Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Dual wield enchants, both proccing on cooldown from any DW skill or DW light attack.

glavius
glavius
✭✭✭✭✭
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it works as intended, starting from Murkmire - can look up in patch notes. I think only one glyph per damage tick, whichever's on cooldown. I think it was always intended to be like that (since glyphs are stated to be proccing from weapon abilities), but they didn't until they fixed it now. Also berserk, crusher and weakening will be proccing from weapon abilities too.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if they're gonna slip in a last minute DW nerf in the live patch. Guess we'll find out on Monday!
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they're gonna slip in a last minute DW nerf in the live patch. Guess we'll find out on Monday!

Ahh launch day. Always a suspenseful occasion. Everything could change. Or maybe nothing! The only certainty? Someone WILL get screwed over.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchants no longer count as melee so melee chance/stack sets got nerfed more
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

While Flurry is still not counted as melee. What's so freaking hard on fxing this? Is Flurry not a melee skill? Isn't it a skill which does serie of rapid MELEE attacks?
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While Flurry is still not counted as melee. What's so freaking hard on fxing this? Is Flurry not a melee skill? Isn't it a skill which does serie of rapid MELEE attacks?

What's totally ridic is that jabs is multiple melee direct hits, but flurry not a single one :boggle:
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's totally ridic is that jabs is multiple melee direct hits, but flurry not a single one :boggle:

Isn't it the templar passive that's melee not the skill?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is technically fixing a bug but it suddenly makes bleeds extraordinarily OP.

I don’t want them to nerf bleeds though, the enchants are the problems not the bleeds.

Just reverse the bug fix. Enchants were find before.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Oh I always thought it was the skill itself.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

Ahh launch day. Always a suspenseful occasion. Everything could change. Or maybe nothing! The only certainty? Someone WILL get screwed over.

The only certainty is that the game will be down for most of Tuesday as ZOS frantically fix a meaningless issue causing players to get a polymorph they weren't supposed to get, or something like that.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it works as intended, starting from Murkmire - can look up in patch notes. I think only one glyph per damage tick, whichever's on cooldown. I think it was always intended to be like that (since glyphs are stated to be proccing from weapon abilities), but they didn't until they fixed it now. Also berserk, crusher and weakening will be proccing from weapon abilities too.

The issue is both enchants proc simultaneously from same light/weapon attack
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »

Welcome back Torug’s Pact!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jabs count as melee attacks, thats why ravager is popular on stamplars (at least in PvP, PvE not anymore due to the relequen change).

Regarding the changes of the enchants, it is hard to tell yet, how stupid it is damage wise. Infused trait already was very meta on dual wield and in the end uptime of enchants were already high due to weaving. This does not impact dps very much, but applying rending slashes and then forgetting about the same enemy will cause some real issues. Mainly PvP will be impacted by this, especially proccing the offhand enchant will be easier now.
    Edited by Checkmath on October 19, 2018 8:37AM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I'm genuinely terrified for when Stamdens and mDKs figure this out.

mDKs are pretty much a hard-counter to any other Mag class with this on. DoT wings and watch them melt.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Jabs count as melee attacks, thats why ravager is popular on stamplars (at least in PvP, PvE not anymore due to the relequen change).

Regarding the changes of the enchants, it is hard to tell yet, how stupid it is damage wise. Infused trait already was very meta on dual wield and in the end uptime of enchants were already high due to weaving. This does not impact dps very much, but applying rending slashes and then forgetting about the same enemy will cause some real issues. Mainly PvP will be impacted by this, especially proccing the offhand enchant will be easier now.

In PvE it does add significant DPS, a couple k. Twin slashes is constantly proccing both enchants even when you're on bow bar. Basically 100% uptime on enchants. Expect the PvP crying about "bleeds" to be deafening (as if it's not already).

What's weird about these changes is that it seems to be done directly for the benefit of DW. But then per the class rep discussion they're thinking about nerfing DW enchants?
    Edited by Kanar on October 19, 2018 1:57PM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So broken and brain dead of a change.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mDKs are pretty much a hard-counter to any other Mag class with this on. DoT wings and watch them melt.

They already have. What you will have is WWs in torugs too and the light attacks proc’ing the enchants.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

They already have. What you will have is WWs in torugs too and the light attacks proc’ing the enchants.

I’m less bothered about that. WWs are not that strong atm anyway and easily locked-down with a bit of coordination. They don’t really have any defensives at all besides “run away!!”
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kanar , I would say that changes have been done to buff DW, as much as to streamline things and make them work as originally was intended. It's basically a bug fix, because tooltips already were saying that enchants must proc on weapon abilities, but before this moment it was a zoo of bugs - Hail procs, Poison Injection doesn't (but initial hit does), Slashes don't (while Cloak, if I remember right, does, though may be mistaken) and so on and so forth. Now the actual effects simply work as tooltips were saying.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic deserves much more attention, imo.

Is it confirmed that both dw enchants proc at the exact same time, which would mean that using 2 infused enchants like oblivion damage and stamina absorption on the backbar with rending slashes will lead to a 100% uptime of both enchants? If yes, then that would most likely be very broken in no CP.

