The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REAL vs FAKE DPS

• HobosEverywear
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    Daimmyo wrote: »
    ESO is seriously suffering from lacking guidance through it's basic game mechanics, equipment and the way it should be used, all the little pieces that are important to put progressing character onto that level you are talking about (in game, but on the community level too).

If it was the other way around, you wouldn't be having all these debates and questions from confused people all over the place, and people under-performing in dungeons and what not - which is what this thread was about, isn't it?

The tutorial tells you everything you're supposed to know about skills, heavy attacks, light attacks, block, dodge, bash and stealth.

As for advanced mechanics, and I know it's radical, but bear with me...

..maybe, just maybe, as in every other MMO under the sun, you rely on more experienced players, that went through the hassle of trying things out, and learn from what they found out, instead of expecting the game to tell you everything you need to know to be top of the leaderboards.

Just a thought.

Light attack weaving is not a "basic game mechanic" as it was not even an intended mechanic. The fact that the game and community embraced it, doesn't mean the game is supposed to tell you about it. Same thing for Bash canceling, dodge canceling, barswap canceling, etc.

It's up to you to go and find resources about it (which are not scarce, everyone and their dog made an animation canceling video guide) so that you can better yourself.

And, again, if you need advice, feel free to ask.

Going around calling people "mediocre fakes" is probably not the way to go, tho... just a thought.

As for what this thread is about, no, as it turns out, this is just a thread complaining about people lying about their actual numbers when joining a pug.

Now that you got the jist of what the underlining purpose of this post was about, it also explained why you shouldn't lie. Its more a plea and a complaint. Asking/explaining why not to lie as well as a small rant at the end, but thank you so much for still explaining in you own point of view what the OP, Me, meant and I why I posted this.

You seem to be one salty person, its like you don't like that I posted this and I am completely confused as to why. Also if this post has no benefit to you and or you disagree with asking people not to lie I am confused as to why you continue you to put your two cents in.
  • HobosEverywear
    This thread made it to Fredas.

Fredas?
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dps numbers suck. Trying to learn. So if you see stupid questions on the eso forum. Yeah...its me
  • HobosEverywear
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    My dps numbers suck. Trying to learn. So if you see stupid questions on the eso forum. Yeah...its me

Its okay as long as your honest then people know to help and can plan accordingly.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Kurat wrote: »
    Your DPS means nothing if you can't stay alive. I see dummy parse warriors almost every time when forming trial group. People claiming to pull impressive numbers but when in trial later, I somehow always end up doing 20+% of group dps while my dummy parse is not even near theirs.
    I also see ppl sometimes post their dps in group chat after killed dungeon mini boss lol. Or boss with ads.
    Your dps means nothing if it's not sustainable, dont know mechanics and cant stay alive.

Of course staying alive matters a lot. But people that pull respectable numbers are usually better at staying alive to, compared to people that do poor dps.

I never even been in one of these anecdotal situations where *** poor dps never dies and the good dps spends half the time on the floor. It's usually the other way around. Probably because decent dps knows the dungeon inside out and completed it countless of times. Bad dps gets kicked or group can't finish, so they never get a chance to learn.

But sure, dummy dps doesn't say everything. If you know the raid+mechanics well or just really good at memorizing things, you will out-dps others, regardless if they claim to do more or actually do more on a dummy.

You probably don't have to think as much about what to do next, you just know it automatically? That rewards you with less interrupted rotations or disconnects and you pull higher numbers. Also people have a tendency to exaggerate their dummy parses lol.

Not my experience.

In all games, in pugs, it's been the paper cannons who spend their entire time dead (normally after only a few seconds on a boss), whining about other people's DPS...

You know, the other people who are now attempting to solo the boss while they lie there...?

I won't comment too much on what goes on here, as I treat this game more like a glorified version of the Sims (not that the building/furnishing function itself is, in any way, glorified - quite the reverse!) with crafting, dailies and the occasional dungeon and haven't even tried to gear, beyond golded out starter gear.

However, in general, that has invariably been the case.

Obviously, there are a few individuals who are exceptions to that rule and do very high DPS while staying alive; but, they have always been in the minority, in pug dungeons.

