Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attitude of players - Patch?

Lisutaris
Lisutaris
✭✭✭✭✭
Behave like grown ups....

They adjust the game and are trying to balance it out.
If you can ignore mechanics because of some skills, they get nerfed.
No big deal!

Everytime CPs are increased, the whole game gets a "debuff" or "nerf" ... Call it as you like.
OFC there will be adjustments (nerfs) on some skills, stuff, etc, to balance this out.
Endgame content shouldn't become too easy. Otherwise it will be boring and ppl will start to complain (as they are already about world bosses, dolmen, some trials etc.)
You could skip/ignore whole mechanics because of extreme shielding(barriers) or raw dmg. That's not how a boss should be done.
They did not implement mechanics so that players are looking for ways to ignore them. Thats not how it shoud be ...
If the developers want you to dodge, block mechanics .... you have to do it or die :smiley: Maybe if there's a nova and you are using major evasion you will survive, even if you dont block or dodge... that's ok. You are actually using special skills, timing, or your brain... you pass, you survive :)

I am not talking about sorcs, it's the same for every class .... you can still run VMSA or other stuff and you will be successful!
Maybe try another potion if too much dmg is taken (+heal% and healing per second maybe?) and so on.
Use another 2 Pcs Monster Set and don't focus on raw DPS.

If the majority of players are using the same playstyle, sets, class.... the developer HAS TO make adjustements to the game.
Look at the Trials... how many are playing mag chars or sorc/nb or both and are using barriers as a solution?
  • I am more into PVE and not PVP but everytime i visit Cyrodiil, i see ppl cosplaying as sonic the hedgehog (gotta go fast ! swooosh) or hitting the teleport button and barriers like there is no tommorow :open_mouth:
    --> Conclusion = There has to be something done (POV of DEVs)
  • Ppl are not using mechanics (Dodge, Block, going out of bad red circles) but just shielding/barrier against it or are forcing the boss to skip mechanics because of raw huge DPS.

If you remember those days ....
.... blocking and still regenerating stamina....
... Breath of Life = one button to heal them all ....
--> it was nice, way too comfortable as a player and too strong compared to other skills/mechanics. Aaaaaannd its gone.

What's my point? Why did i post this?

Have fun in the game, find other ways to make it work.
Show the playerbase, that maybe it's hard for them, but not for you! And have FUN. That's the thing were you can smile and enjoy.
If you can't do that, i think your problem is not the patch. It is more about yourself.
If you are triggered, angry, maybe want to cry ? Eat some sweetrolls .... *pat pat* there there, everything will be fine.
You are still reading and posting in the forum, and i am sure logging in :) So get up, do some "muscle flexing" and try to melt that world boss over there!

The patchday downtime was horrible yes... but it is better to have the server offline than a rollback if its a huge error.
Imagine opening some chests or looting some bosses (with sweet sweet sexy loot), just to get a rollback to the day before... ! :p
Reading a book or watching a movie sounds way better if you ask me.

You dont shout at your ISP or write them hatemails if they have to fix something.... and you are offline for some hours?
You dont shout at your mechanic if its taking longer to repair your car ? do you ?
OFC you can stop using it/them ... thats your own choice. But to be angry or to shout at someone is not the solution ^^

my 2 cents.... great game
12 out of 10 sweetrolls.

Lisutaris
May your buffs have 100% uptime
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a my class wasn't touched by a nerf so everything's ok thread
    Edited by RebornV3x on October 23, 2018 9:27PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want to put on my tin foil hat but... you joined the forum today, an hour ago, and this is what you post. seems fishy. I have serious doubts.

It honestly doesn’t sound like you play this game.
    Edited by max_only on October 23, 2018 5:19PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1d4f2c361bd687be854c042a4541cf26.jpg

Edited by Aesthier on October 23, 2018 5:20PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    I dont want to put on my tin foil hat but... you joined the forum today and this is what you post. seems fishy. I have serious doubts.
    TBH, I've always wondered how many people post with alt accounts when they don't want it linked to a main account (was common in another MMO I played).

