The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We need to stop being so lenient in regards to this game absolutely abysmal performance

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a 9 page thread outlining the high ping and lag for OC players. This was created by ZOS when they used akami security. OC players have trace routes showing us getting routed through Netherlands. Ya thats right Netherlands. Long way from OC to USA.

At launch ping was 180 for OC players. Now its over 300. ZOS created this and completely ignores the OC players complaints. I mean not 1 comment in the 9 page thread with the problem clearly outlined for them. OC players have done all the research into the problem and all ZOS has to do is give OC players a direct route to USA, not through EU.

Clearly OC players are not the target demographic which is ironic since they just visited Australia and currently advertise the game here.

So the result is pressure/ridicule/complaints are all ignored. Money talks.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 7 year old pc the game runs like a dream for me in ultra 60 fps stable.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    If you feel so strongly why dont you apply for a job with Zenimax Online so you can do something about this yourself.

Surely even you can recognize the absurdity of this proposition.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    This is not normal. It's almost impossible to PvP in the weekends. I even get lag in trials. It's uncommon for even a single trial to proceed without one of its members disconnecting. The game is riddled with bugs that don't get fixed for weeks on end.

Why are we not putting more pressure about how to fix this game?

There is a recent thread that outlined for them a problem and a temporary fix. On page three of the thread ZOS acknowledges there is an issue and they are working on a fix. Later in the thread a player tells us a Addon that is designed to apply the temp fix that can be used until a permanent one is done.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag/p1

ArkadiusGuildRosterUpdateBlock is the addon

Now this has helped several of us with some issues, it's not a be all fix, nor will all be noticeably helped. Encouraging is that ZOS responded quickly in testing, confirming and publicly acknowledging the issue. It remains to be seen how much more is needed to be done once this is resolved.

I can tell as one with a borderline PC this has helped me greatly. I have recovered about 20% CPU usage, shorten load screens, improved fps and game performance in high traffic areas, environmental effects and near PVP by using the temp fix and now the addon. I prefer the addon as it is automatic & seems to work better but that may just be me.

One thing I did forget previously is that I also run VotansAdvanceSettings addon. Am I getting excellent results because of both the Votan's and applying the GuildRoster Fix? IDK.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    We need to stop being lenient on more than performance. Performance is only part of the issue, albeit a large part. How Zenimax treats the game in general needs to be ridiculed. Performance, bugs, stability, balance, monetisation, frequency of updates, how they interact with the community, laziness in any form of non-casual content. The whole shebang.

I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here, especially since this thread echoes my own sentiments. I feel as if the vast majority of the community, and even Zenimax themselves, have adopted a sense of indifference to the quality of the game. You bring up anything negative, and the best case scenario, you just receive a glorified "meh." They don't care that the game could be in a hugely better state. Whether it be genuine indifference to the state of the game, or whether it's because none of these issues affect them, or because they're satisfied with the few positives the game offers. Either way, the vast majority of the community can be summed up in one word: meh.

This mindset is toxic to the game. It is the reason why Bethesda has been slipping for years when it comes to Fallout, Elder Scrolls, the Creation Engine, or even their own customer interaction. It is the reason why FO76 is as disappointing as it is. Bethesda does not care about delivering a quality product anymore. They have adopted a mindset of indifference, a mindset of good-enough-ness. And I feel both Zenimax and the community are adopting the same mindset.

I think this completely misses the point that for a large number of players there really is nothing wrong with the game.

As a non-competitive PvE player who doesn't therefore do PvP or Trials, and who doesn't do group dungeons either (or use addons), I have played since PC launch without any significant performance or other issues. I've encountered a couple of bugged quests about 3-4 years ago, one of which was fixed by re-taking it, and one of which was fixed in the following patch.

