The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampires need update

• Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep they need an update, like limited ability in daylight and flagged as full PVP full loot if they are identified as a Vampire by a PC.

Give them that and you can have any update you like.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new elaborate and expensive quest to hide the vampire look for everything other than stage 4 might be ok. I do not think it should be easy. We made our choice when we accepted our "gift".
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    A new elaborate and expensive quest to hide the vampire look for everything other than stage 4 might be ok. I do not think it should be easy. We made our choice when we accepted our "gift".
    The arctic ice skin kinda hides the ugly stage 4
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Vampires are another thing I've become resigned to being substandard. Heck, my feeding STILL doesn't stun the target afterwards even though the ability says it does. Vampires are broken, they desperately need an overhaul to bring them more in line with the way the NPC vampires work, and gods know they DESPERATELY need a range of cosmetic options and skins we'd all GLADLY PAY for. But ZOS desperately does not want my money.

Yeah I have no clue how vampire has virtually remained the same since launch (Yes they changed 1 morph to the ult, but come on that's basically nothing.) in terms of making the class represent, I dunno, vampires better. Atm NPC vampires are waaaay more vampiric than us as players which makes 0 sense.

Exactly. We're slightly less ugly (in stage 1) and about half the ability of even the "mere" bloodfiends. It's annoying, frankly.

Yeah the fact that the NPC vampires have access to cooler powers than the *entire* flipping player subclass is honestly kind of insulting. I'm putting all my eggs in the "The next big expansion is prob going to be vampire related" basket though.

I find it almost impossible for them to NOT have something planned, the class has remained with only 3 abilities and 1 quest for 5 years. My theory is when Skyrim is added as a zone, perhaps we'll get access to the volkihar bloodline or something since the castle is in skyrim and I'm preeeeetty confident it was never revealed how /year specifically/ old Harkon's bloodline was. So perhaps we could see an earlier version of him and stuff, could be interesting.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the fact that the NPC vampires have access to cooler powers than the *entire* flipping player subclass is honestly kind of insulting.
    Let me put this in perspective as to how Shrewd the Abilities are for Vampires in ESO. From Players to the NPCs we see in the game.

Player Vampires:
    NPC Vampires:
    and It's not like the Player Vampires can't get more powerful. Infact the last thing Lamae Bal says to you is, and I quote:
    "Relish this new life I have given you. Feed and grow powerful. Find others of our kind. Form families. Bring new children into the fold!"
    So, its not unreasonable to think that our Vampiric powers should eventually become greater then any others since, you know. We were given our Vampiric powers directly from the Original who granted us permission to get even more powerful and create more vampires for her. So, we should have already earned a Vampire Lord form since that's exactly what we were told to become by Lamae Bal.
    Edited by 1mirg on May 9, 2019 2:41AM
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    Yeah the fact that the NPC vampires have access to cooler powers than the *entire* flipping player subclass is honestly kind of insulting.
    Let me put this in perspective as to how Shrewd the Abilities are for Vampires in ESO. From Players to the NPCs we see in the game.

Player Vampires:
    NPC Vampires:
    and It's not like the Player Vampires can't get more powerful. Infact the last thing Lamae Bal says to you is, and I quote:
    "Relish this new life I have given you. Feed and grow powerful. Find others of our kind. Form families. Bring new children into the fold!"
    So, its not unreasonable to think that our Vampiric powers should eventually become greater then any others since, you know. We were given our Vampiric powers directly from the Original who granted us permission to get even more powerful and create more vampires for her. So, we should have already earned a Vampire Lord form since that's exactly what we were told to become by Lamae Bal.

Yeah I find it kind of funny that even though "The Vestige will complete the tasks and undergo a transformation into a vampire directly from Lamae Bal" (literal text desc on Lamae's wiki) we're so incredibly weaker in comparison to literally every other vampire in the game. You'd think we'd at least get the ability to eventually conjure a gargoyle. We're transformed **DIRECTLY** from the first pure blood vampire. Like come on, that's got to give us something.

Also it's unbelievable that we literally only have 1 vampire quest btw. Why doesn't Lamae have her own ENTIRE quest line? Why don't vampires have their own vampire-specific hub areas? Why has this and werewolves literally been a relatively untouched part of the game for 5 years???

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Player Vampires:
    NPC Vampires:

Also as an addition to my response to your post, don't forget that one NPC vampire boss from that one dungeon has a way smoother teleportation skill than the vampire's ult.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, I didn't realize very few players are running Vampire on their builds.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more ugly skin would be nice :*
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires definitely need some kind of revamping eventually. The skill line is pretty sad, and us being so much weaker vamp ability wise than npc vampires makes no sense considering who we're turned by. Vampire lord form and summoning gargoyles would be great additions to the skill line. Any sort of vampire related/themed stuff would be great honestly.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, I didn't realize very few players are running Vampire on their builds.

But hopefully you do realize that just because vampire is "ran" on a lot of builds has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

In fact, your statement could be seen as a problem because as many have mentioned on this thread, they're literally only used for their passives. Which a subclass should NOT be used by literally half the playerbase for just their passives, a subclass should be taken to fit your play style and to round out your class. And no, using an entire subclass for 2 passives and nothing else isn't "rounding out" your class.

