The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xanmeer Crates are crap

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
Just some basic feedback for the latest crown crates: I just bought some, but I think they are pretty poor quality. Not just the % chance of actually getting anything good especially since I just opened 15 at once and got nothing special, but also the reskinned mounts and stuff and tattoos which are basically the same except different colour. Plus there are pets in there which have just been shoved in and have been released before. Very disappointing and obviously no effort has been put in on the part of the devs, I expect better service and quality in 2019.
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These crates are by far the worst next to the psijic ones. Remember when each crate season has 3 crafting motifs? And what does this one get. Ugly *** weapons with green slime on them which are the EXACT same style as one of the other murkmire styles which I can’t remeber the name. Regardless, it’s clear that the crates are becoming more and more of a rip off. A year ago they were well worth the money to buy some crates as many of the rewards were very good and unique... now however it’s utter trash. Just re-skinned tattoos, no motifs. Just garbage weapon styles which are the exact same as the other except with green slime. (Not to mention they’re worth 200 gems for 1 ****** weapon, wtf zos!?). Also I don’t know if it’s just me.. but the drop rates are getting worse and worse. Zos is clearly just trying to rip people off to get more money, over pricing things like the frost Sabre mount which is a whopping 600 gems... sigh.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    They have a few redeeming qualities - the two chickens being one! I bought those immediately with my gems, lol. I also like the lizard guar... the rest is eh, though.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • ewenness
    ewenness
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I enjoyed the Xanmeer crates. As someone whose main character and favourite race is Argonian, this crate season has been a great value for money. Every single collectible I got, I can put to good use. Haven't liked much what I've seen of other seasons because very few items in them fit my character thematically.

Apparently a Bandari crate season has been datamined with a heavy emphasis on Khajiit themes. It'll probably be the same deal. Excellent value for players with Khajiit mains or several Khajiit characters and a lean season for the rest.

Think of it as a trade-off. You spend less this time around because you don't like the lizard theme, right? Save that money and you'll have extra funds for when a crate season of your preference comes around.
    Edited by ewenness on December 26, 2018 5:51PM

PC / EU / EP
    SEES-NO-SENSE
    ARGONIAN WARDEN
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grinded the big ear ginger kitten recently because I love cats but I have to admit I’m enjoying the chickens right now. It all comes down to what looks the funniest when a max-speed mount has a gaggle of animals running behind trying to keep up. 🤷‍♂️
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind argonian theme... but the mounts are just ugly and look ridiculous.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    These crates are by far the worst next to the psijic ones. Remember when each crate season has 3 crafting motifs? And what does this one get. Ugly *** weapons with green slime on them which are the EXACT same style as one of the other murkmire styles which I can’t remeber the name. Regardless, it’s clear that the crates are becoming more and more of a rip off. A year ago they were well worth the money to buy some crates as many of the rewards were very good and unique... now however it’s utter trash. Just re-skinned tattoos, no motifs. Just garbage weapon styles which are the exact same as the other except with green slime. (Not to mention they’re worth 200 gems for 1 ****** weapon, wtf zos!?). Also I don’t know if it’s just me.. but the drop rates are getting worse and worse. Zos is clearly just trying to rip people off to get more money, over pricing things like the frost Sabre mount which is a whopping 600 gems... sigh.

100% agree about Xanmeer crates, but disagree about Psijic ones. The black lion, funny dwemer toilet, awesome cheap nixad and Nocturnal statue are great. Not the best, but are far from being the worst.

Xanmeer - yep, bad. There is nothing really interesting there. Everything is quite boring except chickens, but after a week or two they will be switched for a different pet. Costumes can be reproduced using argonian, murmire and mazzatun crafting motifs. But it's me. Some people like them.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 26, 2018 8:27PM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are always old pets in every crown crate season, along with mounts, costumes and other cosmetics.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ewenness wrote: »
    Apparently a Bandari crate season has been datamined with a heavy emphasis on Khajiit themes. It'll probably be the same deal. Excellent value for players with Khajiit mains or several Khajiit characters and a lean season for the rest.

