Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat mechanics - likes and dislikes

• twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    DoobZ69 wrote: »

I disagree with that design. It takes control away from what you are taunting.

Did I ever ask to remove single target taunt from game bro?
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

To this, an AoE taunt is not needed in this game and specifically the devs have stated that it is by design that everyone has a chance to get agro when mobs are engaged. They did not, and do not, intend for a tank to tank everything.

So an AoE taunt will not be added to the game.

Yep and its one of the reasons I'm looking to moving on. Love tanking, hate spamming the same button the entire dungeon. At some point the players change the game from how it was designed to be played to how its actually played. Whether they intend it or not it makes for a better run if things are taunted and grouped up. A tank will always try and hold as many targets as possible, making them press a button 6 times every pull VS 1 button every pull somehow makes for a better experience when achieving this? After years of this game, and being annoyed by this the whole time, I've no more patience for some of the stubborn+silly things in this game anymore, this including.
    Instead of defending or stating the status quo think about the result. When the 1 second shield cast was introduced by the devs the community turned it around. Was it not their intention and design to have the 1second shield cast? The community said NO and they somehow changed their intention and design. Your argument is worthless. Churr
    Edited by DoobZ69 on November 18, 2018 12:27AM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    I like it.

Good for you bro, mash away.
    Me, I rather save my fingers and hands for some more important things in life then playing video games.
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

Yep and its one of the reasons I'm looking to moving on. Love tanking, hate spamming the same button the entire dungeon. At some point the players change the game from how it was designed to be played to how its actually played. Whether they intend it or not it makes for a better run if things are taunted and grouped up. A tank will always try and hold as many targets as possible, making them press a button 6 times every pull VS 1 button every pull somehow makes for a better experience when achieving this? After years of this game, and being annoyed by this the whole time, I've no more patience for some of the stubborn+silly things in this game anymore, this including.
    Instead of defending or stating the status quo think about the result. When the 1 second shield cast was introduced by the devs the community turned it around. Was it not their intention and design to have the 1second shield cast? The community said NO and they somehow changed their intention and design. Your argument is worthless. Churr

I agree 100%.
    To me it feels like devs dont play their game and are out of touch with their gamers.
    Trying to design original features here and there is all good, I like that atitude, but when you see something isn't working and players aren't playing the game as you intended, what do you do?
    Exactly.

I also main a tank in ESO as in every MMO I ever played and yes I'm missing AE taunt as well it's just that it isn't a major issue for me because I'm mostly PVPing.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 18, 2018 1:00AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you may be worrying too much about getting a hard taunt applied to all enemies. Just taunt the 1-2 that are a real threat. For all the weaker enemies you can “soft taunt” simply by being the one to hit them first. Try using an AoE damage ability before others in your group and everything hit will attack you for several seconds. If they aren’t dead by the time they start to ignore you, then just immobilize them with Talons, or similar skills, or stun them all with Time Stop.
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Edit: practice it . Really work on it and you will get it down. I did and some fairly casual players I run with some got it figured out because they wanted to.

Rly bro?
    That's what you got out of my posts?
    That I can't button mash?

Being that you call it button mashing, yes. Seems like a fitting comment for someone who is challenged by it. Glad you got it down.
    Nobody likes it

I like it.

I dont like it

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HansProlo wrote: »
    Edit: practice it . Really work on it and you will get it down. I did and some fairly casual players I run with some got it figured out because they wanted to.

Rly bro?

Being that you call it button mashing, yes. Seems like a fitting comment for someone who is challenged by it. Glad you got it down.
    Nobody likes it

I like it.

I dont like it

I also don't like it.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think an aoe taunt is needed in this game. Talons is working really good and does the job.

if you lead off with cinder storm or even caltrops they arent going anywhere.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    i dont think an aoe taunt is needed in this game. Talons is working really good and does the job.

if you lead off with cinder storm or even caltrops they arent going anywhere.

