Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

It is time to nerf Stamblades and other things

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory post: "My stamblade is too weak". That is all.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    No more nerfs! Can't believe NB's, stamblades at that are still causing so many problems. I see em all the time cloaking in and out trying to get kills from afar. They melt like butter when you shine a little light on them which I routinely do lol. Barely use my NB for pvp anymore but no more nerfs!

this ^
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Stamblade v 1 is way too strong

Stamblade in a group vs group setting is way too weak.

Fight discretion (ability to choose when and where to start the fight) is not factored in to balance calculations at all.

Being OP in unorganized combat does not balance out being underpowered in organized combat. It just makes them unbalanced on both sides (albeit in different directions)

That would seem like exactly what NB would be intended to do. Which in of itself is fine. But I think Stamblade may be the only stamina class left with any real identity. And since ZOS is slowly homogenizing classes and/or removing the identy skills, NB tends to stand out (the whole sniping fiasco aside). And I could be wrong but stambaldes are only weak in a group vs group of evenly matched good players, where one group can focus down that stambalde easily while a dedicated healer keeps them alive. Otherwise a good stamblade can in theory create a lot of confusion and kills in a group setting. And most of Cyrodiil and even BGs is not equally skilled/numbered groups matching up. So stamblades sstill come off as strong in most day to day settings. Sadly, to balance the stamblade in terms of how combat currently is would mean toning down their damage buffs, burst abilility and giving them some group buffs and maybe survivability, which essentially means removing their class identity. So idk what a good answer would be and I really don’t care if people want to cheese gank. The sniping thing though does get to me. The only annoying bit is that in a 1v1 situation a good stamblade against an evenly matched opponent will probably win, and they have far superior disengagement tools. And their survivabilty isn’t so bad that they can’t sustain quite well outside of cloak.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 22, 2018 5:44AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, if anything they need to fix how badly break free works. Too many times a NB or stam-anything wins just because I can't break free for the entire duration of the stun on incap and DBoS, honorable mention to permafrost and petrify that also behave similarly. Before any nerfs to the classes or their skills, the need to really fix break free and I don't mean the placebos they've been handing out recently.

It's ridiculous for a fight to be balanced and then you get stunned for 5 sec and can't do anything about it. I'm sure everyone has been on either the giving or receiving side of it.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Eh, if anything they need to fix how badly break free works. Too many times a NB or stam-anything wins just because I can't break free for the entire duration of the stun on incap and DBoS, honorable mention to permafrost and petrify that also behave similarly. Before any nerfs to the classes or their skills, the need to really fix break free and I don't mean the placebos they've been handing out recently.

It's ridiculous for a fight to be balanced and then you get stunned for 5 sec and can't do anything about it. I'm sure everyone has been on either the giving or receiving side of it.

The cc‘s/stuns in this game are ridiculous, whether it’s working as intended or broken it’s definitely too much
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    To be the assassin class. Stamblades are as tanky as templars

Really? Templars that have eaaaasy access to Minor Protection, Major resistances that restore you resources and can be furtherly increased if you really marry the concept of "defending the house" and that have Major Protection while using a spammable Ulti that also does a fairly good amount of damage? Are we talking about the same class?

Good nightblades are difficult to kill because they know their tools quite well and they know how to dodge, avoid and reset fights. Being tanky is another matter completely and the amount of damage I can withstand on my 6 medium pieces stamplar is enough to kill my 6 medium pieces stamblade about 3 times.

Nightblades also have extremely easy access to major/minor ward/resolve... every time you cast SA or cloak or fear without using a GCD for 6+ seconds. Not saying it’s broken but NBs definitely have easy access to these.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    f08.gif
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Cloak. Buff Nightblade.

