Maintenance for the week of March 25:
•[COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 25, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

We are the housing community

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
So who is the housing community?
Housing has been around now for 2 years. There have been many homes added and this section of the forums has grown considerably. Every time I log in now I see new people posting to this section adding pictures and videos of their wonderful creations. We have people who work tirelessly to create fresh content as well as new add-ons. Predominantly, the community that comes and posts here is friendly and helpful. I cant ever recall seeing a mod post here to caution over posts for baiting or flaming :smiley:
We spend huge amounts of time creating and decorating homes. We spend vast sums of both gold and RL money. We consist of dozens of housing guilds and streamers, modders and enthusiasts. Yet for all this I sometimes that we are the forgotten about community in this game :'(
We don't yell as loudly as some enthusiasts from other parts of the game and tend not to throw our toys from the crib with as much gusto when something goes wrong. I feel this may contribute somewhat to us being a little overlooked as a vital section of the ESO community.
So, who are the housing community?
I ask for your support of this thread to create a strong message showing the extent and breadth of this excellent and growing housing community. Whether you are a serious designer and streamer or somebody just starting out with an apartment and an interest in decorating.
Please leave a post and say a bit about yourself in the context of housing.
Who are you, what name or nickname you like to be called in the community?
Where are you from and what platform do you play on?
What do you spend your time on when it comes to housing?
How many homes you have decorated?
Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? Share a link
Whats your creation that you are most proud of? (maybe even share a pic)
What do you like about housing? (we have plenty threads about what we want to improve)

Regards,
Zypheran

Edited by Zypheran on March 8, 2019 5:47PM
I'll play the game my way and you play it your way!
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭
    Nice idea. I have 2 houses. I play on NA pc server from Victoria, Australia. As you will gather from what follows I play group PvE mostly vet, I am a quest completionist on my main, and I PvP regularly, mostly in open world. I also have all crafts maxed on my main and a nearly finished crafter. (Due to being dumb about doing writs and research I am way behind.)I am no housing expert but I see housing as integral to many different people's enjoyment of the game.

Firstly I bought 'autumn gate' with gold shortly after housing was introduced. I didn't sub at the time. I hadn't been playing a year. I decorated it exclusively with in game drops and achievements to show newer players in my former guild that you don't have to max the credit card to make a nice unique house. The skyshard was the talking point. 😉

My second is barely half finished. I love the Psijic Villa; it is light and has lots of water. The sunlight streaming through the windows is gorgeous. I can now fit all my undaunted busts outside and put my trophies in 'the pool room.' (My little The Castle joke for the aussies) As well as 2 skyshards I also have the ruby throne😇 and lots of achievement statues in a gorgeous garden.

I am sad I can't place all my mounts and pets though.

I love touring guildies' houses. My PvP guild members have some amazing houses. My PvE trial guild members do too. My trade guilds are so generous with supplying the practicalities I can focus on pretties. The stories they tell me about why their character's home is the way it is are always fascinating and give me insights into lore or their world view. Just like in real life, ESO Tamriel homes say a lot about their owners.

My in game friends play house between running vet dungeons, trials and murdering peeps in PvP. While our preferred parts of the rest of the game differ, we all spend a lot of time, gold and some of us even spend crowns 'soloing' housing.

Whether one groups, plays solo, PvEs casually or regularly runs PvE hardmode, competes for weekly PvP or PvE leaderboards in ESO, or Master crafting,
    Housing *is*the end game. 😂
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on March 9, 2019 1:36PM

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

@Delphinia ! You are incredible! I love your housing designs, but I also adore your videos. I'm also a huge Friends fan and had never seen this vid before. I LOL'd so had I almost sprayed my water through my nose. :lol:
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising tysm! That means so much to me! I'm so glad you liked it! I had a blast filming this one. The cast was on point, but the monkey.. well, he was a bit unruly at times, we didn't keep him on for the next season.. hehe..
    I also love love love your work! 💖
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @mayasunrising tysm! That means so much to me! I'm so glad you liked it! I had a blast filming this one. The cast was on point, but the monkey.. well, he was a bit unruly at times, we didn't keep him on for the next season.. hehe..
    I also love love love your work! 💖

@Delphinia

Aww. Thank you! <3 I think my particular challenge this year will be working up to larger designs. I still haven't decorated the outside of my Villa, just because I find it so daunting. But I am absolutely inspired by your work and others' here.