Having played a great many MMORPGs since 1998 I can honestly say that for me this is as good and smooth-running as any of them and better than most of them. I simply don't experience any of the issues you raise in the opening paragraph of your post - but if I did, I wouldn't still be here to be honest. So it isn't that a lot of us are willing to put up with a sub-standard game, rather it's that for us it's a top-notch game. That isn't true for everyone, I fully understand that, and I sympathise with those who do suffer problems with the game but focus on addressing ZOS over those problems rather than insulting those who claim in all genuineness not to suffer them.
    Edited by Tandor on December 10, 2018 9:33AM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that this game has a ridiculous amount of bugs and bad performance compared to most other MMOS, but sadly the only thing I believe that would truly get ZOS' attention would be if enough people stopped playing the game and cancelled their subscriptions. As others have mentioned, hundreds of other threads have been posted but more often than not it feels as though they fall on deaf ears.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. 100% agreement.

But the only way to get improvements is to nag in the forums and do not buy crowns anymore or/and eso+.
    A little bit sad :smile:

EDIT: Wouldn't quit ESO because playing it is still enough fun :smile: BUT I dont need cosmetic stuff, because during server maintenance and loading screens of death, all my characters are looking the same :disappointed:
    Edited by Lisutaris on December 10, 2018 11:23AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    We need to stop being lenient on more than performance. Performance is only part of the issue, albeit a large part. How Zenimax treats the game in general needs to be ridiculed. Performance, bugs, stability, balance, monetisation, frequency of updates, how they interact with the community, laziness in any form of non-casual content. The whole shebang.

I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here, especially since this thread echoes my own sentiments. I feel as if the vast majority of the community, and even Zenimax themselves, have adopted a sense of indifference to the quality of the game. You bring up anything negative, and the best case scenario, you just receive a glorified "meh." They don't care that the game could be in a hugely better state. Whether it be genuine indifference to the state of the game, or whether it's because none of these issues affect them, or because they're satisfied with the few positives the game offers. Either way, the vast majority of the community can be summed up in one word: meh.

This mindset is toxic to the game. It is the reason why Bethesda has been slipping for years when it comes to Fallout, Elder Scrolls, the Creation Engine, or even their own customer interaction. It is the reason why FO76 is as disappointing as it is. Bethesda does not care about delivering a quality product anymore. They have adopted a mindset of indifference, a mindset of good-enough-ness. And I feel both Zenimax and the community are adopting the same mindset.

I think this completely misses the point that for a large number of players there really is nothing wrong with the game.

As a non-competitive PvE player who doesn't therefore do PvP or Trials, and who doesn't do group dungeons either (or use addons), I have played since PC launch without any significant performance or other issues. I've encountered a couple of bugged quests about 3-4 years ago, one of which was fixed by re-taking it, and one of which was fixed in the following patch.

Having played a great many MMORPGs since 1998 I can honestly say that for me this is as good and smooth-running as any of them and better than most of them. I simply don't experience any of the issues you raise in the opening paragraph of your post - but if I did, I wouldn't still be here to be honest. So it isn't that a lot of us are willing to put up with a sub-standard game, rather it's that for us it's a top-notch game. That isn't true for everyone, I fully understand that, and I sympathise with those who do suffer problems with the game but focus on addressing ZOS over those problems rather than insulting those who claim in all genuineness not to suffer them.

There really is nothing wrong with the game because either you aren't looking, or aren't affected by it. Problems don't just go away by pretending they don't exist, which is what the people I'm referring to are doing: pretending the problem doesn't exist.

To bring it to home, I don't experience severe famish. I don't experience the harsh weather that comes without sufficient shelter. I don't experience chronic pain caused by some conditions. Does this mean these problems don't exist? Further, does that mean we shouldn't care?

You may not experience the issues I'm referring to, you may not care about them. But I do. And so do many, many others. The entire PVP community experiences this issues and care about them deeply. It is the entire reason why the PVP community is but a sliver of what it used to be years ago.

Those affected, are affected at an adverse level. Bugs like sprint bug, break free state bug, break free failing to work, skills failing to cast several times in a row, ultimates disappearing, certain ultimates (such as DK's leap) failing to land against players, health desyncs, BG groups simply not filling even after waiting 10+ minutes, knockback causing you to slide on your ass for several seconds, and many, many more.

All of these bugs, in one way or another, have gotten me killed.

Sprint bug and break free state bug both have locked me out of using my heals while kiting enemies in PVP.

Break free failing to work has left me open to attacks I otherwise could have dealt with.

