The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Khajiit passives started out good in patch 4.3.0, patch 4.3.3 however...

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Cloudless wrote: »
    Zos seems like they're throwing numbers around...

Really? Are you blaming them when there are loads of threads, made by players, that can be summed up with "booh friggin' hoo, my Altmer isn't the best thing ever anymore and I blame ZOS for making the damn furries overpowered so they can sell more copies of Elsweyr"?
    Given those premises, these changes were inevitable. Once again, the vocal minority does what it does best.

Oh yeah, I am blaming them. They're a company, so i expect them to be at least professional in their decisions.

If general motors would listen to every absurd claim and whine they get, we most likely would have donkey pulled cars with square wheels.

There are actual testing proving the 10% crit dmg results in less crit damage than 250 ish weapon dmg from other races, and that they could have tested before throwing this random 10% value

You do realize that the same "testing" would prove that 8% crit chance gives less dmg increase then 250ish weapon damage ? Thing is ZoS did math but You and many others didnt and preffer to come to conversation without any background knowledge or just with results from extremly unreliable "tests".

Tell me what magical mathematics they used that changed from last monday to this one, im really amused
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Are you blaming them when there are loads of threads, made by players, that can be summed up with "booh friggin' hoo, my Altmer isn't the best thing ever anymore and I blame ZOS for making the damn furries overpowered so they can sell more copies of Elsweyr"?
    Given those premises, these changes were inevitable. Once again, the vocal minority does what it does best.

Oh yeah, I am blaming them. They're a company, so i expect them to be at least professional in their decisions.

If general motors would listen to every absurd claim and whine they get, we most likely would have donkey pulled cars with square wheels.

There are actual testing proving the 10% crit dmg results in less crit damage than 250 ish weapon dmg from other races, and that they could have tested before throwing this random 10% value

You do realize that the same "testing" would prove that 8% crit chance gives less dmg increase then 250ish weapon damage ? Thing is ZoS did math but You and many others didnt and preffer to come to conversation without any background knowledge or just with results from extremly unreliable "tests".

Tell me what magical mathematics they used that changed from last monday to this one, im really amused

Tell me who actually used mathematics at all up to last monday to directly compare khajit crit chance vs orc/dunmer wep damage ? Answer is nobody. And what that means considering that difference in overall dmg between 8% crit chance and 10% crit damage is barely noticable ? People suddenly got triggered right now when in reality nothing have changed when compared to last monday. Why is that ? Because people are weak at math and do not understand context of simpliest tests. Also those "tests" You're reffering to are extremly out of context.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 12, 2019 11:59AM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Oh look, a bunch of claims made without any testing, and predicated on spurious assumptions about how combat works.

Never seen a thread like this before.

I dont need tests to see as my no needed to be meta build is getting nerfed to hell as now I have 60% crit and what I will have with this change? full 52% WOAH! WHAT A BUFF! really I would make 100% use of my new passive now sitting at 52% crit chance while not having summerset for meta gear!

yes, and 52% of your attacks now do an additional 10% damage on top of all the other crit damage buffs. Or did you willfully ignore that?
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @validifyedneb18_ESO , it's that "on top of all the other" thing that makes the bonus weak. It's additive 10% damage, and it's stacked on top of existing 80-90% bonus. Crit chance scales better.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, a bunch of claims made without any testing, and predicated on spurious assumptions about how combat works.

I dont need tests to see as my no needed to be meta build is getting nerfed to hell as now I have 60% crit and what I will have with this change? full 52% WOAH! WHAT A BUFF! really I would make 100% use of my new passive now sitting at 52% crit chance while not having summerset for meta gear!

yes, and 52% of your attacks now do an additional 10% damage on top of all the other crit damage buffs. Or did you willfully ignore that?

If they have cp (14% Crit Damage), are using NB or Temp (10% Crit Damage), then they’ve been hit with a nerf even before Major/Minor Force factors in.

