Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We are the housing community

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So who is the housing community?
Housing has been around now for 2 years. There have been many homes added and this section of the forums has grown considerably. Every time I log in now I see new people posting to this section adding pictures and videos of their wonderful creations. We have people who work tirelessly to create fresh content as well as new add-ons. Predominantly, the community that comes and posts here is friendly and helpful. I cant ever recall seeing a mod post here to caution over posts for baiting or flaming :smiley:
We spend huge amounts of time creating and decorating homes. We spend vast sums of both gold and RL money. We consist of dozens of housing guilds and streamers, modders and enthusiasts. Yet for all this I sometimes that we are the forgotten about community in this game :'(
We don't yell as loudly as some enthusiasts from other parts of the game and tend not to throw our toys from the crib with as much gusto when something goes wrong. I feel this may contribute somewhat to us being a little overlooked as a vital section of the ESO community.
So, who are the housing community?
I ask for your support of this thread to create a strong message showing the extent and breadth of this excellent and growing housing community. Whether you are a serious designer and streamer or somebody just starting out with an apartment and an interest in decorating.
Please leave a post and say a bit about yourself in the context of housing.
Who are you, what name or nickname you like to be called in the community?
Where are you from and what platform do you play on?
What do you spend your time on when it comes to housing?
How many homes you have decorated?
Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? Share a link
Whats your creation that you are most proud of? (maybe even share a pic)
What do you like about housing? (we have plenty threads about what we want to improve)

Regards,
Zypheran

Edited by Zypheran on March 8, 2019 5:47PM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea, @Zypheran <3

My player name is @Cardinal05 and my add-on author name on ESOUI.com is Cardinal05.
    (Some refer to me as Geezus Take The Heal - my main character's name)
    (Most just call me Cardi)

I live in the states, play on PC/NA and pretty much spend 95% of my in-game time in Housing nowadays.
    Nearly all of that time is devoted to maintaining and expanding Essential Housing Tools, Magic Carpet, DecoTrack and a few other add-ons.

My decorated homes are the Grand Topal Hideaway (Coldharbour Arena) and the Linchal Grand Manor (Clockwork Laboratory).

My YouTube channel, Cardinal05, has playlists for tutorials for, and demonstrations of, Essential Housing Tools, Magic Carpet, etc.

The Housing system in this game has absolutely huge potential. First, the models, textures, animations and sounds created for nearly all of the homes and furniture library are 100% Triple A quality.

But beyond that, there is so, so much that you can already do today in Housing with a few clever uses of the game's Housing API. Once you tap into that, many things become [and are] possible. Taking advantage of that potential - and then being able to package it up and deliver it into the hands our incredibly talented Housing Community - was my motivation for creating Magic Carpet (for flying throughout your home, dueling in mid-air, etc.) and Essential Housing Tools (for basic to advanced editing, copy & paste, backups, animation, automation, 3D special effects, weather and sky manipulation, etc.) in particular.

Grand Topal Hideaway (Coldharbour Arena)

2k703l8jwhab.jpg

uh4ieosqsazs.jpg

Linchal Grand Manor (Clockwork Laboratory)

fhnlq5453g6w.jpg
    Edited by R_K on March 8, 2019 7:52PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Cardi.
    Well I live in Ireland and play on PC-EU.
    I spend most of my time on the PTS because it allows me the freedom to play with the housing system and try out new designs without burning a hole in my wallet.
    Ive designed many houses at this stage and what I love most is trying to create some sort of unique build that changes the look and feel of the place.
    I record most of my designs on to YouTube - Well, the ones that work out! :D there are so many that I abandon because they just don't fit together!
    The house I'm most proud of was my 3rd attempt at Psijic Villa. I just so wanted to flip that house into something different.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOX7Bg9G548

I love the housing element of this game. Yes it has limitations but overall it has a great balance of user-friendliness, accessibility and creative freedom. The other element of housing that I enjoy is the community. I've been so impressed by the amount of people that produce a seemingly endless stream of creativity. I love finding new people to subscribe to and always cant wait to see the latest designs that people post each week.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Housing Folks,

My in-game name is Sharalei. I live in Australia, and play on the NA server. I've been a member of the housing community for about 6 months now, and in that time have met the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing online.

Housing gives me an outlet for releasing and sharing creativity. I simply love it! Generally, my in-game time looks something like this:

60% - building houses, or designing my next project.
    20% - visiting other player houses.
    10% - making gold to afford to build houses (urn looting, thieving/pickpocketting).
    10% - dailies & picking flowers.

