The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We are the housing community

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Feendish I need to send you a friend request. I simply have to visit that Forsaken Stronghold, looks amazing
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Who are you, what name or nickname you like to be called in the community?
    dagrdagaz.5912 or Dagr Dagaz (is my main character)

Where are you from and what platform do you play on?
    Netherlands, PC platform

What do you spend your time on when it comes to housing?
    I usually start a new ESO day with Crafting Dailies with several characters, to get gold to buy furnishings.
    After that, usually decorating / buying furnishings.
    Wich is a little extra challenging becos i would like to have more gold, crowns and achievenment furnishings to use.

How many homes you have decorated?
    Most of the Inn Rooms, Apartments and Small houses, and 1 Medium.
    2 other Medium's are still work in progress.
    Only the Inn Rooms and 1 Medium are done with ESO+, wich i have for only a few months now.
    I dont do Large or Notable homes (yet). To large and to expensive for now.

Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? Share a link
    no

Whats your creation that you are most proud of? (maybe even share a pic)
    In the 30-slot-Inn-room topic here, i posted pics of my inn rooms.
    Golden Gryphon is my best one of those.
    Besides that, i just finished Velothi Reveri. I like what i did with the 400 limit
    Now i am busy with Grymharth's Woe, and a bit with Ravenhurst.

What do you like about housing? (we have plenty threads about what we want to improve)
    Well..what does keep me plenty busy is that i want furnishings to be placed perfectly lined (ocd like).
    I dont use EHT for that (yet), I use first person view and then trial and error alot. Until its placed as perfect as possible.
    Besides that i actually need to think a bit more about what else i like about decorating/housing.

Aah yes....a method of expressing creativity that works for me.
    Never was good at writing, painting, maybe sculpting...
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on September 28, 2019 10:39PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave a post and say a bit about yourself in the context of housing.
    I started ESO this past July, in part to try something different, in part because several people told me that the game was fun and much improved since it's release and then finally, and most important I confess in overcoming reticence over the upfront cost, because I learned that I could visit Vvardenfell (Morrowind was my first RPG <3 ). The three main things I enjoy in this game are solo questing / exploring the gorgeous lands, dungeoning, and, of course, housing. That last comprises most of the goals I work toward in game as well as what I spend 99% of my crowns and gold on! :lol:

You can call me Erin. :)

NA PC server

In the beginning, lots of collecting furnishing plans and leveling up my crafting to be able to construct them. Now, in game I spend a lot of time working on builds and decorating. I find it a relaxing creative activity totally different from questing and dungeoning. I also like to visit the homes of others and am working on getting EHT set-up so that I can do this beyond my guilds. When I have a home in a zone, I almost always use it to enter, not only for convenience by seeing my places makes me happy. I regularly check guild traders primarily for deals on furnishing plans and pieces for the homes I have and those I plan to acquire. Outside of the game, I enjoy looking at what others have built on the forums. I look at UESP Wiki to see what furnishings are available from where that might help me achieve my ideas or give me new ones.

Hmm, I would say three, although only one is truly finished, and then I have several works-in-progress, including Hall of the Lunar Champion and Moon Sugar Meadow where I'm working on larger expansive and expensive projects. I like plots with lots of nature and room to build and then smaller, even one room, homes with more liberal item limits that I can tailor to a character or a theme. :)

Whats your creation that you are most proud of?
    Sugar Bowl Suit was my first home and I feel it fits my bosmer nightblade thief well.
    3zpnbfpg9311.png
    jkv58oc13mor.png
    n2ykdceqoxbw.png

The Alinor Crest Townhouse was my first purchase and my largest until Moon Sugar Meadow. Buying it furnished was for me an economical way to start out and then I could gradually work on it to customize and make it my own without it feeling empty in the meantime. It is still a work-in-progress, but I am especially happy with the how the upstairs lounge and library are coming along and this past week I put a lot of work into the terrace for a "Garden Party" housing contest for Mirkwood Forest guild. I think it especially beautiful at sunrise!
    e7kjfscggseg.png
    gtupzw3thywf.png
    vo9quc39ad2k.png
    3ixs34dhlumj.png

What do you like about housing?
    The freedom! It was a beautiful mistake when I first tried to decorate and hung some paintings in mid air! I was not disappointed but rather amazed that I could do that! SOOO much better than the "hook" system in SWTOR (only MMO I've played with modifiable player housing)! I love how much you can customize a place to make it your own, the effects of lighting, all the beautiful furnishings available to us! For me it is a fun creative activity and extends my characters feeling a part of the world of Tamriel.

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I have a lot of reading to do.

I am Stabbitydoom, I'm on PC-NA and I have just recently started a character of the same name on PC-EU solely to tour your homes over there.

