The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

What are your plans for your MagSorc after Murkmire goes live.

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adapt; I’ll continue to play my MagSorc and adapt to the changes
    While Im not very optimistic I will at least try to adapt my magsorc, BUT to be very clear IF magsorc is unplayable I will not be playing this game

Current plans

pvp
    Heavy shackle, with alteration jewelry and staffs, Infernal.

pve
    Not even going to try to adapt here, im just staying out of pve entirely and how these changes impact pve leaves me with a very negative view of zos balancing

more to the point I dont think mag should have to adapt in pve, stamina is able to go full damage. its stupid that magic will need to make alterations to their build taking away from offense. This is honestly my biggest complain with nerfmire as a whole
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forget; I’ll just leave the character as is and wait for future buffs to the class
    Got other games to play. Not bothering wasting my time on a heavy armor tank sorc. There are plenty games with true, working mage classes out there.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only just gotten my Sorc to CP so it wont be a huge change but it's still a Dumb change...
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Carry on building/decorating houses.

I recently bought my first house in-game (haven't even done the intro quest) - it's a lot more interesting than I thought it'd be.

Anywho, imma do that, browse the forums and laugh at all the scrubs still getting killed by sorcs and whining how OP they are, try a heavy armor setup and then probably switch to magden.
    Edited by Tonturri on October 13, 2018 7:07AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Carry on building/decorating houses.

I recently bought my first house in-game (haven't even done the intro quest) - it's a lot more interesting than I thought it'd be.

Anywho, imma do that, browse the forums and laugh at all the scrubs still getting killed by sorcs and whining how OP they are, try a heavy armor setup and then probably switch to magden.

Haha, yeah. The only magsorcs still playing will be tanky as. So the tears about unkillable 'glass-cannons' (cos people still think they are all glass cannons) will be rife.
    Ofc, they will hit like a wet noodle...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsubed and playing other game for the last 2 weeks. So i guess i will do NOTHING with my magsorc ). Simple solution.

This was my thought as well. Don't get me wrong. I love ESO to death atm.

But after trying this changes on the PTS. My will to play this game has been draining by the hour. Till the point 2 days ago it reached such a low. That I brought GW2 and all of it's expansions, and unsubbed to ESO Plus. That could've been ZOS's money.

I have the strongest feeling that I might be taking a break from ESO comes Merkmire. Hopefully ZOS draws me back soon before the dark-side takes me fully and ESO becomes a after thought for me.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on October 13, 2018 9:53AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    4. Blocking.. Why can't blocking protect shields (even if only partially) - or, not have the block cost resources if the damage is absorbed by the shield (so nothing to block)?

I was just about to post on this issue.

It was reasonable for block to ignore shields in the past, back when shields were a unique defence mechanic with immunity to certain things.

But now that shields are essentially burst heals (but worse, being capped and unable to crit), there is NO legitimate balance reason against letting them benefit from block.
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 13, 2018 11:13AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crafter; used for gathering nodes, doing writs, and crafting
    Sorcs have been my favorite class SINCE BETA.
    Now that ZOS will cripple Sorcs, 3rd bar and LightArmor,
    my money saved for subscribing will buy me a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2...
    After investing years and a lot of money into this game, I feel betrayed.

Edited by BalticBlues on October 13, 2018 11:40AM
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete; yes, I’m that angry at these changes
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    4. Blocking.. Why can't blocking protect shields (even if only partially) - or, not have the block cost resources if the damage is absorbed by the shield (so nothing to block)?

I was just about to post on this issue.

It was reasonable for block to ignore shields in the past, back when shields were a unique defence mechanic with immunity to certain things.

But now that shields are essentially burst heals (but worse, being capped and unable to crit), there is NO legitimate balance reason against letting them benefit from block.

Thats a good point.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    You lot have it easy tbh. Try being a Magblade in Murkmire and then complain.

Build a bit of resistances into your gear and your shields will be as strong as ever.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You lot have it easy tbh. Try being a Magblade in Murkmire and then complain.

Build a bit of resistances into your gear and your shields will be as strong as ever.

Yeah, but at least their secondary defence (cloak) had buffs the last few patches... (sloads not affecting it, the big red eye, lower mark duration).. thats still very viable to go with harness..
    Edited by Biro123 on October 13, 2018 11:41PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the moment, I plan to just deal with the roughly 50% nerf to my shield (and i had the smaller shield morph.) All light armor toons effectively got crushed on defense but hopefully the shield will still be enough to mitigate the unavoidable damage ZOS puts in trials and also give healers enough time to fix me if I take a shot. I am worried though. There are a lot of places where the previous shield was in no way overkill. 50% nerfs are probably always indicative of *** balance decisions and the shield magnitudes had shifted around a lot before landing where they are. I really doubt they were 50% off. At this point, who knows how the meta will shift or if trial guilds will just suffer a greater than 50% mortality like they did after the stupid decisions the wobbler made with Morrowind and there won't be anybody to run with again anyway.

As for PVP, yea, magsorc is pretty screwed but I honestly already thought that the whole stam toon dodge, superspeed with slow immunity, and LOS was much stronger. I have not thought mag toons competitive in PVP for some time. Stam hits much harder, is much faster, mitigates much better with roll dodge and armor rating, CC's with far stronger abilities, can drop others CC's and still fight, and lacks little in heals on the builds that matter most.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on October 14, 2018 5:46AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can only adapt so many times until you say *** this.