I have two housing projects that I'm most proud of. My first ever shared build, I'd decided to bring a little paradise to Cold Harbour.

Thank you Cardi for your generous time and efforts making the video for me. <3
    At the time of making this video, Cardi didn't know me, other than someone on the forums who was whining about my magic carpet kicking me off. His kindness and generosity blew me away, and still does!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CMES_kY5eho

And more recently, My Villa.

Sincere thanks to the beautiful Delphinnia for gifting me her time and amazing video skills so generously. <3

https://youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=oy1ViiXmwsA

This year, I'm hoping to develop the EHT skills to create a truly remarkable build, one which showcases the Eseential Housing Tools addon that Cardi has so generously gifted to us housing folks. I'm a perfectionist, so it will require my EHT catching up with my OCD, but we'll get there! :smiley:

Love this community! <3

PS: I've never known how to shout out to a person, like to link them here so they know they have been mentioned. So if someone can kindly explain this obvious simple thing that I'm missing, please send me a private message. I'd appreciate it. :)
    Edited by Sharalei on March 9, 2019 12:28PM
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea. I have 2 houses. I play on NA pc server from Victoria, Australia. As you will gather from what follows I play group PvE mostly vet, I am a quest completionist on my main, and I PvP regularly, mostly in open world. I also have all crafts maxed on my main and a nearly finished crafter. (Due to being dumb about doing writs and research I am way behind.)I am no housing expert but I see housing as integral to many different people's enjoyment of the game.

Firstly I bought 'autumn gate' with gold shortly after housing was introduced. I didn't sub at the time. I hadn't been playing a year. I decorated it exclusively with in game drops and achievements to show newer players in my former guild that you don't have to max the credit card to make a nice unique house. The skyshard was the talking point. 😉

My second is barely half finished. I love the Psijic Villa; it is light and has lots of water. The sunlight streaming through the windows is gorgeous. I can now fit all my undaunted busts outside and put my trophies in 'the pool room.' (My little The Castle joke for the aussies) As well as 2 skyshards I also have the ruby throne😇 and lots of achievement statues in a gorgeous garden.

I am sad I can't place all my mounts and pets though.

I love touring guildies' houses. My PvP guild members have some amazing houses. My PvE trial guild members do too. My trade guilds are so generous with supplying the practicalities I can focus on pretties. The stories they tell me about why their character's home is the way it is are always fascinating and give me insights into lore or their world view. Just like in real life, ESO Tamriel homes say a lot about their owners.

My in game friends play house between running vet dungeons, trials and murdering peeps in PvP. While our preferred parts of the rest of the game differ, we all spend a lot of time, gold and some of us even spend crowns 'soloing' housing.

Whether one groups, plays solo, PvEs casually or regularly runs PvE hardmode, competes for weekly PvP or PvE leaderboards in ESO, or Master crafting,
    Housing *is*the end game. 😂
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on March 9, 2019 1:36PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all!

Great idea @Zypheran ! thank you!

I'm @Delphinia as well as Delphinia in game. My friends call me Del or Delphy.
    I play on PC/NA.

You can also find me here https://www.youtube.com/c/DelphiniaCinema
    that is where you'll find my ESO related videos (mostly housing).
    One of my favorite vids I did, is one that is not really housing related.
    I just had a lot of fun making it and it brings back some good memories.
    https://youtu.be/gAkWZBJNKT0

I absolutely love this housing community.
    Everyone has been so kind and supportive as I continue making housing videos.

A home tour isn't just a "tour" to me.. I believe every home has a story....
    I wanted to do something different and unique...

Sometimes it is left to your imagination as to what has happened or will happen.
    However, there is always a piece of a larger puzzle there, whether it be direct and obvious,
    or subtle and hidden...

I started out just wanting to tell a story that came to me while designing my Coven Cottage.
    Which I have reworked a bit.
    After that, I began filming some of the stunning works of other talented housing enthusiasts, friends and guild mates.

I've filmed for so many truly wonderfully inspiring decorators; I can't list them all, but here are just a few and I encourage you to view their breathtaking designs and builds:

@Chryseia
    @Sharalei
    @Tyatae
    @Hauteecole_Rider16
    @Wreuntzylla
    @Ashgard23
    @Gorak

I started playing during ESO beta. I pve, but mostly pvp.
    I earned the titles Empress and Grand Overlord just for the furnishings.

