Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Where do these issues that so many people complain about come from?

• Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    @EllieBlue You must have completely skipped the part where I said
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues. Even as someone who has over 2600 hours into the game, plays nearly every day, and have touched every piece of content there is, i.e., Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, Quests, DLCs, Chapters, Dungeons, Trials, Delves, etc. I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.

I'd kindly ask that you carefully read a post and understand the point of view, before you make such a huge reply that could lead to you looking completely ignorant. I'm not trying to be rude, but trying to shout me down with false perception isn't exactly appreciated.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sort of in between you folks that have very few bugs and those that have a lot. I don’t have crazy bugs happening to me every day but stuff definitely happens. Some of the stuff i’ve experienced -

- 2 or 3 game crashes a day, every day, since I started playing. Not fun when you’re in a dungeon, crash, and then come back to see the group kicked you out XD still, I manage.
    - Sometimes when I swap from bow to dw, my daggers won’t spawn and my bow will be on the ground under my feet. Really odd.
    - Did a trial with folks about a week ago (hel ra) and when someone died they couldn’t respawn. So we had to start over after we all died and were stuck with that washed out screen and sad music for all eternity.
    - That weird thing where you run on top of your mount?
    - and several instances of bosses in dungeons cutting into walls and becoming untargetable.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    That weird thing where you run on top of your mount?

@JayAstrophel
    It's easy to see what causes it, but I really am surprised they haven't found a way to fix it. Getting lag when mounting is the cause though. The game is supposed to put your character level with the top of your mount for the riding animation, but because you were in the running animation already, it proceeds to put you on top with the animation still going. It's very odd, and I think it's hilarious if anything. But like I said, I'm surprised they haven't fixed it to this day.
    Edited by Greg11jkalfa on February 12, 2019 8:30AM
    -Martin Septim
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Even us who experience the issues want to understand too! Ive gone from 6/mbps to 70/mbps different ISP and my ping changed by 10, fluctuated less but the remaining issues still existed. Honestly, i never believe anyone who says they never have issues. You probably are and just dont notice? Otherwise we need convinced you arent having issues. What is your average ping?

probably he is just a zos employee

@oxygen_thief

I laughed pretty hard at that, so I'm assuming that was just a well placed joke.

every joke has a piece of truth. group finder didnt work for me on pc eu this evening. what can you say about it?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/452592/dungeon-finder-queue#latest
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly every time I run Bloodroot forge I get the ground cast bug where things like endless hail gets cast at your feet rather than at your target. A reloadui fixes it but it is frustrating. Occasionally in chaos ball the ball and aoe fail to show. After Murkmire released there were heaps of visual bugs in all trials. Latency causes a lot of issues with roll dodge. Certain dungeons and skills will kill you even if you are several meters outside the area of effect after roll dodging. Maybe a lot of these bugs are all related to latency. I can see how a lot of them could happen if the client and server get out of sync when processing commands. Several years ago my ping was around ~260. A few months ago it as ~320. Now it is ~360. I have been with the same provider the whole time on a 100Mbit fibre service. They are considered one of the better providers in Australia and definitely not the cheapest. Nothing else I use has these latency problems. I have a fairly decent machine. Most people I know in Australia experience the same issues if not worse. FYI, I have over 3K hours in the game and definitely see these bugs regularly enough. That said the game overall seems more stable than Skyrim ever was and compared to the steaming pile of crap that Fallout 76 is it is basically bug free.
    Edited by lokulin on February 12, 2019 9:01AM
    I've hidden your signature.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues. Even as someone who has over 2600 hours into the game, plays nearly every day, and have touched every piece of content there is, i.e., Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, Quests, DLCs, Chapters, Dungeons, Trials, Delves, etc. I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.

I'd kindly ask that you carefully read a post and understand the point of view before you make such a huge reply that could lead to you looking completely ignorant. I'm not trying to be rude, but trying to shout me down with false perception isn't exactly appreciated.

I stand by what I have said. Your mail comes across as "Oh, look at me! I am better than you. I have GOD's internet. I have only seen a handful of bugs, barely qualify as bugs, which I just laughed off anyway because they are so insignificant and omg, funny! What are you poor sods talking about? I can't relate because I have it better than the rest of you. Boohoo!" Who is the ignorant one here?

You are asking where are these issues coming from so you can try and understand them? Good luck in that endeavour, mate. How can you understand it if you have never experienced it? You will only understand how we, the bugs-affected lot feel when you have experienced them yourself, repeatedly, some have been going on for several years. And I am not talking about the cute arse-flipping riding animation either.

Perhaps by that question, you really meant to ask for a list of issues/bugs/problems that a big number of players have encountered. Then I am sure there will be many that will be willing to list them down for you. However, if you are asking WHY these issues happen, as I have said before, we are the players and if we know the answers to ZOS's issues, we will be making money selling the solutions to them and we won't be having this exchange.

Just pray that you won't ever encounter even a quarter of what most of us have had to endure in game. And be thankful. Some players that previously have been issue-free have recently started to encounter problems/bugs/issues. Could be your turn next. Then you can come back here and tell us your brand new experiences.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most issues, of the guys that complain that much, originate in themselves.
    Like their minds making up stupid things and then shouting it out on forums.
    Perfect example of this? Check first page of general discussion and you will see a funny thread
    Edited by Slack on February 12, 2019 11:56AM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @EllieBlue Either you're trolling, or you're just a very angry person. Either way, there's no point in conversing with a brick wall.
    -Martin Septim
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some ways I feel sorry for ZOS when it comes to performance issues complaints. Your internet connection, provider, whether you line in or use wifi, your rig itself, the add-ons you use (if you're on PC)and even where you are in the world all have significant impact on the performance you experience. And those are all variables ZOS has zero control over.

