The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Why no dev comments on Khajiit 4.3.3 changes?

• Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting
    Edited by Austinseph1 on February 12, 2019 5:34PM
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Well even if it isn't intended it's a nerf to anything that doesn't have a 75% crit chance self buffed. Fantastic :-/
    And the only people using the shadow in pvp are gankers. This is clearly a case of nerfing something for pvp because of some stupid reason in pve. Essentially nerfing a entire race cause a mundus maby 10% of people will use is 0.X % then another race which also has a slightly better sustain. Makes totally sense :neutral: I hope ZOS isn't crazy enough to let this go live

It was sad to see all the overreactions from altmers, it's even sadder when it comes from fellow khajiit players. It will be all fine. And khajiits are even more unique like that, because you can't get raw crit damage from sets (I mean, outside of buffs).

Khajiit will have to change how they build, that's all.

Yup. No need to worry this much.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well even if it isn't intended it's a nerf to anything that doesn't have a 75% crit chance self buffed. Fantastic :-/
    And the only people using the shadow in pvp are gankers. This is clearly a case of nerfing something for pvp because of some stupid reason in pve. Essentially nerfing a entire race cause a mundus maby 10% of people will use is 0.X % then another race which also has a slightly better sustain. Makes totally sense :neutral: I hope ZOS isn't crazy enough to let this go live

It was sad to see all the overreactions from altmers, it's even sadder when it comes from fellow khajiit players. It will be all fine. And khajiits are even more unique like that, because you can't get raw crit damage from sets (I mean, outside of buffs).

But that was one of the things that made the race interesting, now they are just like every other race building for exactly the same things, worse is that if they don't conform they will be hit harder than the other races as well.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Elwendryll , @Cloudless , no. Khajiit will be shoehorned into current AY meta on stamina, and on magicka, there's simply no good build that lets them utilize their crit damage, because magicka has lower crit on average.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elwendryll , @Cloudless , no. Khajiit will be shoehorned into current AY meta on stamina, and on magicka, there's simply no good build that lets them utilize their crit damage, because magicka has lower crit on average.

Uhm. My magicka cat has 77.5% spell critical on live right now, doesn't really strike me as low. :p
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »

Uhm. My magicka cat has 77.5% spell critical on live right now, doesn't really strike me as low. :p

Mind posting a 6mil parse with that 77.5% crit build?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when it comes from fellow khajiit players it is because most of them was not forced to run meta to be efficient and have still fun of this while not doing top damage

thank to this change these non-meta builds we can all of thel just throw to trash and delete one of last remains of diversity in builds

now literally every stam dd will have same setup, same look, same everything! the only difference will be with few class skills colour, comsetic: dk green, stamden also green, nb red, templar yellow and sorc blue - this would be the only difference between stam classes, thank you very much!
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

Mind posting a 6mil parse with that 77.5% crit build?

Thanks but no thanks, I honestly play to have fun and comparing DPS sizes on the forums sounds like anything but fun to me (emphasis on "to me", guess some people really enjoy that sort of stuff).
    I'm using Burning spellweave, Mother's sorrow, and Zaan*. Pretty basic/relatively easy-to-obtain sets for magicka builds, as far as I know. My point being: magicka builds may have a lower critical rating than stamina builds as a general rule, but it's not like these racial changes are going to make it impossible to play a magicka-based Khajiit and still successfully benefit from that extra critical damage.

*guess I should've mentioned Inner Light and the Thief stone too?
    Edited by Cloudless on February 12, 2019 7:33PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see something showing a khajiit with 77.5% magicka crit on live right now. sounds like b.s. to me.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    It seems to me that a lot of differing opinion is out there on what the Khajiit changes in 4.3.3 mean. I just think that the change was significant enough in approach to merit some comment from the devs as to why they moved the goal post on this one.
    This would be an example of where improved communication would give the community a better sense of appreciation for the objectives that the dev team are trying to effect.
    Please consider going back to the natch potes thread and adding a brief comment on these changes. It would diffuse much of the confusion arising from so many different opinions on what these changes mean for overall Khajiit dps.

They didn't and won't comment on the mostly unpopular Altmer change so I don't think they'll comment on the Khajiit change either.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see something showing a khajiit with 77.5% magicka crit on live right now. sounds like b.s. to me.

That I can provide.

xo923ux52rbu.png

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Cloudless , your crit may not strike you as low, but you wouldn't share your parse so I could judge if it strikes me as low or not. Okay. ^^ Fact is, you're nerfing yourself by having crit so high on magicka, too much stuff to sacrifice for that.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That I can provide.

xo923ux52rbu.png

dang. i stand corrected. ty.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That I can provide.

xo923ux52rbu.png

The sad part is, you’re still gonna be hit with a nerf at those numbers

That 77.5% drops down to 69.5% which is below the breakeven point of 75%

The iffy regen and health numbers are still a concern but congrats on the buff for that build
    Edited by Jhalin on February 12, 2019 9:01PM
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

That I can provide.

xo923ux52rbu.png

Uhm... Khajiit on the live server right now have +8% weapon critical, not spell critical. That number isn't going to change.
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    heYzFCB.png

That's an old live dummy parse with altmer.
    Why is around 75% crit not good?
    I think just everyone has about the same dps on magblade with a proper setup. The difference between the setups is not worth mentioning.
    I used Mothers Sorrow and Siroria for this parse.
    PTS-EU
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

That I can provide.

xo923ux52rbu.png

Uhm... Khajiit on the live server right now have +8% weapon critical, not spell critical. That number isn't going to change.

My mistake then