Unless, perhaps, there is a God-like healer, around.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Ryzakier wrote: »
    29-31k self buffed on my Magden prior to Nermfire on a good day with the dummy, maybe 26-28k on bad day. Average numbers compared to most folk, but I'm pretty happy with it given my usual ping and old wrist injury i need to be mindful of when playing.
    However due to persistent high ping issues I haven't been able to dummy test or DPS group content properly for nearly two months now :disappointed:

These are not average numbers. I think the end game community is waaaaay out of touch with the rest of the community on here. The average DPS for the average player in this game is probably closer to 5k, which is fine for overland PvE and questing and normal dungeons. At 20K, you are higher than most people in this game. Anything between 20-30K is really good, while anything over 30K is freaking outstanding. Those freakshows hitting over 50K are not even human anymore. I don't know what they are exactly, but I imagine they all have cyborg hands.
    Gear does most of your DPS for you these days. If you're hitting 5k DPS then you are just flat out wearing no gear or mix matched pieces and not even using a 5pc.
    You can get pretty high DPS just using the right gear, keeping dots down and light attacking without even doing a proper rotation
    #MOREORBS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So for those of you that do not know DPS means damage per second. That does not mean, "what is the highest damage output number you have seen on your screen?" I don't want to know that you can hit a semi high execute during execute phase. I want to know how much damage .... per .... second .... you can do.

In addition, when joining a group if you are asked "what is your DPS?" The group is not intending for this question to be rude or taken as an insult -most of the time- so knowing what your DPS is, is actually important. It will help the group better strategize whatever content you intend to do as well as fill the group with other members that will fortify your chances of succession.

Lastly and why this thread was created, for those of you that do not know what your REAL DPS is do everyone else a favor and be honest. Either you have tested or you haven't. Skilled players will know once you begin the content whether your DPS is really where you claim it is or if you have just created a fake number to prevent your self from being removed from the group initially. Its called integrity, your not only hurting the group and wasting the time of others when you group up for content you are not ready for, you are hurting yourself. You will be outcasted as a liar and chances are mocked in open world and it does spread like a wildfire.

- I absolutely hate attempting to do content with those who fake there DPS and for anyone who thinks being ranked 810cp means your "Good" you're the problem. There are so many players high in champion points still hitting 10k to 15k. Don't get mad at me because your REAL DPS sucks. ✌

If you're pugging, tbh you're a bit silly asking people what their DPS is.

xD
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mhh as I am a DD myself, i dont ask the other guy about his/her dps.
    After playing for a long time you get a feeling for it, so guessing ~ +- 5k is not really a problem.

In the rare cases I am asking for it.... would be because of an hm encounter. For example, during the first weeks of ruins of mazzatun... if we dont have ~65-70k overall dps, it wouldnt be possible to ignore the first add spawn mechanic.

Some players should invest some gametime hours in "character improvement". It is nice to equip some stuff because x and y told so and use skills like it is the meta *blablabla*
    That would grant them a lot more DPS than hunting some new set or upgrade it to golden quality :smiley:

As I am doing over 30k DPS with my 4 buttons BOW / BOW build ... according to the thread thats awesome :hushed:
    (Better lock the combat metrics save file with 78,xxx DPS at Ra Kotu in the basement ... I don't want "We know letters" in my mailbox :neutral: )

And before i got told "FAKE NUMBERS" ... As you can read it was during a trial with one of the best support I've ever had. Uptime of stuff like warhorn and combat prayer was godlike :blush: Could not get to that high number without the support of the 11 other ppl around me! Good groups can double your target dummy DPS.
    Let me quote the boss of the canvas mines "it just works".
    Edited by Lisutaris on December 10, 2018 11:37AM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is seriously suffering from lacking guidance through it's basic game mechanics, equipment and the way it should be used, all the little pieces that are important to put progressing character onto that level you are talking about (in game, but on the community level too).

If it was the other way around, you wouldn't be having all these debates and questions from confused people all over the place, and people under-performing in dungeons and what not - which is what this thread was about, isn't it?

The tutorial tells you everything you're supposed to know about skills, heavy attacks, light attacks, block, dodge, bash and stealth.

..maybe, just maybe, as in every other MMO under the sun, you rely on more experienced players, that went through the hassle of trying things out, and learn from what they found out, instead of expecting the game to tell you everything you need to know to be top of the leaderboards.

Just a thought.

Light attack weaving is not a "basic game mechanic" as it was not even an intended mechanic. The fact that the game and community embraced it, doesn't mean the game is supposed to tell you about it. Same thing for Bash canceling, dodge canceling, barswap canceling, etc.

It's up to you to go and find resources about it (which are not scarce, everyone and their dog made an animation canceling video guide) so that you can better yourself.

Going around calling people "mediocre fakes" is probably not the way to go, tho... just a thought.

As for what this thread is about, no, as it turns out, this is just a thread complaining about people lying about their actual numbers when joining a pug.

Now that you got the jist of what the underlining purpose of this post was about, it also explained why you shouldn't lie. Its more a plea and a complaint. Asking/explaining why not to lie as well as a small rant at the end, but thank you so much for still explaining in you own point of view what the OP, Me, meant and I why I posted this.