I am originally from NY, moved to DC for College, Los Angeles for law school and life, and then in 2014, Madison, Wisconsin, which I still call home. What could lure me from the beauty of Los Angeles to this frozen hellscape?
    Love, of course. *facepalm*

Female, 42, lawyer in two states, though I don't practice anymore due to health concerns. I'm now a researcher for a genealogy company for a living. I am also ATTEMPTING to write a book on a civil war unit, which is part of why I do housing, believe it or not. I felt like tapping into my creativity in any way would help my creative process with writing, and I think it does, but I haven't really broken through my issues yet.

Well, I watch a lot of @JHartEllis 's stream and videos. I visit houses - originally I'd just have to troll through the guild lists to find ones to visit, but now with @R_K 's Essential Housing Tools, I spend a couple hours a day touring homes on NA & EU through the community hub. I spend a good deal of time trying to think about ideas for my builds, and I used to spend a TON of time trying to learn EHT stuff but have gotten to the point where I'm pretty confident in it. I keep spreadsheets and notes on houses I like with ideas I think are neat. When building, I refer to these and to screenshots to inspire me to be better than I am.

27 that still exist. I have scrapped a few, so probably 35.

I do, but I am going to start a twitch stream on building soon, so my videos will be different. I'll link it when it happens. Nothing competing with other players' streams, just wanna build and talk.

Right now probably a house I have not yet unveiled, but second to that, my Forsaken. Almost all of my homes are open houses on EHT and you can visit as you like.

What do you like about housing? (we have plenty threads about what we want to improve)
    Gosh, almost everything. But i think my favorite is mood stuff. Things that evoke a mood in the viewer.

me:d2fary3obn8c.jpg

Edited by StabbityDoom on September 29, 2019 3:01AM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave a post and say a bit about yourself in the context of housing.
    My first home was Autumn's Gate and it was decorated with an elevated deck that had a view of the surrounding areas. Once I decorated that home with that deck, I knew that the options for home decorating were near limitless (item limit not withstanding, lol). I had a habit early on of stripping decorated homes to decorate the next home. So, some of my early homes no longer resemble my early work, or aren't quite finished anymore.

I am G1Countdown, sometimes referred to as G1 or Count or Countdown.

I am from Ohio and I play on PC/NA. I also have a European account that doesn't get much use (I have no homes decorated over there).

I enjoy house hopping and exploring guildies homes. I am in a housing guild on PC/NA so there always seems to be wonderful homes big and small to experience! Also, I enjoy over analyzing my homes by looking for out of place, floating, or poorly placed items. Sometimes I am a perfectionist in my own odd little way. Also, I seem to explore my own homes even after they are "fully decorated" in the hopes that I may find my next project/addition for that home. I've always felt that housing is more about the journey, and less about the destination - so I am always revising and adjusting my homes.

How many homes you have decorated? Probably a bit over a dozen. I own forty homes including inn rooms. Most were gold purchased. A handful were crown purchased undecorated. Off the top of my head I have the following decorated: Grand Topal, Grand Psijic Villa, Xanmeer Manor, all in rooms, Autumn's Gate, Forsaken Stronghold, Sister of the Sands, Black Vine Villa, Cyrodillic Jungle House and probably others.

Outdated video, but I haven't done another video since. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPvBz-WtrA0

That would be by far my Grand Topal Hideaway. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw the pictures and bought it as soon as I could. I have put a lot of work into it to make the entire island feel full. The intent was to have a sense of exploration and to be able to find something around every corner. Visitors are always welcome at any time. @G1countdown PC/NA
    b5b44on2klbo.png
    j5crdhe5s9gv.png
    wp3un64lzlro.png
    hbe06tdj8s9b.png
    gqrs38igy0pl.png
    wxgh1ukq5c98.png
    c54152kceyqe.png
    7d5359431atr.png
    devi65pnq0yy.png
    3cfgxh4rcgd2.png
    hglq91yfg1ja.png
    ynp85n5htey3.png
    j9l7f1b9j3c5.png

As said before, housing is endgame. There is endless creativity to be discovered and experienced. Seeing others' creations, and item combinations to make something completely unique is really amazing. The housing community is truly impressive and I am routinely in awe. I may even borrow the occasional idea and incorporate it into my builds. :)
  • Shxm
    Shxm
    ✭✭
    Wow I like the creations so far in this topic :) . It's really cool to see people love housing and are so good at decorating them.
    I play only on the PC EU server since i'm from the Netherlands. Most of the time I just chat in guilds while in my house(s) or just do some world bosses and quests.