I have been in love with housing since it was released.
    Now, I feel like I've died and gone to heaven with EHT.
    A variety of builds would not have been possible without a truly amazing person, @R_K
    He has given us artists the paint brushes and palettes to create masterpieces.

I started playing golf at age 10 and enjoy it immensely.
    I also write poetry and short stories.
    Unsure what might be of any interest to you..
    volunteer at local animal shelters..
    did a bit of modeling..
    love Japanese food..
    married a musician (who also happens to appear in a few of my vids)
    oh, and I can do this weird thing with my lips where I can make the top angle one way and
    the bottom angle the other... yeah, not very impressive..
    I love animals.. and despise people who neglect or abuse them..
    Our kitty has lung cancer and they did not expect her to live past a couple of months.
    It has been almost a year since we were told.
    We keep her in our prayers daily.
    She has given us so much joy and love....
    Edited by Delphinia on October 6, 2019 5:17PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, fellow housing enthusiasts:
    • My player name is TheElderCrow. Crow is a befitting name in any form.
    • I'm from Euroland and I play on the PC EU server.
    • I am fully grown up (RL level 52, currently), my hubby is an ex-gamer and our son is a gamer, too. While sonny is not all that much into housing (or fantasy settings at that), he plays ESO as well. Sometimes. For the giggles. If his only character weren't a wedding-dress-and-nightpot-and-zombie-personality-wearing Altmer lady riding a camel, he would play a fat Orc in a pink wedding dress for sure. But I digress.
    • I work with computers. Most of my monthly gaming allowance goes into ESO - especially into costumes, pets, mounts, motifs and ... housing, of course. We have a house IRL, and I wish I invested as much time and funds in decorating it, but doing it in ESO is just a lot more fun. I mean, I can remain sitting in front of my computer!
    • I spend most of my housing time buying furniture from guild traders. I do craft furniture, but my main crafter's skills are sketchy at best, and farming for mats is somewhat boring I think. The second biggest batch of housing time goes into decorating and rearranging stuff.
    • I own over fourty homes, and because I bought most of them furnished, most are decorated. Kind of. I rearrange most of the initial furniture and add stuff until I like it. But no matter which type of house I decorate - results are pretty similar. I just seem to like a certain type of furniture set-up, styles, etc. A friend once asked if ESO housing was that restricted, style-wise, or if it was also possible to live on a huge pile of bones. Well, yes, it is possible, but none of my characters would like that... they like their homes cozy.
    • I have no YouTube videos of my homes. They're not that special. But I love to watch ESO housing vids on YouTube!
    • While Silent Magnifico's is not my favorite house, it's the one that took the most time and resources to decorate. Initially, I didn't want the house because it doesn't have a garden, but then I bought it and made a small interior garden, four corners in the patio, so to say, each displaying different fauna and flora.
      VNjnudk.jpg
      And from there on I branched out ... built a wall upstairs, filled the arches with grates and so on.
      I even started to decorate the Grand Psijic Villa (I even made a US character so we could make it to 100%), but my characters are basically living between moving boxes until I continue.
      w8rIPGG.jpg
    • I like everything about ESO's housing. It's so much better than that of SWTOR, at least in my opinion. Sadly, I never made it to level 15 in WildStar so I never found out about housing in that game!
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on March 9, 2019 7:10PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi beautiful housing community! <3

I'm Maya Sun! Maya as in My-uh, and Sun as in Officer Aeryn Sun from Farscape (Much love to my fellow FS fans! WOOP!) My friends just call me Maya.

I'm from the butt-end of New England - VT and I play on PC/NA and sometimes EU. You'll usually see my on my main, Varda Sirith Moonstar, generally in Cyrodiil. I just achieved IRL level 47 today! Hurrah! I'm a Riot Grrrl and punk loving gamer geek girl with a bit of technical expertise, web design/development skills, and a highly creative mind. My patron saints are Amanda F***ing Palmer (I'm going to see her for the first time in April! Yippy Skippy!), and Neil Gaiman. During the spring and summer I spend most of my days as a busker (street musician) on Church Street in Burlington. This April I'll being my thirds season as B-towns Original Ukulele Riot Grrrl! <3 In the fall I'm all about Halloween! My ex and I used to build mini-haunts and throw big Halloween bashes. :blush: During the long VT winters...I...uh...hibernate, hang out with my besties, and eat all the delicious local VT foods I can. LOL