Personally, I don't expect this game to run well on "grandma's toaster" or the proverbial "potato." I like pretty games with high specs so I upgrade my PC accordingly as specs change and become more demanding. I DO get lag, terrible FPS and ping....but I experience lag when playing Civ6 online as well. So I know most of that is on my internet provider.

The point is, only after YOU, personally, have eliminated everything I've said above as the reason for the poor performance you get, can you then start to hone in on issues on ZOS' side. And I truly do believe there are plenty of them. But unsnarling all this is a nightmare, both for them and us.

As to console...well I feel sorry for you guys entirely. You got rooked. This game should NEVER have gone console. You've never gotten the performance you should be able to expect, nor the features, because this game was not made with you in mind.

And I feel sorry for us PC folk because we've had to stand by and see the game be dumbed down in order to get it to work on console at all. We all lose, and THAT I am pretty annoyed about.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fact that you are Not experiencing any Known and Acknowledged issues is Likely a BUG.
    You should report this and stop playing before you accidentally get Banned for Exploiting
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are more or less sensitive/tolerant when it comes to bugs though. If I encounter a bug i normally just work around it and forget about it in a couple of hours.

Only bugs I ever manage to remember is major once where bosses bug out and you have to restart the dungeon and similar that took a huge chunk of time and made me frustrated. Like I know the game has tons of bugs, but because can't remember all the minor stuff I don't see it as a huge problem.

When it comes to crappy performance and disconnecting there's also factors not exclusively related to game servers, that causes people to experience it differently. Players can have terrible performance based on from where they're playing, regional infrastructure or ISP.

They might not have issues while playing other games, because that game's server isn't locating in Hamburg/Germany and no obstructions on that route. So they blame Elder Scroll game servers.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »
    I have been getting a bug often recently. When tanking dungeons my sword, and shield disappear. This makes it look as I am blocking with my forearm, and hitting enemies with my fist.

It is hilarious. Not all bugs are bad.

I had this recently on my DK. My staff disappeared and I was punching fireballs at enemies 😄
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guess your just lucky.... I run into issues pretty much every time I play the game.

Lag and disconnects and long load screens are a usual occurrence

Bugs are too. Snipe bug is the worst. Players being able to res from stealth. Players not being able to res me and vice versa.cant fire skills, can't bar swap, ultimates not going off, Sprint bug, separate Sprint bug where if your running over unloaded ground you just stand in place running while you get served down, stuck in combat, gold disappearing when you deposit it and then customer service telling me to check with my gm to see if anyone removed it... Like they don't know this bug has been a thing for a yr or so. Can't remove furniture because another player is moving it when I'm the only one in my house....
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the complainers are the PVP and hardcore players. So I mostly ignore these people. The only real bug I see is the player running on top of their mounts. It's really silly looking.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That weird thing where you run on top of your mount?

@JayAstrophel
    It's easy to see what causes it, but I really am surprised they haven't found a way to fix it. Getting lag when mounting is the cause though. The game is supposed to put your character level with the top of your mount for the riding animation, but because you were in the running animation already, it proceeds to put you on top with the animation still going. It's very odd, and I think it's hilarious if anything. But like I said, I'm surprised they haven't fixed it to this day.
    More likely they have not bothered fixing it. its an harmless and pretty funny bug and it might take some work to fix.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think different people have different definitions of the term "Bug".

Some of the stuff I see listed - that I do see happen to me - is somewhat aggravating, but I would not call them bugs. I do a combo tired to 1, 2 and 3, and when I hit 3 sometimes nothing happens. There are some long loading screens. I do not DC very much now with the new computer, but it does happen on occasion.

I don't consider these things to be "bugs". Sure, they are inconvenient. But no system is perfect. I am not sure I would even consider the inconvenience of entering a room and not being able to interact, as a bug, IF the issue was resolved by logging out/loggin back in. A nuisance, Yes. I see a Bug as something that literally happens Every time the specific situation arises, on All systems in the game.

No combination of systems is perfect. No game will ever run perfectly when it is dependent upon two separate systems communicating with each other - (The server and the individual's specific computer).
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by oxygen_thief on February 12, 2019 5:29PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

double
    Edited by oxygen_thief on February 12, 2019 5:39PM
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Before people grab their pitchforks and torches, at least read why I ask. I see a lot of players saying that ESO is a bug infested, and laggy mess. But when I see these comments, it feels like I'm in a foreign country, and nobody speaks my language. When it comes to bugs, I've only seen less than a handful in all of my playtime. But I can't even remember the last time I ran into one. When people talk about bad ping, it's as if I have godly internet or something. Very rarely do I have connection issues, and when I do, it's because my internet is wigging out. I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues. Even as someone who has over 2600 hours into the game, plays nearly every day, and have touched every piece of content there is, i.e., Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, Quests, DLCs, Chapters, Dungeons, Trials, Delves, etc. I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.

Why do you ask and ask the players who experience the problems? And what do you expect us to tell you?

I'd kindly ask that you carefully read a post and understand the point of view, before you make such a huge reply that could lead to you looking completely ignorant. I'm not trying to be rude, but trying to shout me down with false perception isn't exactly appreciated.

What's the point in telling people you don't understand complaints because you don't experience the problems people are complaining about? And if you want to know where issues are coming from, ask ZOS. Not the player who is allready frustrated with the lag and other problems.