This is the problem for me. Half the tanks want an aoe taunt and the other half aren't fussed about it. Those that aren't bothered suggest ways to get around it; be the first to do damage, drop a cc, etc. But you're giving a solution to a problem that already has a better and obvious solution. If ZOS include an aoe taunt, you don't have to use it. And it won't mess with the meta as has been suggested. If I'm going to taunt the five adds over five seconds, individually, then what difference does it make to do it to begin with?

For me, it's just ZOS not knowing how to give a tank something to do that doesn't potentially over buff or over protect the group.

Running to an add and poking them and then to another and another and then, oh wait, gotta bash that healer but oh no, a group mate has been upper cut, I need to get that enemy taunted but I've lost the first guy is so tedious.

Make the aoe taunt expensive so you don't spam it. Give it a small range. Have it's timer last only a few seconds. There are multiple ways to stop it being op.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

To this, an AoE taunt is not needed in this game and specifically the devs have stated that it is by design that everyone has a chance to get agro when mobs are engaged. They did not, and do not, intend for a tank to tank everything.

Couldn't agree more. I hate it when people say "just grab the big guy instead of everyone". No, I'm a tank and I have built a character to take a beating and protect the group and that I shall do.

I was doing an NCR as the only tank, which is fine and not hard. But on a couple of occasions, because the bird is so big and clunky, I couldn't quite get the other boss taunted so he ran off beating my dders up. Throw out the usual "taaaankkkk, what are you doing" cries. I tried to explain, but ultimately it was my fault.

Pierce armour debuffs the enemy which is huge. An aoe taunt doesn't have to do that.
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty much I’m agreement with the OP.

As for animation canceling, I don’t mind it too much but I’d prefer it not to be in the game because I feel a skill animation should be complete before the full damage is realized. Hopefully it’s a lesson learned for developers.
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's make a list of combat mechanics likes and dislikes as a feedback for developers so maybe we can all agree on things that need improvements.
    I'll go first.

- Active blocking and roll dodge -
    Huge selling point for me and on top of my list. Blocking provides slower pace and more strategic combat while roll dodging as a main damage mitigation is more of a hectic and fast paced combat style and the best part is, you can use both on same character and even in the same fight.
    Love it, can't think of anything that would improve it really.

- Aiming instead of tab/targeting
    Big one as well. Ever since I first played Age of Conan over a decade ago I can't stand tab/targeting no mo!

- Bashing/Interupting
    Standard and great mechanic. I'm glad it's not restricted to shields only.

- Light/medium/heavy attacks
    Good stuff.

- DISLIKES:

- 'Animation canceling'

One word: Teribad
    This is def not an intented mechanic but a bug that probably can't be fixed.
    In AoC we called it 'combo skipping' and it was labeled an exploit, but nobody ever got baned for using it because well, Funcom couldn't fix it.
    Funcom couldn't fix it a decade ago and I don't expect ZoS to fix it here, it's just a necesarry evil we have to live with.
    What annoys me about it in ESO though is the fact that is accepted as a mechanic and they even started making armor sets that forces 'weaving' on people.
    Which lands us in a situation that if you refuse to use it you'll fall behind dps by a big margin.
    I understand that it can't be fixed but can we please stop making armor sets that promote this 'mechanic' ?
    And change the bonuses of armor sets that !
    Let's make a list of combat mechanics likes and dislikes as a feedback for developers so maybe we can all agree on things that need improvements.
    I'll go first.

Huge selling point for me and on top of my list. Blocking provides slower pace and more strategic combat while roll dodging as a main damage mitigation is more of a hectic and fast paced combat style and the best part is, you can use both on same character and even in the same fight.
    Love it, can't think of anything that would improve it really.

- DISLIKES:

- 'Animation canceling'

One word: Teribad
    This is def not an intented mechanic but a bug that probably can't be fixed.
    In AoC we called it 'combo skipping' and it was labeled an exploit, but nobody ever got baned for using it because well, Funcom couldn't fix it.
    Funcom couldn't fix it a decade ago and I don't expect ZoS to fix it here, it's just a necesarry evil we have to live with.
    What annoys me about it in ESO though is the fact that is accepted as a mechanic and they even started making armor sets that forces 'weaving' on people.
    Which lands us in a situation that if you refuse to use it you'll fall behind dps by a big margin.
    I understand that it can't be fixed but can we please stop making armor sets that promote this 'mechanic' ?
    And change the bonuses of armor sets that already do, maybe?