When it comes to housing I'm really into complete redesigns! There just something about transforming a space and making it nearly unrecognizable from the vanilla home that I absolutely enjoy. I'm also a bit of a housing gnome/inventor too. I like take the resources and tools available (like Essential Housing Tools) and seeing just how far I can push them, and how they can be used in unique ways. Some of my favorite projects have been The Pretty Deadly Arena; an tuck-away-when-not-in-use dueling pit complete with unique dynamic obstacle (well before the new arena home was offered), A workable two way elevator, and my latest contraption, the Tamriel Automated Relocation Device & Instant Soup-maker™ (or TARDIS. :wink: )
    The T.A.R.D.I.S

Lessee, I've decorate 4 homes completely; Mournoth Keep, The Exorcised Coven Cottage, Saint Delyn's Penthouse, and the Grand Psijic Villa (Though I recently tore that one up a bit to start a redesign). Mournoth was the first home I ever purchased and it will always love it.

Unfortunately I don't have tours up on YouTube since I'm terrible at making videos, but I do have some videos of my gadgets and EHT creations. Here's a link if anyone would like to take a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChnnxUh8fNgly6sdZ6-by2A

I'm definitely most proud of my Mournoth Keep, and Exorcised Coven Cottage redesigns!

My Mournoth
    bxszc9p2zgpj.png
    sztmmgpq56u5.png
    ftnn5we3pdwy.png
    9lvt6hpbm05b.png
    0chnuahdcjou.png
    j6hv0uivg2bm.png
    kjpt08kma81q.png
    cp1cf6xf0shg.png
    78cylyj2t19p.png
    5h2hgzpxhv6g.png
    yht102exr3q3.png

The Enchanted/Haunted Tree House
    nk679dvr47qz.png
    td3awc3nwg4n.png
    z3hgfa2d7nwg.png
    rqedbpnc0fum.png
    be9m4z9l7zde.png

I love the potential we have to customize the homes using base housing system along with add-on's like EHT. I sometimes feel like an artist sitting before a canvas looking at an amazing assortment of mediums that will allow me to paint whatever incredible landscape I like. The creativity of it all is just wonderful. Some of the builds that have been shared - especially (And not meaning to put @R_K on the spot) since EHT and EFX have been released) are absolutely mind-blowing and extremely inspirational.

I also adore the community that has grown since Homestead was released! I participate in a lot of PvP and - as anyone that pvps can testify to - that community can be super toxic. It's very east ti lose faith in the people behind the keyboards sometimes. But out housing community reminds me that most people that play ESO are awesome. Y'all are just super sweet, kind, funny, and amazingly creative. I love sharing, and laughing, and creating with all of you! <3
    Edited by mayasunrising on March 9, 2019 9:32PM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

@Delphinia ! You are incredible! I love your housing designs, but I also adore your videos. I'm also a huge Friends fan and had never seen this vid before. I LOL'd so had I almost sprayed my water through my nose. :lol:
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising tysm! That means so much to me! I'm so glad you liked it! I had a blast filming this one. The cast was on point, but the monkey.. well, he was a bit unruly at times, we didn't keep him on for the next season.. hehe..
    I also love love love your work! 💖
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @mayasunrising tysm! That means so much to me! I'm so glad you liked it! I had a blast filming this one. The cast was on point, but the monkey.. well, he was a bit unruly at times, we didn't keep him on for the next season.. hehe..
    I also love love love your work! 💖

@Delphinia

Aww. Thank you! <3 I think my particular challenge this year will be working up to larger designs. I still haven't decorated the outside of my Villa, just because I find it so daunting. But I am absolutely inspired by your work and others' here.

Hey, as I recall the monkey didn't work out all that well for Ross either? LOL

iLDB2l.gif

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, great to see the creativity on display from people. I'm loving the input here.
    @Delphinia I remember that Great Library tour. I was so impressed when I saw it. I think it was one of the best videos that showcased the immense possibilities for housing. Sorry to hear about your kitty though.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Wow, great to see the creativity on display from people. I'm loving the input here.
    @Delphinia I remember that Great Library tour. I was so impressed when I saw it. I think it was one of the best videos that showcased the immense possibilities for housing. Sorry to hear about your kitty though.
    Thank you so much for your kind words 💗🐱
    Edited by Delphinia on March 12, 2019 3:31PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I count myself a long-time lurker here, and can't boast a great number of finished housing projects (though I do have some unfinished ones), but lately I enjoy housing in ESO more than anything else, so should I consider myself a part of any community in ESO, Housing Community would be the first to come to my mind.