Vampire doesn't do this presently. They're taken with "every build" because of Undeath and the recovery. Nothing to do with being a vampire or playing as one or even their skills to some extent. It's like in DND how someone multi-classes just for the passives of whatever class they're multi-classing into, only to then not do anything with the class ever again nor have it pop up that their character is even said class.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampires definitely need some kind of revamping eventually. The skill line is pretty sad, and us being so much weaker vamp ability wise than npc vampires makes no sense considering who we're turned by. Vampire lord form and summoning gargoyles would be great additions to the skill line. Any sort of vampire related/themed stuff would be great honestly.

Yes, I could agree tremendously!

I find it sad at the very least we can't even summon a gargoyle guardian. Like, you know, most high-tier vampires can...
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Player Vampires:
    NPC Vampires:

Have you ever thought, maybe she was just trollin you and just wanted to give you some VampD?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with this 100 percent, but i also think that they should add a option for you to either A-equip a skin for your fav stage of vamperism in such a way that any other skin is equipped... and for those that claim that then they wouldnt be able to tell what stage vampire they are in pvp... us vampires can already equip any other skin to hide it such as the dungeon ones or cash shop ones, so at least give us various skins for the diffrent stages of being a vamp
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Player Vampires:
    NPC Vampires:

And let's not forget the GAP CLOSER that virtually every NPC vampire has.
    Nor should we forget that the "blood sucking beam" is STILL broken and does NOT stun your enemy as it says it does.

And what I would not give for other ES vamp abilities like CHARM and the ability to feed on sleeping targets.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Player Vampires:
    NPC Vampires:

And let's not forget the GAP CLOSER that virtually every NPC vampire has.
    Nor should we forget that the "blood sucking beam" is STILL broken and does NOT stun your enemy as it says it does.

And what I would not give for other ES vamp abilities like CHARM and the ability to feed on sleeping targets.

Speaking of other vampire ES abilities, part of me thinks they should have at least 1 skill where they can summon a zombie from a corpse or something. I basically want the "vampire's servant" ability from skyrim.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gatviper wrote: »
    Strykerous wrote: »
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.

The vast majority of nerfs that come down the pipeline are because of PvE and things over performing in vet hard modes.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Video is abit old, but this might be floating about for the future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEwh9wxOGA

Interesting
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since they are giving necromancer an ultimate form. Why not have a gargoyle form for vampires. I do think they should have more abilties. At least three more abilties at least. Hopefully Zenimax can get to it soon. As this is something they did for werewolves. Why not do it for vampires?
    Edited by Thevampirenight on May 13, 2019 2:55AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give vampire poweful skills and timer, let they enjoy our pain, WW op?

Hahaha

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.

"Thanks!" /facepalm The first few times this happened I was just like WTF? Yet again we "lame" PvE folk get hit with the nerf bat to appease the PvP crowd. Now mind you, this isn't actually their fault. It's the fault of ZO$ who either can't figure out PvP at all or can't figure out that PvP and PvE really are 2 separate games and abilities should change accordingly so that PvE isn't constantly being hurt in order to "improve" PvP.

To preface, I am big on PVE and have not yet gotten into PvP. Closest I came was as I was waiting for the invite to Kyne to pop ( to do dailies for the event) some dork challenged me to a duel. Thought it was the 'enter Cyradil' request so I automatically hit ' F '. Then just stood there and got the snot beat out of me.

That being said, you have to admit, having such a Stun type attack in PvP is a Huge advantage. I can understand why it was nerfed.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

"Thanks!" /facepalm The first few times this happened I was just like WTF? Yet again we "lame" PvE folk get hit with the nerf bat to appease the PvP crowd. Now mind you, this isn't actually their fault. It's the fault of ZO$ who either can't figure out PvP at all or can't figure out that PvP and PvE really are 2 separate games and abilities should change accordingly so that PvE isn't constantly being hurt in order to "improve" PvP.

To preface, I am big on PVE and have not yet gotten into PvP. Closest I came was as I was waiting for the invite to Kyne to pop ( to do dailies for the event) some dork challenged me to a duel. Thought it was the 'enter Cyradil' request so I automatically hit ' F '. Then just stood there and got the snot beat out of me.

That being said, you have to admit, having such a Stun type attack in PvP is a Huge advantage. I can understand why it was nerfed.

BUT they didn't change the description of the ability. So either they are guilty of sheer laziness if this is intended... or the ability has been broken for several months and they can't be bothered to fix it. Either way, it's not good.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, vampires really need some kind of update. Both for abilities and appearance to be honest.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a bat form...
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    And on fire during the day

The particular strain of vampirism that is featured in ESO does not cause sunlight to be extremely harmful to the vampires. This is specifically stated in the lore:
    "Vampires of this particular bloodline have Noxiphilic Sanguivoria rather than Porphyric Hemophilia or Sanguinare Vampiris. Noxiphilic Sanguivoria allows these Vampires to not burn or weaken in sunlight, but instead become more powerful once night falls. They have other abilities as well; some, such as invisibility, they share with other bloodlines. One particular way of acquiring this strand of vampirism is through the Rite of the Scion, a ritual in which a mortal's blood is fully replaced by that of Lamae's."