The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted Celebration Event Follow-up

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thank you for the response and trying to make things right! Hopefully this trend in communication continues!
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As most of you know, the recently completed Undaunted Celebration Event in ESO was plagued with Activity Finder issues. We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved - unfortunately this year the demand once again overwhelmed this particular system, especially during prime-time hours. This led to a really frustrating experience for many of you, so we are going to address the situation by making Mysterious Reward Boxes available during the New Life festival, which starts soon.

This is the way it will work: A Mysterious Reward Box will be given as a bonus reward for completing your first New Life daily quest each day, per account. This means that the first New Life Festival daily you complete on your account will grant one New Life Reward Box, one Event Ticket, and one Mysterious Reward Box. This should help grant you the rewards that you couldn't get through the Activity Finder.

Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.

I got many 150+ k gold motifs from those boxes, more gold for me :)

Now, taking advantage of Zeni's Christmas spirit, my ESO+ is about to expire, could you send me 3 months of ESO+ with Santa too?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved
    I think this can be said about... well... pretty much every aspect of the game...

(I think I am gonna quote that often lol) :D
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to hear! Thanks so much Rich and the team :D
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad then for those who farmed the Scalecaller and Fang Lair motif pages for income; hooray for the rest of us though! :)
  • Momocchii
    Momocchii
    ✭✭
    Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.

Thats good to hear. Hope you'll take your ressources and fix that darn group finder.

I also appreciate that gesture. Thanks for that ZOS!

• Platemale
    Platemale
    ✭✭
    Much appreciated and a very adequate solution to the problems encountered. Thank you ZOS.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for that. Our community is tolerant as long we have communication with devs :):)
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! More of this transparency ZoS!
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect solution. Thank you so much!
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Nice solution! My ESO+ was about to expire, but now I will definitely let it renew.
  • Finnisterre
    Finnisterre
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, for the honest response and the acknowledgement that there were issues. I appreciate that many attempts have been made to fix Group Finder, and it must be very frustrating to see the issues crop up once again. I did find the Group Finder issues incredibly frustrating, so I appreciate ZOS making efforts to redress the problems.

Thank you for this!
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the communication. Bad, good, whatever; I personally really appreciate the communication.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Nicely done. Now, please stick to the pledge to do NO MORE events that are activity-finder dependent until you are 100% sure that it works at 10x capacity.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so, so much for this.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As most of you know, the recently completed Undaunted Celebration Event in ESO was plagued with Activity Finder issues. We had similar problems last year, but we thought they were resolved - unfortunately this year the demand once again overwhelmed this particular system, especially during prime-time hours. This led to a really frustrating experience for many of you, so we are going to address the situation by making Mysterious Reward Boxes available during the New Life festival, which starts soon.

This is the way it will work: A Mysterious Reward Box will be given as a bonus reward for completing your first New Life daily quest each day, per account. This means that the first New Life Festival daily you complete on your account will grant one New Life Reward Box, one Event Ticket, and one Mysterious Reward Box. This should help grant you the rewards that you couldn't get through the Activity Finder.

It's a good gesture, but the problem is more your servers are no where near effecient enough during these events. During any event people have issues getting quests done, due to lack of nodes, or issues logging in because of over population in the quest areas.

The real solution is to final upgrade your servers to be able to handle at least double the capacity you currently have.
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, to me that's a satisfying solution to the failed event.

Looking forward to a much improved activity finder in the future.
    Edited by cynaes on December 6, 2018 4:20PM
  • edana
    edana
    Soul Shriven
    Glad to see this! :) I'll be traveling over the holidays so I probably won't get to participate in New Life too much, but this definitely helps and gives me something to look forward to when I do get a chance to play. Thanks, ZOS!
    Captain of the TamrielVault.com.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7Ux5qqB.gif
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great response, ZOS. This is a real integrity move on your part.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • nokcturna
    nokcturna
    Soul Shriven
    This is awesome!! Thank you, guys <3
    Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
    @Nokcturna - designer & traditional/digital artist | websitefacebookinstagram
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaaaawd....y’mean I still gotta do something to get something!?!?! How fair is that!?!?! I mean, I didn’t do anything in the last event and look what that got me.....Nothing! So now y’just figure I’m going to just roll over n Do Something to get a Reward!?

Oh Ok...Sounds good!lol
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the absolute least they could do.
    Apart from their usual response of ignorance.

From a coding perspective making an extra box appear next event is simply adding an extra item to the loot table.

It is unimaginable that anyone who plays this game would not have known the group finder was, is and has been broken since it's creation.

They don't play this game.
    They don't care about this game.
    They only want your cash.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much!!! I missed several days worth of boxes due to the issues, so I really appreciate the chance to get more.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, thank you!

Hearing updates from dev is a great comfort to players. (the mature ones at least)
  • GreenTea
    GreenTea
    ✭✭✭
    Yey more boxes! Happy those who couldn't get on except during the busiest parts of the night can get in on the fun now.
    Watch me derp around playing ESO twitch.tv/tea_the_khajiit
    In-game info: @Greeentea (with Three E's)
    Main: Ki'tea
    Morrowind Roleplayer since launch!
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great gesture and really please to see a sensible approach of making sure it can support any future demand spikes.
    These events should promote and increase enjoyment and unfortunately that hasn’t happened with this one. Once it’s ficed and working as well as it can then I’m sure this event will be one of the best!

Well done ZoS and great statement @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is because of actions like this. . .Your actions of being accountable, and actually wanting to FIX issues is why I stay as a member of the community. Thank you for being transparent about it, and actually making amends to fix the problem.
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is an awesome decision. Thank you!!
    Edited by NeroBad on December 6, 2018 5:21PM
This discussion has been closed.