The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is there a reason that Dragon Knights are so gamebreakingly overpowered?

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKs are powerful. The issue is the charge with cc, the burst is too much. Beyond that they aren't bad.

Charge - okay
    Knockdown - okay

Charge and knockdown, adding defile while reducing all your mitigation in 2 GCDs - not balanced.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    These posts are always amusing. If you think it is so easy, go play one. All you have to do to beat a DK is literally be on guard until they run out of resources or moderately push them.

Also how, exactly, do you know the skill level of a player?

I played a DK once, people in Cyrodiil RAN FROM ME
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    These posts are always amusing. If you think it is so easy, go play one. All you have to do to beat a DK is literally be on guard until they run out of resources or moderately push them.

Maybe your character was just too ugly?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe your character was just too ugly?

I’m half asleep but that actually made me laugh XD
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it 2014?

It is 2018 and DK is super overpowered near god set up. How about charging DK with Major defile , Major breach with cheap ulitmates with loads of CC and best CC in game with tankier set up with seventh legion & warrior furry with 4K+ weapon damage with near complete immune to range damage with wings and 15K+ vigor 30K resistance , 2K+ Crit resistance with infinite resource sustain with Argonian INFUSED/SWIFT.

5-10 competent DKS can rule entire map provided opponents have no DKs or NBs.

According to PROS and ZOs of the game Its not overpowered. Every noobs here got it. HAHAHAHA. ROFL. Its 2014 is it ?
    Noobs everyone come here and learn the game. Its L2P isue. DK is not overpowered. Agreed.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on November 27, 2018 4:40PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it 2014?

It is 2018 and DK is super overpowered near god set up. How about charging DK with Major defile , Major breach with cheap ulitmates with loads of CC and best CC in game with tankier set up with seventh legion & warrior furry with 4K+ weapon damage with near complete immune to range damage with wings and 15K+ vigor 30K resistance , 2K+ Crit resistance with infinite resource sustain with Argonian INFUSED/SWIFT.

According to PROS and ZOs of the game Its not overpowered. Every noobs here got it. HAHAHAHA. ROFL. Its 2014 is it ?
    Noobs everyone come here and learn the game. Its L2P isue. DK is not overpowered. Agreed.

The bolded part is NOT exclusive to DK's you know? Oh, and exactly which skills give DK Major defile (standard) and Major Breach (not on any DK skill as far as I know)?

One of them is an ultimate which is very hard to land and easily to get out of range and isn't cheap. 250 ulti for Standard... Now look at incap strike from Nightblade, 70 ulti cost, does stun + Major Defile + 20% more damage on all your skills for 6 seconds.
    Edited by The Uninvited on November 27, 2018 4:52PM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    DK is a hard counter to basically two classes, mag sorc and mag nightblade. They are also one of the best 1v1 classes. While I don’t think they are OP across the boards, they are OP in certain situations. If I am on one of the above classes and I encounter a solo max level DK, I usually just go the other way because the most likely outcome is a perpetual stalemate.
    Assuming the OP plays magsorc or magblade, your argument is basically sound, but let's provide some counterpoint nonetheless.

I don't play magsorc. From an outsider's perspective it seems to me that DK wings were nerfed so much that there is only one important sorc skill that can still be reflected: Crystal Frags. So I don't get it. The archetypical sorc burst combo involves largely unreflectable skills: Curse, Mage's Fury, Force Shock, Rune Cage, Meteor. Now, granted, sorc may be hurting from the latest Rune Cage nerfs, and Reach / Clench is reflectable, but I don't know.

Let me interject with something here. I have a magblade friend who is good, and I mean really good. This is a while back, but he would kill me on any and all of my builds within 30 seconds. I am not kidding. That included my flappy DK and my 50K magicka shielding warden before the shield nerfs. Furthermore he did it the hard way. His build was purely ranged. He used Merciless Resolve. He was able to see the opening, CC me and burst me at the right moment. No cheese. No Zaan. No Soul Assault. This is what the game is balanced for and why, I believe, top level players will deny that wings are OP, and why magblades are / have been rated as strong duellers.

I am merely a decent PvPer. I can't play magblade to the same standard and, for me, what you say is true. I would not attack a flappy DK with a ranged magblade and, thus, I switched to a 2H / resto (sometimes 2H / destro) hybrid melee / ranged build long ago. I use Concealed Weapon, Lotus Fan, Incap, Caluurion, and Forward Momentum to counter DKs. The funny thing is that Caluurion is actually reflectable, but many DKs stop flapping their wings when you appear to attack them only with melee.

