Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug] Lakemire Xanmeer blurry tower

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
I have found a bug in my brand new Xanmeer!

It is rather hard to describe accurately in text so I decided to post here rather than /bug.

On one side of the Xanmeer is a fortified wall with 3 towers, the last tower on it has a rendering issue.

Standing in the second tower the third tower renders in normal detail.
3dih6yB.png

But if you walk towards the third tower it becomes all blurry. (standing any closer than this results in a blurry tower)
c8fzkVg.png

It does seem like there is a "goldilocks" range where the tower renders as it should and being too close or too far you get a blurry mess.

Screenshots from the side of the Xanmeer - blurry
aUdC9t8.png

Screenshots from the side of the Xanmeer a bit farther away - detail visible
ik85q3Y.png

Edited by Mix on January 17, 2019 10:54PM
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Myself and multiple other players reported this at least 10 days ago and so far they have said and done nothing. :(

There's basically a narrow invisible band running across the whole housing zone, and when you get within a few steps of it, both sets of stairs from the entry level to the second level, part of the front of the Xanmeer, and this one little building here all switch to ultra low-res textures.

It also doesn't occur on the PTS, which is currently an older version of the game than live.

Multiple people in my guilds and on YouTube have reported it, and today a couple of people in my guild finally told me it's not happening for them. One of them plays on a Mac, and the other has an AMD graphics card, whereas I have an nVidia, so we're wondering if that's the key. Although considering that it doesn't happen on the PTS, it would seem that it's still tied to some kind of change that the devs made.

P.S. I recommend still doing an in-game bug report. One of the CS reps told me that the best way is to take a screenshot of the issue, then fill out the report and make sure to check the box to add a screenshot. It will then add the last screenshot you took to the bug report when you hit submit.
    Edited by lamatadita on January 18, 2019 9:08AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh! i didn't know it included the last one you took, I thought it took one where you were standing and always wondered if it was taking the picture in the right direction
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Oh! i didn't know it included the last one you took, I thought it took one where you were standing and always wondered if it was taking the picture in the right direction

I thought the same thing! Unfortunately, it was the only useful thing the CS rep said. I couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge the low-res texture issue in a response, lol.
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    So I just checked this house out on the PTS again, because they've updated the build and added the new DLC there. And guess what? It's still not happening on the PTS, even with an updated build. (It also didn't occur on the previous final Murkmire build that was on the PTS until today's update.)

Now I'm not sure if this means that there's some particular reason why it doesn't happen on the PTS, and it just never will happen there, or if it means that this bug will be fixed by the time Wrathstone comes out, but could someone please take a look at this issue and give us some kind of answer as to why this is happening and whether or not it can be fixed on the live server?

I would actually really like to purchase this house, but I don't feel comfortable doing that with no answers about this issue, which is occurring for many PC players.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom