The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stealth archer meta is ruining BGs

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    [img][/img]JGDMzqV.png
    [img][/img]xBTPU1r.png
    [img][/img]SBEzXiK.png

I also like to delete people without counterplay :)

No offense but: incapacitating strike is melee range, killer's blade is melee range.
    If you used wrecking blow instead of snipe in those screenshots, the result would have been the same.
    The counterplay is not wearing wet toilet paper for armor.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard hitting abilities that isn´t ultimates, shouldn´t have powerful effects attached to them. The problem with Lethal Arrow is that you can buff the defile values to insane levels (due to how stupidly good Befoul scales). If the only counter is to sit at ridiculous resistance levels and 35k + HP, then something is flawed imo.

Best suggestion I´ve seen to change snipe is to make it an ultimate and then rework Ballista into spammable ability. This way the bow skilline gets a decent spammable ability for PvE (which has been requested quite a few times) and you´ll have less snipe spammers in PvP, but the skill remains a powerful ability.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard hitting abilities that isn´t ultimates, shouldn´t have powerful effects attached to them. The problem with Lethal Arrow is that you can buff the defile values to insane levels (due to how stupidly good Befoul scales). If the only counter is to sit at ridiculous resistance levels and 35k + HP, then something is flawed imo.

That defile had zero effect on the outcome in your screenshots. You virtually oneshot them.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

That defile had zero effect on the outcome in your screenshots. You virtually oneshot them.

Obviously not, but the average snipe-spammer is not running a gank-build with snipe, they´re standing 30-40 meters away spamming it. So I´ll stick to my statement that hard hitting abilities shouldn´t have powerful buffs/debuffs/effects attached to them (unless they´re ultimates).

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously not, but the average snipe-spammer is not running a gank-build with snipe, they´re standing 30-40 meters away spamming it. So I´ll stick to my statement that hard hitting abilities shouldn´t have powerful buffs/debuffs/effects attached to them (unless they´re ultimates).

People not running gank builds aren't hitting for 18K with their snipes.

One of my characters is an archer (stamina templar), he is using a balanced build (bone pirate/automaton/kena), and he is typically hitting players for 4-6K with his snipes (and thats with the harder-hitting morph, not the defile morph).

It is similar to my stamina NB who can spam surprise attack every second(as opposed to 1.1 second) for comparable damage while also applying a major debuff.
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2019 9:41AM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth archers, those people that, while you're having a fun little 1vX will 1shot you from across the map and from a place, due to the shape of the battleground, that you cant get to without taking a long route round.

as ppl seem to have that much problems with bows it is better to remove that weapon at all from the game?!?
    But when I die it is mostly by 2-handed or stafdmg, then we should think also about moving those sources of dmg from the game????
    we make ESO an pacifist-game!!!
    awesome...................
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

Best suggestion I´ve seen to change snipe is to make it an ultimate and then rework Ballista into spammable ability. This way the bow skilline gets a decent spammable ability for PvE (which has been requested quite a few times) and you´ll have less snipe spammers in PvP, but the skill remains a powerful ability.

In CP you can boost your healing for more than i can boost my defile CP
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Befoul gives you 55% Healing Reduction. Blessed and Quick Recovery gives 15% healing boost each, so that´s not even close if you only look at CP.
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭

don't spread lies :)
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    55% healing debuff with max befoul. 30% from the original debuff. The CP increases the 30%. Not the actual healing amount. So thats an increase of 15% from befoul.
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing with healing lols
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biggda76 wrote: »

Normal defile reduces healing by 30%. A 1000 point heal becomes a (1000-30%) = 700 point heal.

Befoul increases this amount (the 30) by 55%. So defile with maxed befoul will reduce enemy incoming heals by (30+55%) = 46.5%. A 1000 point heal becomes a (1000-46.5%) = 535 point heal.

This means maxed befoul is responsible for (700-535) = 165 extra healing lost.

Blessed increases the amount of healing done by 15%, so a 1000 point heal becomes a (1000+15%) = 1150 point heal

Quick recovery increases the amount of healing received (from the above) by 15%, so the 1150 heal becomes a (1150+15%) = 1322.5 point heal.

This means blessed and quick recovery are responsible for (1322.5-1000) = 322.5 extra healing received.

If you put it all together: The target should be receiving 1322.5 point heal(due to his blessed+quick recovery), but this will be reduced by 46.5% (due to attacker's defile with maxed befoul) resulting in a (1322.5-46.5%) = 707.5373 HP gained.

TLDR: 1000 point heal.
    Without any CP involved: 700 HP debuffed heal
    (700 hp is received by target)
    With all relevant CP maxed: 707 HP debuffed heal.(707 hp is received by target)
    CP healing wins (slightly), albeit at twice the cost in CP points.
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2019 6:57PM
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭

Normal defile reduces healing by 30%. A 1000 point heal becomes a (1000-30%) = 700 point heal.

Befoul increases this amount (the 30) by 55%. So defile with maxed befoul will reduce enemy incoming heals by (30+55%) = 46.5%. A 1000 point heal becomes a (1000-46.5%) = 535 point heal.

Blessed increases the amount of healing done by 15%, so a 1000 point heal becomes a (1000+15%) = 1150 point heal

Quick recovery increases the amount of healing received (from the above) by 15%, so the 1150 heal becomes a (1150+15%) = 1322.5 point heal.

This means blessed and quick recovery are responsible for (1322.5-1000) = 322.5 extra healing received.

If you put it all together: The target should be receiving 1322.5 point heal(due to his blessed+quick recovery), but this will be reduced by 46.5% (due to attacker's defile with maxed befoul) resulting in a (1322.5-46.5%) = 707.5373 HP gained.

With all relevant CP maxed: 707 HP debuffed heal.

I mean you just proved my point. Befoul scales better than healing trees therefore you can boost heal reduction more than heal itself, apart from how I don't see how reduction losses for you whilst you just showed it's untrue xD
    Edited by biggda76 on January 29, 2019 6:33PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean you just proved my point. Befoul scales better than healing trees therefore you can boost heal reduction more than heal itself, apart from how I don't see how reduction losses for you whilst you just showed it's untrue xD

I just showed to you that healing trees increase healing more than befoul reduces it(by 7 points in favor of the healing).

You probably misread my TLDR.(now that i read it it may be confusing).
    If you had no befoul and the enemy had no healing boosts, he would heal himself for 700.
    If you had maxed befoul and the enemy had maxed healing boosts, he would heal himself for 707.
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2019 6:54PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear heavy armor. Build for defense with burst potential.

If that doesn’t help you fight 4 stealthed archers, then you wouldn’t have survived anyway.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Wear heavy armor. Build for defense with burst potential.

If that doesn’t help you fight 4 stealthed archers, then you wouldn’t have survived anyway.

I get your point, and realize "I dont wanna" is a *** / straight up isnt an excuse, but hey, at-least im not feeding into the heavy armor meta... right... lol

For what its worth I was playing earlier today and while the CC is now out of control it was only my teammates who seemed to be arrow magnets rather than me. A nice change for sure.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭

I just showed to you that healing trees increase healing more than befoul reduces it(by 7 points in favor of the healing).

If you had no befoul and the enemy had no healing boosts, he would heal himself for 700.
    If you had maxed befoul and the enemy had maxed healing boosts, he would heal himself for 707.

Yea I understand that. My issue is that healing doesn't outperform debuff. It's the heal reduction that is greater than buff. If it was other way around you'd be healing 1000+ but lower than that 1322.5 but instead you're healing lower than 1000. Effectively the debuff is better than the healing since you still can't outheal it at least to original state of heal (the supposed 1000). Also on a serious note. Who'd put 100 into blessed and quick rec. Your healing will be outperformed by the incoming damage since you sacrifice mitigation and damage yourself
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I understand that. My issue is that healing doesn't outperform debuff. It's the heal reduction that is greater than buff. If it was other way around you'd be healing 1000+ but lower than that 1322.5 but instead you're healing lower than 1000.

