The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Housing

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
  • Specifically for the Elinhir Private Arena, what did you think of the lever-activated hazards? How responsive were these hazards, and did they feel impactful? What’s your feedback on the damage they provided and their positioning?
  • Did you like the new furnishings?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely uninterested in any of the houses. Good job releasing a Dwemer themed house, when there aren't enough Dwemer type furniture to make something cool there, and Dwemer furniture recipes still go for 2-3m each, the very, very few times they do appear on a megaserver.

I assume you count on selling loads of the furniture from the cash shop, I'll rather just pass on the house entirely.

And still nothing about the ludicrous furniture item limit.

If you're feeling uninspired, there's literally an entire housing subforum full of ideas for new furniture pieces and housing improvements that you have ignored for years now.

PS: Here are some housing pain points:

- Why is there NO adressing of the CRIPPLING item limit cap of furniture?
    - Why are up to 100 item slots stolen away and ONLY usable for undaunted trophies?
    - Why is there practically NO new houses added for gold? Whwy are there practically NO small/medium type houses added, and only overpriced Crown Store manors that no one can decorate properly within the item limit?
    - Why is there VERY little work done with the luxury furnishing vendor, with only a tiny amount of new items added to him every weekend? Why NO released plans to build upon this vendor, add more vendors or items?
    - Why is there VERY little work done on the mastercrafter system, and the recipes? We wait half a year or MORE to have a measly handful of recipes added to him?
    - Why have the community gathered lists of hundreds and hundreds of items ALREADY in game as objects, that could EASILY be turned into furniture items, and yet there has been ZERO response to these requests?
    - Why can simple PC addons enable us to to a MILLION cool and awesome things in our houses, such as setup triggering sequences, help in furniture placement and much more, and the only thing ZOS manages is to add the functionality for us to prevent guests from turning off all our lights - and that only after a YEAR or more of asking for this feature?

Edited by Carbonised on January 21, 2019 11:12PM
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Personally, I would really like an answer about why the hideous texture bug in the new Lakemire Xanmeer Manor is only happening on the live servers. On the previous final Murkmire build and the new Wrathstone PTS build, it's not there, but the live version of the house has a spot where getting close triggers a bunch of objects to turn to super low-res textures (like a PC game from 1995 kind of low-res).

Threads with pics and details here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/452115/bug-report-glaring-new-graphical-glitch-in-lake-xanmeer-manor

And here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453803/bug-lakemire-xanmeer-blurry-tower

I'd love to get the house, but not with no acknowledgment or answers, and not if it can only be viewed properly on the PTS...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dwemer house is a cool theme but the snow all over the dwemer architecture clashes with all the dwemer furniture we have and is hard to work with. Also, current dwemer furniture are too expensive to make and there isn't enough dwemer furniture and that is likely going to prevent people from buying this. Plus 400 slots for a home of this size is unappealing. Please increase the limit to 600 or 700 slots.
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 26, 2019 9:11PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a more positive note, thanks for the new mastercrafter furnishing recipes. Some of them, like the vvardenfell oven, were long, long overdue, but better late than never.

Now please add some more of the items that have already been in the game for years, as furniture items.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new houses are really interesting, but I was really shocked to discover that Frostvault had 400 items and not 600! If you compare it to other 400 item homes in the game, it is a little crazy! It is much bigger than them all and cannot be passed off as another medium home, I personally think it needs at least 600, and the items that come with the furnished version are also odd. Very traditional Nord furnishings in a very Dwemer home... They do not match at all and look strange there. I feel that the furnishings should at least be clockwork style, to suit the place.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new houses are really interesting, but I was really shocked to discover that Frostvault had 400 items and not 600! If you compare it to other 400 item homes in the game, it is a little crazy! It is much bigger than them all and cannot be passed off as another medium home, I personally think it needs at least 600, and the items that come with the furnished version are also odd. Very traditional Nord furnishings in a very Dwemer home... They do not match at all and look strange there. I feel that the furnishings should at least be clockwork style, to suit the place.

clockwork style is actually not dwemer in design (but zos went ahead and reused the assets)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

clockwork style is actually not dwemer in design (but zos went ahead and reused the assets)

That is true, but it still would have looked better than traditional Nord four poster beds haha! :lol: Those look so odd in there! And the kitchen cabinets weren't even placed well, different heights and gaps in between... I was really shocked when I saw the furnished version!

• JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
    The furnishing composition and placement for the furnished versions isn't very good. There need to be a few unique furnishings in the mix, or it's not worth it.

The 400-item limit for the Chasm is odd and difficult to work around.

Specifically for the Elinhir Private Arena, what did you think of the lever-activated hazards? How responsive were these hazards, and did they feel impactful? What’s your feedback on the damage they provided and their positioning?

First thing I did was jump in the lava, and it doesn't do a lot of damage--I could out-heal it on my DPS char, and it seems like it should hurt more.

The other traps are similarly not too much damage, but they hurt if you are getting hit by multiple at the same time, so I think the damage and positioning were okay.

Did you like the new furnishings?
    The Replica Cursed Orb of Meridia is amazing, and it's great seeing some Special Furnishings being added. The writ vendor furnishings are on par with others from previous updates--pretty good overall. Other than that, the handful of furnishings like the boar totems and barricades are pretty ***-hum.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Housing is not looking like much of a priority given what was added this coming quarter. Housing would benefit greatly from adding editor tools (taking some cues from Cardinal05), addressing item caps, and adding furnishing storage. I won't be doing much decorating myself for the foreseeable future (mostly because of the storage problem), and there are only a handful of people willing to work within the current very limiting constraints.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    "Crafting stations can now reliably be used in homes, and no longer sometimes disable themselves when you leave and re-enter your home."

TY ZoS. My test results were successful. All my stations and Mundus stones are working on platforms :D It's wonderful
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

The Arena home was interesting and I liked it's ability to be both a guild hall and dueling arena. There is even the small Imperial home within it. Though there are no doors, which is a little weird.

I was a little disappointed with the Frostvault home. I thought the design was ok. But.... it's kind of lacking. It's just an entrance, a large ramp, a large room with two smaller rooms. It would have actually been nice if there was a ramp that went all the way down to the bottom so we could furnish around the broken dwemer things down below.

• Specifically for the Elinhir Private Arena, what did you think of the lever-activated hazards? How responsive were these hazards, and did they feel impactful? What’s your feedback on the damage they provided and their positioning?

I played with the levers and they seem responsive. They will be an interesting addition to guild held tournaments. Most players may not purchase the home, but it is a really cool feature. The damage seems very right on them individually, and if you have all three going at the same time, then they really hurt.

• Did you like the new furnishings?

I liked what I saw available the new furnishings available at the Writ vendor. Though I'd like to see less of them use Chromium Plating since that is still extremely hard to come by in the game. Not unless you increase drops for it.

• Do you have any other general feedback?

- Please increase the amount of furnishings we can have in our homes by at least 100-150.
      - Please add Alinor furnishing recipes to the Writ Vendor, like the Morrowind ones were. This can happen with the release of Elsweyr.

I'll update this over the next week as I get more indepth into looking at things.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snow covering the dwemer ruins annoys me, the white clashes with the current furnishing choices. Can the snow on the buildings we build on be removed?
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 22, 2019 6:17AM
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭

Personally, I wasn't interested in either of them, but I'll still try to give some feedback.

I would say giving the house above the arena actual doors would be a nice addition. I'm a little confused, because I've always thought of Craglorn as being kind of chilly, so I feel like the house would be cold with no doors, but then there's all that lava, so maybe it's actually hot there? But either way, a house with no doors doesn't make much sense because that property is designed to have a lot of visitors coming in and out, bother literally and RP-wise, and people value their lives and belongings. I also think the furnished version has too many storage items (i.e crates and barrels) and not enough character. It's a really grand place, but the way it's decorated does nothing to show its potential.

For the Frostvault Chasm, I think it looks like a sandbox home like Coldharbour Surreal Estate or Hunter's Glade, but with only 400 item slots, it can't really be used as one, so I think it will frustrate a lot of players. The idea is cool, if not to my taste, but I think 600 slots is more reasonable.