You seem to be one salty person, its like you don't like that I posted this and I am completely confused as to why. Also if this post has no benefit to you and or you disagree with asking people not to lie I am confused as to why you continue you to put your two cents in.

Because it serves no purpose.

1) Everybody knows puglets lie about their numbers
    2) Everybody knows why puglets lie about their numbers
    3) It doesn't help anyone ranting about puglets lying about their numbers, other than giving puglets an argument against asking for their numbers
    4) If you really want to improve the situation, you don't go in the middle of the road with a megaphone (see point above)
    5) You lead by example

BTW, if you don't know why puglets lie about their numbers, it's because they want to do the content, but don't like people telling them "Sorry, you're too scrub to join us, git gud then come back", so they feel compelled to lie.

Let's make something clear, I'm not saying you should take them into vMoL HM, of course you shouldn't, but ranting about it serves no purpose other than hurting the conversation.

Hope this clarifies why I keep giving my 2 cents
    Have a nice day
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    you cant tell whose real and fake dps going by low numbers.

That's true.

To be a "fake DPS" you have to be someone who consciously builds their character with some other intention in mind.

Someone who is actually attempting to be a DPS but just doesn't know the right abilities to use isn't a "fake" DPS.

That being said: if a player has 30k + health, using a shield and sword, and pulling 5k DPS it's hard to imagine how that person can't be a fake DPS, because they clearly have built their character to be defensive and not offensive.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 10, 2018 12:51PM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    I dunno about pc but on Xbox EU dps scores have turned into a bit of an elitist scumbag contest. Personally I hit 53k self buffed but don't rub it in other people's faces. I try to help my guild mates reach higher numbers too. A lot of people think if you don't hit 40k you're trash & can't do content. Yet these people sometimes spend a lot of the time on the ground waiting to be ressed..... How much deeps you doing back there now buddy?

Even though 90% of content can be done with 25k+ dps :open_mouth:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • HobosEverywear

Just a thought.

Because it serves no purpose.

1) Everybody knows puglets lie about their numbers
    2) Everybody knows why puglets lie about their numbers
    3) It doesn't help anyone ranting about puglets lying about their numbers, other than giving puglets an argument against asking for their numbers
    4) If you really want to improve the situation, you don't go in the middle of the road with a megaphone (see point above)
    5) You lead by example

BTW, if you don't know why puglets lie about their numbers, it's because they want to do the content, but don't like people telling them "Sorry, you're too scrub to join us, git gud then come back", so they feel compelled to lie.

Let's make something clear, I'm not saying you should take them into vMoL HM, of course you shouldn't, but ranting about it serves no purpose other than hurting the conversation.

Hope this clarifies why I keep giving my 2 cents
    Have a nice day

I think it does serve a purpose which is why we're all entitled to our own opinions. I think a lot of people have added excellent information to this thread for others to consider, with that being said I consider this to be purposeful.
  • HobosEverywear
    In response to a lot of the comments that say gear does most of your dps or even if you do this ability and weave a la you can easily hit 15k. Consider this, there are plenty of players in the game that can't mash buttons nearly as fast as other and in some cases can't go faster than L1 pause LA pause Square pause LA pause Triangle pause L1 pause and so on. Which severely lowers dps. Its not just about the gear or even knowing a rotation
    or the mechanics its about how fast you can execute it and it simply boils down to some can and some can't no matter how much you practice. Side note, I understand completely that this can be from a range of outlying factors that have nothing to do with the actuall game.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Several days ago, I've had a case. Someone in a zone chat called out and said they need a "high damage dps" for vet Scalecaller, last boss. Late night and zone chat was empty; out of curiosity, I asked - hard mode? No, not hard mode. But all the person knew was that they needed high dps.

Earnestly wishing them good luck of course, but it struck me that the group was so focused on high damage output. vSP doesn't have damage checks (maybe a little bit of burst in right spots), it's all being accurate with mechanics - but no dps races. So point in case is... if group asks a DD for dummy numbers, it's fair game for DD to get curious if the group really knows where to put all that damage. ^^
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In response to a lot of the comments that say gear does most of your dps or even if you do this ability and weave a la you can easily hit 15k. Consider this, there are plenty of players in the game that can't mash buttons nearly as fast as other and in some cases can't go faster than L1 pause LA pause Square pause LA pause Triangle pause L1 pause and so on. Which severely lowers dps. Its not just about the gear or even knowing a rotation
    or the mechanics its about how fast you can execute it and it simply boils down to some can and some can't no matter how much you practice. Side note, I understand completely that this can be from a range of outlying factors that have nothing to do with the actuall game.