There are some on the forums who feel very much like accounts made just to post the more aggressive messages towards ZOS. They also seem to crop up as new accounts only during controversial changes for the game. I should probably get my tin foil hat though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a huge wall of text right there.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile NBs tanks are completely unviable in endgame content, and NB healers are now Templar wannabes with nothing unique to offer a group.

PetSorcs are unviable in vMA until pets are bugfixed. Their main CC in PvP is now useless. They lost an entire 3rd bar of skill slots.

Light armor got their shields got effectively cut by 50-60%

Warden’s ult got nerfed hard. DKs CC got nerfed but overall not much changed.

Templars are the only ones that came out significantly stronger
    Edited by Jhalin on October 24, 2018 5:24PM
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any time a player has their primary defense nerfed, they are understandably going to be mad. And if that primary defense was showing to be too effective when looking at the numbers, then it can definitely feel like a doubling of the same nerf.

A lot of players were drawn to Magicka Sorcerers and Magblades because they offered both great DPS as well as above average defense. It's why they are the most heavily advocated classes and builds to be used for new players to clear vMA. I also wouldn't be surprised if you look at the composition of raid groups that made leaderboards, speedruns, world's first, etc. if the majority, if not all, of the DD roles were made of ranged spell-casters.

So yeah, players are going to be mad, but what else is new whenever a new update is released?
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »

No big deal!

Everytime CPs are increased, the whole game gets a "debuff" or "nerf" ... Call it as you like.
    OFC there will be adjustments (nerfs) on some skills, stuff, etc, to balance this out.
    Endgame content shouldn't become too easy. Otherwise it will be boring and ppl will start to complain (as they are already about world bosses, dolmen, some trials etc.)
    You could skip/ignore whole mechanics because of extreme shielding(barriers) or raw dmg. That's not how a boss should be done.
    They did not implement mechanics so that players are looking for ways to ignore them. Thats not how it shoud be ...
    If the developers want you to dodge, block mechanics .... you have to do it or die :smiley: Maybe if there's a nova and you are using major evasion you will survive, even if you dont block or dodge... that's ok. You are actually using special skills, timing, or your brain... you pass, you survive :)

I am not talking about sorcs, it's the same for every class .... you can still run VMSA or other stuff and you will be successful!
    Maybe try another potion if too much dmg is taken (+heal% and healing per second maybe?) and so on.

If the majority of players are using the same playstyle, sets, class.... the developer HAS TO make adjustements to the game.
    Look at the Trials... how many are playing mag chars or sorc/nb or both and are using barriers as a solution?
    • I am more into PVE and not PVP but everytime i visit Cyrodiil, i see ppl cosplaying as sonic the hedgehog (gotta go fast ! swooosh) or hitting the teleport button and barriers like there is no tommorow :open_mouth:
    • Ppl are not using mechanics (Dodge, Block, going out of bad red circles) but just shielding/barrier against it or are forcing the boss to skip mechanics because of raw huge DPS.

--> it was nice, way too comfortable as a player and too strong compared to other skills/mechanics. Aaaaaannd its gone.

Show the playerbase, that maybe it's hard for them, but not for you! And have FUN. That's the thing were you can smile and enjoy.
    If you can't do that, i think your problem is not the patch. It is more about yourself.
    If you are triggered, angry, maybe want to cry ? Eat some sweetrolls .... *pat pat* there there, everything will be fine.
    You are still reading and posting in the forum, and i am sure logging in :) So get up, do some "muscle flexing" and try to melt that world boss over there!

The patchday downtime was horrible yes... but it is better to have the server offline than a rollback if its a huge error.
    Imagine opening some chests or looting some bosses (with sweet sweet sexy loot), just to get a rollback to the day before... ! :p

You dont shout at your ISP or write them hatemails if they have to fix something.... and you are offline for some hours?
    You dont shout at your mechanic if its taking longer to repair your car ? do you ?
    OFC you can stop using it/them ... thats your own choice. But to be angry or to shout at someone is not the solution ^^

12 out of 10 sweetrolls.

Lisutaris

using the terminology balance is completely subjective. you do realize this? & when you have 7000 hours on a class that has become completely useless and horrible within one patch, any player has the right to be angry!
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically ignore everything bad and be grateful little indy develolper Zos lets us play their game? How about no. How about, without us they would be unemployed and certainly wouldnt be making a game for a living.

