The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

completely over powered, this is totaly way too much damage.

• Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I see this too much. A few players will do a face plant into Drac or Fantasia or Animosity or Fengrush’s group and get upset. Or a group of players will fight a Heath tank and claim he’s cheating cause they can’t get the tank down in 20 seconds.

I love those health tanks! Great to build ulti on. After I'm done I usually play lute for them for their time and keep riding through.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the death recap messages! If players don't know the name of the skill/attack that killed them, then they can't complain about it on the forums! Just change the death recap msg to "Ya'll got zerged yo!" Hint: recruit more warriors for your faction or maybe do some Battlegrounds!
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

Vivecpvp_zpsjwcmz3kn.png

i just wanted to point something out about this picture above ^

i did not make that photo, and i am not talking about the person whom made this picture photo.
    note: this has NOTHING to do with the person whom took the photo.

what i am pointing out, is the fact that those 2 yellow faction characters are all alone against a big group of red players.
    and obviously they are going to die, why? because is a whole lot of Red players against just those 2 yellow players, yet what happens here on this forum every single day, is that normaly on a daily basis, 1 of those 2 yellow players is going to come to this forum and make a thread asking that what ever skill or weapon or or snipe or earthgore armor or sneak invisibility, or heavy armor, or wings, or healing, or light armnor, or sloads, or medium armor passive, or warewolf damage, or assylum weapon, or Master weapon, or ANYTHING whatsoever that was the final blow that killed them in the above picture situation above, was and is OBVIOUSLY "to them" is Overpowered and MUST BE NERFED!
    i mean they HAVE to be able to survive an entire LARGE GROUP like that or the game is COMPLETELY imbalanced and the entire staff of eso and all of the rest of us are just garbage players because we cant see and agree with them that what ever killed them in that situation above is ovepowered.
    when infact nothing was over powered, all that was over powered was that alot of the other alliance killed them and they were outnumbered was the only real thing that killed them.

i hope one day that all of this forum members and all of eso members and all the staff and developers of the entire elderscrolls online community will see this trend and realize how it has caused massive nerfs and destroyed build after build and class after class just because 1 or a few people come to this forum and make threads continuously about things that killed them that MUST BE NERFED and that this has been going on now for YEARS.

please zenimax, please make this stop happening.

I would say on the contrary. Some of those EP charters are going to die to something, and they just can't fathom how their allegedly invincible Copy Pasta Youtube Build™ actually died to anything (especially since they are in a faction stacked Zerg). This will result in whining threads about one of the skills in the death cap, or something about Templars (which REALLY disturbs the I Win Button/God Mode builds a lot).

Same as it ever was.
    Edited by Idinuse on February 1, 2019 3:02AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vivecpvp_zpsjwcmz3kn.png

i did not make that photo, and i am not talking about the person whom made this picture photo.

what i am pointing out, is the fact that those 2 yellow faction characters are all alone against a big group of red players.
    and obviously they are going to die, why? because is a whole lot of Red players against just those 2 yellow players, yet what happens here on this forum every single day, is that normaly on a daily basis, 1 of those 2 yellow players is going to come to this forum and make a thread asking that what ever skill or weapon or or snipe or earthgore armor or sneak invisibility, or heavy armor, or wings, or healing, or light armnor, or sloads, or medium armor passive, or warewolf damage, or assylum weapon, or Master weapon, or ANYTHING whatsoever that was the final blow that killed them in the above picture situation above, was and is OBVIOUSLY "to them" is Overpowered and MUST BE NERFED!
    i mean they HAVE to be able to survive an entire LARGE GROUP like that or the game is COMPLETELY imbalanced and the entire staff of eso and all of the rest of us are just garbage players because we cant see and agree with them that what ever killed them in that situation above is ovepowered.
    when infact nothing was over powered, all that was over powered was that alot of the other alliance killed them and they were outnumbered was the only real thing that killed them.

i hope one day that all of this forum members and all of eso members and all the staff and developers of the entire elderscrolls online community will see this trend and realize how it has caused massive nerfs and destroyed build after build and class after class just because 1 or a few people come to this forum and make threads continuously about things that killed them that MUST BE NERFED and that this has been going on now for YEARS.

