The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Emperor Weapon coming to Cyrodiil

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GUILD TRADER TEXT SEARCH IS THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oops wrong thread
    Edited by weedgenius on January 15, 2019 11:16PM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More tools for "elite" tryhards, griefers and ego-boosters to troll casuals and newbies with...
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all i want for pvp is a lag fix
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks I will stick to bgs. If I wanted fortnite style looter game I would play fortnite.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 15, 2019 11:23PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great. Guild zergraids are now going to be all powerful. Thank you ZOS. As a member of an outnumbered faction... thank you. I will be uninstalling the game once this weapon thing goes live.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Great. Guild zergraids are now going to be all powerful. Thank you ZOS. As a member of an outnumbered faction... thank you. I will be uninstalling the game once this weapon thing goes live.

It will be scary lol. But you don't have to fight around the weapon area if you don't want to.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

They just said they're working on it.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

They said that in 2014, 2015, 2016, etc. Should we believe them now?
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost missed that part of the stream. They summarized that in 15s??????... "uuh.. it is hard fix.... eta... maybe about 6-8m months..."

That pretty much translates to same as now.. nothing is fixed...
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said that in 2014, 2015, 2016, etc. Should we believe them now?

I know but they just acknowledged it during the steam lol, that's huge.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »

It will be scary lol. But you don't have to fight around the weapon area if you don't want to.

You missed my point. When a zerg raid (24 players in a radius of 1m spamming rapids, purge, ultis, proxy set) goes on a rampage against outnumbered faction, it's a keep after keep after keep. Now imagine one of those players now has an all-powerful weapon that kills in a seconds breaks walls and gates. Population imbalance is the biggest gripe of PvP. This is only gonna make that problem worse.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭

You missed my point. When a zerg raid (24 players in a radius of 1m spamming rapids, purge, ultis, proxy set) goes on a rampage against outnumbered faction, it's a keep after keep after keep. Now imagine one of those players now has an all-powerful weapon that kills in a seconds breaks walls and gates. Population imbalance is the biggest gripe of PvP. This is only gonna make that problem worse.

Yeah Cyrodiil will be a zerg fest for sure.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the new emperor weapon but turning IC into its own campaign is awesome.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    I don't like the new emperor weapon but turning IC into its own campaign is awesome.

Yes I love this one the most. Always been a fan of IC in general.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems like the Emperor can pick up the Emperor Weapon. Overpowered lol

- Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah Cyrodiil will be a zerg fest for sure.

And water will be wet.... Cyrodill already is a zergfest.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (U can get into keeps and destroy players with the weapon).

Can't wait for someone to abuse this and steel a scroll
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭

Everyone is going to abuse the new weapon. sounds fun.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭

Lag fix would be great too. let's see
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like pure cheese to me, but to each their own.
    forever stuck in combat
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    Sounds like pure cheese to me, but to each their own.

Why u think so?
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor weapon is an extremely poor wording as they are in fact artifacts of the daedric princes and have their own unique skill sets and bonuses. And by no means they are restricted to emperors or sth.
    Edited by themaddaedra on January 16, 2019 12:34AM
    PC|EU
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is they used word "Cyrodill will get some love"... But what kind of love is that ?
    Imho this is the last thing PvP in this game needs as those "artefacts" will be used 100% of time by Destro-ulti-farming ball groups / trains. Last thing Cyrodiil needed was to buff those groups... :(

There's no fun that won't be soaked by ball groups. You just can't add anything by looking at it that way. Their very existence is the problem here and there's not much to do about it. Apart from going somewhere else when you see a ball group.
    PC|EU
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is they used word "Cyrodill will get some love"... But what kind of love is that ?
    Imho this is the last thing PvP in this game needs as those "artefacts" will be used 100% of time by Destro-ulti-farming ball groups / trains. Last thing Cyrodiil needed was to buff those groups... :(

There's no fun that won't be soaked by ball groups. You just can't add anything by looking at it that way. Their very existence is the problem here and there's not much to do about it. Apart from going somewhere else when you see a ball group.

Yeah let's see how it plays out.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well from what I'm getting at what I'm thinking is, well each weapon will do something differant, and I don't think they will be active all the time. So like a random spawn, and it could be anywhere. They mentioned it like some form of counter mechanic for emperior they also said they won't say if it can be used by the emperor or not as that is for players to find out. The artifact can only go so long, kinda like the chaos ball, I think. means they would need to have someone constantly healing them. So there is a downfall to it. I'm guessing they might prevent an emperior from using it just because of the issues that would cause. If this first artifact works out they will release others. AN interesting note is these artifacts are coming from SHeogoraths Vault. So it wouldn't surpise me if Sheogorath announces it from his voice. Hopefully they can get wes johnson to voice him.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a generally terrible idea lmao. Remember how BGs went with the power sigil?
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Possible, and I'm sure it'll happen, but it'll be difficult.

I'd guess they are going to treat those weapons much like scrolls where their location is always on the map, even when picked up.

And they never mentioned it, at least that I saw, but what happens when someone holding that weapon is killed? Does the weapon go away or could someone else then pick it up? My guess is they'll be on the board for X number of minutes, so if their wielder dies, another player can grab it.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    It's not an emperor weapon. It will give you buffs comparable to those of an emperor.

Exactly. These will be the Daedric artifacts that have been an important part of other TES games. Volendrung will be the first.
    This, as an noob solo player any zerg will kill you. Now with an good siege train and an stack of healers you create emperors.
    This one would not pick it up.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll sit in a 24 man team on the other side of the map and while everyone's chasing the McGuffin we'll be stealing your keeps.

30/30 siege weapons go.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And you were worried about another proc set. I want some of the skooma the devs are smoking, lol. :*

Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 16, 2019 1:41AM