The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Oceanic Lag now 300-400 ms even with a vpn - was 250-300??

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    Today getting consistently sub-300mS pings for the first time in over a year. I really hope that it's not "too good to last"...

I KNEW it was too good to be true, today I'm back to a solid 300+ :(((((((
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today getting consistently sub-300mS pings for the first time in over a year. I really hope that it's not "too good to last"...

Perhaps because of the event? I hope so
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ping was dropping into the 260s last night, hasnt been that low in years.
    Still jumps around alot, swings between 266 and 350, but its definitely getting better.

Interestingly, this is the first time my whole dungeon team has had ping in the 280 range and we completed a no death, speed run fang lair, i wonder if its connected....
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I havent seen any improvement in Sydney EU megaserver.
    310-360 ping with Mudfish.
    I wonder what ArchaAge Unchained ping will be...
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on October 4, 2019 1:17AM
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got home from Japan. Currently in game latency of 230 - 250 with Mudfish on (latest update of mudfish). Game feels like the latency is genuine.

PC NA
    Wired Connection to Modem
    NBN TPG 50Mbs Plan
    Mudfish: Auto Setup
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps because of the event? I hope so

Events normally make my ping a lot less stable, hopefully it's just that!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    For whatever it's worth, I'm now getting more typical 240ish latency the last few days, from 350+ the last few weeks. I even briefly saw 200, something I haven't seen in years. If this is thanks to ZoS efforts, they're appreciated. If it's just random, well, hopefully ZoS is still at work.

Good luck to other players logging in from distant connections.
  • Drakostax
    Drakostax
    ✭✭
    South Aussie here, my ping is averaging around 280 down from 330, even dropped as low as 250ms (which I've never actually seen before).
    Haven't seen a below-300 ping in about 2 years. Hope it sticks around for a while lol. And like a lot of others have said, ZoS, if you actively made this happen, thank you. Jesus H thank you.
    @Drakostax - PC/NA
    Smooth sailing with dat 280ms Aussie latency.
  • CH77
    CH77
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff.... I'm tempted to make a come back.... Will mean digging out the PC again as it was only being used for ESO...
    Does anyone play on Mac? I'll probably need an eGPU to getting it working on a MacBook Pro tho...
  • Stokowski
    Stokowski
    ✭✭✭
    DoobZ69 wrote: »
    they've ignored the issue until the middle of a 47th page of a discussion, which has spent time on the first page of the General Discussion forum on and off FOR A YEAR, and only commented after 40 pages when the possible 1 year contract with Akamai was due for renewal/renegotiation. Their excuses are blatantly glaring.

Well, it was our fault for not framing the problem as an inability to access the Crown Store.

Edited by Stokowski on October 4, 2019 5:45PM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is that it? No more Akamai? Can we set our pitch forks down?
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    I hung back from commenting because we've had transient improvements in performance before only for it to degrade.

So, this Melbourne dweller is delighted to report Cyrodil ping off 250 off peak and 260-280 NA prime time.

I am loving pvp again and so glad I hung on and didn't quit... but man it came close.
  • Frostystuff
    Frostystuff
    ✭✭
    Is much improved thank you zos
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dare not step into Halls of Fabrication...
  • CH77
    CH77
    ✭✭✭
    How's things looking for people a few days since the last message?
    Haven't had a chance to fire up the PC yet - waiting for a new case to arrive before I get it set up again....
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been sitting in the 266-300 range all week. Pretty good for WA. First time ive seen 260s for years.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is much improved thank you zos

It's a bit improved. Lets not get besides ourselves with such a modest improvement. I'm still getting better performance with Mudfish.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CH77 wrote: »
    How's things looking for people a few days since the last message?
    Haven't had a chance to fire up the PC yet - waiting for a new case to arrive before I get it set up again....

Dragons and some trials (aetherian archives, nHOF, etc.) are still problematic with stacking damage and slowing FPS/bluescreen.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what to think. With exit lag i am seeing as low ping as I ever have, even at times 250 for brief periods even in pvp.

However i am still having very bad animation lag in pvp. Not so much in pve.

There is still desync and the game does not play any different than when I had ping in the 300's and above.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if zos somehow lived up to their advertisment... Ocx in eso is dead as... Why people even bother with it anymore.. Just wasting your money and time.
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My connection no longer goes through Akamai if I do a tracert to a ZOS IP, and my ping went down too.
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    What did we want?