My current houses are almost all inns and small rooms, but I dont play with them. My preference goes to the notable 700-slot homes. For example, I have the Grand Psijic villa, the Murkmire one (lakemire Xanmeer Manor), the Dark brotherhood one (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) and the new Elsweyr ones (Hall of Lunar Champion and Moon Sugar Meadow).

I decorate them just for myself. I am in a housing guild and sometimes we visit each other houses and just tour them and chat. In that way I can check up on other people's houses :) . Since the houses are for myself, I haven't uploaded any photo or video but the permissions are open to visit. I like to check guilds for furnishings and change my houses every once in a while. I also look forward when they put up a new house on the crown store so I can be in doubt for a week whether to buy it or not lol. Sometimes I will log in to the PTS to decorate some homes beforehand before I will buy them for my real game.

Currently only 3. My Xanmeer, The Erstwhile Sanctuary and Moon Sugar Meadow. But that is just because I need to save a bit more gold I think to decorate them all.

I Have a few pics of the Sanctuary and MS Meadow:

Moon Sugar Meadow:
    I made an entire platform in the area and started working from there.
    t0jnzyrq1syk.png
    The entrance.
    8in72f15hcdc.png
    itfbczaintad.png
    Training room.
    lkunds2qo6wg.png
    3gt4c23fo9yb.png
    hcdnii3svppx.png
    Area with crafting stations.
    36ifr4tbut56.png
    The shrine.

Erstwhile Sanctuary:
    This is like a cave in the alinor/fairytale style. I like colors and make it a bit dreamy.

5542u3h56frq.png
    The entrance.
    e05nghix82i7.png
    9k99vyksbju2.png
    kcvohoe63fs6.png
    rlhnhylqhywq.png
    Carfting stations.
    q0jix7l7ce1s.png

Bot of them are still not finished, so it leaves more room to extend my ideas and creativity.
    The Xanmeer one is plundered for these two, the idea is to start again on that one when I have some new inspiration because I like the 'jungle' team.

Most of the time I just lurk around and check all the photos and videos in this subforum.

I do think housing is underrated in ESO. They can do so much more. I'm not going to start about the furnishing item limit, that is a known issue. But I think it has a massive potential to grow and do much more.
    Personally, I like that the guild hall is almost a requirement for bigger guilds. Housing can bring the community together without the amount of stress some trials/dungeons can bring with you :p Plus you can express your creativity (all of you are so creative. I can learn so much.).

Edited by Shxm on September 29, 2019 4:21PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing thread idea @Zypheran :smile: So many beautiful creations here all in one place! It's a really interesting thread to read, with beautiful pictures too!

My name is Elara

I play on PC, mostly EU but sometimes NA too.

I would like to say building and decorating, but actually most of my time is spent farming for gold and materials in order to do the building and decorating!

96! 4 more to go until house number 100! :smiley:

The link is in my description :smile:

It's really hard to choose! But probably my Nameless Bookstore, which was built at Coldharbour, as it was more than just a regular build, I spent as much time editing it as decorating it because I wanted it to tell a story.

I like the freedom you have in ESO housing to create almost anything, with the right mindset! I adore the community, everybody is so kind and supportive in the housing community, with rarely much negativity. I love to visit other peoples homes, or browse other peoples videos on YouTube, because seeing other peoples wonderful creativity is always so inspirational. People create such beautiful and unique things, and it is always such a joy to see what amazing creations others choose to share <3
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Ashryn, PC NA, and am just getting into building my first home on the Moon Sugar Meadow property. Until I retired, I made my (Real Life) living designing/sculpting/selling Fantasy homes/Trees/plants/animals for online virtual worlds. Although I am enjoying housing in this game, I'm fairly frustrated with the building editor (I don't have the add-on yet) and the limited parts that are available to create. I do believe that Housing could be a fantastic thing that would keep end-gamers here; ZOS needs to give this a little more love then they do!

I've been very impressed with what others have done within these limitations!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    I'm Ashryn, PC NA, and am just getting into building my first home on the Moon Sugar Meadow property. Until I retired, I made my (Real Life) living designing/sculpting/selling Fantasy homes/Trees/plants/animals for online virtual worlds. Although I am enjoying housing in this game, I'm fairly frustrated with the building editor (I don't have the add-on yet) and the limited parts that are available to create. I do believe that Housing could be a fantastic thing that would keep end-gamers here; ZOS needs to give this a little more love then they do!

I've been very impressed with what others have done within these limitations!

@Ashryn what an awesome job to have had! I bet that was loads of fun! :smile: We definitely do need more items in some categories! I 100% agree! Especially structural ones! I'll never understand why we have 11 walls in just 4 styles, and yet we have 110 rugs! :joy:

• chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a lovely thread!

