The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Puncturing Sweeps,Jabs and Dark Flare are all broken. Not OP. BROKEN. Video of Dark Flare added.

Trinity_Is_My_Name
Trinity_Is_My_Name
✭✭✭✭✭
Tested both Magicka and Stamina Templars today after the DLC and after the Maintenance this afternoon. Both Jabs and Sweeps are broken. They do not work correctly. The animation is slower, clunky and stops and starts as it did a few patches back when it was broken very badly.
Edited by Trinity_Is_My_Name on October 24, 2018 9:19PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Jabs feels bad.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs was working pretty well for me tonight, did dungeons and a Trial. I did have one instance on the overworld in Glenumbra where I seemed to get some latency stabbing crabs shortly after the servers went back up, but it didn't last long. It may be a server issue, but worth monitoring this in case it regresses back to how bad it was back then.
          In verity.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Trinity_Is_My_Name on October 24, 2018 9:20PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what it should look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ydiSSG4RY

• Creeper
    Creeper
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, jabs is broken. My character would stop during fights when I try to spam jabs and I have to press the skill key repeatedly to make it work again. I main a Stamina Templar and this bug is putting me off. Hope the bug will be fixed soon. Thanks!
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a jabsplar and I didn't notice any difference in gameplay at all on him while I was running around Murkmire today.
    Creeper wrote: »
    Can confirm, jabs is broken. My character would stop during fights when I try to spam jabs and I have to press the skill key repeatedly to make it work again. I main a Stamina Templar and this bug is putting me off. Hope the bug will be fixed soon. Thanks!

Maybe this would be why I didn't notice any difference? I tend to button mash the heck outta it anyways cause its fun to mash.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too. Looks exactly like in the videos @Trinity_Is_My_Name posted. Weird delay until the skill goes off again which makes it really clunky. The last part of the animation kinda feels "too long and too slow".
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    I noticed this too. Looks exactly like in the videos @Trinity_Is_My_Name posted. Weird delay until the skill goes off again which makes it really clunky. The last part of the animation kinda feels "too long and too slow".

Yes, this ^^. There is definitely something very wrong with sweep & jabs. As others have said, it's clunky & awkward and not flowing as smoothly as it should. I love my Templars, but this is making it very off putting to play them. :(

"I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this today as well. I submitted a bug report in game. This appears to be the same issue we had a few patches ago.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am i not suprised, thought a game like this attracted the most skillfull programmers around, obviously not. This kind of thing happens again and again.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    This seems to be a recurring issue as well. This bug can be traced back to as late as 2014.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭

Funny, you addressed this back in march as well.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite the same bug. In March it is absolutely horrendous with it stopping completely for a good second or so and the targeting was completely off. It was much worse in March.

I've grown accustomed to testing different Abilities on different classes after DLC's and other "fixes" ZOS does. Invariably they usually introduce a severe bug that was discovered and corrected on the PTS into the Live server so we get to suffer all over again while they take their sweet time even acknowledging the bug exists on Live. Watch how long it takes for ZOS to say anything about this bug and again how much longer it takes them to fix it.

Maybe by the next DLC it will be fixed?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

No mercy. PLEASE do not let this go live on console. There have been 2 patches in the past 2 years of this game where jabs were completely unusable for an ENTIRE PATCH (3 months at a time) due to bugs EXACTLY like this one. If you cannot fix jabs to work properly, rework them to something else entirely before this patch goes live on console.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the patch where jabs were broken because of the duel weild light attack bug, where if you weaved light attacks between abilities you couldn't see your jabs at all. I couldn't play my stamplar that patch. I also remember the patch where jabs had a delay almost EXACTLY like this one, where you would be locked out of using abilities for a tick before/after using jabs. Couldn't play my stamplar that patch either.