(.6 * 1.74) + .4 = 1.444
    and after the change
    (.52 * 1.84) + .48 = 1.436

Now with Minor Force compare
    (.6 * 1.84) + .4 = 1.504
    vs changes
    (.52 * 1.94) + .48 = 1.488

And being so close to 50% crit means a ton of variation in dps from fight to fight. The effect of crit normalizes as you get close to 100% or on the other extreme close to 0%. Khajiit’s lack of cosistent damage buffs puts them behind Orc and Dunmer in stam dps, and puts them behind just about everything in magdps where that extra crit shined, and it wasn’t any more out of line than Altmer’s top raid parses, or Breton’s solo buffed dominance. Altmer still needs that passive reverted, and now Khajiit joins them on the “please revert this” train
    Edited by Jhalin on February 12, 2019 12:24PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

If they have cp (14% Crit Damage), are using NB or Temp (10% Crit Damage), then they’ve been hit with a nerf even before Major/Minor Force factors in.

(.6 * 1.74) + .4 = 1.444
    and after the change

(.6 * 1.84) + .4 = 1.504
    vs changes

And being so close to 50% crit means a ton of variation in dps from fight to fight. The effect of crit normalizes as you get close to 100% or on the other extreme close to 0%. Khajiit’s lack of cosistent damage buffs puts them behind Orc and Dunmer in stam dps, and puts them behind just about everything in magdps where that extra crit shined, and it wasn’t any more out of line than Altmer’s top raid parses, or Breton’s solo buffed dominance. Altmer still needs that passive reverted, and now Khajiit joins them on the “please revert this” train

Its barely a change...
    And it removed the shadow mundus issue.
    And people where complaining that Khajiit was too high on mag DPS (or dps in general).

And Altmer, as has been discussed before, is fine. Top DD and no magic regen which would make Bretons useless (as mentioned in the dev comments that everyone enjoys to ignore)
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Critical Chance can be increased by Major and Minor Prophecy and Savagery, light armor passives, medium armor passives, class passives, CP passives, and about 100 different sets in the game.

where only maybe 2 sets are worth using because rest is joke like most of any sets and forcing players even more to use these sets because of now missing crit chance on khajiit

now on live we can use other sets which we like and it is diversity between these builds which will be lost

Hunding's Rage is not worth using it? Julianos? Leviathan? Briarheart? Caluurion's? Mother Sorrow? NMG (that one is quite good)?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xvorg , how come NMG is good? Almost everyone has readily available source of Fracture. As for other sets, then yes, Julianos / Hunding's are nice beginner sets, but they can't hold a candle to those in the meta. Briarheart is technically worse than Hunding's, and only goes to front bar because unlike Hunding's, it plays nice with vMA bow. Leviathan is good in the absence of that bow, but with the bow, it's worse because set effect isn't carried over bar swaps. So yes, they're worth using when one doesn't have better gear, but we're not discussing self-imposed nerfs after all. There are only so many good sets that are also boosting crit chance.
  • dangutang
    dangutang
    ✭✭
    Totally agree about the new khajiit changes...much prefer the crit chance. I understand it amounts to a very small damage difference, which for how I play is pretty negligible. Maybe it is a slight buff in some circumstances, I just know that for my stamblade khajiit, across all his various gear setups, it is a slight nerf. Which I don't even really care about that much. What bugs me is that they weren't open about why they changed it. If the difference is so slight, why even change it at all? People seemed excited about the previous khajiit changes.
  • xMew
    xMew
    Soul Shriven
    At least now I know for sure where to put my 3 racial change tokens. My 2 khajiit and altmer. Thank you ZOS for making my life easier.
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    How about you just revert shadow mundus to its nerfed state and not remove a races identity 5 years into the game, making the none crit focused armor sets not useless in PvE?

WOW ROCKET SCIENCE
    Edited by Wolfahm on February 12, 2019 2:20PM
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xvorg , how come NMG is good?
    Solo pve, like vma StamSorc.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xvorg , how come NMG is good? Almost everyone has readily available source of Fracture. As for other sets, then yes, Julianos / Hunding's are nice beginner sets, but they can't hold a candle to those in the meta. Briarheart is technically worse than Hunding's, and only goes to front bar because unlike Hunding's, it plays nice with vMA bow. Leviathan is good in the absence of that bow, but with the bow, it's worse because set effect isn't carried over bar swaps. So yes, they're worth using when one doesn't have better gear, but we're not discussing self-imposed nerfs after all. There are only so many good sets that are also boosting crit chance.

You asked about crit dmg sets.

