The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Khajiit vs Argonian Thieves, Which is More Honorable?

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiits - best thieves
    Argonians - best assassins
    Both are good rogues.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about me? I find the initial post racist and naughty manipulation. I know that OP in general doesn't like Argonians. It's how you manipulate facts to make the other people think Khajiit are better, when they aren't :p .
    You voted for Khajiit in your own poll, which explains everything ;).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    argonian cops
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Thieves
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Orc thieves

Ogre Ninja anyone?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they were both made into slaves for a Good Reason.
    should be kept that way or could loose control of Nirn Completely.
  • Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian Thieves
    Oh, pls, be generous! Why not say that argonians are the best thieves?! A thief well-dressed in his pride is easier prey for pickpocketing.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer.
    The Rite (Right) of Theft.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer!
    My tiny dragonknight lives for the Rite of Theft. :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think thieves (or killers of innocents) can be honorable. When my characters commit crimes, I always have bad feeling, but I need that loot :/ When they steal, wealthy manors and poor shacks do not make any difference for them - everything there will be looted and owners will be killed if there is need...
    I feel like a Khajiit thief is more honorable and has atleast some form of morals while a Argonian thief is more likely to stick a knife in you in an attempt to get your coin purse

My khajiit and argonians are both very likely to do it - no morals when there is tasty loot; and NPCs fortunately can't be actually upset cause they are not real players :) We can only imagine that NPCs are upset as part of roleplaying, but I don't do it and just look at them as loot source - they were made killable for this very reason, and they respawn and happily walk through their own corpses without a clue :D
    I won't want to upset real player though; for example if I see enemy player trying to open treasure chest in PvP zone, I will not try to kill them, cause it could ruin the mood of actual real person. But when I see bandit NPC tyring to "open" treasure chest" in PvE zone (like those events in Hew's Bane for example), even though NPC cries "My pick! You broke my pick!.." I might have some uncomfortable feeling from RP perspective, but at least I know it's just NPC :)

Actually, I finally leveled Shadow Rider on my warden dragon a week ago (all by doing Dark Brotherhood dailies whole day), and he was almost never caught even though he was not wearing any stealthy sets and was in 7 pieces of light armor. I sometimes even forgot that it was not my khajiit main :D They both felt like equally natural killers... The only noticeable difference is that this khajiit is level 12 in Dark Brotherhood, and this argonian - even though very evil looking - will never be higher level that 7 in their ranks. He got his passive, so he has no need to slay more innocents.

eL4XsDG.jpg

Hlvej6h.jpg

My templar healer is khajiit, and even though she is rather peaceful, she also had no mercy when she had to level Dark Brotherhood. Poor NPCs didn't expect anything bad from cute cat in typical white healer's robe :'( It's something that had to be done, not for fun.

If I had extremely strong morals even for video game (I saw people who don't even enter Gold Coast zone with characters who are peaceful in their RP story), my characters would have to suffer without nice loot and without one of the best passives.
    Few days ago I went to collect treasure map in Cyrodiil, in place where there are lot of enemy NPCs. When I arrived I saw enemy player running to me; he behaved aggressively and tried to engage in fight and attacked me few times. I didn't dismount and started to jump and ride very close to NPCs on my mount hidden in shadows thanks to Dark Brotherhood, and the player followed me but aggroed all NPCs on his way :D In the end he gave up and run away from them and away to some more interesting place, so I peacefully collected my treasure :) Thanks to all the innocent NPC blood spilled in the name of Brotherhood, me and other player were saved from ourselves :smiley:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Thieves
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I don't think thieves (or killers of innocents) can be honorable. When my characters commit crimes, I always have bad feeling, but I need that loot :/ When they steal, wealthy manors and poor shacks do not make any difference for them - everything there will be looted and owners will be killed if there is need...
    I feel like a Khajiit thief is more honorable and has atleast some form of morals while a Argonian thief is more likely to stick a knife in you in an attempt to get your coin purse

My khajiit and argonians are both very likely to do it - no morals when there is tasty loot; and NPCs fortunately can't be actually upset cause they are not real players :) We can only imagine that NPCs are upset as part of roleplaying, but I don't do it and just look at them as loot source - they were made killable for this very reason, and they respawn and happily walk through their own corpses without a clue :D
    I won't want to upset real player though; for example if I see enemy player trying to open treasure chest in PvP zone, I will not try to kill them, cause it could ruin the mood of actual real person. But when I see bandit NPC tyring to "open" treasure chest" in PvE zone (like those events in Hew's Bane for example), even though NPC cries "My pick! You broke my pick!.." I might have some uncomfortable feeling from RP perspective, but at least I know it's just NPC :)

Actually, I finally leveled Shadow Rider on my warden dragon a week ago (all by doing Dark Brotherhood dailies whole day), and he was almost never caught even though he was not wearing any stealthy sets and was in 7 pieces of light armor. I sometimes even forgot that it was not my khajiit main :D They both felt like equally natural killers... The only noticeable difference is that this khajiit is level 12 in Dark Brotherhood, and this argonian - even though very evil looking - will never be higher level that 7 in their ranks. He got his passive, so he has no need to slay more innocents.

eL4XsDG.jpg

Hlvej6h.jpg

My templar healer is khajiit, and even though she is rather peaceful, she also had no mercy when she had to level Dark Brotherhood. Poor NPCs didn't expect anything bad from cute cat in typical white healer's robe :'( It's something that had to be done, not for fun.

If I had extremely strong morals even for video game (I saw people who don't even enter Gold Coast zone with characters who are peaceful in their RP story), my characters would have to suffer without nice loot and without one of the best passives.
    Few days ago I went to collect treasure map in Cyrodiil, in place where there are lot of enemy NPCs. When I arrived I saw enemy player running to me; he behaved aggressively and tried to engage in fight and attacked me few times. I didn't dismount and started to jump and ride very close to NPCs on my mount hidden in shadows thanks to Dark Brotherhood, and the player followed me but aggroed all NPCs on his way :D In the end he gave up and run away from them and away to some more interesting place, so I peacefully collected my treasure :) Thanks to all the innocent NPC blood spilled in the name of Brotherhood, me and other player were saved from ourselves :smiley:

clearly that argonian murderer did it more hatefully. the khajiit on top needed to provide for their cubs
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Thieves
    Aren't the cats addicted to skooma? Or is that the Argonians? Can't trust addicts so I am going argonian. Wait arent Honor and Thief oxy morons?