The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sapiarchic Senche-Serval in Crown Store

yooqi
yooqi
✭✭✭
So this dropped out of nowhere... Pretty sure it wasn't in the showcase. Thought I'd give a heads up in case someone was waiting for it from the datamine.

09ec58fb23204462970cf0e66c9d064c.jpg

Its big ears make it look so melancholic!
unknown.png
Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
PC NA
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the cutest kitty in a long time and I will protect it with my life <3 Best February 14 gift ever!
    Edited by TiaFrye on February 14, 2019 3:39PM
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’s adorable! How much?
    Options
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    He’s adorable! How much?

2500 crowns :)
    PC NA
    Options
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    He’s adorable! How much?

It's 2500 for 4 days.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really nicely done - a different character model, a different roar (also check the way the ears move when it moves its head), the jump animation is different, and the walking gait is good - AND it's not the highest priced mount ever - good job Zeni

(Hopefully this will demonstrate that new mount types at non-astronomical prices can earn them a lot of money, everyone I know is pretty much wetting themselves over how lovely this cat is).
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, might buy one tonight. Thanks for sharing
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice price! I have lots of crowns from not playing for awhile. I will buy him.
    Options
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish i could buy him :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    Options
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that thinks it looks creepy? Walking a little too close to the uncanny valley.
    Options
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    It also has hearts on the back of it's ears <3
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks it looks creepy? Walking a little too close to the uncanny valley.

Seriously mate, just do a google image search on Serval - they are an actual medium sized cat IRL and Zeni got the look of it spot on (pun actually wasn't intended, but I will go with it now I typed it :D )

Serval04.jpg
    Edited by Epona222 on February 14, 2019 5:42PM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also has hearts on the back of it's ears <3

OMG now that I saw it, I love it even more!! Bought him right away^^

BTW, his default name is “Darling” :-)
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darnit! I've been trying to save my crowns, and had thought I'd be able to spend less this month than what I get from my monthly stipend (yes, ESO+ on XB still doles out a monthly allotment of crowns each month, even when we can sub for 3, 6, or 12 months).

Well, I'll take a look at it tonight and decide whether I really want it or not. I'd stopped worrying so much about collecting all the senche when they started making lions and the wacko ones to go in the crates.
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Seriously mate, just do a google image search on Serval - they are an actual medium sized cat IRL and Zeni got the look of it spot on (pun actually wasn't intended, but I will go with it now I typed it :D )

Serval04.jpg

Based on this picture and the ones for the in-game version above, it doesn't look like they got the sizing of the head, in proportion to the body, quite right
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the head is a little on the big side, but overall, it's gorgeous and has been bred as a mount, so...

buying it is a no-brainer for this Crazy Cat Lady!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, now I have to decide if I want the white-gold horse or this
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Serval04.jpg

Based on this picture and the ones for the in-game version above, it doesn't look like they got the sizing of the head, in proportion to the body, quite right

That is fair enough comment, but even with a bigger head they already have folks who maybe don't know much about the IRL species saying it looks too "uncanny valley", so I think a realistically small head may well have been less appealing to some folks.

Just give me the matching non-combat pet already!

Serval_ZN.jpg
    Edited by Epona222 on February 14, 2019 6:49PM

Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    !!!! Sorry work, I have to go now
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Serval04.jpg

That is fair enough comment, but even with a bigger head they already have folks who maybe don't know much about the IRL species saying it looks too "uncanny valley", so I think a realistically small head may well have been less appealing to some folks.

Just give me the matching non-combat pet already!

Serval_ZN.jpg

Aww...how cute!
    Options
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭

I had the same dilemma. The cat won though :D
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder when they will make it possible to preview the mount in action before buying it... :/
    Can somebody make video showcase of this mount please, with all movement and sounds? I met one player with it in game, he performed a little bit for me, but I would like to see it all in a video again :) What I could catch:

- this mount roars/idles very much like Lynx critters do in this game (so it's quite silent roar, more like some hissing)
    - it walks like normal senche mount model
    - it jumps like sabre cat mount model
    - when you jump/speed up, it sounds like ordinary senche mount

I like loud roars and I already have one spotted senche mount with quiet roar (did anyone notice that few weeks ago they reduced the volume of roars for all ordinary senches and some apexes?..), so I'm not buying it and can't make video showcase myself :/

Kt1a8JW.jpg

F5jSaQz.jpg
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A feline mount with a bit (the tack in its mouth) seems odd to me. Anyone else?

inb4 "just a bit" replies
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its freaking adorable. Granted I love the senche mounts, but this was is freaking adorable. I scooped it up.
    Options
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    A feline mount with a bit (the tack in its mouth) seems odd to me. Anyone else?

inb4 "just a bit" replies

Just a bit :*
    PC NA
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »

I had the same dilemma. The cat won though :D
    I have 4000-ish crowns I was saving for the horse and pony but now I gotta check out the serval mount. I haven’t logged in yet so this’ll be cool to see
    Options
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this looks to me like they put a cat picture on the wolf rig.
    not buying that.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, why is the white gold coarser 3500 (3000 with eso +) yet the pony is 1000 (750 with eso +)

And the serval mount is only 2500
    Options
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, why is the white gold coarser 3500 (3000 with eso +) yet the pony is 1000 (750 with eso +)

The pony is a pet, that's why it's the cheapest. For the price difference in mounts, maybe because the white gold coarser has those sparkling glitter effects, and that's why it's more expensive. Just speculating though.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yooqi wrote: »

The pony is a pet, that's why it's the cheapest. For the price difference in mounts, maybe because the white gold coarser has those sparkling glitter effects, and that's why it's more expensive. Just speculating though.
    I might just get the matching horse and pet and hope the serval gets released again someday
    Options
  • ccloyesb14_ESO
    ccloyesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That's.one big house cat.
    Options