I literally posted video evidence that you can achieve 8 to 10k just by light attacking with random sets on (._. )
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Well, some of the highest DPS numbers I've seen (something like 130k) on combat metrics were done through one-shotting an overland mob with a perfect Shalks > Bird > Reverse Slice that lands at the exact same time. You do get a 130k DPS if the fight lasted 1 second and you did 130k damage :trollface:

uuuhhh quite low... must be a newbie... i switched on statistics for a try once... showed up as this:

DPSmax.png

*trollface*

btw. the report is not faked
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several days ago, I've had a case. Someone in a zone chat called out and said they need a "high damage dps" for vet Scalecaller, last boss. Late night and zone chat was empty; out of curiosity, I asked - hard mode? No, not hard mode. But all the person knew was that they needed high dps.

Earnestly wishing them good luck of course, but it struck me that the group was so focused on high damage output. vSP doesn't have damage checks (maybe a little bit of burst in right spots), it's all being accurate with mechanics - but no dps races. So point in case is... if group asks a DD for dummy numbers, it's fair game for DD to get curious if the group really knows where to put all that damage. ^^

People tend to to think moar deeps is the answer to everything. Especially these days.

A boss fight fails - it's almost the reactionary response to say we need more dps. Even though that is actually rarely the case in my experience.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 10, 2018 3:15PM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    58-60k self buffed ;)

For your DPS to be that high what type of gear you wearing and what type of weapons are you using to help the non DPS members of this Game.

Man, is it hell for any other MMORPG in dungeons like this on DPS?
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    58-60k self buffed ;)

For your DPS to be that high what type of gear you wearing and what type of weapons are you using to help the non DPS members of this Game.

Man, is it hell for any other MMORPG in dungeons like this on DPS?

Sparr0W's an alien so... It's his rotation...
  • HobosEverywear

I literally posted video evidence that you can achieve 8 to 10k just by light attacking with random sets on (._. )

I literally just said 15k your response is 8 to 10k. Those aren't even the same numbers.
  • HobosEverywear

You're just arguing to argue. Its petty.
  • HobosEverywear

And the point that I was making is that you can't achieve high dps with just the right gear, which is what others were talking about, but once again your just way off in left field with your response that has no relevance.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's enough to get the job done. I.M.O. no one needs to be asking anyone what their DPS is. Do we start every run with asking every single player what their gear load out is and what their Stats are and what Abilities they have slotted? Do we ask them what Skins they have earned and to prove it? It's a game. The lower DPS players have to learn some how and they won't learn if never given the chance to run tougher dungeons.

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Dear ZOS, may we please have a solo mode for dungeons?

There is, it's called Vet :trollface:

But I've never been able to finish fang lair. I get pinned there at the second boss and someone else is supposed to bash. Solo mode would be wonderful.

The op is why I'm using the first boss in nAA to try and farm vo by myself. This board really can be awful.

Or you could just work towards getting better DPS smh
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Dear ZOS, may we please have a solo mode for dungeons?

^no one forces you to enter dungeons with 3 others... most of them can be soloed (i.e. don't have mechanics that require 2 ppl standing on plates or bosses that one-hit or perma-stun/grab/disable you).

Have fun.

on topic:
    The thing I notice is that some players really know what they are doing and play "intelligent"... and i fell thats more important then some number generated with a non fighting, non moving target dummy.
    This defintion holds true for all roles ... i notice a good healer just like a good tank or dps, and most of the time its not The Number that links to my impression.

However I am not taking part in progress endgame ... so maybe the ppl I usually play with are just ... more creative. :D

I agree a dead DPS is no DPS, mechanics are a big part, but there is a bar you should meet before entering certain content. Which is the purpose of this post. If you are not there, do not claim that your are.

You're missing the point everyone is making.

With the exception of very few pieces of content (e.g. vMoL HM to skip lunar phase), if your personal DPS is "good" you don't need other people, dps, so if your group's DPS is low, just carry them.

I can understand the argument for "They didn't bash the minotaur", but that has nothing to do with DPS. Most 4men content you can solo anyways, so extra DPS, any amount of extra DPS, can only be good. If you can't solo, then you should first consider fixing your shortcomings, then look at other's.

If your problem is that the the whole raid had low dps, then you should find yourself another raid, cause if you're running with 8 potatoes it's your fault, not the 8 potatoes'.

You're missing the point of the entire post.

Lastly and why this thread was created, for those of you that do not know what your REAL DPS is do everyone else a favor and be honest. Either you have tested or you haven't. Skilled players will know once you begin the content whether your DPS is really where you claim it is or if you have just created a fake number to prevent your self from being removed from the group initially.

