The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Sorcs Need Some Love

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prutton wrote: »
    After patch notes, I just gave up on any hope to get positive changes to stamina sorcerers. At least there were no nerfs this time.

Usually odd-numbered patch notes dont have as many changes as even-numbered.

That being said, I too dont believe in any enhancement for stamina sorcs.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is fine right now.
    It’s also receiving dmg buff to OL with staff master cp applying.

Faster frag travel time

More responsive fury execute so the second application, the debuff proc, can’t be rolled.

Sustain is great, damage is there, healing options are
    1. Pet
    2. Surge
    3. Br hward + mutagen
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Sorc is fine right now.

Faster frag travel time

More responsive fury execute so the second application, the debuff proc, can’t be rolled.

1. Pet
    2. Surge
    3. Br hward + mutagen

Does this apply to stamina?
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Sorc is fine right now.

Faster frag travel time

1. Pet
    2. Surge
    3. Br hward + mutagen

Fury is still not responsive is it? It still has a delay on casting and doesn't land correctly.
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    That magblades ow need A LOT more help than magsorcs.

Wtf? It has superior sustain and damage, mobility from path and cloak. Sorc is nothing compared to magblade.

I hope you're joking. Mag sorc can sustain indefinitely on dark conversion alone, not to forget it also has a decent heal attached to it as a bonus. Mobility you got boundless storm and streak. Damage is a lot more forgiving on sorc as well, as curse can't be dodged, reflected or even blocked, whereas everything in the magblades kit is delayed and telegraphed.
    The fact you even brought up path in an argument makes me laugh.

Nobody runs dark conversation nor boundless and streak.

you're trolling lmao.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, apparently pets were doubling some of the inherited stats such as crit damage and mundus stones. That has been fixed in 5.0.1., so we‘ll see how it is then. I just wish the class got rid of pets altogether and got some solid stuff back instead.
    Edited by Feanor on April 23, 2019 6:49AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    magsorc isnt in a terribly bad stat from the looks of this patch. we do need a sustain increase and have for a long time. Ultimates are lac luster tho I will admit them unnerfing overload lights is nice. A decent heal apart from twilight would be very helpful too.

but were definitely not the worst rn
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc is completely fine. Are there some little tweaks for QoL or whatever maybe sure why not. But magSorc got nice buffs and are already very strong in PvE and PvP. They need nothing more, I main magSorc and honestly what more can be asked for really, If anything it needs to be toned down.

But StamSorc is also definitely okay. It doesn't need numerical buffs or anything. Just needs a soul honestly. It is pure blandness. It's empty and devoid of joyous PvP or PvE mechanics except for kiting a bit in PvP.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    Currently Pet Sorcs are realy strong for both PvP and PvE.
    This is a joke, right? How many Pet Sorcs of the entire PvP population do you see now? 1%? 2%?
    Since ZOS removed the 3rd Overload bar, Pet Sorcs who have do double-bar their pets are missing so many skills that their gameplay is crippled. If NBs can have a one-slot-pet, why can't Sorcs?. PET SORCS NEED BAR-SLOTS. HELP!

Sure, I am up with this. Make petssorc pets 1 bar, without hitbox and decrease their damage x4. It would be well balanced.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix the blood magic passive and give stamsorc some identity.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think besides a spammable, an ult, and perhaps a few skills most morphs should not have stamina options. I do think passives should be updated overall but with the Necromancer for example there is limited choices for skills. You have magic or stamina... not a lot of options. That’s what they have the diverse stamina skill lines for.

Now. Unrealistically (?) the BEST option may be a complete overhaul. Redo CP system. Change how damage is calculated so it’s not based on stamina or magical pools, weapon or spell damage. This would be a huge change implemented so that they could really sell the idea “play how you want” etc.

Since that is unlikely, I do believe there are classes that need some work (Stam Sorc and Stam dk need a spam and Stam Sorc needs an ult) but giving skills either a stamina or magica morph may be problematic.

Another option would be to have lore than 2 morphs per skill. This would take a lot of work but also may add to issues with balance.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not able to compete with nightblades and templars during excuation.

Foul on the play good sir. Sorcs have a cheap auto execute. They can cast it and if they get you to 25%, oof mages wrath. Their execute is fine, their sustain is fine, their wards are tanky, their damage is strong, their escape game is strong. L2P.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »

Foul on the play good sir. Sorcs have a cheap auto execute. They can cast it and if they get you to 25%, oof mages wrath. Their execute is fine, their sustain is fine, their wards are tanky, their damage is strong, their escape game is strong. L2P.