The Meridia statue is incredible, and I really like the glowy geode enchanted lights.

The new dwarven light fixture that is meant to be suspended above the floor should display that way in the crown store preview. I previewed it before I actually saw it installed in the decorated version of Frostvault Chasm, and I thought it was a mislabeled item because the lights are flush to the floor in the preview, so you can't see them. It looks like a mislabeled platform rather than a light fixture.

If raising the item cap above 700 isn't happening any time soon, I think many players would like to see efforts to mitigate the issue with some revamped versions of current furnishings. An update with a solid focus on alleviating some of those issues would go a long way with the housing community, IMO.

I think filled versions of all the bookcases already in the game would be extremely helpful, as well as a wider variety of potted plants, including some that use pots/basins/vases/urns already in the game. Vases with flowers already in them would also be welcome. Also pre-decorated dining tables, stacked plates and bowls, small boxes filled with utensils, things like that. Basically we need things that give us the option of placing pre-made "clutter" that takes up fewer item slots.

And as many others have said, more smaller homes. I think Frostvault Chasm was an attempt at that, but the overall space when you walk in still seems huge, especially vertically, so as I said above, I think many people will want to build in that space and wind up frustrated by the inadequate item limit. I mean, compare that space with Cliffshade, which has the same amount of item slots...

If you want to make homes with lesser item limits, as many players have been asking for, you have to make the spaces smaller, too! This is basically the same issue we've been having with the enormous 700 slot homes on a smaller scale--huge space, not enough slots.

Edited by lamatadita on January 22, 2019 10:58AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be really great to see some sort of ZOS feedback on this thread. You ask us to give you feedback. We take the time and test these items, it would be good to feel that this wasn't being ignored. Housing threads very rarely see a comment from ZOS.
    Anyways;
    I liked them both. I think they both added something different and both had been asked for. Its also good to see a notable home and a medium home.

Specifically for the Elinhir Private Arena, what did you think of the lever-activated hazards? How responsive were these hazards, and did they feel impactful? What’s your feedback on the damage they provided and their positioning?
    I thought the levers were an excellent idea. The can provide a sense of life to the arena and will allow players use DPS dummies while having to focus on receiving/avoiding damage - very pleased with these.

To be honest the new furnishings were very disappointing. There are SO many threads and pages outlining what the community wants and it just seems to be ignored in favour of weird things nobody asked for. I mean, the new Dwemer machine pieces are interesting, don't get me wrong, but none if it would appear in any of the top 50 item lists of requested furniture which are all over the forums every week!

The Dwemer home wont work at 400 slots. Just simply wont! Its a super piece of design and I would love to buy this home but not a hope if it only comes at 400 slots. This home should come in the same category as Gorinir or Lake Amalya - 600 items slots for around 6000 crowns - Please reconsider this limit
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is the part 1 of 10 furnishings update ;) it is great. Keep releasing them, and you will make lots of players happy!

Please, please go and read the pages of furnishing suggestions from the community who buys your houses! 90% of the requested stuff is already in the game!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's by design, but I could not activate the levers in the housing preview mode for the Elinhir Private Arena. This is a bit of a shame because if I (or anyone else) were to purchase it on the live servers, we would like to see what the levers do before committing to the purchase.

Other than that, I did really like the concept of this house :smile:
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frostvault Chasm

Please tell me that 400 slots is just a mistake.

How can an area this huge be in the same category as a small/medium house ?

It should be a notable or large medium with 600 slots

If it remains at 400 slots you will not sell many, if any.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I just say one thing...?

*THANK YOU*

For the chiminea. I nearly cried when I saw it. I've been waiting since Morrowind for this. <333

(Will probably have more feedback on other stuff, but I'm just so damned happy.)
  • Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like to see the Magna-Geode's lighting be interactive. Great lights, but can be invasive when one wished to change the mood of a place. There usefullness is certainly decreased by the lack of 'interactive' switch to turn on and off and with it, their saleability.
  • Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    Could not use the interactive switches and braziers in the Elinhir place UNTIL I had purchased the house. Not sure if that was intended.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    On a more positive note, thanks for the new mastercrafter furnishing recipes. Some of them, like the vvardenfell oven, were long, long overdue, but better late than never.