Skills failing to cast several times in a row, for the same reason as sprint bug and break free bug, have gotten me killed, either by letting off my offense, or preventing me from going on defense.

Leap is horrendously buggy against moving targets, often to the point where it simply doesn't land.

Health desync can have multiple Snipe's land within half a second (video evidence has been provided many times in these forums).

BG queues force me to eat the 20 minute penalty, even when the match didn't even start.

Knockback has gotten me killed in both BG's and vMA, either by causing me to slide into lava in the middle of a BG match, or by causing me to slide off the top ring, plummeting down where a daedroth is waiting for me.

All of them have gotten me killed, and I am not the only one affected by this. Just have to look at a PVP-centric stream, and you'll likely see a few of these bugs. Because you aren't affected by these bugs, should Zenimax ignore them? Even though they're adversely affecting my experience?

I absolutely hate questing. I find it incredibly boring and monotonous. Yet if a bug where affecting your experience questing, I'd be rallying behind you guys, defending your experience.
    but if I did, I wouldn't still be here to be honest

I've stopped playing the game. Slowed down shortly after Murkmire dropped, because it just made the game so much of a drag for me. Still logged in to do my dailies, but only actually played for a couple days in about a month.

Since this latest event started, though, I've officially quit playing. PVP is just in a depressing state right now, sucking the fun out of the game, what with the absolutely atrocious snare meta going on right now, the downright broken state of the game with bugs all over the place, premades completely dominating the top MMR brackets in BG's, and the latest queue fiasco -- yes, even though this event was for PVE, this affected PVP too, I'd legit have to hit 'f' 20-30 times because "somebody declined the queue". I still want to play, but every time I do, I find myself just getting more and more upset with the state of the game, so why subject myself to that?

And I won't start playing again until *** changes. First and foremost, performance and stability. This is the root of the issue. The game performs horribly, with latency spiking out the ass any time even a breeze kicks up in an instance, and gameplay is riddled with bugs that impact my experience in such a hugely negative way. Focus on these two things, before you even think of doing anything else.

EDIT: I just want to get it out there: I don't mean for this to be a personal attack against you. I think my first few sentences are a bit harsh, but I'll keep them, because they have to be said. Nothing against you, but I've heard this reasoning so many times. Somebody says that they don't understand why we're so hard on Zenimax, that they have no issues, and that we should let up. Somebody like me then comes along, points out these issues that affect us, and we're met with "but only a handful of players have these issues." This mindset is part of the problem, and it needs to be addressed. The forums aren't too bad for this, but if you jump into the subreddit, this mindset is rampant, to the point where merely listing negatives like I have can get you downvoted.
    Edited by jcm2606 on December 10, 2018 11:45AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just buy more crowns store crap. Surely with that income, zos will do something about the lag issues.

Didn't Wroeble or whatever his name is say that they were going to focus on performance, specifically pvp, right before the summerset realease?

Wasn't that what the midyear mayhem event was originally for? To find out what was causing the lack of performance?

How is that going Zos?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    This is not normal. It's almost impossible to PvP in the weekends. I even get lag in trials. It's uncommon for even a single trial to proceed without one of its members disconnecting. The game is riddled with bugs that don't get fixed for weeks on end.

Why are we not putting more pressure about how to fix this game?

I see threads criticizing the game's performance every time I visit the board. So I'm not sure how else players can put pressure on them.

What do you propose?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a fair point.

But Cyrodil is pretty God-awful right now. The lag can kill you - or annoy you to the point you wish your character was dead. And some abilities - even in PvE - have been nerfed/buffed/nerfed/buffed/nerfed with to the point they are starting to lag as well. For example: my poor "Jesus Beam" has been tinkered with by the developers to the point sometimes it can't even figure out if it wants to fire or not - and will just sit there for a few seconds doing nothing.

I suspect they keep inserting new code to "balance" things and that's what is causing the problems.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    We have been. There have been thousands of threads over the years. They simply do not care or understand. Why? Probably because when they do their “testing” they get about 10ms ping time as they’re wired to the servers or something. So the only way to try to get it through to them is to unsub and stop spending money on the game.

