The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you buy DLC even when you own ESO Plus?

bzz86
bzz86
✭✭✭✭
I am just wondering if people buy DLC even when they own ESO Plus? And if so why?

I do buy collectors bundle for the additional items :)

Do you buy DLC even when you own ESO Plus? 142 votes

Yes - Collectors Bundle for the extras included in pack
18%
AcrolasYulsSnitsilvermistktralasub17_ESOSilverwillowkamimarkJKorrFilteredRiddlelagrueFLL200CYamiKurukuSydneyGreyNeetarThannazzarTonyRockaroninightstrikeWildberryjackDrybonez32bzz86NemisisNaxus911 26 votes
Yes - Standard DLC
15%
Iruil_ESODanikatShareeElsonsoDarkhorse1975rlukeG1CountdownDanteYodaKelcesUltravylenceCadburyBananasusmitdsboggoSevnEnokarielcolossalvoidsRodrigo5todoketeAurayna 22 votes
No - What for - I already have ESO Plus
48%
Moloch1514rook3162005DarcyMardinwodkamanostrab16_ESOixieAlienSlofAektannLivvyIndorilArwynLlethranblackdragons27AhzekEmirriiNolaArchredspecter23MProskCillion3117VaranaEasily_LostmagictucktuckGlaiceana 69 votes
Other - Please explain
17%
DaveMoeDeeSkuaLoralai_907KoovsterleeuxXDark_One13DawnbladeFischblutJacen_VeronPaxDeorumDeep_01RABIDxWOLVERINEPwoodovakiin5574eso_nyasusniandCrisXDTheCyberDruidwolf486WildRaptorX 25 votes
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I never had paid ESO+ sub so far :(
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    I never had paid ESO+ sub so far :(

If you play - you should :) just for crafting bag its worth it. Do you buy all your DLC-s than ?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Standard DLC
    Yes - because I only sub occasionally.

So far I've had a 30-day sub on 3 separate occasions over the course of about 3 years, because I wanted temporary access to one or more of the benefits, and at least once I used some of the crowns that came with it to buy DLC. If we don't get a crown sale before I next want to buy crowns I might get a 6 month sub because with the extra crowns it works out much cheaper than any of the crown packs, and I don't have Clockwork City yet so I'll probably use some of the crowns to buy that.

A subscription doesn't work with my erratic play schedule, I can easily end up paying for time I never actually use, and I don't want most of the benefits so it's much cheaper for me to buy the DLC I want than to subscribe for access.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Standard DLC
    I don't envision I will be on ESO Plus forever. This way, if they don't gift them all to everyone at the end, I can play without paying during the final months of the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't envision I will be on ESO Plus forever. This way, if they don't gift them all to everyone at the end, I can play without paying during the final months of the game.

Thats actually something I did not think about - but it seems smart.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I do sub. However RL stuff happens, and someday I might not be able to keep my sub for some reason. If I use the crowns I get from the sub to buy the dlc, I keep access to the dlc even if I don't have the sub. Not too much of a hardship for me to use the crowns for dlc instead of crown store stuff, unless there are senche mounts or cat pets in there......
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No point. The day I drop sub is the day I stop playing.
    PC/EU DC
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I buy only non-dungeon DLCs; just in case I will finally decide to not subrcribe but will still want to play. Dungeon DLCs need to cost no more than 500 crowns to make me buy them :D
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fischblut I think 500 is beyond dreams :-)
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I don’t but I wish I used the eso+ crowns to buy DLC every 3 months
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    The majority of the time, I rely on my eso plus but I might buy the DLC collectors bundles for the extras.
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Because you never know when life will throw you a curve ball and you literally can't spare even the little each month for a sub. I've been there. So if it happens again as long as I can get online somehow I can still play all the areas of the game even though I'd have to let my sub go. I wait till the DLCs are on sale then buy them.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i have taken a couple breaks for a few months since it came out and i just dropped my sub, then when i came back i got it again. idk why someone would do otherwise unless they are really cheap/ no job and lives with mom and dad. 15 a month for hours of entertainment every day is the cheapest of bills and save me money since i don't blow hundred of dollars on the weekend to go out and drink or movies. I mean going out to drink or the movies is like 6 months of eso lol so unless your super casual your saving money, and im guessing if you're on the forums you're not.

Edited by magictucktuck on November 5, 2018 2:41PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    Before crafting bags and back when there would be regular sales of 5500 crowns for $24, it was way cheaper to buy DLC outright and it meant permanent access. Now, crown sales aren't as good, and inventory management buffs make that barely matter anyway.

