The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

What are your plans for your MagSorc after Murkmire goes live.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll just change my build up for pvp. To all the other sorcs having a stroke about the health cap, it is absolutely nothing compared to the original nerf, the cast time.

The health cap really only kills off the maximised mag builds - which were fairly rare anyway (but I was always a fan of them) - for most 'standard' builds its not much of a difference..
    BUT the crit/resist change is huge. Imho. people missed how big an impact that one is due to all the gnashing of teeth over the cast-time/cap..

It's how Zos sometimes do nerfs - they wave a baseball-bat at you, to make you panic - then swap it for a feather and hoof you in the nads while you're watching the feather.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt; I’ll continue to play my MagSorc and adapt to the changes
    I'll stick with magsorc. One reason for this is that this game atm is not really worth investing time to level and thoroughly learn a new class. They should better spice things up a bit in the sooner future.
    Biro123 wrote: »
    hoof you in the nads

Uhm, I'm no native speaker but if that means what I think, I got hoofed in the nads hard with the cast time (that's gone) and a second time with the Major Expedition nerf on Boundless Storm.

I'll continue to build for sustain, and a bit more for resistances. I'll sacrifice damage for this, always have.

What really hurts me is to give up Swift speed. Normal speed feels like walking around in glue, it just sucks. Luckily, the Swift nerf makes it easier to let go.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    I'll stick with magsorc. One reason for this is that this game atm is not really worth investing time to level and thoroughly learn a new class. They should better spice things up a bit in the sooner future.
    hoof you in the nads

Uhm, I'm no native speaker but if that means what I think, I got hoofed in the nads hard with the cast time (that's gone) and a second time with the Major Expedition nerf on Boundless Storm.

I'll continue to build for sustain, and a bit more for resistances. I'll sacrifice damage for this, always have.

What really hurts me is to give up Swift speed. Normal speed feels like walking around in glue, it just sucks. Luckily, the Swift nerf makes it easier to let go.

Nahh - the baseball-bat was the cast-time - swapped for the feather (cap), with the crit-damage being the less-noticed but just as painful kick in the spondoolies.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other; your poll options suck
    Will take a look at the final patch version as it comes to live. If things stay as they are on PTS atm, I'll take a break from the game. Already canceled sub to be out when murkmire hits and can make a free decision on whether the game is still worth spending money on or not.

2 years ago ZOS nerfed my then-time PVP main into group uselessness and I had to start from scratch on another char and another class. Not willing to do that again. Either ZOS provides an enjoyable game or I opt out.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just change my build up for pvp. To all the other sorcs having a stroke about the health cap, it is absolutely nothing compared to the original nerf, the cast time.

BUT the crit/resist change is huge. Imho. people missed how big an impact that one is due to all the gnashing of teeth over the cast-time/cap..

I think the crit change to shields is something that we'll have to see about on live. I know I'm switching to impen but still keeping my light armor.

Magicka people may have issues there, but at stamdens will have their precious shield be crit on too.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsubed and playing other game for the last 2 weeks. So i guess i will do NOTHING with my magsorc ). Simple solution.
    Edited by Massacre_Wurm on October 11, 2018 12:13PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love double posting.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on October 11, 2018 12:21PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unsubed and playing other game for the last 2 weeks. So i guess i will do NOTHING with my magsorc ). Simple solution.

congration-you-done-it.jpg
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the crit change to shields is something that we'll have to see about on live. I know I'm switching to impen but still keeping my light armor.

Magicka people may have issues there, but at stamdens will have their precious shield be crit on too.

I kind of think stamdens may have been hit fairly hard this patch. Its not immediately obvious - but the evasion change hits pretty much their whole burst, and they were also a class to commonly run a lot of speed boosts. Hard to say for sure though until we see how the meta evolves.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kind of think stamdens may have been hit fairly hard this patch. Its not immediately obvious - but the evasion change hits pretty much their whole burst, and they were also a class to commonly run a lot of speed boosts. Hard to say for sure though until we see how the meta evolves.

Community is really underplaying the Major Evasion changes. Overall it's a buff to medium since good players normally dodge the heavy hitting single target skills and medium can pretty much face tank significant portions of every classes burst with the exception of nightblade and mag sorc with this change.