Yikes.. You are talking about players who know nothing about the game. Anyone who is going to get zerged down in a 40 v 2, and then assume that its one particular thing that is broken, just doesnt know much about the game.. And If zos wants to listen to people who know nothing about the game then thats their problem.

But I think what you are trying to compare to is small scale players fighting broken mechanics, but theres a difference. I play solo and i dont think i should be able to survive groups like that, but i also dont think i should get killed by awful players who dont really know how to play but get carried by broken sets. You used to be able to outplay people better in this game, now its a bit different. You can still outplay people but with certain sets it makes it much harder and much less likely when there are more people...

Zos seems to have an agenda with pvp. They dont want small scale. They certainly dont want solo (and im not talking 20v1). They dont want good players. They want to put in brainless sets and mechanics so most players never get better at the game. When you dont have anything to aspire to, its a problem. It also creates this awful performance, at least on console, because people group up in massive zergs and ball groups because they are sick of getting killed by garbage.. Not everyone calls for nerfs, and not everyone wants nerfs.

And as for the sets you mentioned. Some sets will always be broken when they are newly added to the game. Sloads was broken, now its better. Earthgore was broken, now its still broken. Earthgore is a great example of the zos agenda. Make players not have to think. You used to have to watch health bars and pay attention when healing players, not anymore.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »

The real fix here is not to fix sets(although it might help the poor bomber build )....the fix here is to add anti-zerg mechanisms that work.

Forming a ball group should not guarantee players the win.

Here we go again...
    Cyro is meant to have epic battles of whole armies - having 2-3 people able to defend against 20 denies the whole point of grouping at all. See the enemy army coming? Rally own army and crush them with coordination and tactics (every zerg can be countered with enough numbers).

2-3 people definitely should die if they are facing 20 players.... But not to those 20 in the picture... Those 20 players in the picture is a weak formation, and the game should reflect that. Rushing like that through the door should be an extremely risky move,but it is not.... Because it is an ESO ball group.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. I agree
    2. This shows that AD did poor job on defense
    3. This also shows that both AD and DC did poor job on offense as well. If they were better most of these EP players would be elsewhere defending their keeps. This way, EP players that had nothing else to do at that point made huge zerg and went for single keep.
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if they cloak, they will survive, and be able to take the keep back after the zerg is gone.
    NERF CLOAK!! :D
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who came to the forum to complain about Arctic Blast (Warden)? No one did, ESO was perfectly capable of making that horrible change on their own.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is the OP is salty about the rapids nerf.

In any case, they're wrong. No one calls for nerfs on the basis of faction stacks zerging an outpost or keep. I've been the AD in that screenshot. Not at that particular moment, but it is a regular occurrence. We're just desperately going down fighting hopelessly delusional about possibly slowing down the red wave on the off chance an AD group is about to arrive.

Those aren't 1vX'er/small scale players salty because they didn't win. Spare me.
    Edited by zyk on February 1, 2019 10:57AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Vivecpvp_zpsjwcmz3kn.png

Singing by AD:

Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
    Whoopee! we're all gonna die.

:trollface:

PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FunFact: EP died in Killbox on back flag....

