The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampires need update

• Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Strykerous The earthgore helm is available from veteran Bloodroot Forge. Healers like it as it procs a pretty good heal. It was only a problem when it first came out because my group used to run away in panic from the huge red rain of blood before they learnt it was healing from my gear :D
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    That's actually a bug (it wasn't always like that) that we've begged them NOT to fix. LOL.

That’s wrong! The bug should have been gone and it makes it not fun!

Edited by Strykerous on March 30, 2019 8:19PM
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP perspective. If you enjoy being a VD proc with the increased flame damage or taking 20% more damage from dawnbreakers then sure vamp is great. It all comes down to if the passives and mistform are even worth it for pvp. I only slot it if I absolutely need mistform like on my bomber. Even there I may decide to revert back to just using cloak

I think it's 25% more damage. And it hurts, for sure.

There is a myth floating around on these forums that the fire resist penalty isn't a big deal, so Vampire is OP. That's bull mess. In fact, it's more of an encumbrance in PvE than it is an advantage. For those who want to argue with me about that - go tank something like Veteran Falkreath Keep as a stage 4 Vampire then get back with me.

It's too bad there isn't a way to simply turn Vampire on or off depending on if you are doing PvP or not. And to be honest, it's not even all that great for PvP. But it is the only way I've been able to come up with a half decent defensive build that doesn't just suck - and Mistform is really the only escape move that has a prayer of working at least some of the time (at least for a Templar that is).

Edited by Jeremy on December 14, 2018 12:17PM
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatviper wrote: »
    Strykerous wrote: »
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.

They cry about everything anyways. Lol
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh I stopped caring about being vampire the moment most dungeons started spewing fire in probably each dungeon... it is rly a pain when I need to either bite or have drink ready each time there is a dungeon with some fire boss inside it...

But ye I totally agree that since we had werewolf buffed a lot why not buff the vamp now? Heck I would even make a BG mode where it would be Vamps vs Werewolves =P
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    I actually just dropped vampirism on my main and I'm so happy I did. Too many drawbacks. My Dunmer is beautiful again.

VKaVjFw.jpg

MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • XarethiuS
    XarethiuS
    I must agree on appearance parts growing wings would be cool. And seriously a neck bite would be much better.
    "I swear to you gentlemen, that to be overly conscious is a sickness, a real, thorough sickness."
    -Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
    -Albert Einstein

“Hell isn't a fire pit but a museum of regrets.”
    -Exurb1a
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marking going away is a huge problem plus the biggest gripe I have is my skin tone. I put a lot of effort into making my toon have a very specific look. I don't like the fact that just because I'm a vampire that my skin can not be black. Why do I have to be pale white and lose my skin tone? I have never understood that as a vampire shouldn't be classified as just being white there are plenty of movies that use different skin tones for vampires/warewolfs.

I was doing a Quist used a costome the other day on my toon and I have been a vampire so long when it showed him I was very surprised at how good they came out, then the quest ended and I was so mad that I went back to pale white.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest Being a vampire is great in eso. Been a vampire ever since I started playing. First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.

Savage Feeding: After feeding, your target is off balance for 5s and stunned for 4 seconds.

It's still there, you need to invest the skill points for it to work.

Jeremy wrote: »

There is a myth floating around on these forums that the fire resist penalty isn't a big deal, so Vampire is OP. That's bull mess. In fact, it's more of an encumbrance in PvE than it is an advantage. For those who want to argue with me about that - go tank something like Veteran Falkreath Keep as a stage 4 Vampire then get back with me.

It's too bad there isn't a way to simply turn Vampire on or off depending on if you are doing PvP or not. And to be honest, it's not even all that great for PvP. But it is the only way I've been able to come up with a half decent defensive build that doesn't just suck - and Mistform is really the only escape move that has a prayer of working at least some of the time (at least for a Templar that is).

Ive personally tanked Vet Falkreath Hold HM on my stage 4 vamp tank and I was fine... If you're having issues with the flame damage, carrying some double bloody mara and going down to stage 3 will make it easier, and youll still have access to undeath and the recovery passives :smile: Vampire is fine for pve imo, it's in pvp where it's a problem. If you dont absolutely need mist form, it's a huge detriment since Dawnbreaker hits you like a freight train and flame - the most popular element - hits really hard. Maybe a 5-10% decrease at the top stage (scaling down among the lower stages) would be in order to help it be more useful in PvP and at the same time making it a bit better for pve without it being OP.
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Give us the option to toggle off the damn vampire skin.

Give us the gap closer all the NPC vamps have.

Let mistform last longer and mitigate fall damage.

Invisibility please.

For fun cash shop stuff:
    cloud of bats like the murder of crows we got awhile back.
    bat pet!
    bats like the ones in the caves of DB as housing decorations
    A set that procs bats like the one that procs crows would be nice too!
    A vampire personality that isn't ridiculous and over the top like so many of the others are.

