The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

We need to stop being so lenient in regards to this game absolutely abysmal performance

gabriebe
gabriebe
✭✭✭✭✭
This is not normal. It's almost impossible to PvP in the weekends. I even get lag in trials. It's uncommon for even a single trial to proceed without one of its members disconnecting. The game is riddled with bugs that don't get fixed for weeks on end.

Why are we not putting more pressure about how to fix this game?
Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been. There have been thousands of threads over the years. They simply do not care or understand. Why? Probably because when they do their “testing” they get about 10ms ping time as they’re wired to the servers or something. So the only way to try to get it through to them is to unsub and stop spending money on the game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sort of "pressure" do you want us to do that isn't going to get this thread moderated for violating forum rules?

I mean, at least you've got the "create a complaint thread" step covered, along with hundreds of others.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone considered maybe they're server code does not allow them to fix this without breaking other things? I'm soaking from a developer my self, most of the time when we fixed something we started a fire somewhere else.
    Edited by jircris11 on December 10, 2018 6:52PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. While I sympathize with your concerns, 'we' don't all play PvP nor run trials so 'we' don't all experience noticeable lag.

2. Pressure? My goodness, the forum is loaded with angry complaint threads about . . . well, a vast number of things.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... I'm going to have to parrot some folks here....

If you want things to change, you must stop paying/buying.

Now, for me, I'm not having any of these issues. I despise pvp, so I don't give a rat's patoot if pvp dies in a conflagration the likes of which the world has never yet seen, preferably this instant. But if pvp is what floats your boat, then your only option would seem to be stop spending real money on this game.

Other than that, the only real issues I have personally are ALL ON MY END. I have satellite for connect - that's it, there is no other option and it's so far from optimal that y'all will NEVER get it. Regardless, this game is very much fun. And I'm perfectly happy to drop more than US $100 a month on it. I'm retired - right now, this game is my hobby.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. While I sympathize with your concerns, 'we' don't all play PvP nor run trials so 'we' don't all experience noticeable lag.

This is why nothing will ever get done about performance. Once you move out of the casual quester demographic, you’ll find the minority of players. The ones who want to play, at a minimum, at a semi-hardcore level.

ZOS isn’t interested in those players’ experience. They’re here to make a beautifully crafted world with memorable characters at the expense of performance in group activities.
    Edited by Anrose on December 10, 2018 2:34AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials have been unplayable for me for years.

If you truly want to tell ZOS that this isn’t good enough, there’s only one true way.

Stop logging in, stop playing, stop buying ESO plus and stop using the crown store.
    Edited by MattT1988 on December 10, 2018 2:32AM
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last I checked they are still hiring in areas that would might effect those areas of the game. So part of it might be due to not having more people on the team to work on those issues more. As well as not being able to fix all issues quickly and other issues coming from trying to fix them. Also not everyone is getting the lag in things like trials (i cant say much for pvp cause i dont play it and 'pvp' could mean cyro or BGs) so some of it can relate to your platform, your particular machine and how well it runs the game, your internet service or your wifi card. I'm not saying ALL lag is just on the players end cause that's far from the truth but lots of people DC because they have bad ping because of either their internet service. people in oceania tend to use NA servers and have bad ping on most mmos not just ESO.
  • Moushen
    Moushen
    ✭✭✭
    You have to vote with your money, I will not be spending anymore money here. The problem is finding a new MMO. I couldn't stand WoW 10 years ago, and can't stand it now. Anyone playing anything decent now?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

This is why nothing ell ever get done about performance. Once you move out of the casual quester demographic, you’ll find the minority of players. The ones who want to play, at a minimum, at a semi-hardcore level.

ZOS isn’t interested in those players’ experience. They’re here to make a beautifully crafted world with memorable characters at the expense of performance in group activities.

Well....

Good for ZOS.
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moushen wrote: »
    You have to vote with your money, I will not be spending anymore money here. The problem is finding a new MMO. I couldn't stand WoW 10 years ago, and can't stand it now. Anyone playing anything decent now?

Yeah. ESO.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some of my mates have moved to FF14. They reckon it *** all over Scrolls in certain aspects. I don’t really want to take on another MMO as gaming time is becoming a premium these days. Might be worth a look for you though. I don’t know if it’s better overall but if your certain that you don’t want to play Scrolls anymore, then FF14 might be worth a look.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    This is not normal. It's almost impossible to PvP in the weekends. I even get lag in trials. It's uncommon for even a single trial to proceed without one of its members disconnecting. The game is riddled with bugs that don't get fixed for weeks on end.

In the age of outrage most corporations are numb to the incessant bitching

Unless your'e suggesting something more drastic and then you might want to talk to someone about your issues.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely have issues. Most resolve themselves in short order. I have certainly seen no reason to sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where did you think this thread was going to lead us?
    serous question.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    We have been. There have been thousands of threads over the years. They simply do not care or understand. Why? Probably because when they do their “testing” they get about 10ms ping time as they’re wired to the servers or something. So the only way to try to get it through to them is to unsub and stop spending money on the game.

Yeah, been trying that since Mar 2015. Glad I haven't missed any significant fixes during the 3 years I haven't played.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Some of my mates have moved to FF14. They reckon it *** all over Scrolls in certain aspects. I don’t really want to take on another MMO as gaming time is becoming a premium these days. Might be worth a look for you though. I don’t know if it’s better overall but if your certain that you don’t want to play Scrolls anymore, then FF14 might be worth a look.

