The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

MagDK is going to be hit hard

• kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK isnt underperforming, its in the best spot since Homestead. The only reasonable nerf would be to change the tooltip of killers blade, since everyone compares Mag DK to Stam NB. Which is stupid. NB is overperforming, thats the issue.

Edit: I was salty about the changes to dunmer aswell, but it could be way worse lol. And yea i said it, nerf NB's please. :wink:
    Edited by kiLLahweSPe on January 18, 2019 4:54PM
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK isnt underperforming, its in the best spot since Homestead. The only reasonable nerf would be to change the tooltip of killers blade, since everyone compares Mag DK to Stam NB. Which is stupid. NB is overperforming, thats the issue.

Edit: I was salty about the changes to dunmer aswell, but it could be way worse lol. And yea i said it, nerf NB's please. :wink:

I'm not sure what the Stamina Nightblade has to do with the Magicka Dragon Knight.
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

I'm not sure what the Stamina Nightblade has to do with the Magicka Dragon Knight.

Then tell me please in what regard Mag DK is underperforming. This notion comes only up if you compare them to Stam NB since the DK is the strongest magicka spec atm and reasonable strong compared to almost every stam spec.
    Edited by kiLLahweSPe on January 18, 2019 5:07PM
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you are in the wrong thread dude.
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭

Iam just triggered by the inflational use of the word "underperforming" since its not true. And while we're at it, the changes to Dunmer arent even that bad, since it never really was 7% more flame damage cause the way this stuff gets calculated. If this goes live as it is its most likely a damage increase on Dunmer Mag DK.
    PC EU

Pathfinders

• kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    7rv9hZc.jpg
    PC EU

Pathfinders

• kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difference between Dunmer and Altmer is so small, you wont even notice it.
    PC EU

Pathfinders

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Iam just triggered by the inflational use of the word "underperforming" since its not true. And while we're at it, the changes to Dunmer arent even that bad, since it never really was 7% more flame damage cause the way this stuff gets calculated. If this goes live as it is its most likely a damage increase on Dunmer Mag DK.

K, the special bus definitely dropped you off in the wrong thread.

Edit: I will say, we only know the paper, yet to see in practice. However, I have no idea where those stats are coming from that you posted, I have seen a different set that shows a substantial nerf. A video I posted earlier.
    Edited by richo262 on January 18, 2019 5:19PM
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭

K, the special bus definitely dropped you off in the wrong thread.

M'kay
    PC EU

Pathfinders

• kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU

Pathfinders

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post, I see nothing said about the benefits of being a Dunmer, and everyone that is a Dunmer, especially Dunmer mDK, wanting to change their race.

Even if in practice (not paper) if the Dunmer could pull a DPS close to an Altmer / Kitteh mDK in a trial environment with group buffs, which it won't, it has no sustain to keep up its sub par DPS for as long as either of those races. It will hit less, and for a shorter duration.
    Edited by richo262 on January 18, 2019 5:30PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then tell me please in what regard Mag DK is underperforming. This notion comes only up if you compare them to Stam NB since the DK is the strongest magicka spec atm and reasonable strong compared to almost every stam spec.

Uh, its... not?
    Its equal to magplar ranged. Below Magblade ranged and slightly above Magden and Magsorc, both also ranged. For PvP, maybe? But it depends on what you are doing. Magplar and Magden are both better group builds, Magblade and Magsorc have better mobility/escape. MagDK has better control and can dab on two classes with wings.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK, already underperforming is now going to take a further hit with the racials.

The most common race, for obvious reasons was the Dunmer. The Dunmer was required, with the extra Flame damage, in order to make the MagDK hit at a reasonable level.

I actually enjoyed playing as MagDK, there is something very satisfying in whipping your enemy across the face with a flaming whip. May not have hit has hard as others, but it was still enjoyable.

If MagDK gets a buff, then all Dunmer MagDK's will just become Altmer MagDK's.

There needs to be some for of buff to MagDK due to it already underperforming and the Dunmers role in that build.

What was once a pretty balanced debate between Altmer / Dunmer as BIS for mag has gone, the winner is clearly Altmer by a mile, for essentially all MagDPS now. Breton has an honorable mention, but Dunmer is out of the race. Dunmer can now Stam but has no sustain, so it falls short to Redguard.

It's a pity, I have just finished leveling my Dunmer MagDK, I am building one of each race, so I don't want a 2nd Altmer (I have an Altmer Sorc). Dunmer just seems lost now, the perfect synergy between Dunmer and the underperforming MagDK is gone.

Dunmer being the MagDK race is WHY the changes are being made.

I like choose a race by lore and appearance, NOT because I have to for passives. I like the changes and welcome them on my Stamina Dunmer.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »

Dunmer being the MagDK race is WHY the changes are being made.

I like choose a race by lore and appearance, NOT because I have to for passives. I like the changes and welcome them on my Stamina Dunmer.

Source on the claim re intentional ruination of the mDK?

