factions as often as you wish to "play" with your "friends" you just wont be rewarded for you disloyalty
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question:
    you cant talk in zone or group up in different factions so wouldnt you be on the same factions to do that?
    only reason you would need to "play" cross faction with friends/other groups, is keep/resource flipping co-ordination

Or, you have... different friends in different factions?

• RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree original post.

Here’s my thought, some people love playing campaign and scoring etc (which is fine,you do you) they should just add extra campaigns a 30 day and 7 day with faction lock and leave the other two open. If you want to play in faction lock you can do there and do it.

This will also give a realistic number on who cares about faction locks.

Btw it will never stop “spies” we have text chat, guild chats, psn, discord etc. if someone swaps alliances to talk *** just block them...?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The whole "I can't play with friends" argument seems a bit disingenuous to me.

Unless your friends only play one faction, and you are the only one that plays multiple alliances on the same campaign, thus the only one that can switch, what in the world is preventing you and your friends from predetermining which alliance to play on before the start of the campaign?

The same folks that break out the friends argument are also the ones that say the only people who want faction lock are the one alliance players...

It makes my brain hurt because of the circular logic here.

Are you saying that the majority play multiple factions, or that you won't be able to play with friends because they only play one alliance?

According to the argument, a minority of players that play one alliance are preventing people from playing with each other because they only play one alliance................. :|
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Question:

you missed half my comment off lol
    i still fail to see how having friends in different factions is a viable argument unless you are exploiting/flipping/running scrolls cross faction ect ect ect..........
    i have friends in all factions we run trials and dungeons together but in PvP they just another red/blue or yellow we laugh and joke in discord ect ect whilst pvping yet i dont faction hop and neither do they, have i found out something that others cant do? surely i cant be unique?
    so no your argument has no real validation
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at the end of the day, faction locks didnt work then, and they wont work now. Its just wasted resources and time over at ZoS.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hasn't even gone live and people are crying about it, let it play out for a few months to see how it will actually play out ! Then ask for a change as I cant see zos making a u turn on it straight away

it was live several years ago mate.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    IF its true all smallscale heros will enter the side with the lowest population in the campaigns, how come Ive never witnessed this marvell in off hours? Why is there always one big faction zerg on every server when you have the chance to actually spread out across the factions? And finally, when the off hour faction loses its nightcap emp, how come all the smallscale heros at THAT point, go to other factions, and NOT while the nightcrew held their emp? I think youre all just a bunch of hypochrites tbh. Or at least a major part of those calling themself smallscalers. You just wanna have emp buff while farming potatos. THATS the truth. Nothing honurable about it, so lets give locks a try, until I actually SEE smallscale heros fight for the underdog.

On Sotha PC/NA there a some EP that come help us take keeps and fight the other reds from time to time when AD is being gate camped with no scrolls. I actually like them quite a lot now, and while I still kill them when they are on opposite factions I always stop to play them the lute while they lay dead on the ground :)
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    Question:

have any of you actually read the conditions of the faction lock?
    your accout is bound to 1 faction for the duration of that campaign and whilst in that campaign will earn AP and end of campaign rewards.......(here's the bit i am guessing is sticking) you are free to switch factions within the chosen campaign but with the loss of AP and reward tier gained for thus far.

so the only real thing ppl are not liking is the AP farm and keep flipping has effectively been made harder or less viable, you are free to switch factions as often as you wish to "play" with your "friends" you just wont be rewarded for you disloyalty

If this is actually the case faction locks will be a lot more palatable for me. I already have more AP than I know what to do with. I literally just want to play with friends on other factions because they are my friends and I like to PVP with them outside of BG's and IC.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 there was a reason why faction lock was removed in the first place and now it's being thrown back at use again with no fixes added it. Reverting to a system you know is broken and worse for the community is not a good idea. Please ZOS rethink this.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

They're great for 2 hours a day while a large section of the world the server supports are at work.

Well this faction lock will undoubtedly move the population around. I get it, I play from SE Asia, so I understand PvP is dead most of the day. But if everyone is so upset about it then the unlocked 7 day campaigns will be the most popular in a short time instead of Vivec. The new IC campaign will also be unlocked and a great place to play with friends. I just think there’s options and I’m interested to see how it plays out in the current PvP climate. I know it was implemented a while back and failed but the game, and the attitude towards PvP, has changed a lot since then.
  • jimijac0me
    jimijac0me
    ✭✭✭
    +1 there was a reason why faction lock was removed in the first place and now it's being thrown back at use again with no fixes added it. Reverting to a system you know is broken and worse for the community is not a good idea. Please ZOS rethink this.

But it isn’t the same system?
    Edited by jimijac0me on April 29, 2019 8:03AM
    Guild Leader Rats of Tobruk (RoT) DC PVP Guild
    Jacome Enakis (DC NB)
    Jacome Dibella (DC Sorc)
    Tealc Enakis (DC DK)
    Jacome Lightbringer (DC Templar)
    Jacome Gro-Longenfirm (DC Sorc)
    Baron Humbert Von Gikken (DC Warden)
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    vivpop1bardc.png
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Question:

you missed half my comment off lol
    i still fail to see how having friends in different factions is a viable argument unless you are exploiting/flipping/running scrolls cross faction ect ect ect..........
    i have friends in all factions we run trials and dungeons together but in PvP they just another red/blue or yellow we laugh and joke in discord ect ect whilst pvping yet i dont faction hop and neither do they, have i found out something that others cant do? surely i cant be unique?
    so no your argument has no real validation

Care to rework that so it's coherent? Because for the life of me I can't understand what point it is you're trying to make here.

Are you... playing with these friends? Or against them?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole "I can't play with friends" argument seems a bit disingenuous to me.

Unless your friends only play one faction, and you are the only one that plays multiple alliances on the same campaign, thus the only one that can switch, what in the world is preventing you and your friends from predetermining which alliance to play on before the start of the campaign?

The same folks that break out the friends argument are also the ones that say the only people who want faction lock are the one alliance players...

It makes my brain hurt because of the circular logic here.

Are you saying that the majority play multiple factions, or that you won't be able to play with friends because they only play one alliance?

According to the argument, a minority of players that play one alliance are preventing people from playing with each other because they only play one alliance................. :|

Here is my situation, as an example. I belong to a large guild containing: 1. People who only have one character, period, end of story, and have not got the time to level another to a point they'd be comfortable PvPing with them; 2. People who have more than one character but they are all in the same race/alliance; 3. People who have multiple characters, but are only in two alliances; 4. People like me who have multiple characters in all three alliances. These players are in the USA from one end of the coast to the other (and Hawai'i) and in Australia and New Zealand. They are on at all different times of the day, some able to be on mornings and evenings, some only able to be on in their afternoons, some only able to be on in the evenings. Since times of day range wildly across the geographical range our guild occupies, players are on at many varied times of day. If I want to play with my Aussies, I need to join them at one time of day, and most of them are in Alliance X or Y. If I want to play with my people in my own time zone I need to play in the evening and most of them are in guilds Y or Z. If I want to play with the people across the country from me, I need to play hours later than the evening crowd, and most of those players are in Alliance Z. So in order to play with the group of friends who's on at the same time I am on at a given day, I need to be able to match one of the alliances they're in with one of my characters. And this is in *just one guild*.

And this isn't even taking into consideration who I might be wanting to work on ranking up or getting alliance skills for. It only gets more complicated from there, IF you have to plan it out and try to herd cats enough to get a specific group of people together to play a specific alliance for THIRTY DAYS instead of just catching it as it comes and playing with whoever's available to play with...or going without any rewards for your loyalty to playing with friends.