I'm primarily a PS4 player, so I'm known by my PSN name: Daedrologist. (I'm immensely proud of scoring that name.) I've played since the first beta test, though I had to start a new accound when my PC crapped out on me. I like MMOs, but I love everything Elder Scrolls related. I love creating new characters, writing stories for them and fitting them as neatly into the world as possible, and all of my houses reflect this. My goal is to create homes so immersive that they could be mistaken for an NPC's home, as well as homes that reflect the story of a particular character (or characters).

Housing is my hobby, but lore is my passion. "Wear lore as your armor," as the Ayleids said.

I've only decorated three homes, because it's both pricey and time-consuming, but I love them.

Tel Galen
    The first house I devoted work to was Tel Galen; it's really tricky to work with, and I've redone the inside several times, never quite satisfied.

The Welkynd Stones pulse, give the mushroom core a living, breathing feel to it, and the pad lets you feel like you're actually using the Transliminal Rupture.
    r7qe7sz24h9u.jpg

I built a ramp up to the top of the tower and an accompanying observation deck, which is still the coolest thing I think I've ever done, and it offers the nicest view in-game, in my humble opinion.
    p8ef27t2eiv8.jpg
    viq7mz7j2ej7.jpg
    1ea2ktjnj2q7.jpg

Nothing is more beautiful than watching the sun set over the Red Mountain.
    trbbuztnihph.jpg

But the sunrise over Lake Azura is certainly a competitor!
    s08bycps2pgq.jpg
    m4s6fyb1oadr.jpg

Hall of the Lunar Champion
    My HotLC has a bit more story. In my story, it's a crypt, originally used to house the remains of honored Khajiit heroes before being leased indefinitely for use by the Tsaesci refugees fleeing Cyrodiil.
    The main hall houses the honored Khajiit, and it the oldest portion of the crypt.
    b2ax3a3xgpw3.jpg

The Moongrave Fane wing is devoted to the fallen Tsaesci of old, and features traditional serpentine motifs. While khajiit practice both burial and cremation, Tsaesci traditionally mummify and inter their dead.
    sb5x5vblhqnm.jpg
    lmrqpdk3ve1g.jpg
    l1im905qfzpx.jpg

The Colossus wing is a traditional garden, features various shrines as well as a flying tea house!
    grmk2qdgh1wu.jpg
    rssccww7v71n.jpg
    1tsjddec3lsw.jpg
    cw2qzxczxg38.jpg
    a5auxv0sr908.jpg
    x1dwecyltpb5.jpg
    ji6yugl2fhsk.jpg
    bejbn2xtfxal.jpg

Linchal
    Linchal is spectacular, with so much to offer; it's the country estate of House Aelius, the family of many of my ESO characters. It's taken the least amount of work to make beautiful, but it's easily my favorite home.
    340c56ta79w2.jpg
    azsnas0ms7w0.jpg

It may not function in-game like the rest, but from an artistic and RP perspective, having my own Wayshrine is spectacularly cool.
    k5lxnciiq101.jpg

I've changed very little about the bottom floor aside from turning the office into a bathroom.
    mfafkcl8jbjy.jpg
    60q7ltgsfrfs.jpg
    3g9srnatd6hi.jpg

The upstairs features a large library and private office perfect for relaxed study and magical research.
    yb2uzdn9wdf8.jpg
    rhaiwbdfhhna.jpg
    wgjqj5183vbr.jpg

The balcony offers a beautiful view of the property, and ample room for decoration as well!
    xshkwrpnu6i7.jpg
    pljil9b1ac1r.jpg
    2rag7xzi5fd6.jpg

I had just enough item slots left over to convert the 'barn' into a guest house.
    k92qmb7sowlo.jpg
    to9la07vzftf.jpg

Those are my works of art! I must say, I've gotten so much inspiration from other people! I'm part of the ESO Better Homes and Gardens Facebook group, and some of the work people share there blows my mind! My favorite thing about housing is the way it brings people together, whether it's showing off your own work, appreciating the work of others, crafting for someone or having something crafted; the real joy of housing comes from sharing it with others! :)
    Edited by chuck-18_ESO on September 29, 2019 9:42PM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am Shadow Akula 96 sometimes known only as Akula

I’m from England (North East part) I play on Xbox

Mostly placing and replacing furnishings, coming up with design changes mid-design, etc.