Well there are people that make any class shine and of course, I am speaking in broad generalizations. mDK is particularly strong against ranged magic classes. Sure you can build either of those classes to fight a DK effectively, but as they are generally played in open world, a DK is going to be one of your tougher counters. I have far more playtime on mSorc in PVP than mNB, but I have played both enough to know whats going on. With sorc specifically, frags is kind of the linchpin to the whole combo. Curse plus FP spam is never going to get a good DK into execute range. Also, a lot of sorcs are back to Reach for their spam/CC, which makes the problem even worse. Now if I were building to duel a DK, I of course wouldnt run Reach, but that is not the same as encountering one in open world. If I see mDK that I know to be a strong open world player, I typically dont mess with them on my sorc 1v1. All else being equal, the outcome favors them. Picking and choosing your battles is a part of being a good player. If I see a DK I dont know, I will typically throw one combo at them. If it actually moves there healthbar, I might engage, but If I see wings go up the second I curse (nullifying my combo), again, I will usually just go the other way, because the mostly likely outcome is a 5 minute stalemate.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 27, 2018 5:27PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it 2014?

The bolded part is NOT exclusive to DK's you know? Oh, and exactly which skills give DK Major defile (standard) and Major Breach (not on any DK skill as far as I know)?

One of them is an ultimate which is very hard to land and easily to get out of range and isn't cheap. 250 ulti for Standard... Now look at incap strike from Nightblade, 70 ulti cost, does stun + Major Defile + 20% more damage on all your skills for 6 seconds.

Sorry it's major fracture . There is difference between NB and DK. DK is extremely tanky in heavy Armor. NB is squishy. Seventh legion with furry stacks so much weapon damage. DK mostly uses bash for defile with stun followed by fossilize. Everything follows is a death sentence. few might use lethal arrow in place of bash before charging. Just spam wings with block with vigor up. Once weapon damage reaches 4k+ annihilate everyone.Then come to forums and tell DK is not op.

Same can be done on stamden with out CC which give you a chance to escape. DK no chance. DK can regenerate while blocking same as warden , but in DK it's a passive. For warden it's a skill. No class can do it. . Other classes lose so many resources while blocking and no option to regenerate. Stamsorcs run around objects with Sprint. Now since swift nerf no one does now and made class inline. Why DK allowed to do it ? Why they are allowed to do so many damage in extremely tank set up?

Telling NB op doesn't change the fact DK is op. Who cares. Let's enjoy cheese.
  • AllegraLionheart
    iCaliban wrote: »
    If you are a sorc struggling with DK, use a different ultimate. Storm atro is a strong counter to magDks in battlegrounds/no cp. They have to be in close range to hurt you, and storm atro drops a lot of pressure. Keep curse up, use streak, time their wings and then burst.

This. Not a sorc player myself, but watching them out in the field, this is huge against heavily armored enemies, DKs included. If you're a magsorc, be careful when you use ranged to attack them, and watch the wings like a hawk. Additionally, Major/Minor Defile is going to be a huge help for you, whether you achieve this through Fasalla's Guile (Minor Defile), Lethal Arrow (Major Defile, bow ability probably for a stamsorc) or both. This will hobble their heals if you time it just right.

Edit: Streak isn't just a run-away tool. Use it aggressively for the stun when they aren't running immovable. It can be VERY nasty.
    Edited by AllegraLionheart on November 27, 2018 6:19PM
    PC/NA
    Breton Magden pretending to be a Nord
    GM - Chal Basement Battalion, PvP Guild (Gray Host)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, is it DK's turn now?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it 2014?

If you're facing a stam DK with all that, you should be thankful it isn;t a stamden.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, is it DK's turn now?

It's always DKs turn.

The fact that people are apparently complaining about the strengths of stamDKs and magDKs put together into one Voltron is pretty funny. Because I want to see the argonian swift build stamdk in fury and 7th legion that can also spam wings and bypass cc immunity.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think that. stamina nightblades are also OP if played correctly, in PvE and PvP

Has nothing to do with how it's played when you can fart and get every buff in the game. Name any other class that can be played like this without being min/ maxed:

https://youtu.be/NhIehgGboM4

And I agree that's awesome... That's what makes nightblade unique... but where is that uniqueness in other classes? Why is the uniqueness of other classes get stripped away and homogenized? These are the questions we should demand ZOS to answer because it's surely not in the name of balance.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any response from OP? Or was this a l2p issue from a fully ranged magsorc/magblade?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    DKs are powerful. The issue is the charge with cc, the burst is too much. Beyond that they aren't bad.

Charge - okay
    Knockdown - okay

Charge and knockdown, adding defile while reducing all your mitigation in 2 GCDs - not balanced.

That is not a DK skill though. I am pretty sure you are mentioning Shielded Assault and other morphs.
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Oh, is it DK's turn now?

It's always DKs turn.

