The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MagDK is going to be hit hard

• madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    #DunmerFireMatters
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorcerers are the real losers, actually. Again.

See the DK noobs here. HAHAHA. THey lost nothing still noob cry babies crying in forums.
    ROFL. No one playing is playing magic sorc. Thats why no one is complaining in forums. If you calculate numbers you will lost around nearly 8K magicka its very huge nerf.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer are still getting 258 spell damage, which, according to my sources, make up for that 7%.
    The only difference is that Dunmer are not required anymore to be successful as MagDK. Altmer should work just as fine after that. I get that some people are missing the unique flavor that Dunmer brought to the table, and I would personally trade the 600health for a bonus to fire any day but people are making it seem like Mag DK will become the next Mag Warden after the changes hit live.

In my book, that change is a buff to Dunmer (everything aside from Mag DK) and Mag DK stays as is.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Dunmer are still getting 258 spell damage, which, according to my sources, make up for that 7%.
    The only difference is that Dunmer are not required anymore to be successful as MagDK. Altmer should work just as fine after that. I get that some people are missing the unique flavor that Dunmer brought to the table, and I would personally trade the 600health for a bonus to fire any day but people are making it seem like Mag DK will become the next Mag Warden after the changes hit live.

In my book, that change is a buff to Dunmer (everything aside from Mag DK) and Mag DK stays as is.

Hybrid DKs are going to get a lot stronger and even more OP.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wanted to go out with one last hit to the Magdk,

It's still going to outperform magden.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 19, 2019 7:37PM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree that the change may result in a similar output, however, the loss of mag will likely effect the DPS too, it is the output minus sustain that has really good me raising an eyebrow. I think the DPS will be less, and sustain much less.

I think a passive like Flame Enchants have a +X% increase would be interesting. Seeing Stam DPS with flame enchanted weapons.

The Dunmer just seems lost now, and as such, for PvE, the mDK will likely be shelved.
    Edited by richo262 on January 19, 2019 7:38PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

I do agree that the change may result in a similar output, however, the loss of mag will likely effect the DPS too, it is the output minus sustain that has really good me raising an eyebrow. I think the DPS will be less, and sustain much less.

I think a passive like Flame Enchants have a +X% increase would be interesting. Seeing Stam DPS with flame enchanted weapons.

The Dunmer just seems lost now, and as such, for PvE, the mDK will likely be shelved.

I’d still run a dunmer MagDk over a high elf. DW and block casting. I’ll take the weapon damage and extra stam. Even though swords hit for nothing light attacking still had it's purpose (procs glyphs, builds ulti +5% on all damage just for HOLDING 2 swords) and blockcasting in a pinch is all you need sometimes to stay alive.

I weave a light attack after every whip. The two skills which land the most killing blows for me are flame lash, followed by light attack. DW passives help there (poor me no execute lol). Folks STILL dead.

MagDk requires a lot of skill to do what it does. At endgame it’s the littlest, the SMALLEST things which can make all the difference. I’m talking PvP. (I don’t run MagDk for serious PvE stuff). PvP is more combos as opposed to rotation. In PvP there’s lulls at times in which sustain just isn’t the issue it is in PvE.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on January 19, 2019 9:20PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer are not supposed to be single class race,

Fire damage is mostly benefiting Mag DK only, race should not favour class.

Change is good and ZOS should never roll back.

High Elf
    Increases Experience gain in Destruction Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Generic Experience gain → No changes
    Spellcharge: 9% Magicka Recovery → Spell Recharge: Restore 575 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.

DK channeled abilities = 0. Sorcerer channeled abilities = 4... x2 for their morphs, of course.

There's no way, of course, that Altmer's passives could possibly have favored Sorcerer... right?

Give Dunmer a small bonus to fire damage if you're going to favor Altmer toward Sorcerers and Bretons toward Templars.

Dunmer passives suck compared to altmet but its hardly biased towards sorcs. All those abilities are not meant to be casted often. Its better for templars and maybe even necro who knows.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a lore thing as well. Altmer Dragon Knights, just wrong.

-hugs my altmer DK-

giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "MagDK, already underperforming", lol okay.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK is currently one of the best PVP classes... It's just alot of people don't realise that untill they will meet decent one...

Dunmer will be still great as magDK, but not sadly not meta. Not because of flame bonus removal <actually you will have more damage due to extra 258 spell damage>, but because Altmer will outperform everything else on magicka toons because he has both - damage, pool and sustain... I feel like Dunmer should get more stamina and magicka, while health buff is completly unnecessary.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »
    richo262 wrote: »
    PathwayM wrote: »
    Dunmer was required? LOL k

Yes. LOL k

Unless of course you wanted to 7% below the other MagDK's, which was already far below all other classes.

7% of a 9k whip tooltip is 630 damage. I'd trade 7% for the argonian passives any day lol.

Plus, high elves got 4% to flame damage, so 3% of 9k is only 270 damage. We also don't know what the end result will be when launched. Things can be tweaked to be more in line within the races. It seems like they want people to be able to choose races based on what they like, and not just what is best. At very least, it seems like they want more options.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll be fine. Maybe work in flame damage extras to the DK passives so you can still be Dark Elf but it won't be required. Personally I am mostly happy with the changes
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlike a lot of the chuckle heads in this thread I actually waited and went on the PTS to check things out. The extra spell damage does NOT make up for the lost flame damage bonus. If you play a Dunmer mDK you will lose damage across the board.
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."