To this point, for more than a year players have been reporting about the GF issue. Tagging Zos along the way.

The thread below clearly explains the issue. That it happens even with a full group.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439291/someone-declined-the-invite-you-were-placed-at-the-front-of-the-queue#latest

Yes Zos stated this past week they thought they had fixed the GF issue (which would have been last year). That means they ignored a great many threads.

This is happening for the same reasons this game launched in such a horrid state. It is an issue at the management level.

"It is an issue at the management level." This is the issue! Management can only $$$.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, word of mouth kept me from even trying this game until the beginning of 2016. Every review, forum, blurb, etc said the game was trash regarding bugs/glitches etc. It wasn't until a friend told me it was improved and a few forums said the same (and a very dry spot on single player rpgs )that I gave it a shot. Zos needs to look into performance before everywhere you look people are claiming the game is trash again. Players do read reviews, cringe at the YouTube videos showing the lagg, etc. If word were to hit every gaming output about certain parts of eso it could chase away potential new players before they start.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they want to drive PVPers off. Maybe they want to starve out that playstyle because it's not profitable. Or maybe they can rig up a spinoff game for PVP . But there sure do seem to be a lot of issues (that I'm simply not seeing in the main game) and a lot of complaints.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the people here make good points, but I can tell you this. If it was a simple solution it would be done. What is fixing the "lag" caused quests to stop working as intended or skills to not proc. This sounds silly but it has happened on other MMOs
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered maybe they're server code does not allow them to fix this without breaking other things? I'm soaking from a developer my self, most of the time when we fixed something we started a fire somewhere else.
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered maybe they're server code does not allow them to fix this without breaking other things? I'm soaking from a developer my self, most of the time when we fixed something we started a fire somewhere else.

They “fix” things and break a plethora of other things every patch so it would be status quo.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they want to drive PVPers off. Maybe they want to starve out that playstyle because it's not profitable. Or maybe they can rig up a spinoff game for PVP . But there sure do seem to be a lot of issues (that I'm simply not seeing in the main game) and a lot of complaints.

Yet is also effects pve trial players almost as bad. Do they want to run off the end game trial runners too for it?

If you want to quest and do stuff like that why not just play modded Skyrim where you don’t have to worry about other people?
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying this for a long time: Just speak with your wallet. They only listen to money.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭

Yet is also effects pve trial players almost as bad. Do they want to run off the end game trial runners too for it?

I dunno, are trials a profitable sector of the game?

If you want to quest and do stuff like that why not just play modded Skyrim where you don’t have to worry about other people?

But I don't have any problems with the game. I like the bustling cities and the crafting and the housing and the questing. Things are fine and shiny in the filthy casual world of PVE. I'm not the one who should perhaps be considering another game.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No business wants to drive customers off, and PvPer's are as crown-store-decked-out as any RP'er or PvEer I've ever seen. There's only so much complaining you can do, politely, and it seems to accomplish little to nothing. It rarely even accomplishes a response from ZOS, much less any action on resolving anything.
    A lot of people have just accepted that it is what it is at this point, and they love the game so they keep playing and paying. The shame is that we seem to have a developer without pride in their work, just going through the motions.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Stop logging in, stop playing, stop buying ESO plus and stop using the crown store.

Sounds good on paper, but here's how that really works:

Players think ZOS says: OMG, people aren't buying/subbing any more! Let's fix the game as they suggest!

What ZOS really thinks: Hmm, sales are dropping, time to shift resources to our newer games.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im curious about something. If you dont run trials or pvp then what do you do? You say youve played a great many mmorpgs since 1998, and you dont do anything competitive in eso, so what is there? Because ive played a fair amount of mmos and so many of them do things like questing, quest rewards, achievement hunting, in game collection hunting (such as mounts, transmog, pets, etc), and giving you a real sense of achievement, better than eso does.

The one thing i think eso has over any mmo ive ever played is the combat. That and i like the world/lore, but the combat is flawless when it works. And to be fair there are plenty of mmos that do everything much worse than eso. But it just makes me wonder that if you arent here for the end game pve/pvp then what are you here for?