A small handful but only 2-3 are near complete. I own a lot of houses by comparison though (9 “notable”, at least half the “classic” category and all the “staple” homes)

Yes I have a YouTube channel, again since my houses aren’t ever complete yet I just post up W.i.P (Work in Progress) vids showing progress. Just search Shadow Akula 96 or click this link:
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjwdroT3jOfgnogl6WLuCUQ/videos
    (P.s. my channel is not exclusively ESO houses but I did sort the vids into playlists for easier navigation)

Hmm... probably the destroyed ships in my current project my dawnlight palace (vid on YouTube, I don’t wanna post it here again as I posted in another thread a couple of days ago... and just a heads up I have improved them a bit since the video too) OR maybe my little hidden Hircine shrine in my Overlook house 🤔

I dunno, I always liked things like this, I spent all my time on Halo in Forge mode instead of multiplayer, guess I just like trying to be creative.

S.A.96
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a lovely thread!

I'm primarily a PS4 player, so I'm known by my PSN name: Daedrologist. (I'm immensely proud of scoring that name.) I've played since the first beta test, though I had to start a new accound when my PC crapped out on me. I like MMOs, but I love everything Elder Scrolls related. I love creating new characters, writing stories for them and fitting them as neatly into the world as possible, and all of my houses reflect this. My goal is to create homes so immersive that they could be mistaken for an NPC's home, as well as homes that reflect the story of a particular character (or characters).

Housing is my hobby, but lore is my passion. "Wear lore as your armor," as the Ayleids said.

I've only decorated three homes, because it's both pricey and time-consuming, but I love them.

Tel Galen
    The first house I devoted work to was Tel Galen; it's really tricky to work with, and I've redone the inside several times, never quite satisfied.

The Welkynd Stones pulse, give the mushroom core a living, breathing feel to it, and the pad lets you feel like you're actually using the Transliminal Rupture.
    r7qe7sz24h9u.jpg

I built a ramp up to the top of the tower and an accompanying observation deck, which is still the coolest thing I think I've ever done, and it offers the nicest view in-game, in my humble opinion.
    p8ef27t2eiv8.jpg
    viq7mz7j2ej7.jpg
    1ea2ktjnj2q7.jpg

Nothing is more beautiful than watching the sun set over the Red Mountain.
    trbbuztnihph.jpg

But the sunrise over Lake Azura is certainly a competitor!
    s08bycps2pgq.jpg
    m4s6fyb1oadr.jpg

Hall of the Lunar Champion
    My HotLC has a bit more story. In my story, it's a crypt, originally used to house the remains of honored Khajiit heroes before being leased indefinitely for use by the Tsaesci refugees fleeing Cyrodiil.
    The main hall houses the honored Khajiit, and it the oldest portion of the crypt.
    b2ax3a3xgpw3.jpg

The Moongrave Fane wing is devoted to the fallen Tsaesci of old, and features traditional serpentine motifs. While khajiit practice both burial and cremation, Tsaesci traditionally mummify and inter their dead.
    sb5x5vblhqnm.jpg
    lmrqpdk3ve1g.jpg
    l1im905qfzpx.jpg

The Colossus wing is a traditional garden, features various shrines as well as a flying tea house!
    grmk2qdgh1wu.jpg
    rssccww7v71n.jpg
    1tsjddec3lsw.jpg
    cw2qzxczxg38.jpg
    a5auxv0sr908.jpg
    x1dwecyltpb5.jpg
    ji6yugl2fhsk.jpg
    bejbn2xtfxal.jpg

Linchal
    Linchal is spectacular, with so much to offer; it's the country estate of House Aelius, the family of many of my ESO characters. It's taken the least amount of work to make beautiful, but it's easily my favorite home.
    340c56ta79w2.jpg
    azsnas0ms7w0.jpg

It may not function in-game like the rest, but from an artistic and RP perspective, having my own Wayshrine is spectacularly cool.
    k5lxnciiq101.jpg

I've changed very little about the bottom floor aside from turning the office into a bathroom.
    mfafkcl8jbjy.jpg
    60q7ltgsfrfs.jpg
    3g9srnatd6hi.jpg

The upstairs features a large library and private office perfect for relaxed study and magical research.
    yb2uzdn9wdf8.jpg
    rhaiwbdfhhna.jpg
    wgjqj5183vbr.jpg

The balcony offers a beautiful view of the property, and ample room for decoration as well!
    xshkwrpnu6i7.jpg
    pljil9b1ac1r.jpg
    2rag7xzi5fd6.jpg

I had just enough item slots left over to convert the 'barn' into a guest house.
    k92qmb7sowlo.jpg
    to9la07vzftf.jpg

Those are my works of art! I must say, I've gotten so much inspiration from other people! I'm part of the ESO Better Homes and Gardens Facebook group, and some of the work people share there blows my mind! My favorite thing about housing is the way it brings people together, whether it's showing off your own work, appreciating the work of others, crafting for someone or having something crafted; the real joy of housing comes from sharing it with others! :)

Wow, absolutely stunning homes @chuck-18_ESO <3 really beautiful! It's such a shame that we can't visit eachother over different platforms! I would love to see these in person! And I think you may be the only other person who saw that latest room in the Lunar Champion and thought, those shelves need to be filled with bodies!!! :joy: I filled mine with bodies too! Lol! I think others who saw that in mine may have thought I was insane! I feel more sane now that somebody else also thought this room looked slightly morgue like haha! :lol:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Mostly placing and replacing furnishings, coming up with design changes mid-design, etc.