Great, an RP'er that doesn't care about the passives, but simultaneously is happy about the passives. I'm sure your contribution on subjects you openly do not care about always lights up the room.
    Edited by richo262 on January 18, 2019 6:15PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tawniey wrote: »
    The most common race, for obvious reasons was the Dunmer. The Dunmer was required, with the extra Flame damage, in order to make the MagDK hit at a reasonable level.
    If MagDK gets a buff, then all Dunmer MagDK's will just become Altmer MagDK's.
    What was once a pretty balanced debate between Altmer / Dunmer as BIS for mag has gone, the winner is clearly Altmer by a mile, for essentially all MagDPS now.
    Dunmer just seems lost now, the perfect synergy between Dunmer and the underperforming MagDK is gone.

On today's episode of "Why You're Over-Reacting to the Racial Changes":

The new spell damage buff outperforms the old 7% flame damage buff.

Look, I play a Dunmer magdk. I play two of them, actually. Full on Sun and Burning Spellweave and Skoria, all that jazz. Right now, people are fear-mongering because they don't understand the math behind the %->flat changes and what it means for their build. They're scared because they see classes with build diversity potential in their passives and think the new intended racial meta is a nonviable hybrid build. It's just not the case.

Since you like Flame Lash so much, take a look at these two skill tooltips:
    df2082cfc4.png

514995718a.png

I won't ask you to guess which is showing the old and which is showing the new dunmer passives, because you'd likely get it wrong. Instead I'll just repeat myself: The new passive outperforms the old one.

It’s a buff! These folks are nuts. DW Destro with my playstyle everything will hit harder including every light attack I weave inbetween whips. Can’t wait!
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff? Joking.

Even if, on the PTS this goes from paper to practice and the DPS loss is not as severe as I think it is, the sustain problem is going to be the next reason I'd change race.

Who knows, I might be wrong on that, maybe ZOS will revise Dunmer. I won't be changing race as soon as I get the token, I'll experiment with it, and probably just shelve my mDK, keeping onto the race change until I'm convinced ZOS has abandoned mDK as a class and/or Dunmer as any form of top end magicka pve dps.

Edit: I'd probably end up turning my Kitteh Stamblade into a Dunmer and my mDK into a Kitteh. That'd require 2 race changes though, and 2 name changes... yay.
    Edited by richo262 on January 18, 2019 10:52PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buff? Joking.

Even if, on the PTS this goes from paper to practice and the DPS loss is not as severe as I think it is, the sustain problem is going to be the next reason I'd change race.

Who knows, I might be wrong on that, maybe ZOS will revise Dunmer. I won't be changing race as soon as I get the token, I'll experiment with it, and probably just shelve my mDK, keeping onto the race change until I'm convinced ZOS has abandoned mDK as a class and/or Dunmer as any form of top end magicka pve dps.

Edit: I'd probably end up turning my Kitteh Stamblade into a Dunmer and my mDK into a Kitteh. That'd require 2 race changes though, and 2 name changes... yay.

I’m talking PvP.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this should be a Dunmer mag DK thread, not just mag DK......*whistles*
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@kiLLahweSPe

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453551/upcoming-racial-balance-changes-for-update-21#latest

Look at post #1161 by Masel92 in response to my post. He agrees that there is a disparity between Dunmer and Altmer. That post was made after the initial post you linked.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only Argonian Mag DK`s because of the superior healing and stats restore, oh wait...
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about we wait for it to hit the PTS and test it hm??
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    I have only Argonian Mag DK`s because of the superior healing and stats restore, oh wait...

Having a lizard be a dragon is thematic anyway. It could turn two cosmetic negatives into a positive. That said, I've never tested the theory with an Argonian DK of my own.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, root-spamming, wing-flapping MagDKs are most certainly NOT "underperforming"...

Next!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO ALTMER OR GO CRY !
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer are not supposed to be single class race,

Fire damage is mostly benefiting Mag DK only, race should not favour class.

Change is good and ZOS should never roll back.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer are not supposed to be single class race,

Fire damage is mostly benefiting Mag DK only, race should not favour class.

Change is good and ZOS should never roll back.

High Elf
    Increases Experience gain in Destruction Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Generic Experience gain → No changes
    Spellcharge: 9% Magicka Recovery → Spell Recharge: Restore 575 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.

DK channeled abilities = 0. Sorcerer channeled abilities = 4... x2 for their morphs, of course.

There's no way, of course, that Altmer's passives could possibly have favored Sorcerer... right?

Give Dunmer a small bonus to fire damage if you're going to favor Altmer toward Sorcerers and Bretons toward Templars.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Vecro
    Vecro
    ✭✭
    stamDK since launch...even stuck with it after they took away my fire breath, and replaced it with vomiting acid. MagDK's will survive, don't worry.

You people need to get up off it. There are those of use who like DK for its skills and don't care for all of its graphics. The green animations provide that much more freedom to those of us who don't care for fire or the color red.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know what class balance changes will look like. Maybe mag DK will get a flame damage increase from a class passive or even a base damage boost.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a lore thing as well. Altmer Dragon Knights, just wrong.
    PC EU
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know what class balance changes will look like. Maybe mag DK will get a flame damage increase from a class passive or even a base damage boost.

While that would be nice, that may have PVP consequence, and does not really address the once great synergy Dunmer had with mDK that made the mDK worthwhile. :(