Hey, as I recall the monkey didn't work out all that well for Ross either? LOL

iLDB2l.gif
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, great to see the creativity on display from people. I'm loving the input here.
    @Delphinia I remember that Great Library tour. I was so impressed when I saw it. I think it was one of the best videos that showcased the immense possibilities for housing. Sorry to hear about your kitty though.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Wow, great to see the creativity on display from people. I'm loving the input here.
    @Delphinia I remember that Great Library tour. I was so impressed when I saw it. I think it was one of the best videos that showcased the immense possibilities for housing. Sorry to hear about your kitty though.
    Thank you so much for your kind words 💗🐱
    Edited by Delphinia on March 12, 2019 3:31PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I count myself a long-time lurker here, and can't boast a great number of finished housing projects (though I do have some unfinished ones), but lately I enjoy housing in ESO more than anything else, so should I consider myself a part of any community in ESO, Housing Community would be the first to come to my mind.

My in-game name is NoTimeToWait, I am playing on PC EU server and my physical self is situated in Ukraine.
    I spend at least half of my in-game time on activities connected with housing one way or another (getting achievements, trading, crafting, exploring). I do find a lot of inspiration and ideas from in-game areas designed by ZOS, so I explore a lot.
    I was planning on joining the housing guild for quite a long time, but somehow, got myself too attached to my current 5 guilds (1 of them is social and 4 trading guilds which all are very amiable) that I am already part of, so it's really hard for me to leave any of these guilds.

I am a kind of person that wouldn't furnish a house without a decent idea behind it, so it is a main reason I don't have many houses, because I would really like to make each of them unique.
    I do spend a lot of time planning and preparing resources, so I completed only 1 small housing project: Twin Arches, which was unfortunately cannibalized in favor of the bigger sand-themed housing project which is currently Work In Progress https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459468/khaj-mahal-or-where-this-khajiit-stored-all-the-stolen-marble-from-alinor#latest

There are 3 main reasons I enjoy housing in ESO: 1) the Elder Scrolls theme (figures, eh?) 2)the housing assets are top notch quality and they get better with every major expansion (I could really spend half an hour looking at some furnishings). Each racial style is detailed and has its own flavor, though I feel dismayed that Khajiiti style is a bit exaggerated to my taste 3) the game graphics engine really makes it all look and feel awesome, the water, the light.

The only thing I would really like to change is that in the end of the day, houses in ESO have no usage (I find in-game crafting hubs more useful and lively than the one I could assemble in my own house), besides the life they get in our own imagination as part of our character's life. Otherwise, the finished house in ESO becomes static and more or less useless, if not used as a guild hall.

And, well, we didn't really have any significant events organized by ZOS, since the only one (?) right after the housing was implemented, so this is partially the reason I am posting here. Housing is not necessarily a vast investment. One could make a decent thing with a small in-game budget. So I feel the small housing is being neglected by ZOS, and without small housing getting attention we can't have events that involve small housing projects (and that is the kind of housing which most players would be able to participate in)
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 12, 2019 4:21PM
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please allow me to introduce myself...
    I'm Incognitius, also known as @Peaceruler on PC-EU, but call me Peace.

I love housing in ESO! <3 It's my biggest passion in this game. When a quarterly patch comes out, the things I look for are new houses and new furnishing items. Everything else comes secondary.

This is why I've joined the Tamriel Homes guild, and am happy to be a member among so many creative people who inspire me. It's a wonderful guild with guided tours, contests and out-of-the-blue invitations of people who have just finished their houses and want to give a tour.

Next to furnishing houses, I also run DLC dungeons with friends, and do crafting writs. These last two fund my insatiable appetite for houses. I started with creating houses for my (then) 8 characters in their own racial style. Then I maxed out character slots to have more characters to create houses for. Now, I've moved on to making themed houses or redecorating existing houses.
    Currently, I own 31 houses, 30 fully decorated, and one a work in progress. So I'm always short on gold. :) Though most houses I own are small or medium houses. I have few large or notable ones.