So you are basically telling us to be on the lookout for the all new and amazing cat-horse, cat-bear, cat-camel, cat-guar and... cat-wolf? NEVER!! And to top it all off, the cat-senche, because why not...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did spend gems on the chickens. They make entertaining decor at my crafting stations.

I dont buy crates, but I always look through them to see what I might want to spend gems on. This is the most disappointing batch of items yet. I think Zeni’s ambitious schedule and focus on monetization is really hurting them. I’m starting to feel really bad for their development teams.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just some basic feedback for the latest crown crates: I just bought some, but I think they are pretty poor quality. Not just the % chance of actually getting anything good especially since I just opened 15 at once and got nothing special, but also the reskinned mounts and stuff and tattoos which are basically the same except different colour. Plus there are pets in there which have just been shoved in and have been released before. Very disappointing and obviously no effort has been put in on the part of the devs, I expect better service and quality in 2019.

So you purchased 15of them... Which basically is telling zos that you like them...if you really don't like something in the future I would suggest NOT supporting it.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

None of this is new. The apex mounts are always a reskinned bear, camel, guar, horse, senche and wolf. There are always pets (and sometimes mounts) which have been released before. There's always several variants of the same markings and other minor cosmetics to pad out the lower tiers.

No it's not a good deal, that's the point: the whole basis of the crate system is that you spend more trying for the items you really want than you would if it was sold directly. But that too is not new.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The two musical instruments (murkmire drum and vassa-sohtl or whatever) are completely useless. play for 5 seconds than quit, having to press it over and over to play? Utter garbage. Put it on a loop. How is that not even the first thought for an instrument?
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't you seen the summoning effects & sound fx? it's 10/10.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For my taste this season is also one of the worst :/ But I've made a showcase video for Guar-Lizard Steed - this mount surprised me :)

https://youtu.be/6aVsBHA32UQ

You can see all movement and hear all sounds of this mount.

The guar looks the most natural and ordinary this season, and I didn't expect anything particularly interesting from it... But they did really nice with editing the voice of this mount - it sounds like a snake! I really love it's idle hissing, and hissing when it jumps/speeds up <3
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    For my taste this season is also one of the worst :/ But I've made a showcase video for Guar-Lizard Steed - this mount surprised me :)

https://youtu.be/6aVsBHA32UQ

You can see all movement and hear all sounds of this mount.

The guar looks the most natural and ordinary this season, and I didn't expect anything particularly interesting from it... But they did really nice with editing the voice of this mount - it sounds like a snake! I really love it's idle hissing, and hissing when it jumps/speeds up <3

Yeah thanks for posting that, I really like the Guars, as I am a fan of the original Morrowind so there's a large portion of nostalgia there for me. I've been kind of collecting guars (I have 8) but I can't really justify the money now so I'm disappointed that I won't be getting the Guar-Lizard, it looks and sounds amazing :)
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on January 2, 2019 4:07AM

• Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »

So you are basically telling us to be on the lookout for the all new and amazing cat-horse, cat-bear, cat-camel, cat-guar and... cat-wolf? NEVER!! And to top it all off, the cat-senche, because why not...

I think they could have done these apex mounts in a different way, more like the horse from the murkmire bundle. It’s still a normal horse, but with a lizard-style armor that gives this unique touch and goes well with the Argonian theme.

What do you guys think?
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    Hymzir wrote: »

I think they could have done these apex mounts in a different way, more like the horse from the murkmire bundle. It’s still a normal horse, but with a lizard-style armor that gives this unique touch and goes well with the Argonian theme.

What do you guys think?

Yeah the Murkmire style horse looks pretty cool, for the next lot of Apex mounts if they are Khajiit themed, it would be much better to have Khajiit armour or something on them, rather than them being senche-style mutated cat-horses and cat-bears and stuff, which sound rediculous. If its Bandari themed, they should make them proper animals not mutants and appropriately garbed for thievery and loaded up with treasure and supplies, that'd be awesome.

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerfworthy wrote: »
    They have a few redeeming qualities - the two chickens being one! I bought those immediately with my gems, lol. I also like the lizard guar... the rest is eh, though.

Same here. I bought the Demon chickens as well.