My in-game name is NoTimeToWait, I am playing on PC EU server and my physical self is situated in Ukraine.
    I spend at least half of my in-game time on activities connected with housing one way or another (getting achievements, trading, crafting, exploring). I do find a lot of inspiration and ideas from in-game areas designed by ZOS, so I explore a lot.
    I was planning on joining the housing guild for quite a long time, but somehow, got myself too attached to my current 5 guilds (1 of them is social and 4 trading guilds which all are very amiable) that I am already part of, so it's really hard for me to leave any of these guilds.

I am a kind of person that wouldn't furnish a house without a decent idea behind it, so it is a main reason I don't have many houses, because I would really like to make each of them unique.
    I do spend a lot of time planning and preparing resources, so I completed only 1 small housing project: Twin Arches, which was unfortunately cannibalized in favor of the bigger sand-themed housing project which is currently Work In Progress https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459468/khaj-mahal-or-where-this-khajiit-stored-all-the-stolen-marble-from-alinor#latest

There are 3 main reasons I enjoy housing in ESO: 1) the Elder Scrolls theme (figures, eh?) 2)the housing assets are top notch quality and they get better with every major expansion (I could really spend half an hour looking at some furnishings). Each racial style is detailed and has its own flavor, though I feel dismayed that Khajiiti style is a bit exaggerated to my taste 3) the game graphics engine really makes it all look and feel awesome, the water, the light.

The only thing I would really like to change is that in the end of the day, houses in ESO have no usage (I find in-game crafting hubs more useful and lively than the one I could assemble in my own house), besides the life they get in our own imagination as part of our character's life. Otherwise, the finished house in ESO becomes static and more or less useless, if not used as a guild hall.

And, well, we didn't really have any significant events organized by ZOS, since the only one (?) right after the housing was implemented, so this is partially the reason I am posting here. Housing is not necessarily a vast investment. One could make a decent thing with a small in-game budget. So I feel the small housing is being neglected by ZOS, and without small housing getting attention we can't have events that involve small housing projects (and that is the kind of housing which most players would be able to participate in)
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 12, 2019 4:21PM
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all!
    Great idea to start a post here! I hope we get a lot of responses.

I'm Ravensilver and I play on the EU Server. Housing is the main reason why I returned to ESO after being away for a few years. I wanted to play, but I didn't want to spend my evenings stressed out, so I left WoW and came back to Tamriel. :)

Right now I have a little more time, because I finished my rl apprenticeship and am looking for a new job, but before I used to come home tired and stressed and spending the evenings furnishing houses and rooms was the perfect way to relax.
    I'm a creative person and the many possibilities of Housing truly appeal to me.

I love waiting until inspiration strikes me (usually in the shower, or in the middle of the night... ^^;; ) and then I start on a new housing project. By now, I own 21 of the 'houses' available. ^^ I've fully furnished about 13 of them, the others are works-in-progress.

I love all the different styles and I try to do a lot of the furniture crafting myself (which means I'm always chasing recipes throughout Tamriel), and I buy a lot from the guild stores. But I've also spent an inordinate amount of money on crowns, just so I could buy more furniture from the store... ^^;;

A while back I joined a lovely guild, the Tamriel Homes Guild and am totally blown away by the incredible creativity that many guildmembers show. Check out our houses at https://tamrielhomes.com/https://tamrielhomes.com/. Three of mine are up there, too. :)

What I really would love to see from ZOS is a way to upgrade the amount of slots, especially in the smaller places. I'd love to pay for that, any day! It's all the small details that make up a really comfy home - but they take up lots of slots. A little flower here, a cup there, a book on the bed, a towel on the floor...

I love to fiddle around with all the furnishings, trying to make my places look lived in. Right now I'm working on my Saint Delyn Penthouse, but 30 slots is just... not enough. I place a few things and it's already full. *sigh*

I loved decorating the Snow Globe during the winter season. You can see it here:

https://tamrielhomes.com/post/181165641771/winter-retreat-player-ravensilver-house

And my first, and still favorite place is the Earthtear Cavern - it's where I go to relax after a long evening of questing:

https://tamrielhomes.com/post/177351601831/ravensilvers-earthtear-garden-player

As I said in the beginning: Housing is what brought me back to ESO. And it *definitely* is what's keeping me here! I hope there will be much, much more to come for us Housing fans. :)
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please allow me to introduce myself...
    I'm Incognitius, also known as @Peaceruler on PC-EU, but call me Peace.

I love housing in ESO! <3 It's my biggest passion in this game. When a quarterly patch comes out, the things I look for are new houses and new furnishing items. Everything else comes secondary.