There would be almost no reason to run any other weapon type on the backbar as a stam player because of the huge damage loss when not using dw. Furthermore, heavy armor bleed builds with dw on the backbar are already very strong on live. This new change now will boost their single target pressure through the roof.

Even if only one enchant procs at a time, I don't like the change, since it overlooks SnB and resto staffs. Both weapon types have no DOT skills available, which will make them more undesirable as a backbar weapon. I'm sure that resto will still be used out of necessity, but I'm pretty sure that I'll drop my backbar SnB with these changes. Imo, enchants should only proc on direct damage.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kanar , I would say that changes have been done to buff DW, as much as to streamline things and make them work as originally was intended. It's basically a bug fix, because tooltips already were saying that enchants must proc on weapon abilities, but before this moment it was a zoo of bugs - Hail procs, Poison Injection doesn't (but initial hit does), Slashes don't (while Cloak, if I remember right, does, though may be mistaken) and so on and so forth. Now the actual effects simply work as tooltips were saying.

Fair enough. We can expect a DW nerf soon I think. As a long-time 2h user I have often pointed out the disparity caused by DW enchants and full-strength DW traits; this most recent round of enchant changes really makes the gap between 2h & DW much larger. I'm actually going DW in murkmire if things go live as they are in 4.2.4. Playing 2h just is gimping yourself way to much on PTS, but it's gonna hurt all stam users when/if they nerf DW unless they also do something to bring up all stam.
    Edited by Kanar on October 19, 2018 3:34PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just afraid that they're going to go full idiot on the DW nerf, and do something like:

"Dual Wield off-hand enchants strength has been reduced by 85%, while the main hand is increased by 25%, and both enchants now have a 1.25x cooldown multiplier that reduces their overall uptime by 75% but increases their uptime by 10% during the waxing gibbous moon if it is in eclipse. Dual Wield enchantments can no longer proc off of light or heavy attacks. To compensate, all DW skills have had their damage buffed by 12%, but now cost 43% more than they previously did. The Infused trait is not longer able to be applied to one-handed weapons. This is a buff if you're wearing 5 or more pieces of Light Armor."

Developer Comments:
    Guys, we're seriously confused here. Turns out balancing a game is pretty hard, and we're not very good at it. Send help!

Maybe I went a little overboard with the hyperbole, but the point is; I'm worried that they will handle the DW adjustments (that I agree are needed) like they have handled so many other adjustments lately. Read: poorly.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s currently over performing by a large margin on PTS. I can confirm what someone said above, any Stam build without DW backbar will be a gimped setup. 2 Infused enchants proccing off rending, 1 poison 1 disease, are each doing roughly equivalent dps to rending on its own from my parses. EACH. Not combined.

Next patch is not looking good, at all.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can maintain 100% uptime on two separate weapon enchants just by applying rending on the backbar. How has this made it through 5 PTS patches without being nerfed?

The damage is so huge that just rending & enchant procs alone (no other damage) on medium armor cannot be healed-through with Rally & Vigor spam. 1 ability out-damaging the healing of an entire build.

Any build that does not use DW is no longer viable in no-CP PvP, this includes all mag builds and any 2h/SnB builds.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think nerf is incoming. :sweat:
  • JerkMctwerk
    For the record, are these results with or without torugs in addition to infused enchants?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the record, are these results with or without torugs in addition to infused enchants?

Doesn't really matter. There is already talk about pve tanks running dual wield back bar and having blood craze with infused duals, one absorb Stam and the other weakening. This is enough of a reason halve the enchantments and infused, to 15% increase to potency and the reduced enchantment cooldown by 25%, on one handed weapons, in my opinion. Totally destroys any reason to run a staff as a back set.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 20, 2018 10:41AM
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    I'm just afraid that they're going to go full idiot on the DW nerf, and do something like:

"Dual Wield off-hand enchants strength has been reduced by 85%, while the main hand is increased by 25%, and both enchants now have a 1.25x cooldown multiplier that reduces their overall uptime by 75% but increases their uptime by 10% during the waxing gibbous moon if it is in eclipse. Dual Wield enchantments can no longer proc off of light or heavy attacks. To compensate, all DW skills have had their damage buffed by 12%, but now cost 43% more than they previously did. The Infused trait is not longer able to be applied to one-handed weapons. This is a buff if you're wearing 5 or more pieces of Light Armor."

Developer Comments:
    Guys, we're seriously confused here. Turns out balancing a game is pretty hard, and we're not very good at it. Send help!

You joke, but you just supplied them with exactly what they've been looking for...LOL :o
    PS4 NA
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What we all know is when zos nerfs something, they lose all brain cells and a newborn toddler can do better balancing than zos can. They’ll not only nerf dw. They’ll absolutely nuke it like they did with major expedition. It will be absolutely WORTHLESS to run dw when zos nerfs it because they lack any brain capacity and will completely destroy dw to the point where nobody will ever touch it.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    What we all know is when zos nerfs something, they lose all brain cells and a newborn toddler can do better balancing than zos can. They’ll not only nerf dw. They’ll absolutely nuke it like they did with major expedition. It will be absolutely WORTHLESS to run dw when zos nerfs it because they lack any brain capacity and will completely destroy dw to the point where nobody will ever touch it.

All they need to do is deliberately un-do the glyph bug fix. Dw was fine before.