This is a key point that most people don't seem to understand. Your biggest like only exists because of your biggest dislike. The combat system is designed to be dynamic, with real time reactions that include blocking, dodge rolling, casting a shield, heal, buff, or whatever is needed in real time.

You can't have any of these without the ability to cancel animations.

Each action is given a priority in the combat system, with light and heavy attacks having the lowest priority. Skills are next so you have the ability to use a buff, heal, or whatever is needed in real time. Active defense mechanics are next with blocking and dodge roll.

Without the ability to animation cancel, you would start a light attack just as you noticed that fireball coming straight at your head and you wouldnt be able to do anything about it until your animation finished.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »

This is a key point that most people don't seem to understand. Your biggest like only exists because of your biggest dislike. The combat system is designed to be dynamic, with real time reactions that include blocking, dodge rolling, casting a shield, heal, buff, or whatever is needed in real time.

Each action is given a priority in the combat system, with light and heavy attacks having the lowest priority. Skills are next so you have the ability to use a buff, heal, or whatever is needed in real time. Active defense mechanics are next with blocking and dodge roll.

Without the ability to animation cancel, you would start a light attack just as you noticed that fireball coming straight at your head and you wouldnt be able to do anything about it until your animation finished.

That's all good, if the canceled light attack didnt deliever it's damage BEFORE the animation even started.
    If you cancel any animation be it light attack or a buff, it should cancel the damage or buff as well.
    Problem solved, no more button mashing and you get to keep the animation cancel for all it's purposes and can balance the rest accordingly.
    To use your words... this is a key point that most people don't understand.

• Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's all good, if the canceled light attack didnt deliever it's damage BEFORE the animation even started.
    If you cancel any animation be it light attack or a buff, it should cancel the damage or buff as well.
    Problem solved, no more button mashing and you get to keep the animation cancel for all it's purposes and can balance the rest accordingly.

It isn't quite as easy as it might seem. Damage is currently applied server side based on button press. In order to do something like you're suggesting, each individual attack, skill, or action would need to be programmed individually based on animation time. Even then, the timing of the server might not match the client side due to lag, latency, graphics settings, etc.

This would also cause a complete unbalance of the combat system because not all animation times are the same. You'd have many skills become completely worthless simply because the cool animations take too long to complete.

You couldn't make this change and still have the global cooldown on attacks and skills because combat would slow to a crawl and almost every mob would need to be redesigned based on everyone's damage being halved.

Of course, they could remove the GCD, but this would have the opposite effect of what you're going for because it truly would be a button mashing fest. The new meta would simply be to find the skill with the shortest animation per magicka/stamina and spam it as fast as you can.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

It isn't quite as easy as it might seem. Damage is currently applied server side based on button press. In order to do something like you're suggesting, each individual attack, skill, or action would need to be programmed individually based on animation time. Even then, the timing of the server might not match the client side due to lag, latency, graphics settings, etc.

This would also cause a complete unbalance of the combat system because not all animation times are the same. You'd have many skills become completely worthless simply because the cool animations take too long to complete.

You couldn't make this change and still have the global cooldown on attacks and skills because combat would slow to a crawl and almost every mob would need to be redesigned based on everyone's damage being halved.

Of course, they could remove the GCD, but this would have the opposite effect of what you're going for because it truly would be a button mashing fest. The new meta would simply be to find the skill with the shortest animation per magicka/stamina and spam it as fast as you can.