This is why I've joined the Tamriel Homes guild, and am happy to be a member among so many creative people who inspire me. It's a wonderful guild with guided tours, contests and out-of-the-blue invitations of people who have just finished their houses and want to give a tour.

Next to furnishing houses, I also run DLC dungeons with friends, and do crafting writs. These last two fund my insatiable appetite for houses. I started with creating houses for my (then) 8 characters in their own racial style. Then I maxed out character slots to have more characters to create houses for. Now, I've moved on to making themed houses or redecorating existing houses.
    Currently, I own 31 houses, 30 fully decorated, and one a work in progress. So I'm always short on gold. :) Though most houses I own are small or medium houses. I have few large or notable ones.

I'm good at making houses look pretty, but I'm not the most creative of decorators. I especially struggle with empty plots, creating something interestingly new out of ordinary objects, and with letting go of my "making a pretty home" comfort zone. The more houses I furnish, the more they start to look alike. ;)
    I've been trying my hand on two more "evil" themed homes, but it's a work in progress. ^^"

These are a few of my pretty houses, showcased on the Tamriel Houses website:

https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179512030956/wardens-retreat-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179511740806/mephalas-shrine-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179999391841/not-so-humblemud-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/181298916821/temple-of-dibella-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/183163215166/alana-telvannis-tel-galen-player-peaceruler

These are my darker themed houses:

Erstwhile Sanctuary
    mRpmzIx.jpg
    6T2JL3M.jpg
    HVTLWGA.jpg

Hunter's Glade
    7kdtxAz.jpg
    KjAKGjH.jpg
    z5gjEUF.jpg
    ITSidU6.jpg
    m63H9Wr.jpg

Cold Harbour Estate ~ Under Construction
    OVq277f.jpg

Nice to meet you all, and I hope more people will contribute to this thread.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Tigerseye (or Tigaseye, in-game - some people call me Tiga).

From the UK and play on PC/EU.

Spend my time on decorating, rather than building, due to the item limits and because I enjoy decorating. If the furnishing limit was higher and building was as easy, varied and seamless as it is in the Sims, I would happily do that too, though.

I've decorated 18 homes/rooms (out of a total of 34 I currently own); none are on Youtube, yet.

I probably like my Alinor Townhouse, my Mistveil Manor, my Ald Velothi and my Princely Dawnlight Palace the best (despite the low furnishing limit). Hunding's is also a favourite house of mine and was one of the first I did. I like some of the inn rooms and smaller houses, too, though. I'm less keen on most of the Notables, for various reasons.

I enjoy decorating and having bases all over Tamriel.

There could be far more to housing than that, though.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Just dropping by so zos knows that we want more houses in DLC areas that already have houses. A new clockwork city home and maybe another in the gold coast.
  • Silvervind
    Silvervind
    ✭✭✭
    Hej
    I am Silvervind and play on PC/EU.

I really enjoy decorating houses and to see other players houses. Sometimes i spend the hole day in the weekends decorating a house, running around buying stuff from the vendors, guild stores and craft the stuff i need.
    I am in two good housing guild that both have housing tours and players that say in guild chat that they finished a house and wants to show it spontaneously and it is really fun to go and see :smiley:

I have decorated a couple of houses that some exist on Tamriel Homes website, but other than that i have begun filming and putting them up on youtube for others to see, enjoy and get inspiration from :smile: it is also a good way to save a house how it looked if i want to redecorate it at some point :smile: My favorite houses is my Enchanted Snow Globe Home, Exorcised Coven Cottage and redecorated Earthtear Cavern.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ4nl4QM0-NhXe-Da_KsIDw

https://tamrielhomes.com/post/180723006236/silvervinds-stay-moist-mansion-player
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/178822202366/flowering-hideout-player-silvervind-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/178764508226/hidden-gardens-player-silvervind-house
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, fellow endgamers, since home decorating is the true endgame of ESO. B)

Who are you, what name or nickname you like to be called in the community?

I am a male, hitting the age of 40 soon. I have been using the nickname Watchdog on the Internet and in real life communities alike for over 20 years.

Where are you from and what platform do you play on?

I come from the Czech Republic (European Union) and I play on the PC EU server, although I keep an alt on the PC NA server since the Summerfall event, just in case any similar event ever happens again, so that I can again contribute to the communty's efforts on both servers.

What do you spend your time on when it comes to housing?

That is difficult to say. Probably making enough gold to get all the plans and items I want? Then decorating, and then trying to get the lighting and angle just right for that perfect screenshot.

How many homes you have decorated?