I partially believe that mag sorc wasn't given any significant changes due to the fact that every other class except Nightblade are going to take a big hit in PvP.

Doubtful Blade Cloak will be meta on heavy as it is overkill imo. Heavy has solid mitigation, and losing a utility/damage slot for more mitigation just seems less than optimal. So medium gets a relative buff.

Nightblades got a pretty huge indirect buff though. Pretty much left virtually untouched from a PvP perspective.
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    43% potential crybabies as atm...

Explains why the forum gets flooded by Sorc cry babies who give other Sorcs a bad name by class association.
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    Delete; yes, I’m that angry at these changes

The health cap really only kills off the maximised mag builds - which were fairly rare anyway (but I was always a fan of them) - for most 'standard' builds its not much of a difference..

It's how Zos sometimes do nerfs - they wave a baseball-bat at you, to make you panic - then swap it for a feather and hoof you in the nads while you're watching the feather.

Thats why this hp cap is a non sens. High magicka builds are not the most played, so why nerf them ? I am a huge fan of them too, and i have only one character. Even a cast time is better for this build. Why not let us choose ?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe I'm naively optimistic, but I feel Murkmire won't be that bad in this one, particular regard.

Gaining 20% snare resistance (from 5pc light armor) is the equivalent of having 2 pcs of swift, though of course it's not true out-of-combat mobility, and only applies when snared (which honestly is nearly full uptime during most fights anyway).

That is assuming the reduction applies subtractively, it was mentioned in another PTS thread but I'm still awaiting confirmation.
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 11, 2018 1:53PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magsorc (specifically, a petsorc, who does typically build for max mag) is my main, the toon I've done vet dungeons and started doing vet trials on, and I'm in some great guilds who've reassured me this patch won't make my sorc a pariah when I start to despair overmuch. So I'll endeavor to adapt, at least at first. I may add a bit more health to my build, switch to hardened ward, generally play a bit safer. And hopefully, I'll still be able to do my dps job in a way that, for me at least, is effective and enjoyable (30k+, not spending most of the fight dead, still contributing).

And in the meantime, I'm going to start gearing up and practicing with at least one other toon, after doing some work on PTS and consulting with other players to determine a different spec I might find enjoyable. So that next time this happens and ZOS decides they want to burn a class, I'm ready and not so disheartened.

At least, in theory.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

Maybe I'm naively optimistic, but I feel Murkmire won't be that bad in this one, particular regard.

Gaining 20% snare resistance (from 5pc light armor) is the equivalent of having 2 pcs of swift, though of course it's not true out-of-combat mobility, and only applies when snared (which honestly is nearly full uptime during most fights anyway).

That is assuming the reduction applies subtractively, it was mentioned in another PTS thread but I'm still awaiting confirmation.

Well, whenever i had to pass more than a few meters, I used Retreating Maneuver, Dark Deal, and sprinted away into the sunset 3% below the speed cap (3x purple swift) immune to snares and roots.

This would still be possible with 3 x swift + steed (or Hurricane), but it's just too much opportunity cost, especially with the need for some resistances.

I really hope Grace is additive, but let's be honest, we all know it will be multiplicative.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try to adapt, but if it looks like it's going to be that bad, i may just have him sit. I mainly PvP, so with some new sets, and rethinking, it'll take some time to see what happens.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^^^
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will try out some things and see how it works out. Mag Sorc is my one and only character and that won't change. If it doesn't work out then I guess its time to move on.
    A few things I know for sure I won't try. I refuse to use mainly heavy armor. Light armor fits the class. I will not switch to a stamina build. Again, magika fits the class.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc the moving bank
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heal pet/all pets unkillable?

Ez tank 3 dps runs
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swap healing ward for harness mag, keep playing as I have been. Probably swap spinners for the new spell strategist set.
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Fallout 76 :trollface:

I agree
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences for anyone doing pve or playing petsorc.

I think classic pvp sorcs will be somewhat playableafter adapting builds.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having been experimenting with some builds on live to try to rely less on shields - I've a few 'quality of life' suggestions for sorcs now to give more options, and have them seem less clunky.. (All PVP-centric)

1. Revert the dark exchange casting delay. Its longer than other abilities so screws you're bar-swap muscle memory.. and in that last 0.2 seconds cooldown, it actually stops bar-swapping - which has messed me up a number of times. Remove it. This would potentially become a semi-viable - and less clunky heal option for a non-shieldy sorc. Perhaps make part of its heal a heal over time.