Yes I understand that it's not easy, that's why I called it a 'bug' that can't be fixed and mentioned the same tech issue that plagued Age of Conan and it is in fact what killed AoC PVP and possibly the game.
    And I'm willing to live with it because it's only really important in trials and high end PVE, which personally I don't have to do if I don't feel like it because luckily, none of the armor sets I'm using in PVP come from trials.
    I also play a tank in PVE mainly so no biggie for me really.
    In PVP I can make do with only 'weaving' on my spamable and still do ok in fights.

What annoys me to no end is the fact that game design is supporting it and encouraging it and it's probably costing them a big number of PVE players that don't feel like 'learning' a mechanic that has no place in MMORPG gaming and only thing it does is destroying your fingers and hand muscles.

This isn't proffessional sport, it's entertainment, and gaming should be enjoyable and fun.
    People seems to often forget this simple fact.

Edited by Hochstapler on November 19, 2018 6:01PM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

Edited by Hochstapler on November 19, 2018 5:46PM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPS role
    There are dozens of ways of going about it. Getting bored with a mage?
    Try stamina, DW/Bow, Bow/Bow, 2H/bow. There are different types of skills, single target or AOE, DOTs or direct.
    There are different optimal distances to the enemy, different CP allocations, light attack ani-cancel builds, heavy attack builds, werewolf scratches, pets, no pets, do whichever you like. Light attack weaving once per second is basically all there is to animation cancelling, like it or hate it. Reactive survival techniques tie directly into the existence of cancelling animation in the game. There are several ways of going about the DD role, and still so many more that should be in the game.

Tanking -
    The DAMAGE SPONGE role by definition - ESO has two types of taunts available - poke a thing or laser beam a thing. There are similar mitigation CP allocations for every class. In a lot of earlier vet dungeon content you really only need to have a damage sponge around once in a while on certain bosses in a dungeon, if at all. The rest of the time ESO tanks do non-damage-sponge related things like debuffing and CCing enemies, or buffing allies, or trying to DPS, or trying to heal. If a new player comes to this game excited to try out taking damage for the team they'll probably get disappointed when they see it's a low key role for most of the time they spend in pledges. If established ESO tanks on the forums ever had access to a true AOE taunt it's going to be the end of the world, they say they're gonna get bored and leave, then who's going to be around to tank for the rest of us? Tanking needs a LOT more work than that. Just let them poke things one at a time in the meantime.

Healer role -
    Needed once in a while in 4 player content, a lot of DDs and tanks can still keep themselves alive self sufficiently. When they get to bosses where all the health bars seem to stay aloft on their own they'll fill the void by debuffing enemies, buffing allies, doing OK-ish DPS.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

I hope you find a game that fits you. I do not think I would have stuck around for years in a game I was annoyed with.

Sorry you find yourself so challenged with tanking in this game. As someone who has cleared almost everything in this game I have never thought for a moment that an AoE taunt was needed.

You are correct that Zos has shown a willingness to listen to feedback. However, using your own example, Zos refused to back down from nerfing shield. They merely altered how they nerfed it.

Considering extremely few has issues tanking in the game without an AoE taunt and seem to do quite well it does not seem fitting to suggest it is silliness or stubbornness involved with Zos, nor the tanking community, wanting an AoE taunt.
    Heck, the best justification you made in what I quoted is wanting to press buttons less often. That does not seem like a worthy justification.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rly bro?

I call it exactly what it is.
    You are the one trying to sugarcoat it and present it like some inovative combat feature that takes skills to master.
    Training your brain to automatism, what we call 'muscle memory" , to click one more button right before you click an ability button can be trained in 30 minutes in front of a practice skeleton, if that.
    There is absolutely no player skill involved in this endeavour.
    Nobody likes it, we put up with it because there are other actually enjoyable features in this fine game.
    Get it?
    I can explain what counts as a player skill if you want me to.

You are not calling as it is. You are merely trying to berate it because you do not like it for whatever reason. There is nothing of substance behind your statements whereas I explained the reasons and justifications behind it.

It really does not matter if you agree or not. But it is as it is and deal with it or not. It is clearly not changing anytime soon. Heck, even this thread has far little interest to be considered to have wide spread backing. It does not even register as a fraction of what the recent shield commanded.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go first.