Their excute is weak in pve and dalyed when it comes to pvp, not as fast as nb and templar excutes. Their sustain is fine in pvp and bad in pve. Wards are tanky if your health is high, other wise weak. Mag have the dmg from class skills, stam dependant on weapons' skills. They can escape but weak healing unless you run pets. Ultimate are not strong, negate only works against magicka users, stam enemy will bust your butt inside your own negate. Overload still feniky to use if with the buff, only left is atronach and only 1 morph is used, the othe is forgotten.

I played sorc since game released, i know almost about everything in regards to sorc. Miss my old streak, with two uses, you're out of sight. Now, can't even tp probarly without being stun or having to stams up your ass crit charging everytime you streak.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »

Their excute is weak in pve and dalyed when it comes to pvp, not as fast as nb and templar excutes. Their sustain is fine in pvp and bad in pve. Wards are tanky if your health is high, other wise weak. Mag have the dmg from class skills, stam dependant on weapons' skills. They can escape but weak healing unless you run pets. Ultimate are not strong, negate only works against magicka users, stam enemy will bust your butt inside your own negate. Overload still feniky to use if with the buff, only left is atronach and only 1 morph is used, the othe is forgotten.

I played sorc since game released, i know almost about everything in regards to sorc. Miss my old streak, with two uses, you're out of sight. Now, can't even tp probarly without being stun or having to stams up your ass crit charging everytime you streak.

The execute got buffed though to put it more on par with others. Negate is strong in its niche. Overload is strong getting stronger and a major reason to not slot it, wings, is being removed and atro is very darn strong.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left the game for 6 months because they destroy the SORC. Still come and looking every PTS if they fix the SORC...
    But they are not close at all...

I only enjoy playing SORC. I hope they revert those unnecessary nerfs and I come back
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think sorc zoo is a top tier bg build.
    I think mag sorc can do well and be fun in PvE
    I think health sorc is a top tier build in bgs
    I think stamp sorc is a top tier bg build as well
    I think I soloed frostvault because of stamsorc

I think all classes have abilities that could be reworked to increase diversity and viability.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most Magsorcs I'm running into are using the Matriarch, have at least 25k health and a very generous amount of magicka to allow for stacking two signicant shields.

Are they kind of pigeonholed into this type of build? Yeah, in the same way Magblade is dependent on Cloak + burst (i.e. Caluurions + Zaan). Only difference is Magblade is going the complete opposite and tearing the class apart more each patch, while Magsorc is thriving in their corner.
    Edited by brandonv516 on April 24, 2019 5:38AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Magsorcs I'm running into are using the Matriarch, have at least 25k health and a very generous amount of magicka to allow for stacking two signicant shields.

Are they kind of pigeonholed into this type of build? Yeah, in the same way Magblade is dependent on Cloak + burst (i.e. Caluurions + Zaan). Only difference is Magblade is going the complete opposite and tearing the class apart more each patch, while Magsorc is thriving in their corner.

Nothing changed on regards to magNB this patch. I play stamsorc, and all for nerfing pets as they take a chunk from the sorcs abilities and passives while they benefit petsorcs only.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing changed on regards to magNB this patch. I play stamsorc, and all for nerfing pets as they take a chunk from the sorcs abilities and passives while they benefit petsorcs only.

Really? There wasn’t a grim focus change? The change on double take i like but that’s also where my mobility comes from soo idk

They nerfed dark cloak into uselessness

• universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

Really? There wasn’t a grim focus change? The change on double take i like but that’s also where my mobility comes from soo idk

Grim focus change is not as bad qhen you look at what is given. You arleady can achieve 40%more dmg with the minor berserk, provided that you use magor sorcery and mag morph of incap. And veil blade got buffed as well, so you got good things going. People were complains that wings would reflect all mag nb skills even though veild blades is not reflectable, while it dealt a good dmg and will be doing more next patch.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree, dark cloak is useless as of next patch which is sad. I really liked how the skill worked even though I don't play nb much. I really respected the people who use it rather than shadowy disguise.

Sorry, we didn't mean to nerf it.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The nerf was meant for shadowy dusguise, but i guess zos didn't get the memo.