Side Note* Balance Snipe. Remove Major Defile. Add whatever else you want.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As cheesy as they are, it's about all they have. They are probably the easiest class to kill if they can't escape. They melt like butter otherwise. So yeah, they're annoying and can burst ya down but if you're fast enough to react and keep yourself alive then just chase em off. If you don't kill em, be proud of yourself that you were scary enough that they ran away.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only PvP on my StamNB lately because I dont have much time to play any more and to be honest I feel exactly like it was said above already, Nightblades are the only class left with some identity. I played every class Stam speced and some mag speced as well. Now when I log onto mz DK, Templar or Sorc I feel like there is some flavour missing. NB gives me the feel of playing elusive high burst, risk/reward gameplay I enjoy.
    I don't play sniper gank build, neither I enjoy runing damage procsets. But the oldshool stat focused 2h/bow build.
    It's fun, it has unique toolkit .. it has it's counters and one needs to know them look out for them and not get caught to survive ... know your timing, not to overextend etc.etc. but for the most part, IT'S FUN, unlike other classes that have gotten homogenized and stripped off their identity, pigeonholed into tank-till-turn-and-burn pr similar playstyles. Nightblade playstyle is dynamic and FUN.
    That's why most StamNB mains players play this class/spec.
    Edited by Stigant on November 23, 2018 6:42PM
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Stamblade v 1 is way too strong

Stamblade in a group vs group setting is way too weak.

Fight discretion (ability to choose when and where to start the fight) is not factored in to balance calculations at all.

Being OP in unorganized combat does not balance out being underpowered in organized combat. It just makes them unbalanced on both sides (albeit in different directions)

I don't think this is entirely true. If anything I believe stamblades are an extremely useful utility in group v group fights as long as you are organized and able to call out the right targets. They can set up for the kill quite easily.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    My only minor complaint about nb’s stealth is how they immediately can vanish when you are on top of them. I wish they had a minimum distance they had to be to go invisible. Maybe like 5m. Something reasonable that would not completely destroy the nightblades.

I’m pretty sure it’s not cloak. It’s the summon shade ability that they can teleport to after its been cast. That is how they seem to vanish when you are right on top of them. Then After the teleport they cloak and are gone.

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove cloak and make that a class shield. Fix fear so that a player can actually break free correctly.

You want invisibility and stealth in combat you use a potion. Thus there is a sacrifice in build selection, playstyle and use of potions.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Remove cloak and make that a class shield. Fix fear so that a player can actually break free correctly.

You want invisibility and stealth in combat you use a potion. Thus there is a sacrifice in build selection, playstyle and use of potions.

Can get on board with this but then you just have an upgraded mag Sorc in magblades. Class identity is essentially lost as they have given everyone old school mag Sorc burst with huge survivability.

• Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Then you probably need a bit more experience in PvP. I suggest you play all the classes and get to know them well. I am still having 1 v X fun on my sorcy and on most classes, except Stam dk and magden.

Nbs are squishy af unless playing as a full blown melee class. Before asking for nerfs in post after post I suggest being constructive and ask on counters and help with your game play. :) Good luck.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on November 25, 2018 1:16AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that feels everything feels pretty good except for maybe magden and stamdk which I don't play? And magsorcs I have seen do OK but the class does feel kind of homogonized a bit with the overload bar gone, and they still havent really offerend an alternative to using shields as a magsorc. Could use some flavor I guess I am saying.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play magick classes mainly...

TODAY, I dusted off my stamblade to go ganking...maybe its getting too powerful.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Am I the only one that feels everything feels pretty good except for maybe magden and stamdk which I don't play? And magsorcs I have seen do OK but the class does feel kind of homogonized a bit with the overload bar gone, and they still havent really offerend an alternative to using shields as a magsorc. Could use some flavor I guess I am saying.

That's exactly how I feel. except for I think magsorcs are still fine. Arguably still the best class in the game in pvp. magden and stam dk are the only two classes that need any buffing.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No nerfs.... bring everything else up to that level.........SAY NO TO NERFS..
  • HallowedUndead
    Skills are used in combination to work. Take away one skill and the class will form a new combo. Quit complaining over things that are counterable and just run the skills necessary to stop them.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing should be suppressed while cloaked just as DOTs are.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmon guys. give OP a break. I mean... I agree with yall that OP's post is a little one sides (too much)... but for those who encounter marginally well played stamblade in open world... we all can relate how many times they can rinse a repeat their combo until you make a mistake and die.... cmon.. you know what I mean.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Stamblade OP? Never noticed.

I feel the ganking classes are pretty weak tbh. As a magblade main I can tell you my self healing has been gutted; funnel health has been nerfed and can be reflected so I don't use it in pvp. Refreshing path do longer does damage so I don't use it.

As a magblade when a stamblade pops out of stealth and tries to gank me it's never a threat.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Cmon guys. give OP a break. I mean... I agree with yall that OP's post is a little one sides (too much)... but for those who encounter marginally well played stamblade in open world... we all can relate how many times they can rinse a repeat their combo until you make a mistake and die.... cmon.. you know what I mean.