Dont necessarily agree with turning off the vampire skin - i think having vampirism should effect how your toon looks. You could just wear a skin to hide the appearance if you dont like it. Id like to see them maybe update the look of the vamp skin - in the right outfit it looks cool but alot of other times... not so much lol. A visual update for that could definitely be in order. In terms of the other things, id love to see a bunch of that stuff! There is a teleport on the Clouding Swarm ult, but it simply pales in comparison to Devouring, so either adding a separate skill for the gap closer or just making Clouding swarm more useful would go a long way.

Could definitely see mist form having 1 sec extra on its duration, or even a small cost reduction if they keep it the same. and i like the fall damage idea.

I think adding the invis is a poor idea personally - takes away from the uniqueness of NBs.

and alot of those cash shop ideas (house items, personality, etc) and a magicka version of Unfalthomable Darkness that uses bats are definitely cool, +1 to those.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can Vampires get a Death Hound summon that deals Ice Damage?
    Argonian forever
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is more a passive skill line werewolf not.
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    Since when the heck do vampires freeze? Vampires aren’t supposed to freeze.
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    And true that vampires are more passive than where wolves, but vampires should still get really strong op abilities to go with it just like werewolves. I sarcastically love how pvpers don’t see a problem with werewolves not being nerfed meanwhile is pvers and vampires get nerfed for everything. At least go Back to how vampires used to be.
    Edited by Strykerous on December 15, 2018 4:28PM
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    Also I disagree about the whole turning on/off your vampire skin because realistically, once your a vampire, you can never go back.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    tbh I stopped caring about being vampire the moment most dungeons started spewing fire in probably each dungeon... it is rly a pain when I need to either bite or have drink ready each time there is a dungeon with some fire boss inside it...

But ye I totally agree that since we had werewolf buffed a lot why not buff the vamp now? Heck I would even make a BG mode where it would be Vamps vs Werewolves =P

Agreed. They love putting massive fire damage in dungeons. I did a Veteran City of Ash II today as my stage 1 Vampire tank instead of my usual stage 4 vampire. The difference was night and day. I was actually able to solo the last bit of Valkyn Skoria's health after the rest of the group wiped (they were new, first timers). That's something I seriously doubt my stage 4 vampire tank could have done - especially if I made any mistakes.

So those who dismiss that 25% more fire damage on Vampire, go tank some of those fire dungeons like City of Ash II or even better try a Falkreath Keep on veteran. You'll see what a difference it makes.

• Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    And btw, except for the skin on/off thing, I like Monablains ideas as well.
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    And btw dottzgaming, I know what those abilities do already and I have points invested and it doesn’t stun do to pvpers crying like little babies “nerf” when things don’t go their way.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest Being a vampire is great in eso. Been a vampire ever since I started playing. First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?

Savage Feeding: After feeding, your target is off balance for 5s and stunned for 4 seconds.

Jeremy wrote: »

Ive personally tanked Vet Falkreath Hold HM on my stage 4 vamp tank and I was fine... If you're having issues with the flame damage, carrying some double bloody mara and going down to stage 3 will make it easier, and youll still have access to undeath and the recovery passives :smile: Vampire is fine for pve imo, it's in pvp where it's a problem. If you dont absolutely need mist form, it's a huge detriment since Dawnbreaker hits you like a freight train and flame - the most popular element - hits really hard. Maybe a 5-10% decrease at the top stage (scaling down among the lower stages) would be in order to help it be more useful in PvP and at the same time making it a bit better for pve without it being OP.
    Give us the option to toggle off the damn vampire skin.

Give us the gap closer all the NPC vamps have.

Let mistform last longer and mitigate fall damage.

Invisibility please.

For fun cash shop stuff:
    cloud of bats like the murder of crows we got awhile back.
    bat pet!
    bats like the ones in the caves of DB as housing decorations
    A set that procs bats like the one that procs crows would be nice too!
    A vampire personality that isn't ridiculous and over the top like so many of the others are.

Dont necessarily agree with turning off the vampire skin - i think having vampirism should effect how your toon looks. You could just wear a skin to hide the appearance if you dont like it. Id like to see them maybe update the look of the vamp skin - in the right outfit it looks cool but alot of other times... not so much lol. A visual update for that could definitely be in order. In terms of the other things, id love to see a bunch of that stuff! There is a teleport on the Clouding Swarm ult, but it simply pales in comparison to Devouring, so either adding a separate skill for the gap closer or just making Clouding swarm more useful would go a long way.

Could definitely see mist form having 1 sec extra on its duration, or even a small cost reduction if they keep it the same. and i like the fall damage idea.

I think adding the invis is a poor idea personally - takes away from the uniqueness of NBs.

and alot of those cash shop ideas (house items, personality, etc) and a magicka version of Unfalthomable Darkness that uses bats are definitely cool, +1 to those.

