Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Where do these issues that so many people complain about come from?

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say I've encountered many bugs either. I get disconnected occasionally, but that's about it.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me give you an example. If you went into PvP and a nightblade killed you, from stealth, with an instant Incap Strike -> Assassin's Will combo, would you chalk it up merely to nightblades being OP? Would you maybe blame yourself for not having had shields up? Or would you have known it was a bug?

It was, in fact, an exploit. For the whole Summerset patch nightblades could build an Assassin's Will bow proc in advance of going into combat, which was not supposed to be possible.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're probably one of those people who play games at 10 fps and is like "this is perfectly fine i don't need more fps than this"
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's another long-standing issue, which I'm not sure has been fixed. If you get/got CCd, and you break free, you are supposed to get immunity for 7 seconds. However that didn't always work and was particularly noticeable with NB Fear. I suspect the problem was you only got immunity after breaking free, but not during the break free animation. It was thus possible to be CCd multiple times in succession, being charged stamina for the CC break each time, and wasting a huge amount of time not being able to use skills. Two seconds is a huge amount of time when you're under pressure.

A bug, or only a grey area to you? As a PvPer you rely on this. It is extremely aggravating, often deadly, when you don't get the immunity. As a magicka character your stamina pool is very limited, allowing only 2 to 3 CCs in succession. This is especially pronounced in no CP. You rely on the CC immunity mechanic to work and not have stupid edge cases, when it doesn't. You're toast, when it doesn't.

Being under pressure is what makes you care about such bugs. Playing solo PvP does. High-end content pushes you to where this stuff becomes important. The vArenas, vTrials, and vDLC dungeons.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    People just like to make stuff up including videos of issues. The patch notes addressing some every update is just ZOS going along with the gag.

Shhhhh you'll ruin our group fiction project.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you are utterly wrong. I never experienced the kind of bugs I'm experiencing now. Guess you don't use housing where you have to pick something up before you can actually use it. Guess you don't cast and find that it's cancelled but oh not really, it's just delayed until the enemy is dead and then it fires. Guess you don't have addons that won't allow you to click on the map even though they aren't out of date. There are a crap ton of bugs that were introduced with Murkmire. Hell, maybe they aren't on PC because consoles are behind.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Wtf are you people talking about. This game is literally RIDDLED with bugs.

The last one I encountered was a couple of years or so ago, and it was fixed in a patch the week after I encountered it. The only other one I came across was a broken quest at launch and by canceling it and retaking it from the quest giver a few paces away I was able to complete it normally. Like the OP says, it's sometimes difficult to comprehend where people are coming across all these game-breaking issues that we keep reading about.
    Only bugs I tend to run into is the dungeon finder who tend to have issues with high load also some load screens in Cyrodil of busy campaigns.

Now its many reasons for bugs in games. The internal ones everybody will get if they do the content and is unlucky.
    Client side its two reasons for bugs in games, one is software who include the OS and drivers.

The second is hardware, if you are running close to the minimum specks you will get far more bugs and crashes.
    This is an issue with ESO on consoles, who all run the same hardware and software while its still plenty of issues in PvP and trials.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Marcusito
    Marcusito
    ✭✭✭
    RedRook wrote: »
    reprosal wrote: »
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Sprint bug, lag out and have your bow suddenly on your dw bar and vice versa (visual bug), long load screens on good computers, bar swapping issues, heavy attacks straight up doing a 'swing and a miss' along with skills at times, stuck in combat, abilities firing twice or not at all

That's off the top of my head cuz I've had all of that in the last week.

Ran with Buddy first day Dragon Bones was released.

Could not do much first day because caltops would activate.... anytime.... from either bar...

:D That one I've never seen. Haha! The first week after an update is always such an adventure.

This happens with me for potions. I’m going to try binding the key to another button and see what happens but I’m just walking along and I use a potion for no reason. Could be a quick slot issue. I use a foot pedal for my map and push to talk and eliminated that as a cause. I disabled all the buttons on my mouse except the ones I use. It is just wired man.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

@DanteYoda

I'm not sure what that's supposed to do for me. I clearly said:
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues.