A small handful but only 2-3 are near complete. I own a lot of houses by comparison though (9 “notable”, at least half the “classic” category and all the “staple” homes)

Yes I have a YouTube channel, again since my houses aren’t ever complete yet I just post up W.i.P (Work in Progress) vids showing progress. Just search Shadow Akula 96 or click this link:
    (P.s. my channel is not exclusively ESO houses but I did sort the vids into playlists for easier navigation)

Hmm... probably the destroyed ships in my current project my dawnlight palace (vid on YouTube, I don’t wanna post it here again as I posted in another thread a couple of days ago... and just a heads up I have improved them a bit since the video too) OR maybe my little hidden Hircine shrine in my Overlook house 🤔

I dunno, I always liked things like this, I spent all my time on Halo in Forge mode instead of multiplayer, guess I just like trying to be creative.

S.A.96

I think I must have stumbled across your videos when you posted them in another thread, because I just went to have a look at your channel, and it seems I am already subscribed! Haha! :smile: Really beautiful work! <3

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.A.96

I think I must have stumbled across your videos when you posted them in another thread, because I just went to have a look at your channel, and it seems I am already subscribed! Haha! :smile: Really beautiful work! <3

Yes you saw my videos I posted in the other thread, you even complimented my ability of building and accessing secret areas🙂 Thanks again for the compliments and Thanks for Subscribing 🙂
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elara_Northwind Thanks so much for the compliments! I agree, I so wish I could visit homes cross-platform! I honestly really regret swapping to the console just because of mods, but I'm in way too deep to turn back now.

Also, those shelves were just begging to be filled with bodies; it just takes a true House Whisperer to hear them! <3
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm @Kittytravel but I also just get shortened to Kitty which is fine and convenient for everyone.
    I'm from NA and I play on PC.
    I like to add constructed twists to houses that I think would have improved the overall "feel" of the original home. I also enjoy doing themed homes (Christmas, Halloween, etc.) as it forces me to become very creative with odd furnishing items.
    I've currently finished 7 homes though I've got several that are just works in progress and will take me more time.
    No youtube but here is picture of the Cyrodilic Jungle House where I added a rock shelf platform to enjoy the cities view.
    324rf2xhqznm.png
    My Amaya is still both my favorite house in the game and my favorite I've decorated as it's themed after my main
    character.
    It starts with featuring a statue of Hircine as he is a werewolf.
    35gsqe44by4o.png
    Then moves on to his scenic crafting area where you can enjoy a view of the Amaya Lake while getting your work done.
    o4q25v07ls4o.png
    And moving up through the penthouse the promenade was extended down to feature a full drinking and eating area for the Khajiit's closer friends where you could appreciate the other half of the view at your leisure.
    14zenwje8jii.png

I love that housing offers an outlet from the otherwise monotonous rotations of a MMORPG. I feel like I belong a little more in the world beyond just another nameless adventurer, each house is my own design even if others can own the same building it'll likely never be the same place. :)
    Edited by Kittytravel on September 30, 2019 1:28PM
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! I'm from the US and play on the PS4 NA under the name Firefly3339 but just Firefly is good.

I've yet to complete a house. My very favorite thing to do in the game is decorate my Grand Psijic Villa but it's a lengthy process and I'm in no hurry, only partly due to the size of the home. Sometimes I spend the entirety of my playtime simply hanging out at my villa thinking about two or three furnishing possibilities, or previewing homes just for fun.

One thing I love about housing is the variety. My next acquisition is going to be the snowglobe house and although I probably won't get around to furnishing it for quite awhile, when I do it will present different challenges. The Coldharbor Estate and Aldmeri Grotto are on my "someday" list.

• sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @sueblue, how do you do?

I am from the USA and I play on PC NA.

I head-up the Food and Stuff Furniture Design Team. We create fantastic furniture packs for the weekly auction. Recently, we have been taking non-designer guildie suggestions and bringing them to life.

I am literally unsure how many homes I have decorated. I offer my services as a donation to FNS as well as receive commissions from friends and other clients.

Some of the packs I have donated:
    I really love the creativity and community that ESO affords designers. It's unlike any other I have been exposed to.