Now I sub on and off and that is how I access all dungeon-only DLC and how I played through DB, CWC, and now Murkmire. I did buy DB when it was 75% off and would do the same for the other DLC if they have a 75% off sale since I have a lot of crowns with nothing else to spend them on since I already own the assistants and all character slots. Heck, I even bought one 2k crown storage bin even though I despise paying crowns for anything I can earn in-game. I'd rather sit on crowns, waiting for another assistant or more character slots.

If CWC is 75% off during event, I'll grab it. If only 50% off, I'll skip it.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i have taken a couple breaks for a few months since it came out and i just dropped my sub, then when i came back i got it again. idk why someone would do otherwise unless they are really cheap/ no job and lives with mom and dad. 15 a month for hours of entertainment every day is the cheapest of bills and save me money since i don't blow hundred of dollars on the weekend to go out and drink or movies. I mean going out to drink or the movies is like 6 months of eso lol so unless your super casual your saving money, and im guessing if you're on the forums you're not.

I am not sure if i understand right, but ill answer what I think you mean...

I have two children, full time job and am casual. I do buy DLCs for collectibles and use forum with one hand while either feeding or getting my youngest(6monts) to sleep - as now ;-)

If I misunderstood - I apologize.

Also I miss time when I could go out, have a drink or/and watch a movie :)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I think 500 is beyond dreams :-)

We had Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs at discount price of 500 crowns during their anniversaries :) And whole Wrothgar for 750 crowns. I was slightly sad, cause I already had those when I bought "Guild and Glory" pack long time before we got such nice discounts :/ But it was still very pleasant to see them all for sale <3

For some reasons we still haven't had any dungeon anniversaries to get them at nice price and to have opportunity to buy those Collector Editions if we like, but I always have hope :'(
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I think 500 is beyond dreams :-)

We had Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs at discount price of 500 crowns during their anniversaries :) And whole Wrothgar for 750 crowns. I was slightly sad, cause I already had those when I bought "Guild and Glory" pack long time before we got such nice discounts :/ But it was still very pleasant to see them all for sale <3

For some reasons we still haven't had any dungeon anniversaries to get them at nice price and to have opportunity to buy those Collector Editions if we like, but I always have hope :'(

Oh. Did not know. I usually buy DLC as soon as I have crowns so if promo is not up I just 'pay the price'. Maybe I shouldn't.... But I am sure a lot of people do both.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I don't buy the DLC even when I don't have ESO+. If I ever sub again (though it looks unlikely), I'll play them then.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I bought Gold Edition which came with 4 DLCs but never bought other DLC
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    Yes, when it goes on sale for the first time and only the standard edition. I do like to get my swag when buying chapters though...
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    i did buy morrowind and summerset. murkmire will be a login reward. thus cwc will be the only dlc from the last two years i cared for and dont own outside of eso+.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    significant majority does not buy the DLC-s. at the moment 46% with 26 votes.

I expected that more people would buy them.
  • Da_Leroy
    Da_Leroy
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I buy only non-dungeon DLCs; just in case I will finally decide to not subrcribe but will still want to play. Dungeon DLCs need to cost no more than 500 crowns to make me buy them :D

Good luck then
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Standard DLC
    There is only so much cosmetic stuff i want (read: almost none) so what else to use the free crowns for? Might as well buy the DLC in case i stop subbing sometime in the future.
  • Arkray
    Arkray
    ✭✭✭
    No. At first I was saving the monthly crowns to buy the DLCs just in case I wanted to unsubscribe some day, but one day I noticed I won't ever play this game without plus so I started to spend them in convenience stuff.
    "Ah, magic! The solution to all life's problems. I love magic! It's so... magical."
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I buy only non-dungeon DLCs, only with crowns and only if there is a significant discount (just like when Wrothgar was on sale with 75% discount).
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes - Standard DLC
    Yes i bought a few of the better DLC while on ESO+ in case like i am now a non ESO+ member i can still play them.

I bought the 4 pack with Orsinium and Clockwork city.

I do not buy dungeon only DLC because its a waste of time and money.
    Edited by DanteYoda on November 8, 2018 12:50AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did once for the sake of getting the collector's items offered when you bought the DLC. Luckily, I didn't like any of the stuff they offered with Murkmire, so I didn't buy it.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its interesting. To be honest I expected more people to buy the DLC-s but it seems I was completely wrong. Clearly more people prefer ESO Plus with free DLC experience.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no plans to drop ESO+ so I have ne need to buy the DLCs.