The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampires need update

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buffy-vampire-slayer.jpg

Go Buffy!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatviper wrote: »
    Strykerous wrote: »
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.

what? i do pvp only and i have been hit by this ability only few times

Yeah I was a little baffled by that comment too - assuming the post is referring to Drain. It still stuns in PvP, so long as the player hasn't been stunned recently.

The poster may have tried using it on a player with stun immunity up and assumed it no longer worked. Or they might be referring to some other change. I do remember reading something about a change to the ability, though I can't recall what it actually was.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Video is abit old, but this might be floating about for the future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEwh9wxOGA

I really hope this gets implemented in the future, I’d love a vampire lord polymorph
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still say we shouldn't magically turn white just because we are a vampire!

And I agree that we should get stronger the more we feed not stronger the less we feed. It just seems backwards to be honest.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my characters are Vampire. The passives are awesome to have.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I agree that we should get stronger the more we feed not stronger the less we feed. It just seems backwards to be honest.
    The base Mythology behind Vampires is supernatural (i.e. magical) Their skin is pale because they are literally the walking Undead and meant to resemble a corpse. But I would agree to it being toggleable for those who argued it could be explained by a "Glamor" illusionary magic. Which is a solid aspect of Vampire Mythology.

I think the Feeding/Stage system is fine because it is supposed to be like a Curse and those who abstain from drinking blood for Sustenance are more Dead than alive like a withering husk. And the weaker they are, the more the Darkness sets in...

OOooOOOooh, Spoopy~

Edit: Also, The Fact this thread was not Titled "Vampires need ReVamped" seems like a missed opportunity and I'm extremely disappointed in you... LOL jk but seriously... ;)
    Edited by Radiance on December 16, 2018 11:52PM
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be content if my vampires looked more like the walking dead and less like shriveled pink marshmallows.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatviper wrote: »
    Strykerous wrote: »
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.

a) Still does... oddly enough I got hit by it for the first time in a long time yesterday. I was proper confused. If you had any idea how stuns works you would realise there is CC immunity. And if the person you tried to drain recently had been CC'd... that part doesn't work.

b) Ok you two... this is s safe space. Show me on the target dummy where the mean PvPer touched you and sent you back to the respawn?

Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    The base Mythology behind Vampires is supernatural (i.e. magical) Their skin is pale because they are literally the walking Undead and meant to resemble a corpse. But I would agree to it being toggleable for those who argued it could be explained by a "Glamor" illusionary magic. Which is a solid aspect of Vampire Mythology.

I think the Feeding/Stage system is fine because it is supposed to be like a Curse and those who abstain from drinking blood for Sustenance are more Dead than alive like a withering husk. And the weaker they are, the more the Darkness sets in...

OOooOOOooh, Spoopy~

Edit: Also, The Fact this thread was not Titled "Vampires need ReVamped" seems like a missed opportunity and I'm extremely disappointed in you... LOL jk but seriously... ;)

But when black people die they don't turn white just because they are dead lol. Blade is a vampire and he's black.

And in every movie ever known they don't get stronger the less they feed it is in fact the opposite. They get stronger when they feed.

According to lore also vampires can't survive in daylight but here we are breaking that lore too just saying.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO vampires have upside-down feeding.

They should be strongest when fully fed, not the other way around.

It's ludicrous.

No such progression is classical TES feature, hunger make you monster while feeding let you maintain your civil face.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It certainly needs more skills open to it.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sendrik wrote: »
    Ive been playing as a vampire for months and i loved it.
    Loved the pale skin and red eyes,the mist form,the need to drink blood....i liked the style and,,feel''of playing a vampire.
    But since im a stamina DD,being a vampire was absolutely useless for me.
    I think you could have some use for the passives or mist form if youre more the tanky stamina type,but i didnt have much use for it,besides using mist form to get out of dangerous situations sometimes,but thats all.
    So,sadly,i became a werewolf and noticed a HUGE difference,i felt much stronger as a rank 1/10 werewolf with no skills unlocked,than i felt as a vampire,using the vampire active and passive skills,at rank 10.
    Tried to make the best out of it.....i kinda like being a ww now,but i often think about my time as a vampire :/

I dont know much about the use of being a vampire with a magicka build since i only play stamina characters,but nothing about the vampires skill tree screamed,,uh,i totally want that if im going to make a magicka char!''
    I often see vampires in pvp but they never made me feel like im missing out on something really useful or cool.

So i agree,vampires need to feel more powerful and they need more,,style''.
    When i think of a vampire,i dont exactly think of a mage(despite vampires being able to use magic),more like a powerful monster with inhuman strenght and speed when it comes to combat,and a somewhat elegant and classy behavior.
    But its clear that eso is going after a different route and wanted the vampire to be more of a magicka friendly thing,contrary to their ww counterparts.
    Still,some fancy teleport attacks where you punch or bite someone,would be really cool,or a transformation....or just a cooler feeding animation.
    On the other side,there is a werewolf themed DLC,a werewolf polymorph and other cool stuff.

Mist and Bats (Devouring swarm) plus the Regen passives were all solid and good reason to go vamp. Now, with wings removing snares, don’t need mist. Bats and Regen aren’t good enough of a trade of vs fire damage. In PvP.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    The only change a vampire needs is aversion to sunlight. All vampires should suffer a heavy penalty to operate in the daytime. Until that is included I see no reason to make vampirism any more powerful than it already is.