[Edit] Just realized I didn't give a shout out to @R_K for making all of my housing donations and commissions possible. (Thanks to @Delphinia for reminding me) <3
    Edited by sueblue on October 6, 2019 4:51AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uh oh @sueblue , what did I do? Am I in trouble? /hideunderbed
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Delphinia I was reading through the posts and you gave Cardi props and it reminded me to. Nothing bad!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    @Delphinia I was reading through the posts and you gave Cardi props and it reminded me to. Nothing bad!

oh phew!
    j/k I know, just like to play 😉💗

but, yes, absolutely Cardi has been a Godsend when it comes to helping many of us with building and decorating.

Not to say that those who choose not to use the addon do not have utterly magnificent builds without it.. because I've seen quite a few that just blow my mind and not a single addon was used.

However, there are so many ways I've seen such spectacular use of @R_K 's addons that range anywhere from setting up structures and aligning them properly all the way to almost completely designing a home with nothing but fx
    So, I just feel like so many of us have been able to create amazing works, some of which would be very difficult to impossible to put together if it were not for him.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all I want to say that I really love this thread, so good job OP.

1. Who are you, what name or nickname you like to be called in the community?

Hi everyone, I am a 42 yrs old gaymer (male gay gamer), and you may call me Aelorin - it is also my Altmer magSorc main + crafter.

2. Where are you from and what platform do you play on?

I was born and live in Belgium. I play on PC. I do not own Xbox or PS4.

3. What do you spend your time on when it comes to housing?

I am an altoholic, and for each of my characters I make some sort of background, and then the clothing, pets, housing has to fit in that background. I am not that creative that I can create something brand new when combing furniture, but I like it when my houses look very cosy and ESO-like.

4. How many homes you have decorated?

I do not dare to tell how many houses I own, but I have not decorated them all to full.
    The ones I did are:
    - Grand Psijic Villa - Home for Altmer Sorcerer
    - Amay Lake Lodge - Home for Dunmer Hlaalu Guar Herder
    - Tel Galen - Home for Dunmer Telvanni vampire
    - Velothi Reverie - Home for Dunmer Ashlander
    - Saint Delyn Penthouse - Home for Altmer Sorceress
    - Cliffshade - Home for Altmer Sorcerer
    - The Gorinir Estate - Home for Argonian Tree Mender
    - Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - work in process: Home for Khajiti rogue

5. Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? Share a link

Not yet, maybe in the future.

6. Whats your creation that you are most proud of? (maybe even share a pic)

I really like my grand villa, Tel Galen, and Lake Lodge. I will post later (also to bump this thread :-)

7. What do you like about housing? (we have plenty threads about what we want to improve)

ESO is such a beautifull game, the furniture sometimes feels like hand crafted, so I just like to create a welcoming home for my hard working characters.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »

These are really beautiful! :smiley: Are any of your houses open for viewing through EHT? I would love to visit! :blush:
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Erin,

I did not know it was possible to open more houses to the public. I will try to do this later tonight. The grand villa is my primary residence, so you can visit that one allready! (PS: I am on PC-EU)

Be sure to let me know what you think.

Kind regards,
    Aelorin
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful post! Housing is the main reason I play! Xbox, NA server, Im Mini! I have over 24 houses and apartments and many of them fully decorated and customized.

•Mini`s Pub & Brewery Custom built building at Strident Springs 

https://youtu.be/ztTXexmNB6Y

•Alinor Tailor and Dressmakers shop at Alinor Townhouse

https://youtu.be/u3PsbWWEW3I

•Desert Sands Skooma Lounge at Silent Magnifico 

https://youtu.be/d7L5T4bqu10

•Fairy Mushroom Garden at Sleek Creek

https://youtu.be/VWRC3Oqxrh8

•Treehouse Point treehouse village at Lunar Champion 

https://youtu.be/dAGU2PVemeA

•Forsaken Temple of the Divines at Forsaken Stronghold 

https://youtu.be/nlF7bblMuNY

I've also been featured on Curry Gaming a few times

https://youtu.be/M0mAwALvFj4

Plus I have other houses yet to be uploaded.

Dark Wizards Tower

Haunted House

Adventurers Lodge

Anchors Away Maze

Dinner party in the Jungle

Xbox NA Housing Enthusiast & Vet Trial Healer *Heals in all classes*

Vet Trial Necrommancer Tank currently OT in Kynes Aegis

ESO Community Supporter and Tamriel Activist *Doesn't condone the filthy high elf ways*
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have 1 fully decorated house (Forsaken Stronghold). I had a great time doing it BUT I won't be doing it again until major changes are made. My characters simply do not have the inventory capacity to manage housing items.

