Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Black Hair for Glorious Altmer

Claudman
Claudman
✭✭✭✭✭
So my Altmer can be as gorgeous and beautiful as Leythen.

350?cb=20180728082533

Zenimax pls.
Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Scythe_Mercer
    Scythe_Mercer
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ahhhhh yes

I knew there was something special about him but I couldn't tell what it is
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    ahhhhh yes

I knew there was something special about him but I couldn't tell what it is

Oh dang, yes! :D
    Edited by kadochka on November 7, 2018 3:22AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! One feature I liked from gw2, hair dye packs.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hair Dye tokens should have been a thing a long time ago.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Also yes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Altmer Dovahkiin can have black hair, why not my Altmer Hero of the Dominion?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a "normal" windows color picker for everything....
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the darkest altmer hair color in character creation is like blonde, hmmmmmmmmm
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Black hair on altmer is just... majestic
    ZoS, PLZ...
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I would pay crowns for a hair dye packs! Why can't my dunmer have fiery orange hair, while my altmer can? Why can't my altmer have blood-red hair, while my dunmer can?

They don't limit hairstyles by race that much, you can get them from the crown store. Why are hair colors so limited? Haven't they invented dyes in Tamriel?

I'm not even asking for something outlandish, like anime hair colors or pink stripes... Just make it so all the regular hair dye packs can be applied to any race!

Pretty please, ZOS!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is long past time that ZOS, at a minimum, unlocked ALL the haircolors and ALL the eyecolors. Sell them in a moderately priced pack just as they did the hairstyles and makeup/markings options they did ages ago. Additionally, I really feel they should unlock all the skin colors for each race.
    Edited by MornaBaine on November 7, 2018 10:47AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? Look at him, he's a cross between a hipster and a goth. A gothster! No sir!
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear a cap and pretend that your hair are black beneath B)

That said, a colour picker for hair and eyes would lead to all manner of silly anime hair scouring Tamriel, so I'd rather not see that.

Giving a bit more variety ("all races, all colours" in the crown store?) would be nice, though
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure! Bonus points if they unequip after jumping into water! ;)

But yeah, its been asked for since... forever.

And I really think they should put some unlock in the crown store to use "nonstandard" hair and skin colors in chargen (think of all the appearance change tokens you could sell to altmer characters wanting to have black hair!), for those who wish to make "halfbreed" characters, like altmer with maybe some ayleid blood (which is how I always saw the "black hair high elf denied to players", fluff-wise...)
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hair dyes need to be a thing. I really want to make a dramatic altmer with long black hair, please ZOS make my dreams come true.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure! Bonus points if they unequip after jumping into water! ;)

But yeah, its been asked for since... forever.

And I really think they should put some unlock in the crown store to use "nonstandard" hair and skin colors in chargen (think of all the appearance change tokens you could sell to altmer characters wanting to have black hair!), for those who wish to make "halfbreed" characters, like altmer with maybe some ayleid blood (which is how I always saw the "black hair high elf denied to players", fluff-wise...)

My (should-be) black haired Altmer is Maomer. Or part anyway.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    ...and wouldn't it be cool to -show- that in character appearance?
    I mean, there may be skins and such, but they often get unequipped (while wearing a disguise for example)... I would love to see such options for the chargen selection... let altmer have black hair, and maybe silvery skin too to show "maormer heritage"! Let there be wider ranges of hair and skin colors... for those who enjoy to make such backstories for their characters!

Look ZOS, look! There is profit to be made here! PROFIT I say! You know you want to add more things to the crown store for players to spend their money on, right? :p;)
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this 100%!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2330+
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, there may be skins and such, but they often get unequipped (while wearing a disguise for example)... I would love to see such options for the chargen selection... let altmer have black hair, and maybe silvery skin too to show "maormer heritage"! Let there be wider ranges of hair and skin colors... for those who enjoy to make such backstories for their characters!

Look ZOS, look! There is profit to be made here! PROFIT I say! You know you want to add more things to the crown store for players to spend their money on, right? :p;)

For a company as money hungry as ZOS clearly is they sure do miss a lot of EASY opportunities to get us to cheerfully part with our hard cash.

• Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine Tell me about it! :s

I've been waiting desperately for an additional character slot...That damnable odd number of 15 has me on edge! Just make it 16! lol
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    For a company as money hungry as ZOS clearly is they sure do miss a lot of EASY opportunities to get us to cheerfully part with our hard cash.
    Indeed they do.
    Between more appearance options, more character slots, additional clutter for housing, more crown store races or more outfit visuals...
    Still, who knows? Maybe in time they will do some of it...
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MornaBaine wrote: »
    Indeed they do.
    Between more appearance options, more character slots, additional clutter for housing, more crown store races or more outfit visuals...
    Still, who knows? Maybe in time they will do some of it...

I would like to hope so. It's just weird how they won't even do the popular requests that would be EASY and require no new assets.

• Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wanting black hair for my main (Altmer sorc) since I created him. Come on, ZOS!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black hair, and also dark brown hair as well. The darkest Altmer can have is a dirt-colored medium brown.

Plus, there's a shade of red hair that a lot of NPC Nords have, that is mysteriously absent in character creation. Give us that beautiful natural shade of red for Nords, too, please.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a crown store purchase for reselecting your characters hair at any time (and I love it!), so why not a similar purchase to reselect your hair color and eye color? Once purchased, it could let you select any colors you've unlocked for the clothing system.

Edit: Looking at the crown store right now, I was referring to the Cosmetic Pack: Hair Styles which costs 1000 crowns. Once purchased, you can reselect the hair for any of your characters at any time, or return them to their "Default" which is what you originally picked for them during character selection. In effect, it adds each of the different default hair styles to your collections where they mix with any others received from crates or purchased separately. There are other Cosmetic Packs that work similarly like Body Markings, Face Markings, and Adornments. This is exactly how I'd like to see hair and eye colorings set up - you purchase the Cosmetic Pack for them and you get all of the default colors added to your collections menu where you can reselect them at any time for your characters. As they are colors, it makes sense to weave them together with the clothing coloring system in place.
    Edited by Ertosi on November 11, 2018 12:58AM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • TaliColdwater
    TaliColdwater
    ✭✭✭
    Yessssssssss. <3
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe add more reasonable option on the character creation but dont add some extreme nonsense color.
    eso character creation is considered lame than any other good loking mmorpg.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    There's a crown store purchase for reselecting your characters hair at any time (and I love it!), so why not a similar purchase to reselect your hair color and eye color? Once purchased, it could let you select any colors you've unlocked for the clothing system.

Edit: Looking at the crown store right now, I was referring to the Cosmetic Pack: Hair Styles which costs 1000 crowns. Once purchased, you can reselect the hair for any of your characters at any time, or return them to their "Default" which is what you originally picked for them during character selection. In effect, it adds each of the different default hair styles to your collections where they mix with any others received from crates or purchased separately. There are other Cosmetic Packs that work similarly like Body Markings, Face Markings, and Adornments. This is exactly how I'd like to see hair and eye colorings set up - you purchase the Cosmetic Pack for them and you get all of the default colors added to your collections menu where you can reselect them at any time for your characters. As they are colors, it makes sense to weave them together with the clothing coloring system in place.

And we've been begging them to do just that ever since other cosmetic packs came out. I just don't understand why they still refuse to do it.

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My khajiit vampire has black hair and white fur, and it looks awesome. He will become high elf someday, and he really needs to have black hair after race change as well, to compliment his snowy dead skin :/ Maybe by that time developers will finally release such simple thing as hair color pack where we can choose any hair dyes no matter the race of our character...