The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Emperor Weapon coming to Cyrodiil

• prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to remember him saying that players will be alerted when it spawns, but not told where. This would make it less of a mad rush to one place. And there's always a chance that the person who ends up finding it won't even be interested in the PvP mechanics and either waste it or ignore it altogether.
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember him saying that players will be alerted when it spawns, but not told where. This would make it less of a mad rush to one place. And there's always a chance that the person who ends up finding it won't even be interested in the PvP mechanics and either waste it or ignore it altogether.

They said that once it spawns, players will be shown the location. But before the spawn, no one knows where it spawns.
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerglings with emp weapon and necros all ressing the dead zerglings.

Rip smalscale :(

But nice if a smalscaler gets it!
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Zerglings with emp weapon and necros all ressing the dead zerglings.

Rip smalscale :(

But nice if a smalscaler gets it!

Looks unlikely for a small group to get it unless if they are organized and know what they are doing.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm usually cautiously optimistic but this just sounds like a bad idea IMO. The way it sounds, it makes it seem like an easy mode Emp Ticket for the person that gets the relic, which would then make them even more powerful when they do become Emp. Don't even get me started on performance issues.

Idk, I just don't see this as being a good thing.
    Argonian forever
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad they listen to us and are separating Cyro&IC but Cyrodiil performance issues predate inclusion of IC...so its removal only likely benefits the population caps.
    The addition of a Daedric weapon....will certainly change things up....but sounds like a farming groups delight and bad for Campaign objectives/scores.

• Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    Would be nice if who ever picks up the weapon automatically is defactioned. They have to fight everyone and can't be in a group.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion 2 of the main things that makes pvp very annoying right now is lag and large groups having a massive advantage over smaller groups/solo players and this just makes both worse.

I just hate that everytime cyrodil gets something new that it's always something that adds more chaos and lag, things most don't want. I really couldn't care about a new weapon or keep to attack, please just work on making it actually playable.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on January 16, 2019 1:50PM
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of giving 'Lifers' a chance at feeling the power of what it's like being an Emp... however, the no lifers are still going to be the ones that obtain this power on a regular basis.

I will hold my complete analysis until we get to actually see this in motion but I fear it will just be another "who has the bigger zerg" that wins in the end.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <see's new weapon spawn on the map....
    <rides as fast as possible to the location..
    <gets bombed as soon as weapon is about to be picked up...

This will happen...alot. Especially if you can simply throw caltrops or AOEs and siege on the weapon to block players from picking it up.

ZoS is going full Troll.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be interesting to see how this plays out. So when you pick this thing up do you become an enemy to all? Like if you are playing as AD and you pick this thing up are you still AD or can you now kill AD players also?
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Should be interesting to see how this plays out. So when you pick this thing up do you become an enemy to all? Like if you are playing as AD and you pick this thing up are you still AD or can you now kill AD players also?

No not to all, only to same alliances.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't people give something like this a chance? Sure if some ball group picks it up it will be pretty annoying, but that's no different from emperor. I'm pretty excited for a small scale / solo player getting their hands on it considering emperor is basically impossible to get solo now with the new AP system.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    reguvin wrote: »
    Great. Guild zergraids are now going to be all powerful. Thank you ZOS. As a member of an outnumbered faction... thank you. I will be uninstalling the game once this weapon thing goes live.

It will be scary lol. But you don't have to fight around the weapon area if you don't want to.

You missed my point. When a zerg raid (24 players in a radius of 1m spamming rapids, purge, ultis, proxy set) goes on a rampage against outnumbered faction, it's a keep after keep after keep. Now imagine one of those players now has an all-powerful weapon that kills in a seconds breaks walls and gates. Population imbalance is the biggest gripe of PvP. This is only gonna make that problem worse.

You're already outnumbered. Them having the weapon makes little to no difference, however if YOU get your hands on it... now that Will make a difference ;)
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I'll sit in a 24 man team on the other side of the map and while everyone's chasing the McGuffin we'll be stealing your keeps.

30/30 siege weapons go.

Mhm Mr "PRO". 30 sieges limit is available only for defenders :)

Someone made a mistake. Hang him!
    Mason_Cane wrote: »
    Would be nice if who ever picks up the weapon automatically is defactioned. They have to fight everyone and can't be in a group.

LOL God, that would end up being the worlds greatest ever zergball.
  • MaidenOregon
    MaidenOregon
    ✭✭
    Oh please let one of them be Mehrunes' Razor.

Wabbajack! I want to turn all my enemies into rabbits! 🤣
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    reguvin wrote: »
    Great. Guild zergraids are now going to be all powerful. Thank you ZOS. As a member of an outnumbered faction... thank you. I will be uninstalling the game once this weapon thing goes live.

It will be scary lol. But you don't have to fight around the weapon area if you don't want to.

You missed my point. When a zerg raid (24 players in a radius of 1m spamming rapids, purge, ultis, proxy set) goes on a rampage against outnumbered faction, it's a keep after keep after keep. Now imagine one of those players now has an all-powerful weapon that kills in a seconds breaks walls and gates. Population imbalance is the biggest gripe of PvP. This is only gonna make that problem worse.

You're already outnumbered. Them having the weapon makes little to no difference, however if YOU get your hands on it... now that Will make a difference ;)

Yeah true even if your outnumbered with the weapon u should be able to take out most of them
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    <see's new weapon spawn on the map....
    <rides as fast as possible to the location..
    <gets bombed as soon as weapon is about to be picked up...

This will happen...alot. Especially if you can simply throw caltrops or AOEs and siege on the weapon to block players from picking it up.

ZoS is going full Troll.

Sure you wont last 5 seconds if you rush to take the weapon
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Alowishus
    Alowishus
    ✭✭✭
    New abilities from Volendrung leaked!:

Lag Spike: Impale your foes, stunning all players in a 100-yard radius for up to 34 seconds. When the effect ends, all players are disoriented for 5 seconds.

Zero FPS: Freeze a player in place, allowing you to crush them at your convenience.

Sever Connection (Ultimate): Instantly remove up to 53 players from the Matrix. If you can't beat 'em, just reset!
    ESO Wishlist: Housing (Thank you!) Jewelrycrafting (Thank you!) Hand-to-hand skill line.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    This is one of the better things I am looking forward! And the changes to IC.

yeah players voted against such a stupid thing in bgs. now they will get it again in cyro