Not really...but easily could be the Fact...lol
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I say the same thing when I die from 30k damage from being hit aby 3 Lethal Arrows from one guy at exactly the same moment. :/
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

Vivecpvp_zpsjwcmz3kn.png

Actually its usually the other way around. Big grouos who do outnumber a group 5:1 and they get killed? Yea they are the ones asking for nerfs cause they cant do sh*t outside of a large group where they can just light/heavy attack and get their kills.
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vivecpvp_zpsjwcmz3kn.png

^^agree 100%...people kept whining about Sload's in this exact situation until they nerfed it(though an exaggeration because it was usually only 4-5 sload wearers vs one defender) and it happens with all the other calls for nerfs. The fact is...no one survives a Zerg for long(I think my record is about 20 seconds standing my ground) it doesn't matter what skill/set shows up on your death recap...its not what killed you...what killed you was being outnumbered...Cyrodiil is large scale PvP, thats just how it is...a couple of resource farmers will get zerged down pretty often...nerf everything in the game down, disable all abilities and sets and it will still happen...then it will be light attack appearing on the death recap....the death recap is just words...it doesn't mean anything
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

The real fix here is not to fix sets(although it might help the poor bomber build )....the fix here is to add anti-zerg mechanisms that work.

Here we go again...
    Cyro is meant to have epic battles of whole armies - having 2-3 people able to defend against 20 denies the whole point of grouping at all. See the enemy army coming? Rally own army and crush them with coordination and tactics (every zerg can be countered with enough numbers).

2-3 people definitely should die if they are facing 20 players.... But not to those 20 in the picture... Those 20 players in the picture is a weak formation, and the game should reflect that. Rushing like that through the door should be an extremely risky move,but it is not.... Because it is an ESO ball group.

It’s risky in non CP. Like on a level 5 keep, siege etc.

In CP, there’s no chance unless the two are a couple bombers.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop trying to destroy our xv1 playstyle
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    1. I agree
    2. This shows that AD did poor job on defense
    3. This also shows that both AD and DC did poor job on offense as well. If they were better most of these EP players would be elsewhere defending their keeps. This way, EP players that had nothing else to do at that point made huge zerg and went for single keep.

Responding to your points in the same order:

1.) I disagree, the death recap messages are useful for me because I actually use them to see what led up to my loss in the fight. Random Example: Haunting Curse, Crystal frag, execute combo killed me. Next time I should Dodge roll once or twice after haunting Curse goes off to avoid the rest of the burst rotation. Actually analyzing the recap can be used to get better, but unfortunately, in some cases, people just see that snipe hit for 15k damage and because the damage was so high that it should be nerfed...the same people fail to think "next time, when I hear the ability, I should roll Dodge to avoid the 15k damage" and fail to grow in skill as players.

2.) I can agree and disagree with you. I agree that AD should have done a better job with setting up inner defence. In most cases when the door is at 50% players should get off the walls and prepare to fight. I try every single time we are under siege and rarely am I successful.

I disagree that AD did a poor job defending the door. I know that I put up at least 6 oils and that between using them I was interrupting rezzes, interrupting siege, time stopping, and executing. There was not enough outgoing damage to make up for the healing the attackers were maintaining. With the numbers we had defending the outpost (at least 16-24) we did all we could defending the door.

3.) I agree, if there was an organized push to flank the door attackers and back end we would have been much more successful.

As for your point regarding the offense of AD some context might help. We had BRK, SEJ, ALESSIA and were attacking ARRIUS where our scroll was being held. We had to regroup and move units to SEJ so that we could maintain transit to BRK and maintain our offensive momentum into EP territory to recover our scroll. In addition to attacking ARRIUS we had groups of 12-16 attacking FARRAGUT and CHALMAN (our other scroll was being held here) to pull enemy units away from ARRIUS. This tactic did not work because DC pushed down into our territory resulting in a reroute of units from where they were needed and EP did not leave ARRIUS.

So all in all, AD was attacking it just took too long and the momentum was gone. That's why I'm not a big fan of holding outposts or even defending them when there is no plan to continue the momentum of the attack.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't agree more. I love it when tactics are used and always pm the attacker/praise my teammates for using them. Smart plays should be incentivized more than FOR THE HOARDE style that is popular with at least one guild/disorganized pug groups of EVERY FACTION.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Stop trying to destroy our xv1 playstyle

I don't mind xv1 playstyle as long as it doesn't melt servers
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I question OP's narrative as to how nerf threads proliferate.