Three fully done.

Velothi Reverie home redecorated in Clockwork City style.

The latest version of the home:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5900097/#Comment_5900097

Saint Delyn Penthouse, redecorated as the home of a Khajiit Fighters Guild veteran.

30 slots challenge post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6212034/#Comment_6212034

Golden Gryphon Garret, redecorated as a Psijic Mage's study.

30 slots challenge post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6261510/#Comment_6261510

Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? Share a link

Nope. My cameraman skill line is not levelled up enough, I am afraid.

Whats your creation that you are most proud of? (maybe even share a pic)

My Velothi Reverie:
    thHH9fn.png

What do you like about housing? (we have plenty threads about what we want to improve)

The plenty of styles and unique items to give the homes more flavour - coming from achievements, master plans, luxury vendors and sometimes even Crown Store. I also like to create little stories about the houses and the characters there, mine and NPC's alike.
    Edited by Watchdog on September 29, 2019 10:10PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    I'm @Alexsae, and my nickname is Alex. I play with my husband and a small group of friends who came over with us from EQII.

I'm from California, and we play on the PC/NA server. I spend quite a bit of time decorating but also traveling around and enjoying other people's homes. So far, I've decorated 4 houses, but I have several waiting for some attention.

The home I'm most proud of is my Colossal Aldmeri Grotto. I've redone it several times, and I feel like I've finally been able to include everything I need...living space, crafting, garden, and practice areas. It's a painful item count, but I'm still really happy with the result.

skd7n2181fub.jpg

My favorite part of housing is the attention to detail. Sometimes when the marine layer comes in at the Grotto, I find myself boggling at how real it all feels. <3
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m @KrainorBlackthorne my DDA guildies call me Krainz, lol. I’m PC/NA and from New York City. I have a lot of homes in which I combine to for a growing town in a valley just across the wall and into Colovian Estates. I love working on my homes especially with the https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html#info
    addon which really allows you to customize your homes. Here’s a pic of my Linchal , it’s a old pic it’s way better now with more effects. The 4 dark sections are actually my vineyards.
    v43fvxrumvg7.png

Edited by Krainor1974 on March 20, 2019 3:57AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m @KrainorBlackthorne my DDA guildies call me Krainz, lol. I’m PC/NA and from New York City. I have a lot of homes in which I combine to for a growing town in a valley just across the wall and into Colovian Estates. I love working on my homes especially with the https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html#info
    addon which really allows you to customize your homes. Here’s a pic of my Linchal , it’s a old pic it’s way better now with more effects. The 4 dark sections are actually my vineyards.
    v43fvxrumvg7.png

Wow @Krainor1974 that is great use of EHT. Looks like you could transform this home into a farmstead, which I haven't previously considered.
    Thanks for sharing
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please allow me to introduce myself...
    I'm Incognitius, also known as @Peaceruler on PC-EU, but call me Peace.

I love housing in ESO! <3 It's my biggest passion in this game. When a quarterly patch comes out, the things I look for are new houses and new furnishing items. Everything else comes secondary.

This is why I've joined the Tamriel Homes guild, and am happy to be a member among so many creative people who inspire me. It's a wonderful guild with guided tours, contests and out-of-the-blue invitations of people who have just finished their houses and want to give a tour.

Next to furnishing houses, I also run DLC dungeons with friends, and do crafting writs. These last two fund my insatiable appetite for houses. I started with creating houses for my (then) 8 characters in their own racial style. Then I maxed out character slots to have more characters to create houses for. Now, I've moved on to making themed houses or redecorating existing houses.
    Currently, I own 31 houses, 30 fully decorated, and one a work in progress. So I'm always short on gold. :) Though most houses I own are small or medium houses. I have few large or notable ones.

I'm good at making houses look pretty, but I'm not the most creative of decorators. I especially struggle with empty plots, creating something interestingly new out of ordinary objects, and with letting go of my "making a pretty home" comfort zone. The more houses I furnish, the more they start to look alike. ;)
    I've been trying my hand on two more "evil" themed homes, but it's a work in progress. ^^"

These are a few of my pretty houses, showcased on the Tamriel Houses website:

https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179512030956/wardens-retreat-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179511740806/mephalas-shrine-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/179999391841/not-so-humblemud-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/181298916821/temple-of-dibella-player-peaceruler-house
    https://tamrielhomes.com/post/183163215166/alana-telvannis-tel-galen-player-peaceruler

These are my darker themed houses:

Erstwhile Sanctuary
    mRpmzIx.jpg
    6T2JL3M.jpg
    HVTLWGA.jpg

Hunter's Glade
    7kdtxAz.jpg
    KjAKGjH.jpg
    z5gjEUF.jpg
    ITSidU6.jpg
    m63H9Wr.jpg

Cold Harbour Estate ~ Under Construction
    OVq277f.jpg

Nice to meet you all, and I hope more people will contribute to this thread.

