Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Wild Werewolf and Vampire bites

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And, which I think is great, when you see people trying to sell there werewolf or vamp bites these days, often you'll get a few people saying "screw that bloke I'll bite you for free".

• Malthazar
    Malthazar
    ✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    I got infected by a vampire by accident about 2 years ago. Still haven't done the quest so I'm not actually a vampire. Don't have an interest in it.

But yes you can get bitten in the wild. I cannot remember where this happened but I think it was in a DC zone.

if you start to quest, can't you choose to be cured or to become a vampire? at least as werewolf i had this option
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm werewolf bites on the wild. Got one totally by accident once, but they do exist
  • Leocaran
    Leocaran
    ✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    From what ive understand, werevolves have 3 weeks and vampires have 1 week spawn in one month. My experience was 3 weeks in a row, only Werewolves spawned.
    Oh, yes, that sounds true: when I was trying to find them, I've seen WWs about 6 times and vamps about once or twice only. It's very hard to find vamps. =(
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Gythral wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    I got infected by a vampire by accident about 2 years ago. Still haven't done the quest so I'm not actually a vampire. Don't have an interest in it.

But yes you can get bitten in the wild. I cannot remember where this happened but I think it was in a DC zone.

Eh, probably Glenumbra, that's where I see all the werewolves. I don't mess with them.

Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper's March & only some in these zones, everything else has been vaccinated

I've never seen werewolves in those zones.

Werewolves and bloodspawns show up in the same places, but at different times. The last zone of the factions is where the vampire and werewolf shrines are; that's where the spawns show up.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @Sylvermynx Pots? What good will those do you? One hit is enough to infect you (even through shields). But don't worry, this won't immediately turn you as you get a quest first that you need to do to complete your transformation and gain the skill line along with the effects. You can also cure yourself at the mages guild in those zones for around 500 gold.

unless they've changed the cost; it isn't that much. This works the same for werewolf with ONE EXCEPTION: there is a glitch that sometimes happens, where the Sanies Lupinus disease effect doesn't go away when you do the quest for Hircine in the portal. An npc named Thoreki will forever be around, and keep trying to send you back to do the quest you already did. You can go to the priest and ask to be cured, and and get a choice of curing the Sanies Lupinus, or Lycanthropy. CAREFULLY choose to be cured of the Sanies Lupinus, but NOT Lycanthropy if you want to stay a werewolf. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Prelate_Sabinus
    I was attacked by a vampire. I fear I may become one of them.
    (Unknown alternate dialogue) "You have no doubt sinned greatly due to your affliction, but fear not. Arkay's grace can purify you, if you truly desire forgiveness.\n\nConsidering the weight of your sin, I must ask for a donation to the temple before I can purify you."
    "Those wretched creatures slink in the darkness, cowering from the light of Arkay. Fear not, with Arkay's grace I can purify you.
    All I ask is a simple donation to the temple."

Here is an offering. Please begin. (Pay 69 gold)

"Blessings upon you, child.
    Now, let Arkay's light burn the curse from your blood."

I won't pay for your cure.
    (?)
    He will then begin levitating and perform a spell, causing you to kneel on the ground and your vision to become slightly blurry. You must then speak to him again:

"Arkay protect you, my child."
    Am I cured?
    "Yes. The blood-curse is gone from you.
    Terrible dangers, such as werewolves and vampires, crawl in the darkness. Should you fall victim to their infection, know I will lift the evil with the light of Arkay.
    Edited by JKorr on February 15, 2019 2:37PM
  • Chriagon
    Chriagon
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't want a vampire bite from another player let alone the crown store, so if often visited Bangkorai around midnight. Twice I have seen werewolfs and vampires. If you are a higher level character you have to be careful not to kill them, just let them bite you and then run away, so they can bite other players too.