It doesn't matter what your DPS is, what matter is if your honest about what it is or if you generate a fake number.

Skilled players don't care because they can solo most 4men content anyways.

You have an issue => You're not a skilled player.

Face reality, don't find solace in a delusion, that's how you grow.

Unless your problem is with people lying about their skills to be accepted by their peers, in which case I suggest a mirror.

Hope this helps.
    Have a nice day.

Or........... your group is trying do something casually and or smoothly and don't have time to carry people.

That I genuinely don't understand.

40k group dps is more than enough to do most 4men content casually/smoothly, and it's also what a medium/average "skilled" dps can pull with a basic rotation on their own. If you have 2 skilled players (you mentioned group, so I'm assuming at least 1 more person), that's 80k. 2 more people, pulling, I don't know, 5k each (what a tank pulls), that's 90k group dps.

Most "skilled" dps, at the moment, average on 50k, with stamina builds more on the 54-56k and magicka on the 49-50k, without resorting to cheese on dummy parses, self buffed.

I'm sorry, I don't get your point...

Why is skilled in quotation marks?
  • HobosEverywear
    It's enough to get the job done. I.M.O. no one needs to be asking anyone what their DPS is. Do we start every run with asking every single player what their gear load out is and what their Stats are and what Abilities they have slotted? Do we ask them what Skins they have earned and to prove it? It's a game. The lower DPS players have to learn some how and they won't learn if never given the chance to run tougher dungeons.

For certain content yes, because certain gear, skills, and experience is/should be required for certain content. That's just the way it is/should be.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is seriously suffering from lacking guidance through it's basic game mechanics

%100
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s different kinds of DPS. No one really seems to care about strong AOE anymore though, it’s all about the ST.

My Sorc does a whopping 25k, because I’m bad, but that’s all AOE from a few skills. Werewolf and their easy mode light attack rock out near 50k+ ST with nothing but Light attacks.

Take a dungeon that has a stupid amount of ads. Like black heart haven. I can pulverize these huge pulls of ad waves in seconds on Sorc, while that WW has to go through each and every single one of them one at a time.

Sorc slow down a little bit on bosses, while WW ramp it up; but the 2 builds compliment each other nicely.

That’s 2 little niche kind of builds, with somewhat specialized kind of gear. They balance themselves out to a degree.

I know what you’re going on about though. You have a problem with the 1000+ CP guys that barely hit 15k. Yeah, they can be pretty annoying.

I sometimes try to help these guys out a bit. They’re not gonna get it though. They diddnt get to where they’re at by coming online and copying some build and cp placement. So the game has punished them with low damage for they’re intuitive nature gameplay.

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan

I agree 100% that the most overlooked dmg atm is AoE. I get that my sorc doesn't pull the same St damage as a stamblade. I also feel for most content is isn't necessary either. I see my job as the trash patrol, crowd control, melt everything that moves so others can do their job without having to care about it; where I can supplement ST, I will, but there are other classes better suited to that. There is a lot of snobbery, and pressure to perform which is simply not necessary - - this is exactly what leads to the lying about dps numbers. 'OK, so your stamblade does 50-60k? Cool, that boss is going down fast, let me melt everything else to make sure you can focus on that'. The way I see it, everyone in the group can be useful,given they know how their class excels, and its limitations. When I play healer, it pisses me off when sorcs go balls to the wall ST with the nb, and the playing field is left teaming with trash...
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    @kylewwefan

I agree 100% that the most overlooked dmg atm is AoE. I get that my sorc doesn't pull the same St damage as a stamblade. I also feel for most content is isn't necessary either. I see my job as the trash patrol, crowd control, melt everything that moves so others can do their job without having to care about it; where I can supplement ST, I will, but there are other classes better suited to that. There is a lot of snobbery, and pressure to perform which is simply not necessary - - this is exactly what leads to the lying about dps numbers. 'OK, so your stamblade does 50-60k? Cool, that boss is going down fast, let me melt everything else to make sure you can focus on that'. The way I see it, everyone in the group can be useful,given they know how their class excels, and its limitations. When I play healer, it pisses me off when sorcs go balls to the wall ST with the nb, and the playing field is left teaming with trash...

Trash is going to burn just from AoE DoTs.

That's why ST is all that matters. If you're actively focusing on AoE, particularly on a boss fight, then you're doing it wrong.

If there is trash running around not dead then that's your tank's fault, plain and simple.

This thread is really opening my eyes to some people's playstyles...
    Edited by Valrien on December 10, 2018 6:57PM