The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Demographic: What Race is your Main?

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton
    But if I'm honest that may soon change to an Altmer………

My original characters were all Breton...……. I'm currently weighing up whether Altmer may be better I have duplicate characters that are Altmer.

Tbh it's 50/50 atm :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer
    If I was given the chances to guess the outcome before the poll the 10th chance I would have said Breton.

Just an example of how the forums don't reflect the population at general. ZoS have already stated that Altmer have the most characters created.

I'm Breton because in every ES game I'm dual wield/bow breton as first choice, just love stealth options if available.

Doesn't matter that my breton is a stamblade, and definitely not meta, its right for me

Of course the poll is "main", not character created.

My guess is that this poll does not line up well with what would be seen in the game.

300ish votes has a margin for error of +/-6%.

There is nothing flawed about the poll or biased.

Other than it probably doesn't line up well with what would be seen in game. How many people exclusively use their main?

My guess is the vast majority have a "main". Defining the vast majority isn't so easy, of course.

I just think it's interesting that we have so many Breton mains, as it wouldn't have been my first guess (or 2nd, or 3rd or 9th).

• Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer
    Because Orcs are awesome, that and my main is an Orc Dragonknight.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Right now, my main is my Redguard warden. I hope that doesn't have to change.... I like Sha, and she's fun to play. We'll see how that goes in the future.

If it doesn't go, well.... I don't know what I'll be maining.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton
    @lordrichter I have my "original" main which often only serves as my 9 trait crafter and then I have my "secondary" main which if people are looking for something I can play at a reasonable and consistent level is my go to :)

Both are Breton :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    I've always played an altmer in the single-player games. I prefer to play magic users and have never enjoyed playing a Breton. I prefer a character who can reach the top shelf of a bookcase and one that isn't quite as impervious to damage as a Breton.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I don’t really have a ‘main’ but since my primary tank is an artificer who happens to be an Imperial, Imperial I guess?
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonians. I know they are ugly but I really need the sustain.
  • scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Dunmer, my main is a magblade
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer
    Looks like my toons are a racial minority, but I'm still proud to be Orc!

And not just my main stamplar, but I've also got an orc nightblade and stamsorc and love them both as well.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    I used to only play Breton mages in Skyrim, while my only progressed character in Oblivion was a rather..greenish blue Dunmer. And in Morrowind I only played Redguard warriors.

In this game it just happens that Dunmer is my pick.

I wonder what I will play as in ES6..
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Saxhleel
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    why so many Bretons, interesting ....
    PC
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    why so many Bretons, interesting ....
    PC
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    We need more Gonis! ♥
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit. BiS for cuteness and raw damage output
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer
    I'm partial to elves. I have 2 Altmers, 1 Dunmer, 1 Bosmer and 1 Orc.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    The rest are lowly scum.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....and once again, a poll with no Other option...
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no preferred race - but I found that I play recently the most with races, which I did not play that much before - Nord and Argonian. IMO both races are pretty good for the warden class when played solo and PvE. Especially I found new love for the resourcefulness of my argonian maid - I never really made use of this ability before, but I am getting to like it more and more.
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperial, of course.

Ever since good old Morrowind, where I started playing Elder Scrolls long ago, my characters were Imperials.
    The race that brought all the others together in an Empire where everyone had the chance to prosper and be part of something greater.
    Plus (back then in Morrowind) - boni on social skills. ;)
    The Empire in TESO might be a shattered ruin, ruled by traitors, but my Imperial will keep fighting for the true ideals of the Empire as it should be (Hail, Uriel Septim VII !) ! With the Daggerfall Covenant, by the way.
    And he's a Dragon Knight, because, well, how could you be an Imperial and not want to be a Knight of the Dragon ?! (Hail, Akatosh !)

Being a single player gamer at heart, my main is also my only character. Or at least the only one I really play.

When the level-up advisor was released he was far beyond level 50, though, so I started and leveled a 2nd char to get the cute boni (the horse, pet, costume and so on).
    She's a Khajiit, because they've become my 2nd favourite race (I loved their local part of the Dominion main quest, it made me appreciate them so much more). But I don't think I'll do much with her, now that she reached lvl 50, because, as I said, I'm a one-character-per-game kind of person.

PS: Imagine my joy when I discovered that I needed to buy the Imperial Edition (or whatever it is called), just to be able to play my favourite Elder Scrolls race. *rolls eyes* I did it, of course. Clever move, ZOS.
    And then I had to create some dummy char to enter the game, because I had to buy that Imperial thing in the crown store before I could create an Imperial, and I didn't know how to get to the crown store any other way (is there even a way?). Agh.
    Edited by LanteanPegasus on October 22, 2018 5:47PM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer
    I would like to be a Breton but the mouths look like they have Herpes.

My Bosmer sweetie best.
  • FatFred
    FatFred
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer
    My main is a Altmer sor. Because I am a simple man and always choose the mate race&build
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit of course.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    I primarily play 3 characters right now. 2 are Bosmer. The other is a Dunmer.

I do basically have everything, but the rest are either under level 50 or I only do writs on them.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord
    As its been in every Elder Scrolls game for me. I shall overcome your need to keep me down with poo tier passives ZOS!
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer
    Main is an Orc Dragonknight. I have always enjoyed Orsimer lore and I usually play a Warrior archetype in MMOs and single player RPGs, so it's a natural fit.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Because cats are awesome. Also, she's my crafter, so yeah!
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    I have 1 stam version of all classes for pvp (except my nord stamsorc ww is pve), all Nords. plus Nord dk pve tank and my crafter which is also a dk(my first toon). I have only one toon that's another race. breton mag warden for pvp (utility/support).
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer
    Orc since Orc roleplay is the best roleplay...

Too bad i do miss out on dps/sustain for not being a boring Redguard but hey... Roleplay is more important than that.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208