Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wild Werewolf and Vampire bites

Codeman1976
Codeman1976
✭✭✭
[PS4] [NA] Is it possible to get Sanies Lupinus or Sanguinare Vampiris from an enemy NPC? I remember reading somewhere about this being true, but I haven’t actually tried to find out. I know I can ask a player or pay for one or the other from the crown store, but for role play purposes I would like to know if this can be done. I don’t want to be chasing something that doesn’t exist.
Edited by Codeman1976 on February 15, 2019 2:32AM
PS4 NA
Codeman1976
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I've seen things about bloodfiends for vampire spawns and some other variety for werewolves that you can get infected from though not sure when or exactly where they spawn on the map there's been a few locations listed. I've found videos of some locations have found and some maps of spawn locations but again I can't be certain when they will or if they will spawn in the exact locations shown before I've never actually ran into any myself.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an urban legend about werewolfs spawning on ingame full moons and vampires on new moons which is once every few out of game days or so each.
    There is the Sanguine Goat pet that has glowing red eyes when vampires that can infect you spawn. Also the spawns only happen in Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper's March.

I can confirm the vampires exist as I encountered them and got an infection on accident on one of my characters that I didn't want to get vampirism on.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 15, 2019 2:51AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    There is an urban legend about werewolfs spawning on ingame full moons and vampires on new moons which is once every few out of game days or so each.
    There is the Sanguine Goat pet that has glowing red eyes when vampires that can infect you spawn. Also the spawns only happen in Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper's March.

I can confirm the vampires exist as I encountered them and got an infection on accident on one of my characters that I didn't want to get vampirism on.

Now that's interesting. So.... I should keep some pots handy? As I have ZERO interest in being either a werewolf or vampire.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sylvermynx Pots? What good will those do you? One hit is enough to infect you (even through shields). But don't worry, this won't immediately turn you as you get a quest first that you need to do to complete your transformation and gain the skill line along with the effects. You can also cure yourself at the mages guild in those zones for around 500 gold.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? So there aren't cure disease pots available? I haven't played all that long, but I thought I'd seen them?

Well, seems like it's pretty rare, so guess I won't worry too much.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on February 15, 2019 3:05AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm werewolves exist. Really easy to accidentally kill them though.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got infected by a vampire by accident about 2 years ago. Still haven't done the quest so I'm not actually a vampire. Don't have an interest in it.

But yes you can get bitten in the wild. I cannot remember where this happened but I think it was in a DC zone.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In ESO you get cured from Lycanthropy or Vampirism by seeing Prelate Sabinus in the mage guild.. it costs a small amount of gold.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    I got infected by a vampire by accident about 2 years ago. Still haven't done the quest so I'm not actually a vampire. Don't have an interest in it.

But yes you can get bitten in the wild. I cannot remember where this happened but I think it was in a DC zone.

Eh, probably Glenumbra, that's where I see all the werewolves. I don't mess with them.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Eh, probably Glenumbra, that's where I see all the werewolves. I don't mess with them.

Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper's March & only some in these zones, everything else has been vaccinated
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodfiends and player Vampires infect you with Noxiphilic Sanguivoria
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper's March & only some in these zones, everything else has been vaccinated

I've never seen werewolves in those zones.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now that's interesting. So.... I should keep some pots handy? As I have ZERO interest in being either a werewolf or vampire.

Don't worry, it's a regular mob spawn, they don't wander, that can infect you. Mages guild in Rawl, way in the back is one cure location. I must say though, both skill lines give enjoyment. Back in 2014, Lycanthropy helped me kill some really hard bosses.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bangkorai is where I went to get bitten in the wild with two of my characters. I just left them sitting where I knew the right werewolves spawned (two different types and only one will infect you) and any time the moons were full I would log off my current character and onto the one I wanted bitten. If the zone has a shrine where a player can infect you it has creatures that can infect you.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Bangkorai is where I went to get bitten in the wild with two of my characters. I just left them sitting where I knew the right werewolves spawned (two different types and only one will infect you) and any time the moons were full I would log off my current character and onto the one I wanted bitten. If the zone has a shrine where a player can infect you it has creatures that can infect you.

I don't get why you would go to that amount of effort. There are guilds who have players who will bite for no gold. What's the point of "wild" bites?
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get why you would go to that amount of effort. There are guilds who have players who will bite for no gold. What's the point of "wild" bites?

As OP stated, he wants to get bitten in the wild for role playing purposes...

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No point really. But while waiting for a spawn I could run around farming so it wasn't just me waiting to be bit. I do have several friends that would be happy to give me a bite but just for fun I decided to get the bite out in the wild. I sometimes go into a house where I know people have to go as part of a quest and I waste time jumping on the bed for a while. I also like to play dead in dungeons and jump up just as another player runs by to see if they try to attack me so running around looking for a werewolf isn't much of a stretch for me.
    Edited by kargen27 on February 15, 2019 3:58AM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »

As OP stated, he wants to get bitten in the wild for role playing purposes...

RP is in one's mind....
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

Don't worry, it's a regular mob spawn, they don't wander, that can infect you. Mages guild in Rawl, way in the back is one cure location. I must say though, both skill lines give enjoyment. Back in 2014, Lycanthropy helped me kill some really hard bosses.