Ah @Incognitius all this time on forums I never knew you were Peaceruler! I'm also in Tamriel Homes Guild.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone !

I'm Mysanne and I'm French.
    I play on PC/EU.
    I love housing since it began.

I spend 50 % of my play time on decorating houses and 20 other percent to earn money to buy furnitures !

How many homes have you decorated? About 30 houses

Do you have some homes up on YouTube etc.? No but I'd like to.

Here are some of my houses.

The first that I did : Autumn's Gate
    190321091843842400.png

The Monastery
    190321091035335869.png
    190321091119395782.png
    190321091156124152.png

The thieves' lair
    190321091900140351.png

At the witch's
    190321091331740804.png
    190321091422444708.png
    190321091535526489.png
    190321091555297339.png

Doctor's visit
    190321091658915070.png

The bloody workshop
    190321091258984090.png

At the winemaker (I'm French !!! :blush: )
    190321091720930786.png

I think exactly the same thing!
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Great initiative! My game name is @CantFixIt, my main character is Fixed-It.

I have two entirely finished houses so far - both Argonian as it is my passion - in centre Shadowfen and the Murkmire mansion. I am currently working on the Snow Globe house, telling the story of a Mage kept captive in there and gone mad trying to escape and break the glass.

I spend a lot of time being creative and adding many little details to tell stories.

I own about 20 houses and am spending an increasing amount of time decorating and visiting other players houses.
    If someone can recommend a PC-EU housing guild I could join, it'd be swell!
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v43fvxrumvg7.png

Wow @Krainor1974 that is great use of EHT. Looks like you could transform this home into a farmstead, which I haven't previously considered.
    Thanks for sharing

That pic is like 3 months old it’s a whole other level now along with all my other homes.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah @Incognitius all this time on forums I never knew you were Peaceruler! I'm also in Tamriel Homes Guild.

^^"
    At the start of playing ESO I mainly lurked on the forum or posted a complaint about a bug or something. So I chose a forum name that looked nothing like my @name, as I didn't think a connection needed to be made.

Then came housing, and I started posting a lot more. :D

Mysanne wrote: »

How many homes have you decorated? About 30 houses

Phew, I'm not the only one. ;-) Happy to see people from new and old housing guilds I was a member of. :D

• MaisonNaevius
    MaisonNaevius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Habitually, 100% vanilla. Every imperial (nibenese and second Empire style) style houses.

Private Arena of Elinhir

Home
    bhqgegodq94x.jpg

Private rooms
    jaw8jazhl4he.jpg

Staff only zone
    070dx36rkg7t.jpg
    pywbjl67oud0.jpg

Arena
    b2x6j1cy2ldm.jpg
    yywmzgnkw9vk.jpg
    snfr43mfhox0.jpg

Private lodge
    9yihwjnva7bd.jpg
    nnx3rifl2nms.jpg

Backstage (for public breaks)
    0fxj172not9g.jpg
    hbqswd7heolg.jpg

Terrace
    f248vqufsvpo.jpg
    57yxa20zv84x.jpg
    kw4zhkxjwcvr.jpg
    Edited by MaisonNaevius on April 28, 2019 7:48PM
    > Wiki spécialisé sur Cyrodiil / en cour de rédaction <
    https://tescyrodiipedia.blogspot.com/

> Cyrodiil de l'Info <
    https://cyrodiildelinfo.blogspot.com/

- Naevius-
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm giving this thread a bump because I notice a lot of new names in the housing forums.
    Please join in and share some info about yourself in the context of housing.
    Help us to all get to know each other better and showcase the our community
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    Heya, I am @Feendish898 in game. I'm a long-time lurker. I have 17 finished builds, a few more that are in the midst of being re-worked, and a few that have plans but nothing concrete finished. I play on PC NA.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Forsaken Stronghold:
    oassoy797zrj.png

The Ample Domicile:
    1nq71g1ctr3o.png

The Goronir Estate:
    cnotd74h68i4.png

Grymhearth's Woe:
    01l3i7gz1qpg.png

Moon-Sugar Meadow (current primary):
    ocy380hlbytn.png