- DISLIKES:

- 'Animation canceling'

I find this interesting. Especially since being able to actively block and roll dodge is the reason AC exists and Zos is not getting rid of it.

Of course the use of any skill must pass the 1 second GCD to fire if block or roll dodge is used afterwards. Otherwise it does not fire but we still have our block, etc. occur. AC can be fixed at the cost of being able to actively block and roll dodge.

It really is that simple.
    Dislike - I tank all the time and love doing dungeons. I am tired of spamming taunt all the time. A well designed aoe taunt would go a very long way. If its well designed it wouldn't become meta and wouldn't make tanking brain-dead easy/easier, it would enhance it and reduce repetitiveness.

Like - Blade of Woe is fun to use??

fred4 wrote: »
    putting light and heavy attacks on the global timer will generally resolve the issue. A very simple solution really.

some would lose their minds but it would be a better game for it.

Says the guy who obviously doesn't play magblade. People would lose their minds for a reason and ZOS would have to redo Grim Focus and other things to make them workable again. It's not simple.

The question is would you trade light weaving for improved performance because you kind of have to.

Hypothetical questions are not very relevant and pointless. I realize everyone becomes server load and game programing expert at times like these. Considering I have done many a trials without lag and most if not all were at least animation canceling light attacks it does seem the question is without merit.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    It is clearly not changing anytime soon.

You repeat something simmilar in every useless and condescending post of yours in this thread.
    It's really funny to watch a dude that called his forum account "I don't know" acting like a know-it-all wannabe.
    It's worth couple of LOLs and few LMAOs yes, but that's where it ends.

Unless you are a lead game designer or someone who calls the shots at ZoS you DO NOT KNOW what they might or might not do next.

This is a feedback thread about combat likes and dislikes and if you want to participate try sticking to the topic instead of criticizing other people's game preferances.

Or waste yours and everyone's time prophesizing about video game development lolz..
    I don't care either way.

Edited by Hochstapler on November 20, 2018 2:36AM
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    twofaced wrote: »

I disagree with that design. It takes control away from what you are taunting.

Did I ever ask to remove single target taunt from game bro?

No, if your suggested taunts anything for 6 seconds then you lose control of what you actually want taunted. For example if an extra group of adds is accidentally pulled then with an activation AOE taunt you have a choice as to whether you tank those adds or not but with your suggestion you don't, they will be taunted and may result in your death. I'm not having a go, I just don't think it will work well.
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

I hope you find a game that fits you. I do not think I would have stuck around for years in a game I was annoyed with.

Sorry you find yourself so challenged with tanking in this game. As someone who has cleared almost everything in this game I have never thought for a moment that an AoE taunt was needed.

You are correct that Zos has shown a willingness to listen to feedback. However, using your own example, Zos refused to back down from nerfing shield. They merely altered how they nerfed it.

Considering extremely few has issues tanking in the game without an AoE taunt and seem to do quite well it does not seem fitting to suggest it is silliness or stubbornness involved with Zos, nor the tanking community, wanting an AoE taunt.
    Heck, the best justification you made in what I quoted is wanting to press buttons less often. That does not seem like a worthy justification.

I am not saying the tanking is too hard, I'm saying it is unnecessarily a chore. Why would you go for the more difficult option? My example is that I can tank 6 things every pull and the only difference is that I have to press the same button 6 times when I could get it down to 1. And its not a matter of pressing less buttons, its a matter of not having to spam the same button every pull, every dungeon. There's plenty of examples where they've improved on skills and either made them non-active or active to enhance the gameplay. If there's exceptions to the rule then there are exceptions to the rule.