I don't ever play those. SO not my thing. Probably others will appreciate the info, if they come across it using search.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's possible.

No not all vampire and werewolf NPCs can infect you. Only ones in certain zones (eg. Reaper's March) and they only appear on one day of the month with the vamp and wws being 2 weeks apart.

Multiple addons include the locations of the infectious vamps and wws or you can find maps with a google search.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up getting bit by a werewolf somewhere and catching that disease a couple weeks ago. At least that's what I think happened. I don't remember any particular encounter. Some NPC lady just shows up and starts talking my ear off about Hercine and threatened me if I decided to get cured. So I went straight to the priest and got cured, these culty fanatic types are too pushy.

Only place I can think where I might've come across them was in southern Greenshade. Maybe anywhere there's werewolves would work when the moons are in the right phase? Maybe a player bit me when I was afk? I don't think I'll ever know.
    Edited by Ri_Khan on February 15, 2019 4:33AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    Only place I can think where I might've come across them was in southern Greenshade.

I don't think they're in Greenshade. Reaper's March, yes.
    Maybe anywhere there's werewolves would work when the moons are in the right phase?

Only special werewolves who spawn at the right time of the month in specific locations.
    Maybe a player bit me when I was afk?

Not unless you were afk at one of the special werewolf or vampire altars.

That's the only place where a player can bite you.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been bitten by both wild Werewolves and Vamps, but I want to warn you that they spawn super rarely. Probably once a week.
    Spawn zones: Bangkorai (this where I got both bites), Rift and Reaper's March.

It is much easier to get infected by asking people in zone chats or in case of vampires just to spot some near bankers and nicely whisper/ask them to bite you.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. Went survey hunting that sent me all over the places and when I get back to Rawl'kha, the NPC standing next to the wayshrine keep trying to send me to a quest by telling me she know what I am. Since my toon is a khajiit and I don't want him to have any identity crisis, I just left the werewolf scratch as a scratch. Maybe one day I will change my mind and let him be a dog/cat/human hybrid. Or is it tribrid?
    Edited by TempPlayer on February 15, 2019 5:41AM
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got bitten by a random PC Vampire once at a shrine which was funny, but the majority of my PC's have been bitten in the wild. They only spawn in each factions end zones, as noted.

At launch, if I recall correctly, Bloodfiends would spawn on a new moon, and Werewolves on a full moon, as mentioned above. However, there were people who would lurk in the spawn zones and kill the spawns so that no one could get a bite, and then stand there and scream "WW / Vamp bite, 50k !! " so I believe Zeni changed the spawn times after that, so I read.

EU / NA / PC
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here! ive got your info. ive searched for vamps in wild in order to get bitten for rp purposes. They ONLY spawn in Reapers march, rift and Bangkorai.

People always say full moon or blood moon but for ONE ENTIRE MONTH of searching, ive found thats not true. ive waited everyday at ingame night and look at the moon's positions. their spawn times dont relate to the moon positions unlike some people say.

From what ive understand, werevolves have 3 weeks and vampires have 1 week spawn in one month. My experience was 3 weeks in a row, only Werewolves spawned.

But be careful, people just try to kill them in order to sell bites. Which sounds dumb.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well my Stamplar picked up vampirism from some NPC’s in North West Rift a couple of weeks back. So yes it is possible.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueViolet wrote: »
    I got bitten by a random PC Vampire once at a shrine which was funny, but the majority of my PC's have been bitten in the wild. They only spawn in each factions end zones, as noted.

At launch, if I recall correctly, Bloodfiends would spawn on a new moon, and Werewolves on a full moon, as mentioned above. However, there were people who would lurk in the spawn zones and kill the spawns so that no one could get a bite, and then stand there and scream "WW / Vamp bite, 50k !! " so I believe Zeni changed the spawn times after that, so I read.
    I've heard that guilds were doing that, however, I never ever saw people camping the spots killing mobs in the early days. I think that was just a rumor as well, or at least exaggerated.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know how true this is because I got all my bites of fellow players thank you all for my bites, but if you go to the back of Riften where the dock meets the lake the water level on the steps is suppose to indicate when vampires and ware wolves are going to turn up in the wild, I think it was when the water level is on the bottom step is one set of fiends and water level on the top step is the other set

I also believe it is a 8 day cycle for them to turn up to

But again I have not verified this as I managed to get my bites it could just be urban stuff
    Edited by macsmooth on February 15, 2019 9:25AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are guides with spawn locations. They only spawn In the 3 zones already mentioned: Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper’s March.
    The “full moon” tip is not true. I had the screens on my old hd to prove it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/335399/jsyk-to-become-a-vampire-werewolf-up-to-date-info#latest
    Edited by max_only on February 15, 2019 9:39AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    I've heard that guilds were doing that, however, I never ever saw people camping the spots killing mobs in the early days. I think that was just a rumor as well, or at least exaggerated.

I don't know about whole guilds that were doing it, but I've seen groups of people in Reapers March that were doing it back then. It lessened off after the spawns became more random, but continued for a while until selling bites wasn't really profitable any more.

EU / NA / PC