The fact that people are apparently complaining about the strengths of stamDKs and magDKs put together into one Voltron is pretty funny. Because I want to see the argonian swift build stamdk in fury and 7th legion that can also spam wings and bypass cc immunity.

Really reveals what kind of player base this game has. L2P issue post and then people flock in. When I first read this post title, I thought there was some irresistable damage that deals so high of damage that it cannot be countered without full bar dedicated to a counter (*cough*). I was half disappointed when I clicked the thread.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised anyone is alive in Cyrodiil! One day it's NB with snipe. Then it was magsorcs with shields. Now, DK's. . . . Lol.

Omg, don't forget the mother of all nerf class hysteria - the TEMPLARS. A Healer Class that actually...well...god damn healed people and an Execute that actually...well...executed ffs. No wonder the class was nerfed to oblivion for 3 years straight.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    I'm surprised anyone is alive in Cyrodiil! One day it's NB with snipe. Then it was magsorcs with shields. Now, DK's. . . . Lol.

Omg, don't forget the mother of all nerf class hysteria - the TEMPLARS. A Healer Class that actually...well...god damn healed people and an Execute that actually...well...executed ffs. No wonder the class was nerfed to oblivion for 3 years straight.

Templars with Jesus Beam were hilarious, but the mother of all nerf class hysteria was mag dk in 2014 with the oh so good times of being a vamp mag dk emp and slaughtering masses.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Templars with Jesus Beam were hilarious, but the mother of all nerf class hysteria was mag dk in 2014 with the oh so good times of being a vamp mag dk emp and slaughtering masses.

Oh ja! I forgot DKs + Swarm. D=
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Oh ja! I forgot DKs + Swarm. D=

Yup hehe.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    I do not think that. stamina nightblades are also OP if played correctly, in PvE and PvP

Has nothing to do with how it's played when you can fart and get every buff in the game. Name any other class that can be played like this without being min/ maxed:

And I agree that's awesome... That's what makes nightblade unique... but where is that uniqueness in other classes? Why is the uniqueness of other classes get stripped away and homogenized? These are the questions we should demand ZOS to answer because it's surely not in the name of balance.

Ever heard of standard of might?
    Pretty sure you can keep a decent uptime with bloodspawn.

The problem here is that you don’t recognize those buffs matter very little. If they mattered, you would be using standard instead of leap, but you’re not.

Killing power, the ability to hit your target, especially with low chance of being dodged, is far greater than “buff potential”.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize that buff bar also included the following (available to everyone):
    Mundus stone
    Food/drink buff
    Continuous attacks

I think I even saw battle spirit...

& it looked as though there was 1-3 other things that weren’t even buffs such as racial passives maybe?

I’ve seen addons do stuff like that were they will show more things than what you really care about & players are just too lazy to change/configure it.
    Edited by kaithuzar on November 28, 2018 7:51AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it 2014?

Sorry it's major fracture . There is difference between NB and DK. DK is extremely tanky in heavy Armor. NB is squishy. Seventh legion with furry stacks so much weapon damage. DK mostly uses bash for defile with stun followed by fossilize. Everything follows is a death sentence. few might use lethal arrow in place of bash before charging. Just spam wings with block with vigor up. Once weapon damage reaches 4k+ annihilate everyone.Then come to forums and tell DK is not op.

Same can be done on stamden with out CC which give you a chance to escape. DK no chance. DK can regenerate while blocking same as warden , but in DK it's a passive. For warden it's a skill. No class can do it. . Other classes lose so many resources while blocking and no option to regenerate. Stamsorcs run around objects with Sprint. Now since swift nerf no one does now and made class inline. Why DK allowed to do it ? Why they are allowed to do so many damage in extremely tank set up?

Telling NB op doesn't change the fact DK is op. Who cares. Let's enjoy cheese.

Except for the fact that most of what you're complaining about has nothing to do with DK. Granted, DK = tankier and NB = squishier but NB has much higher burst potential.

Your complaints that have nothing to do with DK:

- Charge
    - Bash
    - Heavy armor damage sets (i.e. Seventh Legion / Warrior's Fury)
    - Vigor
    - Crit resistance
    - Argonians
    - Swift trait (who still uses this after the nerf?)
    - Infused trait
    - Lethal Arrow

Your complaints that have something to do with DK:

- Wings (which is obviously very hard to sustain on a stam DK (and it's obvious you're complaining about stam and not mag)
    - Fossilize (ever tried to land this skill on a nightblade that's constantly moving or a streaking sorcerer?)

Wardens on the other hand now have Shimmering Shield which is way better than wings and although they don't have a good CC, they stun you like hell which comes down to the same thing imo.