I'm not annoyed with the game overall, but some things do annoy me and I've reached my limit of how much I can tolerate. Therefore I am moving on. You are purposefully taking my words out of context and making it sound like I'm an imbecile by saying I'm playing a game I'm annoyed with for years. And by the way a lot of players are annoyed with the game and are still playing it because they have hope that it will improve and complain in-game, voice chat, forums and discord chat. Just telling them to leave helps the game how exactly? Less funding equals less content, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

The bottom line is that I don't like not being able to AOE taunt, it has nothing to do with capability. Some players ^ have agreed with my assessment. Yes, the developers designed a game to work a certain way but what happens when people try it and leave? Who are you going to blame, the players or the developers for not adjusting to what would keep players around? The OP asked what I don't like, I voiced my dislike and if I am the only one then so be it, should I only answer posts where everyone agrees with me? I think not. Public forum.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is clearly not changing anytime soon.

You repeat something simmilar in every useless and condescending post of yours in this thread.
    It's really funny to watch a dude that called his forum account "I don't know" acting like a know-it-all wannabe.
    It's worth couple of LOLs and few LMAOs yes, but that's where it ends.

Unless you are a lead game designer or someone who calls the shots at ZoS you DO NOT KNOW what they might or might not do next.

This is a feedback thread about combat likes and dislikes and if you want to participate try sticking to the topic instead of criticizing other people's game preferances.

Or waste yours and everyone's time prophesizing about video game development lolz..
    I don't care either way.

lmao, you delete the pertinent information seemingly because it would have been more convenient.

You are permitted to have your opinion. I merely pointed out the reason for one thing you liked was because of something you did not like. The link is indisputable by anyone who understands the combat design in this game. It seems more that you take issue that someone disagrees with your post even though you clearly wanted our thoughts on the matter.

Further, you can say all you want that I "DO NOT KNOW" as you did above. But anyone who has payed attention to this game and the devs actions and comments the past few years knows two things.

1. the devs have said animation canceling is here to stay, they blessed it.

2. the devs have double down on that several times by making weaving light attacks more important for getting the best DSPS. LAs do more damage than HA.

So we are not really talking about prophesy, but the devs clear actions and comments on the matter.
    Edited by idk on November 20, 2018 3:01AM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    stuff..

Thanks for bumping my thread every time it drops a little, bro.
    In that respect, your condencending posts aren't all that useless, even though you didn't participate in the thread's topic.
    I appreciate it.

Edited by Hochstapler on November 20, 2018 2:57AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

The bottom line is that I don't like not being able to AOE taunt,.

And that is fine. Heck, I do not like the boring unengaged tanking games like WoW have.

No game can have everything meet everyone's liking. Certainly someone wanting something a different way is not a compelling reason to add something to the game. Especially something that might make something easier might be enough of a reason not to add it.

All I am saying is Zos intends for a tank not to tank everything and that has worked just fine for well over 4 years in all content this game offers. You have not offered a compelling reason this needs to change.

It is that simple. We can agree to disagree and if Zos agrees with you and decides it is time for them to change their mind I guess we will see an AoE taunt added. If not, then oh well.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuff..

Thanks for bumping my thread every time it drops a little, bro.
    In that respect, your condencending posts aren't all that useless, even though you didn't participate in the thread's topic.
    I appreciate it.

You are welcome. Especially since it is clear few seem interested .,

You have actually derailed your thread a bit with those meaningless replies that only try to put me down, yet you call me condescending. lol
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

The bottom line is that I don't like not being able to AOE taunt,.

And that is fine. Heck, I do not like the boring unengaged tanking games like WoW have.

No game can have everything meet everyone's liking. Certainly someone wanting something a different way is not a compelling reason to add something to the game. Especially something that might make something easier might be enough of a reason not to add it.

All I am saying is Zos intends for a tank not to tank everything and that has worked just fine for well over 4 years in all content this game offers. You have not offered a compelling reason this needs to change.

It is that simple. We can agree to disagree and if Zos agrees with you and decides it is time for them to change their mind I guess we will see an AoE taunt added. If not, then oh well.

Agreed. I'm coming from a point of view of why there are so few tanks in this game. There's many other reasons but I would say this is one of them as well. As you say, we'll see what time will tell. To be honest I'm keen to see this "development new approach" and how it plays out with the racial changes, maybe its a sign of good things to come. One can hope.