The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you run any items that are Invigorating trait?

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Are any of your items you keep Invigorating trait?
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!

Do you run any items that are Invigorating trait? 192 votes

No, Invigorating is not good for my build.
13%
SorianaSolarikenvailjohn_ESOTurelusAlienSlofczarbeckamayGarishmoleculeNikkiyXDark_One13RaddlemanNumber7RoyajiLadislaoGolneboKalik_GoldIlithyaniaLifemockerDosuuloxygen_thief 25 votes
No, Invigorating is straight garbage!
54%
jediodyn_ESOInklingsJimmykypranb14_ESOKalikiGigasaxnoob in denialAgallochmertustaLoralai_907dem0n1kleeuxPerwulfEdaphonStreegaHidesFromSunolsborgDraxysfeyiiFlaminir 105 votes
No, but I would try it.
1%
Ri_KhanSydneyGreyStarlock 3 votes
Yes, but only because I need to transmute that piece!
8%
NestorKelPsyonicoOhhgrizyyymocapmunster1404FakeFoxHippie4927NeyaneFiktiusDawnsongMrsinister2LeocaranMupoyeeypolloxer 16 votes
Yes, I like what it offers me stat wise.
3%
MicalleftunepunkDojohodaMondiniZonasArchSiohwenoehtmacsmooth 7 votes
Yes, because I’m too lazy to farm a better set piece.
1%
Alex_LexKram8ionFrancisCrawford 3 votes
Invigorating pieces are automatically decon fodder.
13%
MalnutritionCiovalaniawrathb16_ESOSheezabeastManicDeedtsharplesxxthir13enxxMayraelListerJMCBlackbird_VInarreSpiderKnightcyberjanetmax_onlyaaisoahoJiKamamikemaconKarmanorwayMinyassaShawn_PT 25 votes
What is Invigorating?
3%
phairdonAlgraxaccfeelingDaedric_NB_187Datthawkarekizjainiadral 7 votes
I just run whatever, man....don’t care about traits.
0%
Smitch_59 1 vote
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    Garbage 🚮🚮🚮
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really hard to find a build invigorating will be good on. Number-wise it is not that far from divines with a regen mundus. It is just really rare to have a build that requires all three recoveries at the same time. It could've been an interesting trait for PvP if showing up in PvP without impen did not work as equivalent of asking for assisted suicide.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I would try it.
    It doesn't really fit any of my characters. The issue I have with the trait is that it boosts all recovery rates when a given character would really only be interested in invigorating one or two of their attributes. What does my lightning mage care about invigorating his stamina? Pfft! And my plucky bosmer with her bows and arrows? Magicka my arse, she'd say.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Do you run any items that are Invigorating trait?"

Yes.

I run them directly to the nearest crafting station for deconstruction.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only because I need to transmute that piece!
    Sure, if I can, I transmute it. However I don't play such that I am swimming in transmute stones. So, if it's the right weight, and it completes a set, it gets worn until something else comes along.
    Edited by Nestor on January 31, 2019 10:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I like what it offers me stat wise.
    It is good to have the option to add recovery in a set piece if you need it.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prosperous was a more useful trait, that's how bad invigorating is.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    👉🏼🗑

rip decibel
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating would be an ok trait for PvP, but Impen is completely requisite. Unless you are a block build or a roller build, it's full Impen or bust. It would be nice if our characters had some base Impen so we could have a little more flexibility to run varied traits in PvP.
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Decon or sell. Curious though, what is diff in regen with all invigorating vs say divine Atronach?
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused, divines. Impenetrable.
    Are the ones I only use.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ciovala wrote: »
    Decon or sell. Curious though, what is diff in regen with all invigorating vs say divine Atronach?

Actually not that major. Gold divines with recovery mundus will give you 18 recovery per piece on a single resource. Gold invigorating is 11 recovery on all resources.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

Somebody explain to my why you would do this?

Invigorating gives 11 recovery per piece if gold. That's 77 mag/stam/hlth recovery for a full set of gold armour.

A single level 35 normal jewelry glyph gives 79 recovery.

So wearing three jewelry pieces, with one each of level 35 mag/stam/hlth recovery glyphs, gives more recovery than a full gold armour set of invigorating.

Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »

Invigorating gives 11 recovery per piece if gold. That's 77 mag/stam/hlth recovery for a full set of gold armour.

So wearing three jewelry pieces, with one each of level 35 mag/stam/hlth recovery glyphs, gives more recovery than a full gold armour set of invigorating.