You might have been "fine" but I won't believe you if you say you couldn't tell a difference. Because that 25% increased damage taken does. And a big one.

And it's really not fine for PvE. The vampire abilities are pretty worthless in PvE so all it basically does is cripple your fire resistance for no significant advantage. So players who like to use Vampire for PvP are burdened with it. I'll never understand why anyone would use Vampire for just PvE unless they just like the look of it (which I'm sure many do). Or perhaps the stealth bonus if they play as a sneaky character. That I could see. But that measly 10% more regen does not make up for the amount of incoming damage you will take in my opinion. Not even close.

It would be nice if they just let you turn it off or on depending on if you were doing PvP or not. Dealing with that "feeding crap" is annoying. But I guess I"ll start doing it because I'm done dealing with that extra fire damage and I don't want to give up my Vampire for PvP. Sure, it's not as good as it should be - but it's still better than anything my native tool kit has for PvP.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 15, 2018 4:50PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like vampirism as it is. No need to update.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sendrik wrote: »
    Ive been playing as a vampire for months and i loved it.
    Loved the pale skin and red eyes,the mist form,the need to drink blood....i liked the style and,,feel''of playing a vampire.
    But since im a stamina DD,being a vampire was absolutely useless for me.
    I think you could have some use for the passives or mist form if youre more the tanky stamina type,but i didnt have much use for it,besides using mist form to get out of dangerous situations sometimes,but thats all.
    So,sadly,i became a werewolf and noticed a HUGE difference,i felt much stronger as a rank 1/10 werewolf with no skills unlocked,than i felt as a vampire,using the vampire active and passive skills,at rank 10.
    Tried to make the best out of it.....i kinda like being a ww now,but i often think about my time as a vampire :/

I dont know much about the use of being a vampire with a magicka build since i only play stamina characters,but nothing about the vampires skill tree screamed,,uh,i totally want that if im going to make a magicka char!''
    I often see vampires in pvp but they never made me feel like im missing out on something really useful or cool.

So i agree,vampires need to feel more powerful and they need more,,style''.
    When i think of a vampire,i dont exactly think of a mage(despite vampires being able to use magic),more like a powerful monster with inhuman strenght and speed when it comes to combat,and a somewhat elegant and classy behavior.
    But its clear that eso is going after a different route and wanted the vampire to be more of a magicka friendly thing,contrary to their ww counterparts.
    Still,some fancy teleport attacks where you punch or bite someone,would be really cool,or a transformation....or just a cooler feeding animation.
    On the other side,there is a werewolf themed DLC,a werewolf polymorph and other cool stuff.

As a mag sorc I literally use NONE of my vampire skills and keep myself at Stage One fro the better fire resist. Why be a vampire then? Because I want to be, mostly for the same reasons you describe. It's got a fun vibe...but really zero utility outside of PvP... and there are plenty of players who think it's not so great for that either.

Agreed 100%.

For PvP it has some uses. But for PvE it's just a burden. I'm going to have to start doing the same thing you are and keep my vampire at stage 1 as well.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I have two vampires, but so far, I am unable to comment on the skills because it is taking f o r e v e r to level the skill-line.
    I haven't even hit level two with either of them yet.

But yeah, the "garden hose" effect of draining a victim looks weird, and it feels even more off-kilter to be able to run around without any problem during daylight hours.

Just slot vampire ability while doing daily random, it will skyrocket to level 10 in few daily rewards.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never made a vampire, and a big part of the reason is appearance. If I felt I absolutely had to, I'd probably pick some heavy armor costume (or outfit) that completely hides my character's face.

Level 1 gives nice pale touch and you can always reach level 4 fast if needed.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got bored with my vampire so I drove a stake through his heart. Also they are far too ugly to look at.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also I disagree about the whole turning on/off your vampire skin because realistically, once your a vampire, you can never go back.

While I agree that "vampirism should be forever" it is a fact of the lore that many vampires CAN and DO look like regular mortals, typically so long as they remain well fed. This is also true of many of the NPC vampires we see in game. In a best case scenario vampires would have 5 stages instead of 4 with Stage 1 makingthem look exactly as they did BEFORE contracting vampirism. But this is apparently more work than ZOS is willing to do.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires need a power boost. 10% regen and mistform are nowhere near comparable to the power of werewolfs, while vampires have considerably more drawback than wolves.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO vampires have upside-down feeding.

They should be strongest when fully fed, not the other way around.

It's ludicrous.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, it still stuns.

I play 4 to 5 hours of pvp a day. Never ever do I see someone use this skill. Please don't blame PVP-ers for everything.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Video is abit old, but this might be floating about for the future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEwh9wxOGA
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?

what? i do pvp only and i have been hit by this ability only few times