The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Emperor Weapon coming to Cyrodiil

reguvin
reguvin
✭✭✭✭
They are bringing a Emperor Weapon to Cyrodiil with the new Update.

When you pick-up the weapon u can use 5 abilities and 1 ultimate. (U can get into keeps and destroy players with the weapon).

The Weapon can be picked up by every player on the map. When the weapon drops it's location will be announced and people can rush to pick it up.

If you don't kill a player the weapon kills your health and you die.

Your health will be buffed when you hold the weapon.

They are planning to add more weapons in the future.

- Beta Tester
- PC (2014-2015)
- Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the better things I am looking forward! And the changes to IC.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    This is one of the better things I am looking forward! And the changes to IC.

Yeah it's a crazy idea and i like it very much. It will attract more players into Cyrodiil for sure.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    g3-qbKVZ8T4maxresdefault-600x300.jpg
    my what a unique idea :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it sure won't spread players out all rushing to the same spot to claim the weapon.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it sure won't spread players out all rushing to the same spot to claim the weapon.

Sarcasm ? xd
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag will be epic when everyone is trying to chase the weapon. I wish they would address lag instead of just adding more "chaos" to cyrodiil.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an emperor weapon. It will give you buffs comparable to those of an emperor.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the changes to ic?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    It's not an emperor weapon. It will give you buffs comparable to those of an emperor.

Actually it turns you into a "Juggernaut" and gives you 5 + 1 completely new skills.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

Exactly. These will be the Daedric artifacts that have been an important part of other TES games. Volendrung will be the first.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on January 15, 2019 10:49PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IC will be removed from Cyrodiil and becomes it's own campaign.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They decoupling it from Cyrodiil, making it its own campaign.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lag will be epic when everyone is trying to chase the weapon. I wish they would address lag instead of just adding more "chaos" to cyrodiil.

Exactly what I thought when they announced it :/ Not exiting at all, especially with current performance situation.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see the next batch of threads:

"I was killed by someone with the Emperor Weapon. NERF IT!"
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure their relocation of Imperial City to its own campaign is an attempt to address lag
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not an Emperor weapon; it's a random drop.

Whoever gets the drop obtains the weapon and this set of skills; it was designed as a way to combat Emperors. While the thing is OP as hell, you have to keep feeding it through PvP, otherwise it slowly kills you.

Very... deadly... regardless of how you use it.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this means that ZoS will actually focus on improving the Cyrodiil server performances which... well we all know they are shite.

Personally skeptical that it will mean any such thing though... intresting idea if only they sort out the performance levels of the servers.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the level 26 exploit
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @geonsocal
    Yeah I literally shook my head like jeez man why does fortenite have to influence everything nowadays. I simply wished they had announced something that would greatly influence performance, objectives that expanded on the current system, or even bounty hunter (which I made an entire thread about how it would be implemented).

This is definitely not something that should be added at-least in my opinion. I'm still waiting for those dwarven sieges wheeler showed a couple years back.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an interesting idea! I like it!
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just imagine an Emperor picking up that weapon...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @geonsocal
    Yeah I literally shook my head like jeez man why does fortenite have to influence everything nowadays. I simply wished they had announced something that would greatly influence performance, objectives that expanded on the current system, or even bounty hunter (which I made an entire thread about how it would be implemented).

This is definitely not something that should be added at-least in my opinion. I'm still waiting for those dwarven sieges wheeler showed a couple years back.
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    Sounds like an interesting idea! I like it!

Yeah. I love the idea that every player has the chance to obtain the weapon. (Well if you have a fast mount that is)
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 an emperor picks it up.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Just imagine an Emperor picking up that weapon...

Yep.
    Balanced.
    Wonder how much time you will have to have to "feed" the weapon before it kills you ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an emp weapon if the emp doesn't get it first.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rytfield Congrats on predicting this in April 2014 :)
    Rytfield wrote: »
    Perhaps they could add a system somewhat similar to Zariche/Akamanah in Lineage 2. For those that aren't farmiliar with that game.In a nutshell Zariche and Akamanah were two truly unique weapons (never more than 1 present) which had a very small drop chance and once you got it you only had it for a few hours or until you died. Then it would drop for someone else to pickup, or vanish to reappear later again. This was largly a PVP/PK feature but can be reworked to be a PVE feature.
    Edited by GaldorP on January 15, 2019 11:05PM
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "There can be only one!"-Highlander
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is they used word "Cyrodill will get some love"... But what kind of love is that ?
    Imho this is the last thing PvP in this game needs as those "artefacts" will be used 100% of time by Destro-ulti-farming ball groups / trains. Last thing Cyrodiil needed was to buff those groups... :(
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is they used word "Cyrodill will get some love"... But what kind of love is that ?
    Imho this is the last thing PvP in this game needs as those "artefacts" will be used 100% of time by Destro-ulti-farming ball groups / trains. Last thing Cyrodiil needed was to buff those groups... :(

Somewhat true. But atleast we get something.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)