All armor traits are actually pretty minor when you turn them into flat numbers. Seven gold divines is 126 WD/SD, 1064 stamina/magicka/health or 1445 penetration depending on your mundus. The same is true for other traits. 77 recovery on each resource is not that bad.
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you didn't have a poll option that best described my actual feeling on invigorating, so I had to pick the closest.
    I don't use invigorating, and I turn my nose up at it. However, I have to concede it *might* not be straight up garbage. All I know is, that to me, it SOUNDS like straight up garbage - the numbers on resource restore are soooo low that I'd rather take almost any other trait.
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you run reinforced? Or nirnhoned? Invigorating is better then want it replaced.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

All armor traits are actually pretty minor when you turn them into flat numbers. Seven gold divines is 126 WD/SD, 1064 stamina/magicka/health or 1445 penetration depending on your mundus. The same is true for other traits. 77 recovery on each resource is not that bad.

I wonder what invigorating number could it be to make it worth considering? 12? 13? 14?
    Edited by Matchimus on February 1, 2019 5:14AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phermitgb wrote: »
    you didn't have a poll option that best described my actual feeling on invigorating, so I had to pick the closest.
    I don't use invigorating, and I turn my nose up at it. However, I have to concede it *might* not be straight up garbage. All I know is, that to me, it SOUNDS like straight up garbage - the numbers on resource restore are soooo low that I'd rather take almost any other trait.

Sorry, I tried to make it as unbiased as I could.

I wish the numbers were higher too, if they were, I would experiment with it, but with other options, I simply cannot justify using a single piece of Invigorating armor :/
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matchimus wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »

I wonder what invigorating number could it be to make it worth considering? 12? 13? 14?

The numbers are fine. There just isn't a situation were you need regen for all three. Tanks use sturdy, healers and DPS use divines/infused and pvp uses inpen. There just isn't a situation where you need all three. It is a filler triat and in that case it does fine. Better then prosperous that it replaced.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do something with orc with it but couldn't get it as I wished. Hmm maybe it will have a usage with racials that are base stats instead of regain?
  • ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    I'd consider Invigorating if and only if the resource recovery applied to the style of combat that this item's weight was typically used for. For example, a light piece with invigorating trait would boost magicka recovery, a medium piece would boost stamina.

And the recovery has to be worth losing the 20% max stat that the infused armour previously had, or the 7.5% bonus to the mundus stone that the divines trait provided. So for recovery, that's 16 magicka recovery from Divines as opposed to 11 for a golded out chest piece in Invigorating.

Sure, you get health and stamina recovery, but as a magicka user those resources are of little use to me: in PVP a tiny trickle of recovery is not going to help since battles are burst damage. In PVE a tiny trickle isn't going to help since a fight is over before that 11 magicka recovery matches potions, orbs or heavy attacks. Perhaps in duels the stamina recovery might come in handy just in case the opponent misses a stun or snare (but I'm still better off focussing on burst damage to finish the fight earlier).

Then there's the issue that as soon as Invigorating is made even a tiny smidgin better than divines/infused, that will become the new "best in slot" and we'll end up complaining that divines isn't powerful enough.

Perhaps some new use for invigorating will come out one day, but while the entire game is focussed around maximising DPS that won't happen.

Having trouble with that veteran trial? Boost your DPS so you can ignore the mechanics.

Having trouble levelling? Boost your DPS so you gain XP faster.

Having trouble getting writs done? Boost your DPS so you collect materials faster (or "collect stuff that you sell for gold to then buy the materials" faster).

Having trouble getting quests done between putting kids to bed and going to bed yourself? Boost your DPS so the hack and slash parts take far less time, improving your gametime efficiency.

There's the occasional puzzle in your way to unlock the thing you need to apply DPS to. There are very few dungeons that allow you to sneak and pilfer your way through to complete quests (and the ones that do, don't provide other options for completion). You can't blade-of-woe bosses. You can't pickpocket weapons away from mobs you are supposed to kill.

If it was possible for example to sneak, pickpocket and assassinate your way through Darkshade Caverns instead of beating everything up until it stops moving, then a set of invigorating equipment might come in handy.

But for the meantime, Divines is pretty much the only trait of interest for PVE so everything else is a waste of time. Epic quality Mothers Sorrow in sturdy? Not even worth looting.

Edited by ManicDee on February 1, 2019 8:03AM
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    Prosperous was a more useful trait, that's how bad invigorating is.

I miss prosperous gold farming. Would take that any day over whatever invigorating is trying to be
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    There's literally no reason at all to use Invigorating lmao
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Perwulf
      Perwulf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Poll says it all.
      "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
    • Mayrael
      Mayrael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Simple.
      Say no to Toxic Casuals!
      I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    • Minyassa
      Minyassa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Also I still *really* resent them changing it from Prosperous. Bad form.
    • Rake
      Rake
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      its trash
    • Fischblut
      Fischblut
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I also never used Prosperous, but I wish they never replaced it with Invigorating... Nowadays I would love to have full set of Prosperous gear cause I have thousands of repair kits so additional gold from mobs would be pure profit for me :'(
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Never had interest in it.

There are far better ways to get sustain on a character.
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Peekachu99
      Peekachu99
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Would have to be at least triple the value before it becomes a.) interesting b.) mathematically competitive with other traits.