Now comes murkmire, where stamplar receives some nice buffs and is shaping up to be a fun and effective spec to play. But if jabs have once again been broken, I don't see myself playing it for yet another patch, due to simple developer incompetence.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was too busy testing shards to pay critical attention to sweeps. I will check it out tonight when I log on.

Sweeps on my magplar did "feel" someone what labored when I was spamming it on zombies at Alik'r Docks, though. I assumed it was the usual post-patch lag because of more players online. Maybe not.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Trinity_Is_My_Name for the videos. It's as clear as day.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm as well, jabs is very inconsistent and feels awful when it's acting up.
    I've observed it stutter/stop, delay and then "fast forward" through the animation, go into almost slow-motion, and completely skip the entire channel animation.
    And trying to LA weave through it is utterly horrendous and borderline impossible.

Not to hijack the thread, but something that may be of note: I've been seeing Flurry, the DW skill, behave similarly. The fact that they're both short-duration channels doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭

Not quite the same bug. In March it is absolutely horrendous with it stopping completely for a good second or so and the targeting was completely off. It was much worse in March.

I've grown accustomed to testing different Abilities on different classes after DLC's and other "fixes" ZOS does. Invariably they usually introduce a severe bug that was discovered and corrected on the PTS into the Live server so we get to suffer all over again while they take their sweet time even acknowledging the bug exists on Live. Watch how long it takes for ZOS to say anything about this bug and again how much longer it takes them to fix it.

lol but they fixed something that was wrong with eso plus and the crown store right away. If only they would fix this just as quick.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol but they fixed something that was wrong with eso plus and the crown store right away. If only they would fix this just as quick.

Infuriating. This is just one of many skills they have broken with this patch, and there hasn't been a comment on any of it. But crownstore/eso+/furnishing related issues get acknowledged day one and hotfixed that same day.
    Edited by React on October 24, 2018 5:30AM
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played both my stamplar and magplar yesterday and I haven´t experienced this at all (I`m on PC/EU).
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just from what I experienced in the last days using jabs:

using two times (or more) jabs right after each other will cause a pause/ break between them, so that the follow up jab can only be casted with some retardation.
    Safe ways to use jabs are: Using a different skill after jabs, which fires pretty normally, waiting a really short amount of time before pushing the jabs button again or weave between jabs. The last one probably allows the best game experience.
  • dgsRawk
    dgsRawk
    Soul Shriven
    There is definitely a massive delay between jabs. Not conducive to performing well in a fast paced PVP environment. I'm really hoping there's a hotfix for this without too much delay.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

using two times (or more) jabs right after each other will cause a pause/ break between them, so that the follow up jab can only be casted with some retardation.
    Safe ways to use jabs are: Using a different skill after jabs, which fires pretty normally, waiting a really short amount of time before pushing the jabs button again or weave between jabs. The last one probably allows the best game experience.

Didn't you read the patch notes? The new channel looks like this:

Jab --> coffee --> jab --> coffee --> jab --> coffee --> jab

:)
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL! Right!?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »

Didn't you read the patch notes? The new channel looks like this:

Jab --> coffee --> jab --> coffee --> jab --> coffee --> jab

:)

LOL! Funny you said that. I actually went and read the Patch notes again and again to make sure this wasn't a new "Feature".
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Flare is also completely broken. New video added to initial link and here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNF5LTcZ_Cg
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yay! i thought my mouse was broken!!! but it started only after patch, ill have to click it twice or 3 times and screws my rotation. i have been complaining to my guilds! but i can confirm happens with wall of elements also!
    Edited by magictucktuck on October 24, 2018 9:24PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Flare is also completely broken. New video added to initial link and here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNF5LTcZ_Cg

Meh, so the action is cancelled if you lose focus on your target. Fortunately, players, bosses, and mobs stand absolutely still and don't dodge or change position. Nor are you ever rooted, stunned, or interrupted. If that were the case, flare would be really broken.

/sarcasm
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Another maintenance and still no fix or comments. Feelsbadman.