I doubt those two poor bananas in the screenshot got hit by a Snipe, for instance--but that's probably the most-requested-to-be-nerfed skill. The valiant lone yellows probably didn't have time to think about how they would counter cloak, either, but people sure love asking for that to get nerfed.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Next time I'm 2vXing I'll be sure to remember that when badly outnumbered I should just lay down my weapons and accept defeat. Thanks for enlightening me to my mistakes OP.
  • ihazzit
    ihazzit
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to post a pic like that too, but after blotting out the names it took me 3 hours to clean the ink off my screen.

#nerfpermanentmarkers
    If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
  • forwardbias83
    forwardbias83
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should nerf everyone so people stop complaining. Replace all weapons with ones made out of foam so they do 0 damage. And turn all spells and projectiles into darts made out of foam so they do 0 damage. Turn Cyrodiil into a nerf/airsoft arena.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭

I doubt those two poor bananas in the screenshot got hit by a Snipe, for instance--but that's probably the most-requested-to-be-nerfed skill. The valiant lone yellows probably didn't have time to think about how they would counter cloak, either, but people sure love asking for that to get nerfed.

It's because OP took my picture along with his reply to said picture from a thread I started here

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456512/best-way-to-counter-winning-pvp-strategy#latest

I haven't the slightest idea why OP created a new thread and hasn't responded to the counterpoints of my argument in either threads, but I have had a good time both explaining and discussing the situation in both threads, so cheers OP
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should nerf everyone so people stop complaining. Replace all weapons with ones made out of foam so they do 0 damage. And turn all spells and projectiles into darts made out of foam so they do 0 damage. Turn Cyrodiil into a nerf/airsoft arena.

I've killed multiple players with my fists in Cyrodiil recently. There should be an achievement for that.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

Vivecpvp_zpsjwcmz3kn.png

Actually its usually the other way around. Big grouos who do outnumber a group 5:1 and they get killed? Yea they are the ones asking for nerfs cause they cant do sh*t outside of a large group where they can just light/heavy attack and get their kills.

lol right, I have seen this so many times on the forums
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the image, I was sure this was going to be a post about how 2 AD players wiped out all those EP players by ulti-bombing them. I expected a rant about how idiotic it is that two players could do this, and I was prepared to agree.

Instead the post is an anti-nerf-post post. And I also agree.

And now I've managed to confuse myself.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A non-sense post. Those yellow players won't complain that a set is OP they will complain that there are no counters to these ball groups.

The only yellow player that would complain here about sets is a bomber player who is equipped to deal with this density of red players.

He would pop detonation, would equip vicious death set, and would try to time his aoe ultimate with detonation (the only combo in the game that still can deal with these zerg groups...on paper)...but his attempt won't work as sets as earth gore will kick in and save the zerg.

That leaves us with 0 counters against such zerg groups. How not to complain?....

Isn't a cold fire balista a workable anti-zerg mechanism?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    A non-sense post. Those yellow players won't complain that a set is OP they will complain that there are no counters to these ball groups.

The only yellow player that would complain here about sets is a bomber player who is equipped to deal with this density of red players.

He would pop detonation, would equip vicious death set, and would try to time his aoe ultimate with detonation (the only combo in the game that still can deal with these zerg groups...on paper)...but his attempt won't work as sets as earth gore will kick in and save the zerg.

That leaves us with 0 counters against such zerg groups. How not to complain?....

Isn't a cold fire balista a workable anti-zerg mechanism?

Think they were nerfed when ballista damage to players were nerfed?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »

It's because OP took my picture along with his reply to said picture from a thread I started here

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456512/best-way-to-counter-winning-pvp-strategy#latest

I haven't the slightest idea why OP created a new thread and hasn't responded to the counterpoints of my argument in either threads, but I have had a good time both explaining and discussing the situation in both threads, so cheers OP

I dont know why it bothers me with the OP taking this and making a narrative out of your screenshot that wasnt there but it does. Then explaining to people who never read the rest of the thread to hear it...

I'll just go with it.