I'm good at making houses look pretty, but I'm not the most creative of decorators. I especially struggle with empty plots, creating something interestingly new out of ordinary objects, and with letting go of my "making a pretty home" comfort zone. The more houses I furnish, the more they start to look alike. ;)
    I've been trying my hand on two more "evil" themed homes, but it's a work in progress. ^^"

These are a few of my pretty houses, showcased on the Tamriel Houses website:

https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179512030956/wardens-retreat-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179511740806/mephalas-shrine-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179999391841/not-so-humblemud-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/181298916821/temple-of-dibella-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/183163215166/alana-telvannis-tel-galen-player-peaceruler

These are my darker themed houses:

Erstwhile Sanctuary
    mRpmzIx.jpg
    6T2JL3M.jpg
    HVTLWGA.jpg

Hunter's Glade
    7kdtxAz.jpg
    KjAKGjH.jpg
    z5gjEUF.jpg
    ITSidU6.jpg
    m63H9Wr.jpg

Cold Harbour Estate ~ Under Construction
    OVq277f.jpg

Nice to meet you all, and I hope more people will contribute to this thread.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Tigerseye (or Tigaseye, in-game - some people call me Tiga).

From the UK and play on PC/EU.

Spend my time on decorating, rather than building, due to the item limits and because I enjoy decorating. If the furnishing limit was higher and building was as easy, varied and seamless as it is in the Sims, I would happily do that too, though.

I've decorated 18 homes/rooms (out of a total of 34 I currently own); none are on Youtube, yet.

I probably like my Alinor Townhouse, my Mistveil Manor, my Ald Velothi and my Princely Dawnlight Palace the best (despite the low furnishing limit). Hunding's is also a favourite house of mine and was one of the first I did. I like some of the inn rooms and smaller houses, too, though. I'm less keen on most of the Notables, for various reasons.

I enjoy decorating and having bases all over Tamriel.

There could be far more to housing than that, though.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Just dropping by so zos knows that we want more houses in DLC areas that already have houses. A new clockwork city home and maybe another in the gold coast.
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, fellow endgamers, since home decorating is the true endgame of ESO. B)

Who are you, what name or nickname you like to be called in the community?

I am a male, hitting the age of 40 soon. I have been using the nickname Watchdog on the Internet and in real life communities alike for over 20 years.

Where are you from and what platform do you play on?

I come from the Czech Republic (European Union) and I play on the PC EU server, although I keep an alt on the PC NA server since the Summerfall event, just in case any similar event ever happens again, so that I can again contribute to the communty's efforts on both servers.

What do you spend your time on when it comes to housing?

That is difficult to say. Probably making enough gold to get all the plans and items I want? Then decorating, and then trying to get the lighting and angle just right for that perfect screenshot.

How many homes you have decorated?

Only my Velothi Reverie home could be called fully presentable.

Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? Share a link

Nope. My cameraman skill line is not levelled up enough, I am afraid.

Whats your creation that you are most proud of? (maybe even share a pic)

My Velothi Reverie home redecorated in Clockwork City style.

thHH9fn.png

The latest version of the home:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5900097/#Comment_5900097

What do you like about housing? (we have plenty threads about what we want to improve)

The plenty of styles and unique items to give the homes more flavour - coming from achievements, master plans, luxury vendors and sometimes even Crown Store. I also like to create little stories about the houses and the characters there, mine and NPC's alike.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    I'm @Alexsae, and my nickname is Alex. I play with my husband and a small group of friends who came over with us from EQII.

I'm from California, and we play on the PC/NA server. I spend quite a bit of time decorating but also traveling around and enjoying other people's homes. So far, I've decorated 4 houses, but I have several waiting for some attention.

The home I'm most proud of is my Colossal Aldmeri Grotto. I've redone it several times, and I feel like I've finally been able to include everything I need...living space, crafting, garden, and practice areas. It's a painful item count, but I'm still really happy with the result.

skd7n2181fub.jpg

My favorite part of housing is the attention to detail. Sometimes when the marine layer comes in at the Grotto, I find myself boggling at how real it all feels. <3
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m @KrainorBlackthorne my DDA guildies call me Krainz, lol. I’m PC/NA and from New York City. I have a lot of homes in which I combine to for a growing town in a valley just across the wall and into Colovian Estates. I love working on my homes especially with the https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html#info
    addon which really allows you to customize your homes. Here’s a pic of my Linchal , it’s a old pic it’s way better now with more effects. The 4 dark sections are actually my vineyards.
    v43fvxrumvg7.png

Edited by Krainor1974 on March 20, 2019 3:57AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m @KrainorBlackthorne my DDA guildies call me Krainz, lol. I’m PC/NA and from New York City. I have a lot of homes in which I combine to for a growing town in a valley just across the wall and into Colovian Estates. I love working on my homes especially with the https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html#info
    addon which really allows you to customize your homes. Here’s a pic of my Linchal , it’s a old pic it’s way better now with more effects. The 4 dark sections are actually my vineyards.
    v43fvxrumvg7.png

Wow @Krainor1974 that is great use of EHT. Looks like you could transform this home into a farmstead, which I haven't previously considered.
    Thanks for sharing
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please allow me to introduce myself...
    I'm Incognitius, also known as @Peaceruler on PC-EU, but call me Peace.