Regarding NMG, at least in PvP is quite useful in a ganking build. Dks also can make good use of it ignoring noxious. The fact that a set is not used by streamers don't make the set bad per se.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @vesselwiththepestle , that's a very conditional "good". And vMA is a place where there are lots of more important things than sustained damage.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Critical Chance can be increased by Major and Minor Prophecy and Savagery, light armor passives, medium armor passives, class passives, CP passives, and about 100 different sets in the game.

where only maybe 2 sets are worth using because rest is joke like most of any sets and forcing players even more to use these sets because of now missing crit chance on khajiit

now on live we can use other sets which we like and it is diversity between these builds which will be lost

Hunding's Rage is not worth using it? Julianos? Leviathan? Briarheart? Caluurion's? Mother Sorrow? NMG (that one is quite good)?

really? hunding? ofc hunding is worth but only at start...even automaton as for stamplar is much better than hunding
    leviatan? when I tried to use this I had much less dps than with hunding so nty and NMG wel..in group contenmt much useless set as main bonus of set (for 5 parts) which is the biggests is jus unusable with group with just tank
    briarheart is just similiar to hunding, only different working
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, only my 52% of my attacks where if you could se in different topisc some players was mentiong 250 spell/weapon dmg buff from race is doing more dmg in crit strike than this 10% of crit dmg buff with not to mention to this this 250 spell/weapon dmg will also boost your noncrit attacks

conclusions?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but this 8% bonus crit chance is enough to recompensante lower damage in sets setup with no need to stack for crit chance only so nicer build diversity wich will gone with this change
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

(.6 * 1.74) + .4 = 1.444
    and after the change

(.6 * 1.84) + .4 = 1.504
    vs changes

Its barely a change...
    And people where complaining that Khajiit was too high on mag DPS (or dps in general).

And Altmer, as has been discussed before, is fine. Top DD and no magic regen which would make Bretons useless (as mentioned in the dev comments that everyone enjoys to ignore)

It’s a change that eliminates previously viable build options for Khajiit that took advantage of the extra crit buffer and allowed them to edge out more raw damage or sustain instead of building purely for crit. That’s not a small change. There is no longer an option to wear something besides AY/Relequen because of the dps loss.

And mag builds? Well say goodbye to competitive Khajiit when they’re not even in top three. They pulled ahead in lucky rng fights with perfect sustain support you will not have in 99.999% of raids. Same deal with Altmer, in 99.999% of raids that don’t have those perfect sustain support uptimes, they fall behind and Breton does better anyway.

Once more parses come through, and bless their fkin souls the people who suffer through balance taunami’s every week, then we’ll know for sure, but Dunmer is almost certainly going to start pulling ahead in magdps.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit have benefited from max weapon damage sets before. They always did well on the crit side of the equation and less well on the base damage side.

In the ravager days I found it equalled AY while it was less good for other races. On the pts two weeks ago I was parsing higher with veiled heritance than AY (yes, my AY up time was fine).

For the Hundings bashers here, I’ve seen 52k parses from khajiit nb running Hundings from a player who almost exclusively plays a healer.

Not sure if this will change (i’m about to go find out), but lower chance of critting executes with higher Crit Damage will definitely make dps more variable.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe merge the 2. So it becomes something like 5% crit and 5% crit dmg and healing. Nr might need further adjusting, i wont pretend i know how much the values should be

PC EU
    PvP only
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

(.6 * 1.74) + .4 = 1.444
    and after the change

(.6 * 1.84) + .4 = 1.504
    vs changes

Its barely a change...

It’s a change that eliminates previously viable build options for Khajiit that took advantage of the extra crit buffer and allowed them to edge out more raw damage or sustain instead of building purely for crit. That’s not a small change. There is no longer an option to wear something besides AY/Relequen because of the dps loss.

And mag builds? Well say goodbye to competitive Khajiit when they’re not even in top three. They pulled ahead in lucky rng fights with perfect sustain support you will not have in 99.999% of raids. Same deal with Altmer, in 99.999% of raids that don’t have those perfect sustain support uptimes, they fall behind and Breton does better anyway.

Once more parses come through, and bless their fkin souls the people who suffer through balance taunami’s every week, then we’ll know for sure, but Dunmer is almost certainly going to start pulling ahead in magdps.

You can absolutely still use something other than AY.