I guess its all preference at the end of the day. I just feel like for me personally if I was going to play an mmorpg for something like the RP community, or achievement/collection hunting, Id play something like wow. But again, im just curious.

And like the OP said in another post, most of us dont want to see any part of this game ruined. If there was a bug that made people unable to do these quests, that i do not enjoy, i would be there to fight for it to be fixed for them. Or anything. Wrong is wrong and leaving cyrodil broken, and even worse not acknowledging that the issue exists, is 100% wrong. Its wrong for trials too but at least they acknowledge that there is a problem with trials.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »

Im curious about something. If you dont run trials or pvp then what do you do? You say youve played a great many mmorpgs since 1998, and you dont do anything competitive in eso, so what is there? Because ive played a fair amount of mmos and so many of them do things like questing, quest rewards, achievement hunting, in game collection hunting (such as mounts, transmog, pets, etc), and giving you a real sense of achievement, better than eso does.

The one thing i think eso has over any mmo ive ever played is the combat. That and i like the world/lore, but the combat is flawless when it works. And to be fair there are plenty of mmos that do everything much worse than eso. But it just makes me wonder that if you arent here for the end game pve/pvp then what are you here for?

I guess its all preference at the end of the day. I just feel like for me personally if I was going to play an mmorpg for something like the RP community, or achievement/collection hunting, Id play something like wow. But again, im just curious.

And like the OP said in another post, most of us dont want to see any part of this game ruined. If there was a bug that made people unable to do these quests, that i do not enjoy, i would be there to fight for it to be fixed for them. Or anything. Wrong is wrong and leaving cyrodil broken, and even worse not acknowledging that the issue exists, is 100% wrong. Its wrong for trials too but at least they acknowledge that there is a problem with trials.

Ugh. I wouldn't do end game anything to save my neck. I really dislike that sort of job. Yeah, it's a JOB. And guess what? I'm retired (for the third time.... don't ask...)

Those who find competition a wonderful way to play games just leave me shaking my head. I don't have a competitive bone in my body. You do what you think is fun, and I'll do what I think is fun - which is crafting, exploring, hoping to find some quests that don't require me to kill mini-bosses that are harder than the Duchess while trying to manage 2000 ms lag (since my only available connection is satellite....) - just to play a TES game that happens to be an MMO.

Each to her own.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    Well: besides of this: Is anyone playing at ultra? The performance tweek for this is out since today Forget the ingame showed fps.. They lag for some reason.
    Edited by Atreidus on December 11, 2018 2:15AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always played at ultra. *shrug*
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please help me. I can't figure out how to leave Cyrodiil, but Cyrodiil is so laggy that I can't buy anything from the crown store!

There maybe ZOS will care now.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Great_M
    Great_M
    ✭✭
    I wrote a essay why eso is in this state but then I thought WHY!!
    My only advice is don’t walk away, RUN!!!!
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump

I'm with yall.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There really is nothing wrong with the game because either you aren't looking, or aren't affected by it. Problems don't just go away by pretending they don't exist, which is what the people I'm referring to are doing: pretending the problem doesn't exist.

To bring it to home, I don't experience severe famish. I don't experience the harsh weather that comes without sufficient shelter. I don't experience chronic pain caused by some conditions. Does this mean these problems don't exist? Further, does that mean we shouldn't care?

You may not experience the issues I'm referring to, you may not care about them. But I do. And so do many, many others. The entire PVP community experiences this issues and care about them deeply. It is the entire reason why the PVP community is but a sliver of what it used to be years ago.

Those affected, are affected at an adverse level. Bugs like sprint bug, break free state bug, break free failing to work, skills failing to cast several times in a row, ultimates disappearing, certain ultimates (such as DK's leap) failing to land against players, health desyncs, BG groups simply not filling even after waiting 10+ minutes, knockback causing you to slide on your ass for several seconds, and many, many more.

All of these bugs, in one way or another, have gotten me killed.

Sprint bug and break free state bug both have locked me out of using my heals while kiting enemies in PVP.

Break free failing to work has left me open to attacks I otherwise could have dealt with.