I think roleplaying-wise its much cooler this way, and Bangkorai is a beautiful place, especially at night. I cured my character though, because being a vampire is boring. People are asking ZOS to change that since forever, but they couldn't even be bothered to fix the tattoo bleaching bug.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received werewolf and vampire on a number of alts through NPCs. The spawns aren't that reliable, but there are a few exact locations in Bangkori and The Rift that spawn them that I know of.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. This was on PC. A friend and I decided we wanted our first vampire, and werewolf characters to be bitten from wild creatures, cause it felt more immersive/real, if that makes sense. I remember us both spending some time googling to find out how to do it, spawn locations and times, and getting some addon that showed the actual in game time. And many hours spent roaming around specific locations.
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    In the Rift.... on the new moon the bloodfiends spawn and can infect you with vampirsm..... thats the way we figured out how to become an original vampire just after launch..... My nightblade is an original bloodline vampire... infected almost 5 years ago... by the bloodfiends...... before there was a crown store..... we used to sell the vampire bites (once we unlocked them) for thousands of gold..... oh... those were the days.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    BlueViolet wrote: »
    I got bitten by a random PC Vampire once at a shrine which was funny, but the majority of my PC's have been bitten in the wild. They only spawn in each factions end zones, as noted.

At launch, if I recall correctly, Bloodfiends would spawn on a new moon, and Werewolves on a full moon, as mentioned above. However, there were people who would lurk in the spawn zones and kill the spawns so that no one could get a bite, and then stand there and scream "WW / Vamp bite, 50k !! " so I believe Zeni changed the spawn times after that, so I read.
    I've heard that guilds were doing that, however, I never ever saw people camping the spots killing mobs in the early days. I think that was just a rumor as well, or at least exaggerated.

Could have been caused by idiots like myself? Early in the game I was just randomly killing things as we are wont to do and all of a sudden the zone chat came alive calling me all kinds of bad names. I didn't know there was anything special about the NPCs and I also didn't know that the players standing around were waiting for others to show up so they could get the bite. Fun times!
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got bitten by a random PC Vampire once at a shrine which was funny, but the majority of my PC's have been bitten in the wild. They only spawn in each factions end zones, as noted.

At launch, if I recall correctly, Bloodfiends would spawn on a new moon, and Werewolves on a full moon, as mentioned above. However, there were people who would lurk in the spawn zones and kill the spawns so that no one could get a bite, and then stand there and scream "WW / Vamp bite, 50k !! " so I believe Zeni changed the spawn times after that, so I read.
    I've heard that guilds were doing that, however, I never ever saw people camping the spots killing mobs in the early days. I think that was just a rumor as well, or at least exaggerated.

I actually remember actually reading a lot of people saying that in the early days there were guilds that would camp out the spawn locations to kill them off so they could charge people for bites. I know when I first came to ESO there was still a fair few people charging for bites not sure if the camping out spawn locations was still going on I wasn't even certain where they spawned. Though one thing I've noticed these days there seems to be more willing to give out free bites
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    The legends are true! My main has been a vampire for almost 5 years, and I can tell you from personal experience, he was not bit by a player. One night in the Rift, stumbled upon a gaggle of bloodfiends. After their undead bodies lay inanimate on the forrest floor, only then did I realize I had been bit in the scuffle...this was May 2014
    "How DARE you betray me, Tharn!
    Your suffering shall be LEGENDRY!"
    --The King of Worms
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I actually remember actually reading a lot of people saying that in the early days there were guilds that would camp out the spawn locations to kill them off so they could charge people for bites. I know when I first came to ESO there was still a fair few people charging for bites not sure if the camping out spawn locations was still going on I wasn't even certain where they spawned. Though one thing I've noticed these days there seems to be more willing to give out free bites
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181129/vampire-werewolf-extortion-the-growing-problem

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/73874/something-needs-to-be-done-about-werewolf-vampire-extortion

It happened.

• BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I have received werewolf and vampire on a number of alts through NPCs. The spawns aren't that reliable, but there are a few exact locations in Bangkori and The Rift that spawn them that I know of.

What is the exact location though?
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many spawn locations around Riften. One is just behind the guild traders and another is by a cave just past Frostmoon plantation. Getting bit in the wild is very possible it just takes patience.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's been some exaggeration over the years on this subject, but it was something that happened. So was the players who would pick off the spawns intentionally, and then claim they were, "roleplaying." Which, fine, whatever. That those players were actually associated with the ones selling bites is something I was never able to confirm.