If a product is bad, consumers are certainly not obliged to shut up and tolerate it.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t want crappy feedback don’t put our crappy changes. Ez
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TL:DR
    I don't play a mag (Pet) Sorc

rolleyes.gif
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they? Really? So, how many more nerf patches until the game is balanced? 5? 10? Do you really think that you can balance a game just by nerfs?

So every patch, CP increase further unbalances the game, then ZOS has to nerf class power to make up for the power creep caused by CP.

Since this is pretty much known. How can ANYONE support the Champion system as currently designed. It guarantees class nerfs every patch.

The game will never be balanced, classes will just eventually become homogenized. Why wouldn't people feel upset?
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on October 23, 2018 6:53PM
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent troll post. 10/10

Unless the OP's intention was not to shake the hive of annoyed bees. If you can't deal with people being upset and expressing it however they do, just leave the forum alone for a while. The white knighting isn't any more helpful than the rants are.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want to put on my tin foil hat but... you joined the forum today, an hour ago, and this is what you post. seems fishy. I have serious doubts.

Nah, don't worry... it is a new forum account yes, but still my only one and first one ... and i have been playing since release ! :smile:

you will even find me ingame as Lisutaris Lichtpfote :blush:

As for the other comments ... i play templar yes, but also nightblades and DK/Warden is on its way :smiley:
    Only one of my characters is a pure dd.... the others are tanks, healer or hybrids... I never cared much for a patch, or a nerf, even with the block/stamina change ages ago while i was playing as a MAINTANK.

For some people it looks like the game or character is their whole life, comfort zone and if there are some changes it's terrible, horrible and worst case scenario ever :dizzy:

And a lot of DD (melee, cough cough) can survive with ~18k hp and NO barrier skill at all... block and dodgeroll is everything they need. This new patch also gives easy ways to get to major evasion, which reduces aoe dmg by 25% .... THATS 25!!! %.
    If you need a shield, you need to improve your positioning and learn to pay more attention what's happening around you.

A trial is not about you, it is about a team about 12 players ... (thats 11 aside you)
    Edited by Lisutaris on October 23, 2018 6:59PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long time ago I was more inclined to be pretty easy about all the changes. I still get why they do it. But it does get old constantly having to rebuild characters or shelf characters that are no longer viable. I have as many characters as I do for the sole reason of who knows what I might need in a year. Thats it. I only play a couple of them, the rest I don't even use, mostly don't even like to play. But in a year, if my 3 favorite characters are all garbage, I have other options. And I'm not one to just throw a character away over nothing. I held on for years with my mDK. YEARS. I'd still be playing her now if I hadn't stumbled accidentally on my trolling myself build of a bosmer stam sorc with the drunk personality and zombie skin. I still think she is hilarious to play and way better at killing all the things. But I would really honestly rather be burning everything down with my mDK, she just doesn't work that way these days. So yeah, find a way to be happy playing, but that doesn't mean a person can't be mad at the same time.

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smells like a dev alt acct lol
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    This is a my class wasn't touch by nerf so everythings ok thread
    This, no nerfs are needed for the most part, yes is unbalanced stuff and players are better than the devs to create OP builds, so you might want to nerf some sets.
    However ZoS standard for shaving is beheading, asking for nerfs is like asking for close in air support from the death star.

Also harder content is created on each update, you want an low level power creep in pve so players feel they are getting stronger. Add that most players has not done vet trials even among them who do vet dungeons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    This is a my class wasn't touch by nerf so everythings ok thread

What class wasn't nerfed?
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭

No big deal!

12 out of 10 sweetrolls.

Lisutaris

Save your 2 cents and telling me how to behave. Who made you king lecturing us poor souls?
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, don't worry... it is a new forum account yes, but still my only one and first one ... and i have been playing since release ! :smile:

As for the other comments ... i play templar yes, but also nightblades and DK/Warden is on its way :smiley:
    Only one of my characters is a pure dd.... the others are tanks, healer or hybrids... I never cared much for a patch, or a nerf, even with the block/stamina change ages ago while i was playing as a MAINTANK.