2. Have pets use the players resists if higher than their native resists. If people want to use pets for heals - lets have them at least semi-reliable. using the players crit-resists was a step in the right direction, but not enough imho. Also perhaps have them affected by players defensive CPs? This would make them workable with a weak-shield build - and perhaps even possible with a high resists/impen, no-shield build.

4. Blocking.. Why can't blocking protect shields (even if only partially) - or, not have the block cost resources if the damage is absorbed by the shield (so nothing to block)? And why not change the aegis block bonus to be a block cost reduction?

5. There needs to be a re-work of some abilities to help with bar-space issues. Especially since the overload bar has gone. I mean, some must-have effects need to be merged together somewhere or moved to a passive.. or some effects strengthened so they don't need to be augmented by other, similar abilities.. eg. I can run surge to try to get some constant heals - but it has too many conditions for a low heal so needs to be augmented with rapid regen.. And also needs boundless for those constant damage ticks.. I mean fwd momentum provides heals as good as surge, gives the brutality buff AND snare immunity all in one slot, surge only does 2 of those and also relies on other abilities.. Lets say if surge procced on hit, rather than crit, and its heals could crit.. could maybe drop rapid regen. Or if bound armour actually was like armour and gave major resists - boundless gave minor instead - but also cleared snares like fwd momentum, and had more range and more damage (to help surge procs). You know - make stuff useful in their own right.. Mobility? boundless does the job.. Resists, bound armour does that job..

5. Cost.. Not too sure about sustain now with the dark exchange changes... but I think given some of the nerfs to certain abilities - they need a cost reduction - namely boundless and shields. Also surge costs way too much for what it does.

7. Make streak block-castable. It currently breaks block before your streak, then robs you of all momentum.. It needs to either be more mobile, or to allow you to be more defensive with it

This is partially from an experimental setup, where to minimise shield reliance, I tried frost staff, high impen, strong resists - and found..:

Sustain was hard with blocking.

Once under pressure, with blocking, there were very little healing options - as they are all tied to resto - the bar you're NOT on while blocking.. So needing to drop block to switch bar was painful on both health, and then stam (from resto blocking). Improving surge or pet-survivability could help here.

Once under pressure, mobility disappeared. Snared with no way to remove it - and streak dropping block made it dangerous to use (not to mention lower mag builds means being able to streak less).

Damage was poor.

Bar space was a nightmare.. For damage, I needed CS, reach, frags, curse. For stats, either inner light or aegis (inner was better for crits for surge)
    Defence/mobility - I needed boundless, hardened, dark-exch(or combat prayer), rapid regen, surge, streak.

Note that makes 11 must-have abilities, and doesn't even fit in the execute, so one has to drop.... Surely for any class, it should be 8-9 must-haves with a few flex-spots?
    Edited by Biro123 on October 12, 2018 10:56AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor sorcs are going to be amazing this patch. Sorry to everyone unwilling to adapt.
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    Staying all the current PTS changes stick. What will you do with your MagSorc? I might turn mine into a StamSorc running 5/5/2, seventh, briarheart, and troll king in PvP. Been wanting to test that build for awhile, just not looking forward to grinding DBoS again lol.

I'm leveling me one. It will be OP next patch. With medium dodge rolls nerfed and heavy speed nerfed...mag sorcs are gonna be bigger than live.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very frustrated as I just renewed my ESO plus after taking a break after being disappointed with the Summerset release (just found it underwhelming) but now feel like taking another break as my main is a sorc (with almost 30K achievement points).

The shield nerfs are forcing the biggest change to my play style since I started playing and I don't like it. I feel like this change is quite alienating for older players that might not have lightning fast reflexes and may lean on the shield more than others.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to spend all my gold theory-crafting cancer builds and all my free time campaigning on the forums for stamina and nightblade nerfs.

So you will end up a broke fool. ZOS will never nerf stamblades.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield nerfing was needed. On my magsorc i was pretty much unkillable and could dish out huge amount of dsp. Too easy mode.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carry on building/decorating houses.