This is a Khajiit stamblade with Rele/Veiled Heritance/Veli:
    PUc8Pix.png

I'm hitting almost exactly the same numbers I hit with AY, in fact. And that 55k parse wasn't even a particularly good parse; I made mistakes and let Relentless fall off at the end.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 12, 2019 10:43PM
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    70% crit in a raid will prob not scale as well in a solid group. You will be nerfing yourself now with out AY/Levi/MS in trials.

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason they removed crit chance was shadow buff. BRING BACK CRIT CHANCE. REVERT SHADOW.
    with another set up you could parse using shadow on stam and still have 82.8% crit, with similar outcome from mag with only the mundus change.. that said the over preform vs OTHER races was not much if at all and was not every time. most of the data i seen had 1 single parse out of 10 or 20 that put them 500-800 above avg of some races END OF THE WORLD lets do some sweeping changes.
    Edited by Wolfahm on February 12, 2019 10:56PM

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfahm wrote: »
    The only reason they removed crit chance was shadow buff. BRING BACK CRIT CHANCE. REVERT SHADOW.
    with another set up you could parse using shadow on stam and still have 82.8% crit, with similar outcome from mag with only the mundus change.. that said the over preform vs OTHER races was not much if at all and was not every time. most of the data i seen had 1 single parse out of 10 or 20 that put them 500-800 above avg of some races END OF THE WORLD lets do some sweeping changes.

It's not a "sweeping change." It is a minor change.

Stop overreacting.
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭

Stop overreacting.

a minor change is having to redo all of your gear sets because of 1 single stat change? riiight.

Don't comment on something you clearly don't understand when you think parsing with 70% crit on stam is a good idea in a trial environment. Every none crit is a failed racial passive and failed warhorn dmg bonus. the old racial freed khajiit from the AY stam uniform and was the only build diversity in a TRIAL setting.

I won't even talk about how it changes other none PvE trial builds.
    Edited by Wolfahm on February 12, 2019 11:12PM

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop overreacting.

To clarify a bit more, by sweeping change he means, going from not needing to spec to crit because you already had it, to needing to spec to crit even more than most to make full use of the new passive, which is the exact opposite of before.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stop overreacting.

a minor change is having to redo all of your gear sets because of 1 single stat change? riiight.

Don't comment on something you clearly don't understand when you think parsing with 70% crit on stam is a good idea in a trial environment. Every none crit is a failed racial passive and failed warhorn dmg bonus. the old racial freed khajiit from the AY stam uniform and was the only build diversity in a TRIAL setting.

lol

You don't have to "redo all of your gear sets".

The old 8% critical bonus resulted in a whopping 0.4% damage increase with 33% Major Force uptime and an astounding 0.6% damage increase with 50% Major Force uptime. Surely a gamebreaking change.

If you're running a Khajiit in raid on live right now, you're off-meta anyway, so what does it matter? Khajiit is certainly better for PvE builds on 4.3.3 than it is on live courtesy of the +max stam and improved sustain.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

Stop overreacting.

To clarify a bit more, by sweeping change he means, going from not needing to spec to crit because you already had it, to needing to spec to crit even more than most to make full use of the new passive, which is the exact opposite of before.

You.

Don't.

Need.

To.

Spec.

For.

Crit.

Is it totally optimal to do so? Maybe. But we're talking about min-maxing 1-2% DPS. There's no "need" here.

Much ado about nothing.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @LiquidPony , 1-2% dps is the difference between top (for given damage spec) races and underdog races the forthcoming patch, so yes, it's a big difference. And you know what, it's absolutely hypocritical to say "so what, khajiit is better than on live" without mentioning that most races are better than on live - it's the scale of buff that matters. If it's nothing for you personally, then save your breath, stand aside and let people fight for their 0.6%.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

Stop overreacting.

You.

Don't.

Need.

To.

Spec.

For.

Crit.

Is it totally optimal to do so? Maybe. But we're talking about min-maxing 1-2% DPS. There's no "need" here.

Much ado about nothing.

You're going to have a hard time explaining that the crit chance -> crit hit damage relationship is completely different yet still as important as base damage -> crit hit damage relationship. Not that it can't be done, but because most of the posts here lend to the fact most don't even care to understand it.

Really a losing battle.

Give in to the beast. Build more crit.