To me, most classes seem kind of balanced at the moment. Some are squishier but have more burst, some are tankier but sacrifice damage in return. Except for maybe the heavy armor sets, I don't see your problem.
    Edited by The Uninvited on November 28, 2018 8:06AM

• The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy necro

Oh wait this is from this year. Wait, what year is it?!?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airyus wrote: »
    Hard to take you seriously when you have no credibile justification. You don’t even specify mag or Stam. Do you even know the history of consistent nefrfs and senseless gutting of the dk class? You ever play one and see how “overpowered” they are? GTFOutta here.

LOL, this is classic DK logic. The other day I was in the Imperial City where I encountered an ENTIRE GANG of DKs, 4 of them total, every single one of them flapping their ***-damned wings the second they see a Sorc. It's like watching a bunch of GEESE getting ready to take off! And NO, you can't kill DKs with just Curse and Force Pulse spam, so don't even try me with that ****. Not to mention that they enjoy using the same exact hard CC that was apparently too strong when Sorcs had it so Rune Cage had to be nerfed into the ground. Absolutely ridiculous that this supposedly "gutted and nerfed" class is so freaking popular! I wonder why? Maybe it's because they're OPAF?

Dude, it's time to stop the pity party. DKs are probably the second strongest class in the game right now, next to the equally scorn-worthy (and even more popular) Nightblades, who are also everywhere you turn. The Stamden Apocalypse I was expecting never really happened... I guess meta chasers are too cheap to buy the DLC? The fact is that DKs are as strong as they need to be and more, just not as overpowered as they were in 2014. Is that really what you guys mean by "'nerfed"... that you expect to return to 2014 DK/Bats era, or you'll never stop crying?

Don't even @ me. I know you guys well enough by now that I can predict all the hysterical rebuttals telling me I'm a trash Sorc, need to L2P, need to git gud, need to roll a DK (I have BTW) blah blah blah. I can already envision the long list of (lukewarm) nerfs that don't even compare to the (no vaseline) ***-****ing that's been done to Sorcs in the last few years. GTFO yerself!

Edited by Emma_Overload on November 28, 2018 5:46PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LEARN 2 PLAY NOOB!
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    @Izariel
    magdk or stamdk?
    what class are you,stam or mag?
    dks are far from over preforming stamdks worst stam class yes they are tanky but every other stam class is better
    magdk are far from over preforming they can be tanky but then they will have worst dmg if they have high dmg they can easily get 2 shot if they F-up one time unlike all other mag classes. yeah wings can hurt if your a pure range build but against more than one player they are sub-par compared to most other defenses and cost a lot of mag, and every class has atleast 2 abilities that cant be reflected . they also have worst sustain than all mag classes highest and highest avg cost to abilities.
    no dk can sustain wings for extened period of time with ooming.

this is 100% L2P issue

I personally think they are in a pretty good spot. 1 v 1 yes they can hold their own. In open battle they aren't game changing. For instance. Lets talk pre stun nerf on the mag sorc. In ranged open field they were game changers. It was basically point and stun and blow up. DK's have to be right next to you for all the OP builds.

Personally I think most skills should be dodgable/blockable/react in some way that does not involve running away behind a rock or something. Those are the OP skills. Spin to win radiant soulbeam thingy etc etc.

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize that buff bar also included the following (available to everyone):
    Mundus stone
    Food/drink buff
    Continuous attacks

I think I even saw battle spirit...

& it looked as though there was 1-3 other things that weren’t even buffs such as racial passives maybe?

I’ve seen addons do stuff like that were they will show more things than what you really care about & players are just too lazy to change/configure it.

Seems you misunderstood my simple statement. Nightblades have access to a lot of buffs that are put on useful skills/ passives. More so arguably than any other class. I'm just saying it would be nice if other classes got the same treatment. I made no mention of the guys bar in the video I referenced. I only added the video to show how dynamically a nightblade can be played compared to how stale some of the other classes have become.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem here is that you don’t recognize those buffs matter very little. If they mattered, you would be using standard instead of leap, but you’re not.

Killing power, the ability to hit your target, especially with low chance of being dodged, is far greater than “buff potential”.

Nightblades can almost have guaranteed hits from stealth. They can initiate a fight as fast as they can leave it. These are very strong attributes that make nightblades very unique.I don't even know how to address your comment about buffs/ debuffs because it's absolutely wrong.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightblades can almost have guaranteed hits from stealth. They can initiate a fight as fast as they can leave it. These are very strong attributes that make nightblades very unique.I don't even know how to address your comment about buffs/ debuffs because it's absolutely wrong.

You're wasting your time here. They will see what they want to see and bend the facts to act like this is patch 1.6

This whole thread is full of people that can't specify if what rekt them was a stamDk or MagDk.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 29, 2018 1:01AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf fossilize.
This discussion has been closed.