But the argument was whether the introduction of CP increased or decreased healing, not whether the increased healing from CP can outperform the BASE defile.

You are basically saying that a defiled heal will be lower than a non-defiled heal. That's true, but it has nothing to do with CP.

The defiled heal will always be lower than non-defiled heal, we were just discussing whether CP help the defile, or the heal. My calculation showed that CP (when all relevant CP stars are maxed) helps healing, not defile.
    Also on a serious note. Who'd put 100 into blessed and quick rec. Your healing will be outperformed by the incoming damage since you sacrifice mitigation and damage yourself

*shrug* probably the same kind of guy who would put 100 points into befoul, sacrificing block/dodge cost reduction and regens. In any case, that's besides the point. This was just an exercise to show whether it is possible to out-CP befoul using the healing perks.
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2019 9:46PM
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭

Yea I understand that. My issue is that healing doesn't outperform debuff. It's the heal reduction that is greater than buff. If it was other way around you'd be healing 1000+ but lower than that 1322.5 but instead you're healing lower than 1000.

But the argument was whether the introduction of CP increased or decreased healing, not whether the increased healing from CP can outperform the BASE defile.

You are basically saying that a defiled heal will be lower than a non-defiled heal. That's true, but it has nothing to do with CP.

The defiled heal will always be lower than non-defiled heal, we were just discussing whether CP help the defile, or the heal. My calculation showed that CP (when all relevant CP stars are maxed) helps healing, not defile.
    Also on a serious note. Who'd put 100 into blessed and quick rec. Your healing will be outperformed by the incoming damage since you sacrifice mitigation and damage yourself

*shrug* probably the same kind of guy who would put 100 points into befoul, sacrificing block/dodge cost reduction and regens. In any case, that's besides the point. This was just an exercise to show whether it is possible to out-CP befoul using the healing perks.

Yeah I was just doing something and thought whether your math was correct and realised that you wrote 700 defile heal so without costs. So yeah you're right about the outhealing defile

On another note you can get away with 80+ points in defile maintaining good allocation for sustain, breakfree, rolldodge and block so thats rhat. I actually do that from time to time on 2 builds and my sustain doesn't really suffer from that. On the other hand spending so much points on heal, oh boi not good idea

But yea tldr healing cps>defile cp in terms of pure efficiency neglecting how useful it actually is
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are combinding a debuff 30% defile with the CP befouled and compared that to ONLY CP that increases the heal you cast. Should you be using the buff associated with the heal CP? Major mending, yeah? The way everyone is looking at it is wrong. Either look at JUST CPs or include CP with their associated buffs and debuffs.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are combinding a debuff 30% defile with the CP befouled and compared that to ONLY CP that increases the heal you cast. Should you be using the buff associated with the heal CP? Major mending, yeah? The way everyone is looking at it is wrong. Either look at JUST CPs or include CP with their associated buffs and debuffs.

Yeah the complete picture would include the mending buff in the calculation. But i simply wanted to know whether the scenario: a normal heal, being hit by a defile, results in the healing being stronger, or weaker, after CP is taken into account. Turns out the CP stars more or less cancel each other out.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully soon Bosmer stealth archers will be able to roll dodge away from your attempts to catch them with a speed bonus that stacks on Hasty Retreat! Good luck sneaking up on those players because they’ll have passive, always running, stealth detect without having to use Magelight or sit in an AOE and give up their position.

But everything’s fine.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honnestly i dunno if it's this thread but i see these guys almost daily now in NA BGs

That and tether tanks.