If they didn't like WoW - FFXIV is a WoW clone with an anime skin.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the crux(especially on consoles) not much else out there. If I weren't playing eso I'd probably just rebuild my pc and go play project 1999 or something.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

This is why nothing will ever get done about performance. Once you move out of the casual quester demographic, you’ll find the minority of players. The ones who want to play, at a minimum, at a semi-hardcore level.

i mean, that's not even bashing. i'm a fan and that seems correct to me.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need to stop being lenient on more than performance. Performance is only part of the issue, albeit a large part. How Zenimax treats the game in general needs to be ridiculed. Performance, bugs, stability, balance, monetisation, frequency of updates, how they interact with the community, laziness in any form of non-casual content. The whole shebang.

I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here, especially since this thread echoes my own sentiments. I feel as if the vast majority of the community, and even Zenimax themselves, have adopted a sense of indifference to the quality of the game. You bring up anything negative, and the best case scenario, you just receive a glorified "meh." They don't care that the game could be in a hugely better state. Whether it be genuine indifference to the state of the game, or whether it's because none of these issues affect them, or because they're satisfied with the few positives the game offers. Either way, the vast majority of the community can be summed up in one word: meh.

This mindset is toxic to the game. It is the reason why Bethesda has been slipping for years when it comes to Fallout, Elder Scrolls, the Creation Engine, or even their own customer interaction. It is the reason why FO76 is as disappointing as it is. Bethesda does not care about delivering a quality product anymore. They have adopted a mindset of indifference, a mindset of good-enough-ness. And I feel both Zenimax and the community are adopting the same mindset.
    Edited by jcm2606 on December 10, 2018 3:35AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need a VPN to update the game :frowning: Other than that, one or two disconnects. It's quite annoying and embarrassing though, esspecially when you can't log back in and your friends are waiting for you.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered maybe they're server code does not show them to fix this without breaking other things?

We don't have to care about this. The host of an MMO is in charge of fixing it, nobody else. And fixing things is one of their core obligations, although they write into their ToS that they are not under such obligation.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its been months now why does the whole of Elden Root still disappear when I walk from the writ drop off area to the wayshrine?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    We need to stop being lenient on more than performance. Performance is only part of the issue, albeit a large part. How Zenimax treats the game in general needs to be ridiculed. Performance, bugs, stability, balance, monetisation, frequency of updates, how they interact with the community, laziness in any form of non-casual content. The whole shebang.

I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here, especially since this thread echoes my own sentiments. I feel as if the vast majority of the community, and even Zenimax themselves, have adopted a sense of indifference to the quality of the game. You bring up anything negative, and the best case scenario, you just receive a glorified "meh." They don't care that the game could be in a hugely better state. Whether it be genuine indifference to the state of the game, or whether it's because none of these issues affect them, or because they're satisfied with the few positives the game offers. Either way, the vast majority of the community can be summed up in one word: meh.

This mindset is toxic to the game. It is the reason why Bethesda has been slipping for years when it comes to Fallout, Elder Scrolls, the Creation Engine, or even their own customer interaction. It is the reason why FO76 is as disappointing as it is. Bethesda does not care about delivering a quality product anymore. They have adopted a mindset of indifference, a mindset of good-enough-ness. And I feel both Zenimax and the community are adopting the same mindset.

Ya pretty much this. But the reason performance is the biggest issue, imo, is because it makes the best thing this game has, the combat system, irrelivent. But more than that, it is the biggest issue that is just completely ignored by the devs. They will not mention it. They will not comment on it. They will not update us on it. Unless its precious pve performance. Then they will give some acknowledgement and info. But cyrodil performance? Pvp performance? Nothing. Thousands upon thousands of threads, year after year, and maybe 1 in a million will get a response.

Ive never seen anything like it in my life. The problem is that it isnt affecting everyone. The trials community and mainly the pvp community. Some people dont have the issue at all and i think its the same reason that zos doesnt have the issue. Fios internet. Or very high, very expensive, internet. Ive talked to a few people with huge internet speeds that dont lag. Still i find it hard to believe that in a massive, 200+ person, fight that they dont lag. But most of us cant get those speeds.

Ive done everything in my power to make this game work on xbox. Upgraded my modem, xbox, router, internet speed to 400+, put the game on an external SSD, port forwarded my xbox. And still it only gets worse every update. If they had fios in my area i would have tried that. But i shouldnt have to. No one should have to. And anyone who doesnt care about the pvp or trial community, or any other community besides their own, is just selfish. When any part of the game is being destroyed, even if its not a part you enjoy, its still a shame.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If zos could only see how many players would return if they fixed their game...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

To this point, for more than a year players have been reporting about the GF issue. Tagging Zos along the way.

The thread below clearly explains the issue. That it happens even with a full group.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439291/someone-declined-the-invite-you-were-placed-at-the-front-of-the-queue#latest

Yes Zos stated this past week they thought they had fixed the GF issue (which would have been last year). That means they ignored a great many threads.

This is happening for the same reasons this game launched in such a horrid state. It is an issue at the management level.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sent dozens of scathing emails to support ingame. A few replies have basically said they are powerless to do anything and directed me to post my emails somewhere else they claim the developers read. I'd have to dig through all the old emails to see where. I asked them why they dont simply forward my mails. No reply as usual.
    Edited by Jameliel on December 10, 2018 6:53AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you feel so strongly why dont you apply for a job with Zenimax Online so you can do something about this yourself.

Either that, or just stop playing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »

In the age of outrage most corporations are numb to the incessant bitching

Unless your'e suggesting something more drastic and then you might want to talk to someone about your issues.

Lag, skill lag, super-high ping spikes, frequent disconnects and screen freezes etc. are far more common, in PVE, here than they are in other games I have played.

It is, therefore, not unreasonable to request some answers and action.

I wouldn't know about PVP here, as I don't do it.

Edited by Tigerseye on December 10, 2018 8:39AM
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

Couldnt agree more. AND when they get a litlle free pet they be, ohh all is soo goood :|
    I need TP for my ***!