"ZOS to stop sending Oceanic traffic across half the planet via Akamai! “

When did we want it?

“Six months to a year ago!"
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What benefit i gained a few weeks back has gone. The past 2 weeks on xbox na has been crazily bad. Im hoping it will get better once the event is over.
  • Shady_Knights
    Shady_Knights
    ✭✭✭
    Sitting on 240 in game ping without 3rd party tools now as well.

Nearly a year worth of heavily impacting the game experience, with disconnections, problems, fallen on deaf ears until now.

It is time to talk compensation.

Zenimax have failed to deliver a stable service for a long time to countries in the Oceania area.

Zenimax have failed to acknowledge said issue, this has wasted a good deal of time pushing the ownership on end users to troubleshoot gather information, messing around on the FAQ which directs to do port forwarding and other pointless troubleshooting that had nothing to do with the issue.

Gameplay has been impacted severely through this time, frequent drop outs, PVP off limits, raiding broken, just an all round frustrating experience.

Zenimax have a record of customers Country Origin, and when these accounts had paid for subscriptions during this period.

It would be easy for Zenimax to offer some form of compensation for the lost value on said subscriptions on accounts clearly impacted throughout this time. Compensation should be based on subscribed months. Eg. For every month subscribed 10 days ESO plus. Subscribed 6 months = 6 x 10 = 60 days free.

You now know the issue was upstream on your arrangement with Akamai. It's not your customers fault. Do the right thing.
    Edited by Shady_Knights on October 17, 2019 11:27AM
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They totally denied there was a problem throughout the entire year it was defective.

There's no way they will offer us any compensation.

I do however, fully understand your frustration as I shared it with you.

I don't need any anyhow as my compensation was that I started playing another game which I enjoy much more than ESO. So thank you ZOS for making me aware that there are better and more polished games out there and affording me the opportunity to discover them.

That said;

It is annoying to be treated by a company like this and does leave a very sour tasted in my mouth. And oh, the distrust I have now for Zenimax.

It's one thing to admit there is a problem that can't be easily solved for whatever reasons, but it's another thing to lie about a problem and deny there is one.

Anyway, I'm done with it now. ZOS has lost me as a paying customer and I am sure there are many others, some of whom contributed to this thread. I still log in everyday, but I won't be giving ZOS any of my hard earned money any time soon.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Audrena
    Audrena
    ✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm done with it now. ZOS has lost me as a paying customer and I am sure there are many others, some of whom contributed to this thread

I can be counted among the "no longer paying" crowd from Australia as well. I cancelled my two long-standing subscriptions - PC and PS4 - a couple of months ago when it got to the point of me realising that even basic world activities such as world bosses had been a "tag, die to something you cannot see and wait for loot" thing for ages. The dragons in Elsweyr, well, that kinda sealed it. Performance had been bad before but was going downhill.

Since then, my ISP has been able to block the faulty Akamai routing in some way, and by the sound of it ZOS has stepped up and done something about it as well. But the damage is done for me. What was a daily login for me now has me opting not to most of the time - I just expect it to be another tedious couple of minutes to even log in to get started (when I can boot up WoW and be in the game world in 30 seconds) and expect that once I'm in, there'll be massive lag, glacially slow UI actions and occasional unexplained disconnections.

And through all of it, the silence from the company that makes and runs the game on this thread was deafening. By the time they finally offered a response it felt more like an insult than a comfort.

I'll probably pop back in at some stage - after all, I still have a lot of story to complete, including Elsweyr which I bought against my better judgement.

But the shine's worn off it all, entirely because of this long, frustrating experience. Such a shame.

• ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    100% This problem never resolve...never end.

Have to accept and for me 100Mb internet

When i play ESO

Lower ping 250

Moderate ping 350-450 (really simple for me)

Hell ping 9999+ (used to see 35XXXms)
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely seen improvements with update 24. Ping stable at 240ms in game WITHOUT mudfish and 80FPS. Probably the best its been for me in 2 years.

Gold Coast, Australia. TPG NBN Hibrid coaxial 50MB/s plan.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP here :smile:

I logged in after 3 months and I'm getting 230-260 ms without a vpn !!
    Err who unplugged akamay lol ?

Hows everyone else doing?
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    In WA, open world down to 280 (and 100 FPS), but in Cyro, still getting red numbers in the mid 300 range.
This discussion has been closed.