Maintenance for the week of October 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 26
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 28, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 28, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
The Markarth DLC and Update 28 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Tracking Daily Writ Reward Drop Rates & Refining Rates

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spreadsheet has been updated for the last time for Harrowstorm. Will reset and continue to track with Greymoor launching tomorrow!!!
    Raid Leader - Nightfighters - Healer - Raiding Rainbow

I do writs. Lots and lots of writs. I share the data.
    Thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459690/tracking-daily-writ-reward-drop-rates-refining-rates
    Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI

Main Character
    Elearium - Argonian Templar - EP - Dawnbringer - Tick-Tock Tormenter - Gryphon Heart - Immortal Redeemer - Extinguisher of Flames - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR41 - 42.4k+ Achievement Points
    (True Genius - Bane of Thorns - No Rest for the Wicked - In Defiance of Death - Defanged the Devourer - Nature's Wrath - Depth's Defiler - Leave No Bone Unbroken)

Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 143,151
    vMoL - 154,324
    vHoF - 217,849 (TTT)
    vAS - 113,052 (IR)
    vCR - 128,377 (GH)
    vSS - 176,542
    vKA - 225,167 (KW)
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 71,573
    vMA - 563,660
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Spreadsheet has been updated for the last time for Harrowstorm. Will reset and continue to track with Greymoor launching tomorrow!!!

Your efforts are appreciated! It's honestly great information, and I know I have browsed through all the data pretty extensively. Excellent work!

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With today being the last day of the Greymoor patch, and Stonethorn launching tomorrow on PC. Last data has been entered and will restart tracking tomorrow.

No real significant changes or anything unexpected happening this patch, outside of perhaps a small bump in Chromium Grain drops that I'll keep an eye on.

Thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459690/tracking-daily-writ-reward-drop-rates-refining-rates
    Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI

Main Character
    Elearium - Argonian Templar - EP - Dawnbringer - Tick-Tock Tormenter - Gryphon Heart - Immortal Redeemer - Extinguisher of Flames - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR41 - 42.4k+ Achievement Points
    (True Genius - Bane of Thorns - No Rest for the Wicked - In Defiance of Death - Defanged the Devourer - Nature's Wrath - Depth's Defiler - Leave No Bone Unbroken)

Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 143,151
    vMoL - 154,324
    vHoF - 217,849 (TTT)
    vAS - 113,052 (IR)
    vCR - 128,377 (GH)
    vSS - 176,542
    vKA - 225,167 (KW)
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 71,573
    vMA - 563,660
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @friimynd

Top tier gear writs produce Master Writs and a better chance of Gold Tempers
    Different levels of Provisioning Writs produce different levels of Recipes, which still sell
    Alchemy is something i run either at Tier 4 so I need less expensive Reagents or Top Tier to get Master Writs
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the undated info.

Automation is such a beautiful thing. Wish I could just do 18 characters in 90 minutes on console much less 36. Takes me twice that amount of time if I do them. It takes 148 lots to just pre-craft for 6 days not counting food or alchemy. So, pre-crafting does not work for me. Hoping the new console will have help with loading screens greatly to help level the playing field some between pc’s ease of use with add-ons and console slo-mo.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the last tier there are only 3 foods and 3 drinks for provisioning and 4 potions and 4 poisons for alchemy, which is a total of 14 slots because they stack 100 and 200/1000 respectively. That's one of the reasons I have standardized at maximum tier.
    Beta tester since February 2014, playing ESO-TU since October 2015
    vMA | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1

PC-EU CP 2000+
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    The Alchemist's Emporium: Friend
    Traders of the Covenant

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 38 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before Greymoor
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 18 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 18 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 18 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 18 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 18 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 18 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 18 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 18 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 18 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 18 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 18 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 700+
    Member of:
    Savage Blade

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 21 |
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    At the last tier there are only 3 foods and 3 drinks for provisioning and 4 potions and 4 poisons for alchemy, which is a total of 14 slots because they stack 100 and 200/1000 respectively. That's one of the reasons I have standardized at maximum tier.

you can keep the ingredients in the bank and save space on each alt character; even if you have the subscriber craft storage it still makes more sense to free up the space on the characters, just craft daily instead; takes like 5 seconds with the addons
    or are you trying to save those 5 seconds?