Sure, let's do that. In exchange, every time there's a full moon(s) in ESO, every werewolf player is forced to turn into, well, a werewolf and is attacked by NPCs on sight.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately this has been a stable of TES lore in the previous games as well and has just been carried over to ESO. I think the idea is that the longer a vampire withstands feeding the more "humanity" they lose and become more and more bestial until the madness forces them to attack and drink. So think of it like the surge of adrenaline people can get in desperate situations that has been known to give people the ability to perform surprising feats of strength that they never could under normal circumstance. But, perhaps because vampires are supernatural creatures, this is just extended indefinitely instead of lasting mere moments. Viewed with that lens it makes a certain sense. What WOULD have been an interesting mechanic would be putting a timer on Stage 4 where, after you have been in Stage 4 for a certain amount of time, you DO become weaker and, if you don't feed, actually die. And when you res you're still in Stage 4 and the timer starts over again. Because logically there really should be a limit. Just like logically Stage 1 should make you look completely normal.

In my heart of hearts I am hoping that the reason ZOS has continued to seemingly ignore the MANY and REPEATED requests for changes to vampires is because they are planning a DLC with them that will introduce some of the changes and additions we've been begging for so long.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Xarico
    Xarico
    ✭✭✭
    No such progression is classical TES feature, hunger make you monster while feeding let you maintain your civil face.

It is present in 2 single-player TES games out of the 4 that have playable vampires, so 50% of the time. Hardly classical.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I have two vampires, but so far, I am unable to comment on the skills because it is taking f o r e v e r to level the skill-line.
    I haven't even hit level two with either of them yet.

But yeah, the "garden hose" effect of draining a victim looks weird, and it feels even more off-kilter to be able to run around without any problem during daylight hours.

Seriously.
    Easiest skill to level.
    With the +100xp event easier.
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is I’m not going to stop posting about vampire bugs needing to be removed
    And for dev team to add more skills to vampires until it happens. And yes vampires most certainly need an update and to be fixed. And crybaby pvpers should stop whining and crying over The feeding aspect in Cyrodiil. If the stun from feeding is there, it should and will be used and pvpers need to call a wambulance and deal with it. Just like us magic users in eso have to deal with always being nerfed all the time as the pvpers whine and cry about every advantage a magic user finds at the last minute before we get nerfed.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    And on fire during the day

giphy.gif
    Edited by ZaroktheImmortal on March 31, 2019 12:15AM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires have been neglected for years now. The next update after Elsweyr really should be about vampires, with reworked proper vampire quests and interesting skills. And tone down the weakness to fire a bit, with the recent resistance changes 25% is too much in PvP.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Vampires have been neglected for years now. The next update after Elsweyr really should be about vampires, with reworked proper vampire quests and interesting skills. And tone down the weakness to fire a bit, with the recent resistance changes 25% is too much in PvP.

Yes! Werewolves got dungeon DLC. Let vampires have a zone DLC with some good storylines PLEASE!

• NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Lord transformation with new skills :* hopefully this year?
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only change a vampire needs is aversion to sunlight. All vampires should suffer a heavy penalty to operate in the daytime. Until that is included I see no reason to make vampirism any more powerful than it already is.

I sometimes question if people who insist vampires need to take sun damage understand how an MMO works. In an MMO you can't pick the time of day the game state is in you can't just have your character sleep in a bed and instant wait out till night. Quite simply making vampires take sunlight damage would make it difficult to play one at all in an MMO and at this point we may as well not even have vampirism. You'd have to be careful whenever you log on if it's daylight in game time and would be unable to do much of anything during that time. So yes, quite simply just no. This is a terrible idea.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes question if people who insist vampires need to take sun damage understand how an MMO works. In an MMO you can't pick the time of day the game state is in you can't just have your character sleep in a bed and instant wait out till night. Quite simply making vampires take sunlight damage would make it difficult to play one at all in an MMO and at this point we may as well not even have vampirism. You'd have to be careful whenever you log on if it's daylight in game time and would be unable to do much of anything during that time. So yes, quite simply just no. This is a terrible idea.

Especially considering that the game day is 4 hours of light and only 2 of night. It's flat silly. And ZOS realized this which is why they made vampires the way they are.

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire Lord transformation with new skills :* hopefully this year?

I would come back to the game if they added this in a heart beat.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want them to reduce the paleness justa bit change up stage three and four to be more glowy red eyes not as visable veins and also fangs. Also adding fang models to npcs too.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should reverse the stages of vampiric progression so that feeding actually has a purpose in maintaining your vampiric bonuses. As it currently stands there's no reason not to just hit stage 4 and forget that feeding even exists.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also fix vampire tattoos.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are another thing I've become resigned to being substandard. Heck, my feeding STILL doesn't stun the target afterwards even though the ability says it does. Vampires are broken, they desperately need an overhaul to bring them more in line with the way the NPC vampires work, and gods know they DESPERATELY need a range of cosmetic options and skins we'd all GLADLY PAY for. But ZOS desperately does not want my money.
    Edited by MornaBaine on May 8, 2019 2:28PM

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Vampires are another thing I've become resigned to being substandard. Heck, my feeding STILL doesn't stun the target afterwards even though the ability says it does. Vampires are broken, they desperately need an overhaul to bring them more in line with the way the NPC vampires work, and gods know they DESPERATELY need a range of cosmetic options and skins we'd all GLADLY PAY for. But ZOS desperately does not want my money.

Yeah I have no clue how vampire has virtually remained the same since launch (Yes they changed 1 morph to the ult, but come on that's basically nothing.) in terms of making the class represent, I dunno, vampires better. Atm NPC vampires are waaaay more vampiric than us as players which makes 0 sense.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Yeah I have no clue how vampire has virtually remained the same since launch (Yes they changed 1 morph to the ult, but come on that's basically nothing.) in terms of making the class represent, I dunno, vampires better. Atm NPC vampires are waaaay more vampiric than us as players which makes 0 sense.

Exactly. We're slightly less ugly (in stage 1) and about half the ability of even the "mere" bloodfiends. It's annoying, frankly.