Now please add some more of the items that have already been in the game for years, as furniture items.

Yay - Vvardenfell oven! But, I'm assuming that it's just a recipe to craft an oven that isn't functional as a crafting station?
    mrpaxman wrote: »
    "Crafting stations can now reliably be used in homes, and no longer sometimes disable themselves when you leave and re-enter your home."

TY ZoS. My test results were successful. All my stations and Mundus stones are working on platforms :D It's wonderful

Yay!!!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 22, 2019 9:53PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yay - Vvardenfell oven! But, I'm assuming that it's just a recipe to craft an oven that isn't functional as a crafting station?

Yay!!!

Yeah it's not working, they aren't going to give us a recipe for a crafting station, considering that they try and charge 2k crowns for them in the store ... Not that I really care, I have never seen the value of crafting stations in your home, when you have provisioning stations literally all over the world and in every town.

But it's nice to have it available finally (and you can toggle the fire on/off). We also get a nice teapot, which can be turned on and off, and the large snail shell thing from Murkmire, and finally the Hlaalu lamp, which can be set at 3 different colours.
    So all in all not bad when it comes to the mastercrafter recipes, which was needed, considering it's been half a year since they were updated. The rest of the house related stuff this update, however, is a large fail. Not going to get any of the new houses, and disappointed that the're no evolving or development in the housing department at all, except a continual flow of absurdly priced crown houses that never can be furnished fully anyway.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, btw, the new furnishing items from the new frost themed dungeons are very ugly and uninteresting. They look like the riekling trash the lux vendor sold this week. No one like it, no one wants it.

And no new furniture recipes from the dungeons? At least Wolfhunter had a few ...
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the pottery wheel, yet another alchemical apparatus, and Dark Elf tent.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yay!!!

Yeah it's not working, they aren't going to give us a recipe for a crafting station, considering that they try and charge 2k crowns for them in the store ... Not that I really care, I have never seen the value of crafting stations in your home, when you have provisioning stations literally all over the world and in every town.

But it's nice to have it available finally (and you can toggle the fire on/off). We also get a nice teapot, which can be turned on and off, and the large snail shell thing from Murkmire, and finally the Hlaalu lamp, which can be set at 3 different colours.
    So all in all not bad when it comes to the mastercrafter recipes, which was needed, considering it's been half a year since they were updated. The rest of the house related stuff this update, however, is a large fail. Not going to get any of the new houses, and disappointed that the're no evolving or development in the housing department at all, except a continual flow of absurdly priced crown houses that never can be furnished fully anyway.

Thanks! Yeah...I was pretty much assuming it wouldn't be functional, since it was a recipe. But, I like creating crafting areas in my home and would love to have a functioning kitchen that didn't have a campfire in it. But, I very rarely craft in my home, since the majority of my crafting is for crafting/master writs. The former basically requires you to complete them in town, since you have to pick them up there and a port to/from your home isn't worth the time. And as for master writs, the gear ones require sets, so it's off to the guild hall for those. While I'm there, I'll often complete the consumable ones, so I'll use the provisioning station there.

If I'm crafting my own gear, I'll do it at the guild hall, where the set stations are, and then I can enchant them there. So, yeah...there isn't much point in crafting stations in your home, outside of set stations.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 22, 2019 10:05PM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job on the Arena house! I am not a fan of the imperial style (however I like the nibenese style a lot) because of the silly spikes everywhere and the low res grey mossy walls, but the concept is quite interesting and fun. I also like the house next to the arena and the courtyard with the lava pool.

The dwemer house is a let down for me. I have always wanted a dwemer home, but I find this one a bit boring, aside from the fact that you can jump and die. The layout is improper for a house, it is just a part of a dungeon. At least for me, the areas do not connect as a house, they don't make feel like I want to decorate it and imagine my chars living there. Also, there are so many amazing dwemer ruins in the game which are smoothly integrated with vegetation areas, with lighting or other natural features, yet here it is just a frozen cave without much feel to it. The 400 slots limit is also a big concern. The furnished version offers some odd dwemer items and a bundle of Nord furnishings that don't really belong there.