This is a game, the word adapt imply that you lost something, and now you need to adapt to it, i wouldn't call it good, now, if something was way too strong, then a nerf is not bad, but we are talking about zenimax, normal, gradual nerfs are pretty much always overnerfs, and this isn't even sorc specific, yes sorcs will be hit the hardest, but other classes too.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to spend all my gold theory-crafting cancer builds and all my free time campaigning on the forums for stamina and nightblade nerfs.

Well there goes any subjective and constructive discussion without any bias :^P
  • MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    Retire.
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafter; used for gathering nodes, doing writs, and crafting
    Valykc wrote: »
    Staying all the current PTS changes stick. What will you do with your MagSorc? I might turn mine into a StamSorc running 5/5/2, seventh, briarheart, and troll king in PvP. Been wanting to test that build for awhile, just not looking forward to grinding DBoS again lol.

By the way I have seen EXACTLY this build fail hard in Duells just recently ;)

Thanks to the OL changes, StamSorcs lack the bar space to equip the Defensive Rune they might need to make this build viable, and also lack a strong class melee attack skill. Both Crushing Weapons and Dizzy Swing don´t work in real PvP latency conditions.
    Edited by Thraben on October 14, 2018 10:00AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Valykc wrote: »
    Staying all the current PTS changes stick. What will you do with your MagSorc? I might turn mine into a StamSorc running 5/5/2, seventh, briarheart, and troll king in PvP. Been wanting to test that build for awhile, just not looking forward to grinding DBoS again lol.

By the way I have seen EXACTLY this build fail hard in Duells just recently ;)

Thanks to the OL changes, StamSorcs lack the bar space to equip the Defensive Rune they might need to make this build viable, and also lack a strong class melee attack skill. Both Crushing Weapons and Dizzy Swing don´t work in real PvP latency conditions.

Thanks for the insight, I actually dropped this idea and am trying 5 bone pirate, 5 shacklebreaker, 2 Troll King. (5 heavy, 2medium, dual wield and two handed) on a Stamblade
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget; I’ll just leave the character as is and wait for future buffs to the class
    callen4492 wrote: »
    Heavy armor sorcs are going to be amazing this patch. Sorry to everyone unwilling to adapt.

Keep your PVP comments out.
    This is why Sorcs are getting hurt in PVE as PVPers gloat and make others cry, then that BS advertently affects PVE.

Just hush and do your thing.
    You don't speak for PVE players with such a statement for "unwilling to adapt".
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Heavy armor sorcs are going to be amazing this patch. Sorry to everyone unwilling to adapt.

This is why Sorcs are getting hurt in PVE as PVPers gloat and make others cry, then that BS advertently affects PVE.

it's a tough world out there mewser...

grab a tissue and persevere...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you're someone that prefers a larger array of character options to play - you can't spend all your time and effort chasing the new "meta", or, constantly placing yourself in a position where you need to do major overhauls to your builds all the time...

there are basic useful gear, pots, food/drink buffs, myndus stones, and abilities that'll work in most cases for a mag sorc...

cyrodiil, overland world bosses, battlegrounds, delves, public dungeons, imperial city, quests, all normal pledge dungeons, basic zone vet 1 dungeons - all this content you can accomplish with less than optimized toon builds...

having said all that, I'm adding a couple of pieces of heavy and a resto staff to my current build...

it's not that hard to get some decent damage output on a mag sorc...plenty of gear sets to make you a little extra tanky...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Blood Spawn, Overwhelming Surge and Heavy Sloads. Turtle until 500 ultimate and then Overload spam.

Did this on my magplar, but with shadowrend.
    Got a few hate tells after. 😏😏😏
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Got other games to play. Not bothering wasting my time on a heavy armor tank sorc. There are plenty games with true, working mage classes out there.

So much this lol.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these changes go Live ill probably un-subscribe and stop playing until they fix it.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Blood Spawn, Overwhelming Surge and Heavy Sloads. Turtle until 500 ultimate and then Overload spam.

Did this on my magplar, but with shadowrend.
    Got a few hate tells after. 😏😏😏

This is exactly what I've been considering haha
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other; your poll options suck
    It will continue to be my PvE gear farm toon, as it has been for a few patches.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    SirMewser wrote: »

it's a tough world out there mewser...

grab a tissue and persevere...

When I cry, I get this urge to fart in your mouth. :'(
    Edited by SirMewser on October 15, 2018 3:14AM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Is necropotence no longer the go to for a PvE pet build? Has anyone tested damage sets in place since stacking Magicka won't net bigger shields?
    Edited by md3788 on October 16, 2018 1:07PM
    vFG1 HM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    Is necropotence no longer the go to for a PvE pet build? Has anyone tested damage sets in place since stacking Magicka won't net bigger shields?

Shields aren’t the reason you use Necro as Pet Sorc. The reason is that Pets damage only scaled off Max Magicka. That has not changed with Murkmire.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im 100% sure that sorc haters claim they will adapt while they never main'ed a sorc.

Lets see after murkmire hits live how many Magsorcs will be around and how much you will adapt bois
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    md3788 wrote: »

Shields aren’t the reason you use Necro as Pet Sorc. The reason is that Pets damage only scaled off Max Magicka. That has not changed with Murkmire.

I understand that but I feel like the benefit of necro was two fold - bigger shields and more pet damage. Now that one has been eliminated, was curious if people were building for spell damage vs pet damage.
    Edited by md3788 on October 16, 2018 1:45PM
    vFG1 HM