When the spawns became more random, (instead of on a fixed schedule), the bite campers dropped off quickly, and the vampire/werewolf populations exploded.

Used to be, if you weren't associated with the campers, there was a whole etiquette to finding wild spawns, where people would PM each other, rather than announcing the locations in zone. If you did tell zone where the mobs were up, you'd see someone swoop in within about a minute to wax them.

So, yes, it happened. It was also a long time ago.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's been some exaggeration over the years on this subject, but it was something that happened. So was the players who would pick off the spawns intentionally, and then claim they were, "roleplaying." Which, fine, whatever. That those players were actually associated with the ones selling bites is something I was never able to confirm.

When the spawns became more random, (instead of on a fixed schedule), the bite campers dropped off quickly, and the vampire/werewolf populations exploded.

Used to be, if you weren't associated with the campers, there was a whole etiquette to finding wild spawns, where people would PM each other, rather than announcing the locations in zone. If you did tell zone where the mobs were up, you'd see someone swoop in within about a minute to wax them.

Interesting. I got lucky getting my first Werewolf bite free from a stranger when people tried selling them for 20k
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. I got lucky getting my first Werewolf bite free from a stranger when people tried selling them for 20k

Yeah, 20k was a couple months after the stuff I'm discribing. At launch bites were running around +40k. After the spawns were randomized, the price started dropping, and the behavior I'm discribing started falling away. So, you would have seen some of the aftermath, but the worst of it was behind you.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, 20k was a couple months after the stuff I'm discribing. At launch bites were running around +40k. After the spawns were randomized, the price started dropping, and the behavior I'm discribing started falling away. So, you would have seen some of the aftermath, but the worst of it was behind you.

I think it was @SirAndy in chat telling people in zone they could pay 20k to bite him waaaay back during launch. It was hilarious.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both only appear every few days I can confirm I helped a friend get wild turns. It much easier to get it from a player just ask in zone most people will give it for free.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was @SirAndy in chat telling people in zone they could pay 20k to bite him waaaay back during launch. It was hilarious.

Thanks for the flashback, i had completely forgotten about that ...
    w00t.gif

Edited by SirAndy on February 19, 2019 4:48AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, 11:27 pm est in the Rift, not a full moon, I’m looking at a werewolf spawn. Confirmed Sanies Lupinius..

Pc/na @max_only in game
    this is from feb 25 2019
    Edited by max_only on May 17, 2019 4:17PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Codeman1976

Don’t know if you’re on
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the wolves despawned at exactly 12, the sun came up in the game.

For the Rift, you travel to Riften and Thoreki is standing in front of Captain Viveka’s House near the Riften wayshrine.
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    @max_only thank you for the heads up. Sorry it took so long to respond.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild werewolves in the Rift right now 1:44 am est pc/na
    Not a full moon btw.
    this is from May 16 2019
    Edited by max_only on May 17, 2019 4:17PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    There is an urban legend about werewolfs spawning on ingame full moons and vampires on new moons which is once every few out of game days or so each.
    There is the Sanguine Goat pet that has glowing red eyes when vampires that can infect you spawn. Also the spawns only happen in Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper's March.

I can confirm the vampires exist as I encountered them and got an infection on accident on one of my characters that I didn't want to get vampirism on.

I can confirm the vampire NPC in Bangkorai as well as I have several NPC bitten vamps. I think I might have one NPC bitten WW.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does happen. My Templar found himself infected by a wild werewolf at one point (I didn't even know it had happened). When I went to get the same treatment from a wild vampire, I didn't see one in nearly 6 months of searching for several hours every day.

It's unfortunate they made it this way. I suspect it's meant to force us to buy it from the store, but I find most often you can get a bite for free by hanging around the shrines.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [PS4] [NA] Is it possible to get Sanies Lupinus or Sanguinare Vampiris from an enemy NPC? I remember reading somewhere about this being true, but I haven’t actually tried to find out. I know I can ask a player or pay for one or the other from the crown store, but for role play purposes I would like to know if this can be done. I don’t want to be chasing something that doesn’t exist.

Just go to the shrine and someone will bite you for free. A nice tip is usually customary. Good luck :)

They're both really easy to get from other players, so be sure to pass the favor on.