For some people it looks like the game or character is their whole life, comfort zone and if there are some changes it's terrible, horrible and worst case scenario ever :dizzy:

And a lot of DD (melee, cough cough) can survive with ~18k hp and NO barrier skill at all... block and dodgeroll is everything they need. This new patch also gives easy ways to get to major evasion, which reduces aoe dmg by 25% .... THATS 25!!! %.
    If you need a shield, you need to improve your positioning and learn to pay more attention what's happening around you.

A trial is not about you, it is about a team about 12 players ... (thats 11 aside you)

And as a healer you know that you focus your springs, bubbles, whatever, on melee characters and do some situational healing to mag or ranged. Hope you can adjust too, cause mag in light armor cannot survive with 70% shield nerf and maybe one roll dodge before out of stamina.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i feel the same about all the annoying "nerf" posts.
    Can't enjoy reading the forum when 9 out of 10 posts are such rageposts.

Therefore ... let me join the funsies !
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedRook wrote: »

Unless the OP's intention was not to shake the hive of annoyed bees. If you can't deal with people being upset and expressing it however they do, just leave the forum alone for a while. The white knighting isn't any more helpful than the rants are.

And yet you're only asking the white knights to leave the forum for a while? Not the ranters too? You appear to think that both are equally unhelpful.

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I dont want to put on my tin foil hat but... you joined the forum today and this is what you post. seems fishy. I have serious doubts.
    TBH, I've always wondered how many people post with alt accounts when they don't want it linked to a main account (was common in another MMO I played).

There are some on the forums who feel very much like accounts made just to post the more aggressive messages towards ZOS. They also seem to crop up as new accounts only during controversial changes for the game. I should probably get my tin foil hat though.

Same thing happens in roleplay communities. Certain people want to push a position, so they make new characters or accounts and complain to the community about specific guilds or people.

Lo and behold, you can never get them in discord to "talk" about concerns, and their characters are always low level.

The mental gymnastics people go through to preserve their sense of self is pretty amazing.
    Edited by Kova on October 23, 2018 7:23PM
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • otis67
    otis67
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. I play a magsorc and still do everything I did before the patch. I had to make a few adjustments but this is far from the gamebreaking nerf everyone is freaking out about.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

And yet you're only asking the white knights to leave the forum for a while? Not the ranters too? You appear to think that both are equally unhelpful.

directed at the first quote!
    Looks like i am a bad troll.... maybe because i am khajiit ? Sounds logical... yes :smile:

I am wearing shiny white armor with some golden elements... white knight qualified :smiley:

Let me poke you with my good mood and critical bash you with having fun after the patches/nerfes. (They also hit white knights even if they are wearing shiny armor... we are just too strong to be affected in any way xD)
    Edited by Lisutaris on October 23, 2018 7:25PM
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭

How much cp does this wall of text have? ...nerf the wall!
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Same thing happens in roleplay communities. Certain people want to push a position, so they make new characters or accounts and complain to the community about specific guilds or people.

Lo and behold, you can never get them in discord to "talk" about concerns, and their characters are always low level.

The mental gymnastics people go through to preserve their sense of self is pretty amazing.

This one exists ... I am a real khajiit ... no such thing as alt?
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of a few individuals I wouldn't expect an ounce of maturity from the Sorc community. Who knows how they can survive in the real world.
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Merely a suggestion for this particular white knight, a return of unsolicited advice for unsolicited advice. The assertion of superior manners while condescending to all and sundry irritated me.

But I'll take my own advice if the reactionary white knighting gets too loud, and just leave the forum alone for a bit. People are going to be how they're going to be.
  • skepticck
    skepticck
    ✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    So basically ignore everything bad and be grateful little indy developer Zos lets us play their game? How about no. How about, without us they would be unemployed and certainly wouldnt be making a game for a living.

If a product is bad, consumers are certainly not obliged to shut up and tolerate it.

Yep everything is rainbows and unicorns in ZOS's world so you should just be grateful to be accorded the privilege of playing their game and should never dare to complain because if you do then the problem is you or as OP said " i think your problem is not the patch. It is more about yourself.", lol wow that's deep.
    Edited by skepticck on October 23, 2018 8:09PM