Skills failing to cast several times in a row, for the same reason as sprint bug and break free bug, have gotten me killed, either by letting off my offense, or preventing me from going on defense.

Leap is horrendously buggy against moving targets, often to the point where it simply doesn't land.

Health desync can have multiple Snipe's land within half a second (video evidence has been provided many times in these forums).

BG queues force me to eat the 20 minute penalty, even when the match didn't even start.

Knockback has gotten me killed in both BG's and vMA, either by causing me to slide into lava in the middle of a BG match, or by causing me to slide off the top ring, plummeting down where a daedroth is waiting for me.

All of them have gotten me killed, and I am not the only one affected by this. Just have to look at a PVP-centric stream, and you'll likely see a few of these bugs. Because you aren't affected by these bugs, should Zenimax ignore them? Even though they're adversely affecting my experience?

I absolutely hate questing. I find it incredibly boring and monotonous. Yet if a bug where affecting your experience questing, I'd be rallying behind you guys, defending your experience.
    but if I did, I wouldn't still be here to be honest

I've stopped playing the game. Slowed down shortly after Murkmire dropped, because it just made the game so much of a drag for me. Still logged in to do my dailies, but only actually played for a couple days in about a month.

Since this latest event started, though, I've officially quit playing. PVP is just in a depressing state right now, sucking the fun out of the game, what with the absolutely atrocious snare meta going on right now, the downright broken state of the game with bugs all over the place, premades completely dominating the top MMR brackets in BG's, and the latest queue fiasco -- yes, even though this event was for PVE, this affected PVP too, I'd legit have to hit 'f' 20-30 times because "somebody declined the queue". I still want to play, but every time I do, I find myself just getting more and more upset with the state of the game, so why subject myself to that?

And I won't start playing again until *** changes. First and foremost, performance and stability. This is the root of the issue. The game performs horribly, with latency spiking out the ass any time even a breeze kicks up in an instance, and gameplay is riddled with bugs that impact my experience in such a hugely negative way. Focus on these two things, before you even think of doing anything else.

EDIT: I just want to get it out there: I don't mean for this to be a personal attack against you. I think my first few sentences are a bit harsh, but I'll keep them, because they have to be said. Nothing against you, but I've heard this reasoning so many times. Somebody says that they don't understand why we're so hard on Zenimax, that they have no issues, and that we should let up. Somebody like me then comes along, points out these issues that affect us, and we're met with "but only a handful of players have these issues." This mindset is part of the problem, and it needs to be addressed. The forums aren't too bad for this, but if you jump into the subreddit, this mindset is rampant, to the point where merely listing negatives like I have can get you downvoted.

That's all fine and dandy, but the fact remains that you criticise the community for putting up with a substandard game when for many people it isn't substandard. Some do have problems with it, and some of those problems may be down to the game and some may not be, but that doesn't make it right to take out your frustrations on other players. Address the problems with the people who can sort them, not with the people who don't have them.

Where are you playing from, and through which ISP and on what server? What hardware are you using? What software including which addons if on PC? Wireless or wired internet connection, mouse and keyboard etc? What drivers - new and untested or old and trusted? There are so many variables that the fact that not everyone has these problems - not even everyone who PvP's or does Trials - that it's got to be worth looking at other options than just lambasting ZOS and fellow players.

However, it has to be recognised that while this game offers PvP, it is very much a PvE centred game based on a PvE IP. I do wonder why those pure PvPers who hate PvE with a passion consider this a remotely suitable game when there are so many other more PvP oriented games out there. Even if the PvP performance was totally fixed for everyone, regardless of their platform and continent etc, those particular players would still be unhappy with the PvE element and lobbying to get it nerfed into oblivion so they could jump straight into endgame PvP - when perhaps it just isn't their sort of game in the first place.

Lastly, don't worry about your comments being seen as a personal attack. If that sort of thing worried me I wouldn't have frequented game forums including playing a part in manning technical forums these past 20 years :smile: !

• Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great_M wrote: »
    I wrote a essay why eso is in this state but then I thought WHY!!
    My only advice is don’t walk away, RUN!!!!

Why? I'm still having fun. I'll stay until I don't enjoy it any more