Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It is time to nerf Stamblades and other things

Illuvatarr
Illuvatarr
✭✭✭✭✭
Stamblades-The class is too strong in every way and the prevalence of people playing the class is ruining your game. I counted 15 stamblades today in between Nikel and Roe out of a total of 25 or so AD players.

1) Sneak should not be useable but once in combat and that is to escape. When someone goes into sneak/vanishes, projectiles currently in transit should hit them and not miss. It is pure cheese balancing. My understanding is the combat lead plays a stamblade, correct? I don't think he would balance based upon his personal preference but he might balance based upon failing to see how other classes function vis a vis this class. He might also be interested in leaving his mark on the game. This should be examined for balance.
2) Bow should be re-evaluated. It is currently the strongest ranged skill set in game and it gives an unfair advantage to stamina classes. A big part of this in the case of stamblades is the ability to snipe from stealth and then immediately re-enter stealth. Giving the primary melee stat the best ranged attacks as well as best ranged attacks is not serving your underlying mission of balancing the game.
3) Stamblade damage should be looked at. I have 30k physical resist on my toon and opening salvos from stamblades normally bring this down to 20 percent before I can react (through damage shields mind you). I imagine they are one shotting most other players. If the intent is for them to have the highest burst damage in game, understood. However, there should be a price for this level of damage output and it should be decreased survivability (like everyone else in game).
4) The class currently has two forms of binary damage mitigation. Sneak and Dodge, which can be used effectively an infinite number of times in combat if specced correctly. It is pure cheese balancing. No other class has close to this level of survivability. A good way to balance this is point one above and to limit the number of attacks that can be dodged with any one given dodge.

Mag Sorcs-

1) Overload light attacks should not be reflectable. Its an ultimate.

My post for the day.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's just your opinion.
    i disagree with every word you said, and i bet many others will disagree as well.
    why cant you place what you have said inside of an already existing thread instead of making a new one.

Edited by Gilvoth on November 20, 2018 8:58PM
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sir. Will continue to make these posts until the correct decision is made. Thank you for adding to the thread.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are already doing a pretty good job with NB balancing. Incap is still pretty strong and sustain is not as good as it used to be. Could be more balanced? Well yeah, but the real reason why nightblades are this strong is that they can go in heavy armor and hit high and have pretty good sustain without investing much in it. But that's because heavy armor and heavy armor sets are still so strong that medium is rarely taken into consideration for open world and small scale PvP.

The only thing I agree with you is the bow thing, especially when you talk about Snipe. But again, that is nothing related to the class. Snipe is the issue, that is a stupid skill, incredibly bugged and when associated with sneak, is simply the strongest and easiest stun in the game. Say bye bye to the whole "We don't want powerful stun associated with high damage". RIP being hit by 4 Snipes in a row without the ability to do anything because they hit you at the same time for 20k+ damage.

PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    No sir. Will continue to make these posts until the correct decision is made. Thank you for adding to the thread.

Correct decision or decision you find satisfying to your liking?

On a sidenote, just out of curiosity, what class/spec are you maining?
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing mmos for 20 years. I have never seen a more cheese class than nightblades. I have also never played a pvp mmo where the highest burst damage class in the game can continually turn invisible in a fight. It’s silly. I get beaten by better players who are nightblades without using sneak in combat. I am cool with that. The ability to use it in combat is pure cheese and completely imbalanced. It needs to be changed.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »

1) Both but it is to my liking because it’s the correct decision.
    2) Mag Sorc but does that really matter?:)

• Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know that there are undodgeable AoEs that also take NBs out of stealth, right? Bit to mention that StamNB has very limited amount of magicka to cloak continually as you describe it.
    Try to roll StamBlade, if you don't have one already, and play it for a while on lvl 50 in PvP. Than come back.

1) selfrighteousness and pride, ok ... saying "my opinion is the correct one". I do not agree

2) yeah ... so basically you 're keeping the tradition of magsorc complaining about StamBlades, and the other way around, alive.

Edit: to word better what I meant
    Edited by Stigant on November 20, 2018 9:37PM
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that infinite rolldodge is a fable every heavy magicka user likes to say.
    There is no such thing as infinite roll dodge, there is only not enough sustained pressure on your target

My EU Preciouses
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that there are undodgeable AoEs that also take NBs out of stealth, right? Bit to mention that StamNB has very limited amount of magicka to cloak continually as you describe it.
    Try to roll StamBlade, if you don't have one already, and play it for a while on lvl 50 in PvP. Than come back.

1) selfrighteousness and pride, ok ... my opinion is the correct one. I do not agree

2) yeah ... so basically you 're keeping the tradition of magsorc complaining about StamBlades, and the other way around, alive.

1) We can agree to disagree. You seem like an intelligent poster. Surprised you made the logical fallacy of jumping to ad hominem.