i can see no other reason; that must be it, to save 5 seconds you craft 100 items in advance
    i suppose then you don't need the bank storage
    what about enchanting? same difference

i suppose it is worth the extra effort to save those 5 seconds (or more) later on; i'll give it a try

i prefer to not sub because it leaves me free to not play and not feel as though i am wasting money if i don't play
    it is a psychological ploy, these games are really very deep into psychological triggers for playing more and spending money
    it's a whole industry, a profession, though i do not know the title one would have for the job, psychological trigger engineer, lol

i'd say the crafting thing is a huge joke and waste of time; it gives people a sense of accomplishment; i kind of like that you can unlock colors by completing crafting achievements; nice colors; i feel superior showing them off to others who do not have them, lol
    anyway
    basically bottom line just max tier, set it and forget it
    full deletion in progress, perhaps try again sometime as a non-crafter (prefer non-sub)

Decided on DarkElf Warden, going for 'balanced' play, magi=stam

wound up doing crafting again, and pretty much nothing else, except for sometimes daily randoms
    it's "fun", good game, crafting research is to the point of days so kind of nice to not craft, just horsey click

oh, and there is no 'balanced' magi=stam build for this game, lol; just not effective, it's one or the other

Pretty much just doing the minimum login and click horsey, maybe research, possibly writs, sometimes randoms.
    Waiting for next 'event'. Two green reindeer berries. Two more feathers. I have a nice green aura to pop when riding it.
    Should be cute.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    friimynd wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »

you can keep the ingredients in the bank and save space on each alt character; even if you have the subscriber craft storage it still makes more sense to free up the space on the characters, just craft daily instead; takes like 5 seconds with the addons
    or are you trying to save those 5 seconds?

i can see no other reason; that must be it, to save 5 seconds you craft 100 items in advance
    i suppose then you don't need the bank storage
    what about enchanting? same difference

i suppose it is worth the extra effort to save those 5 seconds (or more) later on; i'll give it a try

i prefer to not sub because it leaves me free to not play and not feel as though i am wasting money if i don't play
    it is a psychological ploy, these games are really very deep into psychological triggers for playing more and spending money
    it's a whole industry, a profession, though i do not know the title one would have for the job, psychological trigger engineer, lol

i'd say the crafting thing is a huge joke and waste of time; it gives people a sense of accomplishment; i kind of like that you can unlock colors by completing crafting achievements; nice colors; i feel superior showing them off to others who do not have them, lol
    anyway
    basically bottom line just max tier, set it and forget it

Well the reason I do it is that I don't invest in multiplication passives on alts, especially for provisioning. I just craft 100-200 in bulk on my main and the addon takes from bank. It saves on ingredients since instead of 1 portion I make 4 when I craft.
    Beta tester since February 2014, playing ESO-TU since October 2015
    vMA | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1

PC-EU CP 2000+
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    The Alchemist's Emporium: Friend
    Traders of the Covenant

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 38 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before Greymoor
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 18 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 18 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 18 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 18 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 18 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 18 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 18 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 18 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 18 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 18 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 18 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 700+
    Member of:
    Savage Blade

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 21 |
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    oh so you don't have to use the item you crafted with a specific character, just any of YOUR characters?
    that is much better, as i was seeing each character having to carry around a bunch of crafted stuff
    full deletion in progress, perhaps try again sometime as a non-crafter (prefer non-sub)

Decided on DarkElf Warden, going for 'balanced' play, magi=stam

wound up doing crafting again, and pretty much nothing else, except for sometimes daily randoms
    it's "fun", good game, crafting research is to the point of days so kind of nice to not craft, just horsey click

oh, and there is no 'balanced' magi=stam build for this game, lol; just not effective, it's one or the other

Pretty much just doing the minimum login and click horsey, maybe research, possibly writs, sometimes randoms.
    Waiting for next 'event'. Two green reindeer berries. Two more feathers. I have a nice green aura to pop when riding it.
    Should be cute.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    friimynd wrote: »
    oh so you don't have to use the item you crafted with a specific character, just any of YOUR characters?
    that is much better, as i was seeing each character having to carry around a bunch of crafted stuff

Only for Alchemy and Provisioning does that work (since items crafted by different characters can stack.

For enchanting, and the equipment crafts, the character who has the writ has to be the one to craft.

Main Character

Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 143,151
    vMoL - 154,324
    vHoF - 217,849 (TTT)
    vAS - 113,052 (IR)
    vCR - 128,377 (GH)
    vSS - 176,542
    vKA - 225,167 (KW)
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 71,573