A lot of people seem to gloss over me saying that.

I was showing you these issues people seem to be having.. you seem to have missed them.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of you are utterly wrong. I never experienced the kind of bugs I'm experiencing now. Guess you don't use housing where you have to pick something up before you can actually use it. Guess you don't cast and find that it's cancelled but oh not really, it's just delayed until the enemy is dead and then it fires. Guess you don't have addons that won't allow you to click on the map even though they aren't out of date. There are a crap ton of bugs that were introduced with Murkmire. Hell, maybe they aren't on PC because consoles are behind.
    I wasn't going to mention the housing issue, because it was fixed within a week. But yeah, guild hall crafting station were unusable for a week, that was the most egregious effect of this.

Combat-wise, dual-wield was proccing both enchants simultaneously, now also fixed. I believe the NB Shade has a problem, where porting up from a lower position no longer works.

I also have the addon map issue with Awesome Guild Store, which I put down to that addon though.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I wasn't going to mention the housing issue, because it was fixed within a week. But yeah, guild hall crafting station were unusable for a week, that was the most egregious effect of this.

Combat-wise, dual-wield was proccing both enchants simultaneously, now also fixed. I believe the NB Shade has a problem, where porting up from a lower position no longer works.

I also have the addon map issue with Awesome Guild Store, which I put down to that addon though.

No the housing issue is not fixed. I break down things in my home and have to pick something up and put it down every time just to use it. There are problems with this game still and most that I have started with Murkmire patch.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    orig

Nice to see you are still on^^ Is that a sneek peek at the next dlc? o:)
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 31, 2018 4:12PM
  • scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    I did not know of lag and bugs until I started doing trials and vMA....
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These people are just lying. The stations in my Linchal Manor are STILL bugged to the point I have to move them before I can use them.

I hit loading screens for no reason at random and in Cyrodill. The ground doesn’t rez and I’m stuck running in place. I’m stuck in combat and can’t mount my horse. I’m stuck in sprint.

I dc in dungeons. On and on. The other day you couldn’t open a dirt mound on a treasure map. I pay $219 bucks a month for internet and have a high end gaming computer.

These sappy “eso performance is great” are just patentedly false.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just under 3k hours in the game and only play pvp. I get so much lag and the bugs are even worse, it's actually rare for me to have just one fight without multiple bugs occurring. It's very frustrating, it must be so nice to somehow have little lag and bugs.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    World bosses reset if you pull them too far from spawn point. People who kite bosses all over the map need to learn this. That’s not a bug. The rest is... up in the air.
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I can only blame ZO$ MINIMUM 80-100 constantly fluctuating all the way up to 260 ping at all times, play wow, battlefield, mount and blade etc or any other big multiplayer game stable <20-30 at all times.
    As for bugs I constantly run into them, world bosses resetting mid fight, infinite load screens, heavy attacks locking and stopping all actions.
    Also optimization is awful, 1080p, Asus 1080ti + i7-7700K with <30fps in towns, can play games in 4k with higher fps than eso in a town.
    Only one I have on video, there are a few others that I can think of that spawn take damage for a second then fade out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paus-E-YOFY&amp;t=
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Mavor
    Mavor
    ✭✭✭
    I've hit a few bugs here and there, but they've never been anything to get my pants twisted. Maybe I'm just more patient than others, but I wouldn't call ESO a 'bug riddled' game.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you... until recently lol. The only place i ever really had lag before now was CP PvP... now its in PvE as i have posted a few times in some other posts. The game in the last few years was really good, never saw the bugs people posted or the lag but its gotten bat now everywhere and my internet speed/ping/line quality has increased in that time.
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You're probably one of those people who play games at 10 fps and is like "this is perfectly fine i don't need more fps than this"

@Trancestor

Actually, the lowest I get is about 25 when I'm in cluttered cities. Unless I'm in a very large group, i.e., Alik'r Desert Dolmens, where I would THEN get 10 thanks to all the players. Otherwise I'd wager I bounce between 50-60, not noticing when it does.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    I was showing you these issues people seem to be having.. you seem to have missed them.