2) You are assuming a lot here. This isn’t a complaint; it’s a suggestion in the interest of playing a balanced game.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wild guess here, you're a Mag Sorc who has been getting killed by Stamblades.

Are we supposed to ignore the irony of you complaining about the inability to counter stamina abilities while demanding that your magic ability be unstoppable?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Your opinion is not correct, nor is it incorrect. Opinions, by definition of the word itself have no relevance to correct/incorrect. This is not fact, this is your interpretation of a situation you have absolutely no control over, nor have any reason to think that what you believe is "correct" matters to anyone but you.

You have to be careful with that word "should" and presenting your opinion as if its an expert one which has spent the time and effort to actually understand what you are speaking about.

The entirety of your argument is obvious bias towards stamina based nightblades . You provide no factual information other than hyperbole. How did you come across the class of the majority of players in an open field? Do you have some sort of tracking software installed that tells you what classes players are around you?

Reads like a low-key burn towards the class that kills you the most and you don't like it, so 10,000,000 people need to adapt to your version of this game.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they removed snipe from the game it would make PvP better. It’s completely stupid how you can stun using sneak/snipe but zos is like “wE d0NT wAnT hArDddd h1TinG aB1litIeZ StunNinG pEoPle” yet they never look at now snipe stuns you from stealth, not to mention how stupidly buggy it is and how it has ridiculous range. Why should someobody be able to use an ability that’s 40+ meters and does the same damage as dizzy swing. Not only that but either gives major defile or minor fracture/breach???? I also love how they nerf literally everything under the sun but never have they nerfed snipe once. Really makes me wonder if these brainless developers just want PvP to consist of snipe spammers. Before I trigger some hardcore snipe spamming zergling and get the “you can hear it and it has a cast time”
    Yea ok try hearing snipe when you’re fighting multiple people and some kid 40+ meters away is just snipping away.
    “You can easily dodge it”
    Once again, fighting 3 others and they’re likely spamming cc’s and roots
    Don’t even get me started on the health desync, just trot along in cyro or in BG’s and suddenly just go from 100% to 0% health in seconds as all 5 snipes all register at once but god forbid zos fixes that or even nerfs snipe. I swear the combat team all have the brain capacity of a jelly fish they are so incompetent.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

1. Your opinion is not correct, nor is it incorrect. Opinions, by definition of the word itself have no relevance to correct/incorrect. This is not fact, this is your interpretation of a situation you have absolutely no control over, nor have any reason to think that what you believe is "correct" matters to anyone but you.

You have to be careful with that word "should" and presenting your opinion as if its an expert one which has spent the time and effort to actually understand what you are speaking about.

The entirety of your argument is obvious bias towards stamina based nightblades . You provide no factual information other than hyperbole. How did you come across the class of the majority of players in an open field? Do you have some sort of tracking software installed that tells you what classes players are around you?

Reads like a low-key burn towards the class that kills you the most and you don't like it, so 10,000,000 people need to adapt to your version of this game.

Good post. I watched them sneaking in and out of combat. Hyperbole to you?

Not really. Have more trouble with other mag sorcs actually.

• Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭

1) selfrighteousness and pride, ok ... my opinion is the correct one. I do not agree

1) We can agree to disagree. You seem like an intelligent poster. Surprised you made the logical fallacy of jumping to ad hominem.

2) You are assuming a lot here. This isn’t a complaint; it’s a suggestion in the interest of playing a balanced game.

Btw after 20 years of MMOs haven't it occurred to you at least once, that StamBlade archetype, built decently, is actually a direct counter to a light armor "glass canon" archetype represented by a MagSorc in ESO? Because in every MMO I played, starting with UO and EQ this was more or less always the case.
    Of course you 'll have hard time against StamBlades on MagSorc ...
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You can easily dodge it", well no more thanks to Nerfmire. Now I break free from the stupid stun it puts on you, usually 3-4 seconds long and I can't dodge the rest of the Snipes incoming because I was spending the second before that cast trying to break free from that ***.

And god forbids, don't even get me started on sniping teams, when you die because you get hit by this ton of crap of a skill and they come out of sneak and they 3-4 all sneaking on the top of a hill.
    Such great playstyle, such a compelling experience. High pace fights? Skillful and balanced exchanges? Good theory crafting? Why oh why when you can just put a bow with random sets and just have a bot push the button for you all day.

WIN WIN!
    YAY!

My EU Preciouses
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes because there are options available to all classes to sneak in and out of combat. Also, I don't believe that you physically counted the number of players displaying this behavior. How did you differentiate repeat players vs unique players?