The housing system has huge potential but is woefully underdeveloped. We need things like mannequins, farming, better placeable NPC's (player-created!), wayshrines, etc.

Everything within the housing system is heavily monetized, I'm not sure why ZOS won't devote any time to it.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm @CaffeinatedMayhem . I have 45+ homes, most of which are in some state between Decorated and being re-decorated for a housing contest. On PC/NA I think my nickname is "that ***."

My biggest wish for housing is for ZOS to go back and re-work the 9 races furniture styles and/or replace with chapter styles, and give us more compiled furnishings! And more pets in home pls.

If ZOS would let me, I would fix all of the off-axis/weird bounding box issues with every housing item in game, FOR FREE.

@R_K is awesome.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on April 29, 2021 7:48PM
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone fairly new to the game I'm just dipping my toes into the housing pool. I don't think I even have 25% of the furniture plans but I love hunting for them. I play on Xbox NA. There are many of you with fantastic YouTube channels devoted to your housing creations. What I notice is that the majority of you make your creations on PC using add-ons. I wonder if you can point out a few YouTube channels where they create without add-ons. I can't duplicate stuff done with add-ons, but I can get inspiration. You're all so very creative and I appreciate everyone who shares their work with us. It would be great to see what some folks have done without add-ons though. Thank you.
  • AJL32456
    AJL32456
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I'm AJL32456, people call me AJ for short.

I'm from the UK and I play on the Xbox EU Megaserver predominantly, however I do sometimes play on the PC/Mac NA Megaserver. More info about my characters can be found in my signature.

Conceptualising, trying decorating styles out, seeing what works well together. I do tend to try and stick with the racial styles of the house to keep a consistent theme throughout for my houses.

My houses:

Xbox:
    • The Rosy Lion - Not Decorated
    • Mara's Kiss Public House - Not Decorated
    • Sugar Bowl Suite - Not Decorated
    • The Ebony Flask Inn Room - Not Decorated
    • Alinor Crest Townhouse - Decorated
    • Hunding's Palatial Hall - Decorating In Progress
    • Coldharbour Surreal Estate - Decorating In Progress
    • Earthtear Cavern - Decorating In Progress
    • Grand Psijic Villa - Decorating In Progress (PRIMARY)
    • Hakkvild's High Hall - Decorating In Progress
    • Hall Of The Lunar Champion - Decorating In Progress
    • Hunter's Glade - Decorated
    • The Erstwhile Sanctuary - Decorated (Except for pedestal room)

PC:
    • The Rosy Lion - Not Decorated
    • Artaeum Manor - Not Decorated

You might see glimpses of my homes from my Elder Scrolls Online streams on Twitch.

I created a rock garden in the green space in the courtyard of the Alinor Crest Townhouse. It's not totally finished as I want to add a water feature that cascades down the rock faces, but the future plans are in place.

I like the variety of different housing you can get, and the amount of flexibility you are given to decorate and manipulate the objects to create a personality for your house.

Improvements for the future:
    • More permissions and ranking options for owners. Similar to guild ranks, but for housing.
    • Customisable animation options for owners to create their own magical spaces, such as a trigger able item that enables a stairway to be formed, as an example.
    • Housing tours? - Allow owners to put their homes on a housing tour list, so players looking for inspiration and want to be nosey can take a look at other peoples houses.
    • Travel To Guildhall button in guild menus. Guildmasters should be able to set a Guildhall for their guild, so guild members can travel to the selected Guildhall easily and use the services provided.
    • Target Dummies that react to being hit.
    • More payment options for houses (Not just crowns).

This was an awesome idea that has brought so many creators together.
    If anyone's looking for people to meet in game, I have a guild (The Adroit) that is recruiting players from all walks, to socialise and share in their adventures. We are keen to recruit players interested in house design. Head to theadroit.co.uk for more information.
    AJL32456
    - Guildmaster of The Adroit. Only on Xbox EU and PC NA Megaservers. -
    www.theadroit.co.uk

AKA:
    • [Mac] - [NA] - AJL32456
      • Thordin Agard (Lvl: Champion 26 - Breton - Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Thorodin Jartharn (Lvl: 6 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • [Xbox] - [EU] - AJL32456
      • Bjarnar (Lvl: Champion 382 - Nord - Templar - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Shadelurker (Lvl: 18 - Khajiit - Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Drake Ivor (Lvl: 36 - Breton - Warden - Ebonheart Pact)
      • Thorodin Agard (Lvl: 25 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Aegon The Deadly (Lvl: 10 - Breton - Necromancer - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Rhaegar V T(Lvl: 23 - Breton - Necromancer - Daggerfall Covenant)