Annoying.com
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I've been pretty apathetic on this issue but I think all the forum QQ is starting to have an effect. So many snipers in every *** match.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen a rash of bow build videos lately
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In higher mmrs, I almost never see snipe builds. Maybe in lower mmrs it is an issue
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group players: Let's group up and make group mechanics unstoppable based on sheer overwhelming numbers.

Casuals and ungrouped players: I can't get close to groups without getting zerged down, the only fun builds for me are extreme range builds, because they are the only reliable way to avoid being zerged.

Group players: I can't wear wet toilet paper for armor and Zerg stomp with no opposition... Range players are cheap QQ woe is me, where did I put the world's tiniest violin. All players should be forced to fight me in my play style and with the equipment I prefer, this game was specifically made for me and I should always win.
    Edited by Cathexis on February 3, 2019 10:03PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

Why do you single out "from range"? If it is possible from melee then its okay?

And let me tell you, it is 3x as easy to "global" someone from melee than from range.

It should be easier to do more burst damage from melee than from range, because melee has to be in melee range. It's specifically a problem when it comes from range because the person attacking you isn't necessarily going to be in your field of view. Someone in melee range of you will always be visible, so you will at the very least be somewhat prepared to take damage. If the person about to global you is 30m behind you standing next to a pillar, well, you might not be as prepared.

That just comes down to lack of situational awareness.

You know there are bows in this game, and people who will shoot you with them. You should always be prepared to take the damage.

If you die to a single snipe because you did not know the archer was there, you will just as well die to a single wrecking blow from a cloaked nightblade. "I did not know he was there" is no reason to nerf ranged combat.

Haha no, it doesn't just come down to situational awareness. No one can see players at 30m distance 360 degrees around their character at any one time, but everyone can see a player in melee range of them.

Except for that invisible nightblade who just "globaled" you. Let me guess. Nerf invisibility next, because your light armor, no impen, no resist buff behind got "globaled" while you did not know your attacker was there?

That's the same argument you are using against a ranged attack.
    Taking a bit of damage from range does not necessitate the same response that a NB uncloaking on top of you does, nor should it, because potential ranged burst dps should not be equal to melee because they are ranged. This is basic risk/reward stuff that people with the smallest amount of common sense understand, and melee having higher dps/burst dps potential has been a thing in every MMO that has ever existed.

And it absolutely isn't equal. Spamming snipe is nowhere near the burst DPS of a stamden dropping shalks, dawnbreaker, and executioner on you in exact the same split second. (And while we are at it, it also isn't anywhere near equal to the burst of a magsorc hitting you with curse,fury,meteor and frag at the same time.)
    Honestly I'm not sure if you're being intellectually dishonest on purpose, or.. heh.

Right back at you.
    Heh.

Why would you compare sorc burst, which you can see coming a mile away and have plenty of time to prepare for, to snipe? Meteor, really? When is the last time someone landed a sneaky meteor on you? Maybe when you were AFK?

lmao

TL;DR - get out of here with your "you probably suck so your point is invalid" nonsense and come back with an actual argument

If you're going into any PvP environment without at least 26k health and 25 - 30k in resists, you're going to die. Instead of trying a type of glass cannon build, try incorporating some type of defense in your build. (Either through CP or armor sets.)

No one should be required to load up on resists and health so they don't get globaled from 30m. If this is a requirement for someone to queue for a BG, then damage in BGs is too high/TTK is too low. The vast majority of players do not have builds like this, and by enforcing this kind of meta because damage is so high, you're locking the vast majority of players out of BGs or ensuring that when they do queue for BGs, they have a very bad time.

There are a lot of people in this thread only concerned with themselves. I hate to have to remind you of this, but there are other people who queue for BGs besides you and your friends. A whole lot more, actually. Their experience in BGs is more important than yours because there are a lot more of them than you.

Im sorry but TTK in BGS is too high not too low. Tanks meta is way to strong atm.