@DanteYoda
    I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.

It's not like I don't know they exist though. I've seen plenty of bug and ping complaints in the past few days alone. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I feel like you were someone who didn't read where I explained my position.
    -Martin Septim
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, today's issue from hell for me is being constantly logged off for no reason when I try to log onto my character, and when I manage to be in-game and play, getting logged off when I teleport (be it to a home or with a teleporter). I've tried with and without add-ons. Pain in the neck.

EDIT : There. AGAIN.

Xsrzpry.jpg
    Edited by Itacira on November 1, 2018 6:21PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't play ESO on my home internet without getting disconnected every few seconds. For some reason ESO loves my 4G cellular connection and I never have problems while I'm using it. Unless someone decides to call and ruin whatever I'm doing.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to use a VPN or my launcher stalls during patches and updates. Annoyed about that.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    I used to see this glitch quite often a while back but haven't seen it for a while now...

ewvxyypohoey.jpg

Screenshot makes a good desktop wallpaper though... lol
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op, do you want me to say

“All these bugs come from people running too many addons”

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you think there are no bugs, I openly invite you to go take a peek at my clips (Xbox NA, on the Xbox dashboard site). It's full of videos of the various bugs that I repeatedly encounter. The game is rife with them, and the more you venture outside of vanilla play, the more you encounter them.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Formatting is awful, did not read

@Valrien Perhaps now you can read it :)
    -Martin Septim
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to eso but not to mmo's. A huge percent of the complaints about bugs and glitches are due to addons. Disable your addons and problems suddenly vanish.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My house has bugs...I still love living here. Only the human mind can make heaven out of hell or hell out of heaven.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before people grab their pitchforks and torches, at least read why I ask. I see a lot of players saying that ESO is a bug infested, and laggy mess. But when I see these comments, it feels like I'm in a foreign country, and nobody speaks my language. When it comes to bugs, I've only seen less than a handful in all of my playtime. But I can't even remember the last time I ran into one. When people talk about bad ping, it's as if I have godly internet or something. Very rarely do I have connection issues, and when I do, it's because my internet is wigging out. I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues. Even as someone who has over 2600 hours into the game, plays nearly every day, and have touched every piece of content there is, i.e., Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, Quests, DLCs, Chapters, Dungeons, Trials, Delves, etc. I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.

I feel like this post is an obnoxious piece of "It never happens to me, so it must never, ever happen to anyone else" shite. Akin to saying "Oh I have never been homeless, there are no homeless people in my town so homeless people dont exist, just figment of peoples' imagination and all made up." Bloody hell, mate...

Just be freakin' thankful that you do not suffer what a lot of us do. You would probably have quit the game ages ago with some of the shite that we have encountered in ESO. Just because you are playing on PC/NA and having an amazing, mind-blowing, org*asm-inducing, problem free gaming experience, doesn't mean those in PC/EU server do too. So freakin' typical. The world is large, people play ESO from all over the world, not just from the USA. Try leaving your town once in a while. Discover that the world is actually a big place.

Just because it is not happening to you, it doesn't mean that what we experienced and still experiencing doesn't exist, made up or exaggerated. The way your post was written is so disrespectful to those that have gone through crazy stupid shite in game, for some of us, nearly 5 years. Just be freakin' thankful and stop being an ignorant, disrespectful git.

There... @#%$@!#^^$#^&U**!

PS: If we know where all the bugs coming from or the reasons they exist at all, we will be making freakin' money selling them solutions to Zenimax and we won't be writing in here to inform them of such problems, again and again. Grow up! You asked this question like we, the players, have answers to ZOS problems or we, the players, are the source of the problems in-game.

To those saying that too many add-ons are the reason for all the problems, how the bloody hell do you know what we have on our device? Tell that to the console players and I would like to see their responses to you.
    Edited by EllieBlue on February 12, 2019 4:46AM
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.