Regarding the new furnishings, I am disappointed that the new stove is just a decoration and not a cooking station. Why add more props instead of cool items that actually do something? Also I thought the forgemaster pack has some dwemer crafting stations, like ... a forge???!.. a blacksmithing station, but at least I am happy you added the dwemer work bench lights. The amount of new items at the voucher vendor is disappointing. Why do we have an artist's palette, but not an easel? How does that work? People have been asking for more crafting station types for a long time, especially cooking stations, because the actual one for 35 vouchers is for outdoor, and we cannot fit it in an indoor setting. You added a tiny fire which is very pricey and crowns only.

But the main topic, the furnishing cap, remains unanswered, like you don't hear us at all.
    Edited by kind_hero on January 23, 2019 10:57AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Lord_Mirto

I have tried on PTS and it seems that there is a set amount of memory allocated per house. By removing high detailed / animated items I can get to the max allotted furnishings. But if I leave the " Nice Stuff " out and in the house I run out of the allotted space of memory before I reach the item cap. How ever, this is the PTS server and there is no indication that this will happen on the live server.
  • harby46
    harby46
    ✭✭
    Things for our future of decorating our homes is not looking good. Nothing has been mentioned by ESO about this, BUT, Warning, watch out for what may be coming. In PTS at the Chateau which is full at 700 furniture slots, I remove 3 items to see how 3 different items would look, so I removed the items to place the 3 new items, HOWEVER even though I now have 3 empty slots available I can't fill them as I have reach the Chateau's memory allocations. It said to alleviate the memory problem to remove more items which I did as after all I was only in PTS. Now I have empty 10 furniture slots I am unable to place any items in as I have reached the memory allocations for the Chateau. When we get the new dungeons or the new DLC and this is part of that, BE CAREFUL about what you remove from you homes, you may not be able to put anything back in its place nor will you be able to replace the items you removed.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Love both homes, especially that Frostvaul chasm is medium sized! THANK YOU!!! I know those who want to build a massive Dwemer enclave will gripe, but I'm glad I dont' have to farm Dwemer frame forever to fill the place! Forge Lord's furishing pack is AWESOME. Meridia's statue? AWESOME. Arena house is nice, and I would like it for testing builds, but depends on the price. For gold? Definitely. For crowns? mmmmmm probably not.

Furnishing related note: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the new legendary furniture recipes at Rollis Hlaalu!!! Abosutely wonderful. Would be better if the Dunmer Chiminea was a provisioning station *HINT HINT* but love it all the same.

Speaking of furniture recipes... PLEASE *please please please puppy dog eyes and a cherry on top* update the Furnishers Documents! I don't have time to endlessly grind for CWC, Murkmire, Alinor, Dwemer, Ayleid and Elsweyr purples! Nor do I have enough gold to buy them at PC/NA rates of 200K and up. PLEASE put these in furnisher documents! I will not buy craftable furniture from the Crown Store! Crown Store is for things we *can't* make in game. BTW, that's not a hint to completely remove furnishing recipes from game. PLEASE Housing IS endgame for me. It's like my fun is being held hostage because I'm not a whale.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 23, 2019 3:15PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    harby46 wrote: »
    Things for our future of decorating our homes is not looking good. Nothing has been mentioned by ESO about this, BUT, Warning, watch out for what may be coming. In PTS at the Chateau which is full at 700 furniture slots, I remove 3 items to see how 3 different items would look, so I removed the items to place the 3 new items, HOWEVER even though I now have 3 empty slots available I can't fill them as I have reach the Chateau's memory allocations. It said to alleviate the memory problem to remove more items which I did as after all I was only in PTS. Now I have empty 10 furniture slots I am unable to place any items in as I have reached the memory allocations for the Chateau. When we get the new dungeons or the new DLC and this is part of that, BE CAREFUL about what you remove from you homes, you may not be able to put anything back in its place nor will you be able to replace the items you removed.

it will be interesting to see if this bug makes it to live!!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed a few areas in Frostvault Chasm today, where my characters feet sunk under the ground. I shall post a screenshot in a mo!