Stamblades are indeed annoying, but manageable if you know what you are doing. Cloak is one of the most powerful defensive tools around, especially 1v1 or against an uncoordinated group. It is also completely hit or miss. Let me explain

1v1 - Stamblade with cloak and vigor. Uses cloak. Opponent uses AoE to pull from cloak. Vigor ticks. Both used a GCD but the HoT from Vigor allows the NB to come ahead. AoEs are also expensive or don't do much damage single target. There is also the chance that the opponent can miss the placement of the AoE.

1v uncoordinated X - Same as above. A coordinated duo can beat the NB if one communicates that he/she will spam AoE and the other times his/her damage with that.

Hit or Miss - if cloak works, it is extremely powerful. Can't be targeted, guarantees crit heals, invisible, empowers damage via passive, negates DoTs (what i personally think what makes it op) and can reposition into favorable positions easily. If cloak doesn't work, that is it, you wasted magicka.

I personally run detect pots. I have taken out high tier/popular gankblades with them. I can't stop a good gankblade alone without them. With them, I stand a chance, and more often than not, I get the kill.

The OP comes off as whiney, big headed, and annoying. His means of communication are borderline troll like and ineffective. The last comment about overload just fueled the fire. NB need cloak to function well. It is class defining. Can maybe tweak it, but it needs to retain spammable invis (as annoying as that is) to stay the ESO NB class.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @illuvatarr
    The only thing I mildly agree with is snipe and only because you can cast it 3 times before one hits and the player targeted acaully here's it.
    Yeah I think incap should of just had the stun removed completely does to much for cost/dmg
    To me biggest issue with cloak is you can cloak while rooted which makes zero sense.
    Overload light attack should be reflecable even though it's a ult and reasoning why is it is used like a weapon light attack so it's not like hit ounce it goes off if you have 500 ult you can hit it over 50 times and you can heavy attack with it that can t be reflected but must be melee range. Choices should matter
    (Side note- overload concept is bad I've played all mag classes the ability it self should be redone completely to. Single target burst ult with maybe 1 morph for splash dmg and other for stun)
    Edited by lucky_Sage on November 27, 2018 10:43PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB need cloak to function well. It is class defining.

I just find it funny that this is never an argument when it comes to other classes and nerfs to their class defining abilities...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Stamblades.........
    to OP points
    1. Sneak, every class can sneak, every class can use potions to sneak, aso. Maybe you meant cloak, well cloak is not that great anymore it uses more magicka now and therefor not very used nowadays.
    2. Bow is for sure not the strongest ranged weapon, imho it is the lightning staff, and to be honest using a bow in PvP or PVE is a pain, getting of burstdmg is since the changes on focus just no sense and no deal, it is not OP, it is UP
    3. don´t why you loose so fast so much health, buut you are sure doing something wrong, and you put to much points getting that much resistance which is capped way below what you have
    4. Dodge can every class, it is not limited to NB, put some points in it and enjoy

Then to your remark on Overload, if I remember well many thought Incap is way to cheap! What counts for Incap should also count for Overload, one use and it is done, not infintely firing an ultimate, no class has something the like.
    Overload is way OP!!!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    NB need cloak to function well. It is class defining.

I just find it funny that this is never an argument when it comes to other classes and nerfs to their class defining abilities...

I'm sitting here trying to think what really is what as far as class identity. A lot of things that were dont seem to be much or at least I cant pinpoint them from several other things that have come and gone.

Templar as an example. Is it BOL/ HTD ? Or is it the ability to cleanse 5 in stead of 2 effects a little cheaper but not as effective on groups dur to requiring a synergy with cooldowns. Blazing shield is rarely seen. RD seems to tell you what type of Templar rather than templar. Jabs and sweeps some templars dont even use.

Other classes seem about the same. Guess their identity is in a total package while NB puts it all in cloak, although they do have more tools to be elusive such as shadow image although it is super buggy again, and good single target burst from several abilities.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone makes "nerf stamblades" tread. Stamblades are like "How dare you we are the most balanced class out there" :)
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    1. Sneak, every class can sneak, every class can use potions to sneak, aso. Maybe you meant cloak, well cloak is not that great anymore it uses more magicka now and therefor not very used nowadays.

12lD.gif
    Edited by BNOC on November 28, 2018 3:56PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)