I love housing in ESO! <3 It's my biggest passion in this game. When a quarterly patch comes out, the things I look for are new houses and new furnishing items. Everything else comes secondary.

This is why I've joined the Tamriel Homes guild, and am happy to be a member among so many creative people who inspire me. It's a wonderful guild with guided tours, contests and out-of-the-blue invitations of people who have just finished their houses and want to give a tour.

Next to furnishing houses, I also run DLC dungeons with friends, and do crafting writs. These last two fund my insatiable appetite for houses. I started with creating houses for my (then) 8 characters in their own racial style. Then I maxed out character slots to have more characters to create houses for. Now, I've moved on to making themed houses or redecorating existing houses.
    Currently, I own 31 houses, 30 fully decorated, and one a work in progress. So I'm always short on gold. :) Though most houses I own are small or medium houses. I have few large or notable ones.

I'm good at making houses look pretty, but I'm not the most creative of decorators. I especially struggle with empty plots, creating something interestingly new out of ordinary objects, and with letting go of my "making a pretty home" comfort zone. The more houses I furnish, the more they start to look alike. ;)
    I've been trying my hand on two more "evil" themed homes, but it's a work in progress. ^^"

These are a few of my pretty houses, showcased on the Tamriel Houses website:

https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179512030956/wardens-retreat-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179511740806/mephalas-shrine-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179999391841/not-so-humblemud-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/181298916821/temple-of-dibella-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/183163215166/alana-telvannis-tel-galen-player-peaceruler

These are my darker themed houses:

Erstwhile Sanctuary
    mRpmzIx.jpg
    6T2JL3M.jpg
    HVTLWGA.jpg

Hunter's Glade
    7kdtxAz.jpg
    KjAKGjH.jpg
    z5gjEUF.jpg
    ITSidU6.jpg
    m63H9Wr.jpg

Cold Harbour Estate ~ Under Construction
    OVq277f.jpg

Nice to meet you all, and I hope more people will contribute to this thread.

Ah @Incognitius all this time on forums I never knew you were Peaceruler! I'm also in Tamriel Homes Guild.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone !

I'm Mysanne and I'm French.
    I play on PC/EU.
    I love housing since it began.

I spend 50 % of my play time on decorating houses and 20 other percent to earn money to buy furnitures !

How many homes have you decorated? About 30 houses

Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? No but I'd like to.

Here are some of my houses.

The first that I did : Autumn's Gate
    190321091843842400.png

The Monastery
    190321091035335869.png
    190321091119395782.png
    190321091156124152.png

The thieves' lair
    190321091900140351.png

At the witch's
    190321091331740804.png
    190321091422444708.png
    190321091535526489.png
    190321091555297339.png

Doctor's visit
    190321091658915070.png

The bloody workshop
    190321091258984090.png

At the winemaker (I'm French !!! :blush: )
    190321091720930786.png

I think exactly the same thing!
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭
    Great initiative! My game name is @CantFixIt, my main character is Fixed-It.

I have two entirely finished houses so far - both Argonian as it is my passion - in centre Shadowfen and the Murkmire mansion. I am currently working on the Snow Globe house, telling the story of a Mage kept captive in there and gone mad trying to escape and break the glass.

I spend a lot of time being creative and adding many little details to tell stories.

I own about 20 houses and am spending an increasing amount of time decorating and visiting other players houses.
    If someone can recommend a PC-EU housing guild I could join, it'd be swell!
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v43fvxrumvg7.png

Wow @Krainor1974 that is great use of EHT. Looks like you could transform this home into a farmstead, which I haven't previously considered.
    Thanks for sharing

That pic is like 3 months old it’s a whole other level now along with all my other homes.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah @Incognitius all this time on forums I never knew you were Peaceruler! I'm also in Tamriel Homes Guild.

^^"
    At the start of playing ESO I mainly lurked on the forum or posted a complaint about a bug or something. So I chose a forum name that looked nothing like my @name, as I didn't think a connection needed to be made.

Then came housing, and I started posting a lot more. :D

Mysanne wrote: »

How many homes have you decorated? About 30 houses

Phew, I'm not the only one. ;-) Happy to see people from new and old housing guilds I was a member of. :D