If you don't have trouble fighting or killing these players in the first place, then why do they need to be brought down to the levels you suggest? That doesn't make sense, are you trying to level the playing field in PVP for all players? Is this your job?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read my post above please. We are talking about balance on a macro level, not my individual experience. And that argument is faulty. My toon is built like a tank.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on November 20, 2018 9:46PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So in terms of "balance on a macro level" you want to reduce Stamblades to less resistant Stam DKs. After all, you are against sneaking, think the bow is OP, and want to punish dodge rolling. Which are 3 of the main skills/attributes that define a stamblade. Which, upon removal, would make them a wet noodle of a Dragonknight.

Oh yeah, while making your own Mag Sorc abilities undodgeable and unblockable. All in the name of balance.

giphy.gif

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be the assassin class. Stamblades are as tanky as templars
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes because there are options available to all classes to sneak in and out of combat. Also, I don't believe that you physically counted the number of players displaying this behavior. How did you differentiate repeat players vs unique players?

If you don't have trouble fighting or killing these players in the first place, then why do they need to be brought down to the levels you suggest? That doesn't make sense, are you trying to level the playing field in PVP for all players? Is this your job?

Yes, and it should be your job as well if you care about playing this game we all love long term. As I said above, there are nightblades (and members of other classes as well) who are simply better players and I will lose to them. Totally cool with that. Sneaking in and out of combat (only available to nightblades by the way) is pure cheese and takes away from the greatness of this game.

Also, as you may or may not be aware, if you mouse point over an enemy players chevron and they are close enough, you can see their name and other relevant information. Its also fairly easy to identify a nightblade.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on November 20, 2018 10:05PM
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    To be the assassin class. Stamblades are as tanky as templars

Really? Templars that have eaaaasy access to Minor Protection, Major resistances that restore you resources and can be furtherly increased if you really marry the concept of "defending the house" and that have Major Protection while using a spammable Ulti that also does a fairly good amount of damage? Are we talking about the same class?

Good nightblades are difficult to kill because they know their tools quite well and they know how to dodge, avoid and reset fights. Being tanky is another matter completely and the amount of damage I can withstand on my 6 medium pieces stamplar is enough to kill my 6 medium pieces stamblade about 3 times.

Edited by Weps on November 20, 2018 10:08PM

My EU Preciouses
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, and it should be your job as well if you care about playing this game we all love long term. As I said above, there are nightblades (and members of other classes as well) who are simply better players and I will lose to them. Totally cool with that. Sneaking in and out of combat (only available to nightblades by the way) is pure cheese and takes away from the greatness of this game.

Also, as you may or may not be aware, if you mouse point over an enemy players chevron and they are close enough, you can see their name and other relevant information. Its also fairly easy to identify a nightblade.

Well, to be honest I'm quite happy that is not your official job to balance this game out.
    We've already been through the sorc meta and it was way more broken even than the viper+veli crit stamblade one

My EU Preciouses
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol just gonna say that ya, snipe is OP. But its not like you can throw any set on for that. You have to have sets for your distance increase, bow increase etc. And these sets make u damn squishy. Get a ganker 1v1 and he's toast. Thats why we stealth away lol.

Those that get murdered by snipers are seeing the good days. If i ever do go sniping (and occasionally its fun) if its a bad night i could end up dying in melee fights and never getting any real lock or traction on a group. However, no one complains when that happens. and won't. Gankers gonna be ganked sometimes lol.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yhea... 32k health 25k res im just running ..and dead.... recap same player, snipe heavy , poison injection, snipe.

im like wtf just happen ? no sound no warning just dead.... then he comes to my dead body T bags me and cloaks .. aaa kid playing as nightblade that makes sense
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. No comment, don't care.
    2. It's not a lot to assume when it's the stigma of (our) Sorc class. (It's burned into the forum history, so it's known/expected.)

RIP integrity. :'(
    Edited by SirMewser on November 20, 2018 10:49PM
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming from an rpg perspective. It seems quite natural that an Assassin can murder a light armor wearing Mage if he gets the chance.

OP made it quite clear that he doesn't like to get killed while using the actual glass cannon, most bursty class in game, the Magsorc.

I main a DK and when I find a Nightblade he better cloak away because I'm going to reflect and heal through his burst combo and then I'm going to burn his sorry ass to the ground unless he gets to disappear.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did the stam blade touch you?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, you're not wrong but I just finished leveling a stamblade so..... NERF SORC.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild guess here, you're a Mag Sorc who has been getting killed by Stamblades.

Are we supposed to ignore the irony of you complaining about the inability to counter stamina abilities while demanding that your magic ability be unstoppable?
    What irony? Your post would have some merit if overload wasn’t an ultimate. It is.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at how every complaint of snipe, is really a complaint of stun or "health desync" (which is caused by stun).

What needs to be nerfed is the stun-from-stealth, it's stupid that it even exists.

Also nerf cloak, it's garbage gameplay. Cloak gameplay is not fun; just nerf it into Oblivion or remove it from game, and give NBs something else.