The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buff to pets in pve?

StormChaser3000
StormChaser3000
✭✭✭✭✭
4.2.2 notes. "Combat pets will now take 0 damage while in a Dungeon, Trial, or Group Arena."

Does this mean literally zero damage and their immortality in dungeons (unless player is alive)? If yes, these are really good news. This removes half of the shield nerf problem for sorcs in pve at least.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm happy about it, now if only they would remove chain lightning in vAA, and the Kite mechanics in vAS from them, then I would never complain again....about their viability in trials at least...
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a solid change for solo play
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Immortal pets that kill allies on Vaa last boss and st olms xP
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Immortal pets that kill allies on Vaa last boss and st olms xP

shhhh we don't talk about it. We just make the inexperienced ones think they're messing up and the pets are fine.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Trap... :D

It's a not so subtle message saying Play as a PET SORC and SHUT THE HELL UP. :| Yes it's knee jerk to the Shield Nerfs, and is simpler to code Immune to damage lol.

My fear as this will be the foundation justification for all Sorc nerfs in the future. I'm wondering if anyone asked for this, or does it make sense??... I can hear the cries now. SORCS are Soloing content no one could solo prior by some mechanism of invincible pets... then Nerfbat.

P.S.
    So the "Rebate" Summoning passive doesn't apply in dungeons as pets will never die... Needs another adjustment or just do without it. Meh.
    Edited by Cronopoly on October 1, 2018 6:46PM
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    It's a not so subtle message saying Play as a PET SORC and SHUT THE HELL UP. :| Yes it's knee jerk to the Shield Nerfs, and is simpler to code Immune to damage lol.

My fear as this will be the foundation justification for all Sorc nerfs in the future. I'm wondering if anyone asked for this, or does it make sense??... I can hear the cries now. SORCS are Soloing content no one could solo prior by some mechanism of invincible pets... then Nerfbat.

P.S.
    So the "Rebate" Summoning passive doesn't apply in dungeons as pets will never die... Needs another adjustment or just do without it. Meh.

Ah true, didn't really think about the rebate passive, then again, who really uses that? I mean, prior to this patch our pets wouldn't have died anyway (unless they mysteriously get wiped from existence every time you fought the last boss on round 5 in vMA).
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    RE: vAA and the Mage. We actually changed the Mage's Chain Lightning in Update 19 to no longer target pets. It was an oversight that we did not include a note :(

One thing to keep in mind also, pets can not use Taunts in the content in which they are immune so, the dream of having pets tank for you is not possible.

As always, please feel free to send in bug reports for situations (like vAA) where a pet is affected by an ability that would adversely affect the group with little counter-play and we will evaluate those reports.

Thanks!
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    RE: vAA and the Mage. We actually changed the Mage's Chain Lightning in Update 19 to no longer target pets. It was an oversight that we did not include a note :(

One thing to keep in mind also, pets can not use Taunts in the content in which they are immune so, the dream of having pets tank for you is not possible.

As always, please feel free to send in bug reports for situations (like vAA) where a pet is affected by an ability that would adversely affect the group with little counter-play and we will evaluate those reports.

Thanks!

Whoa, thank for info, it open nice possibilities for pet build.

What about rebate passive ability ? Since pets won't die in PVE anymore, maybe it could be changed ?
    Edited by Apherius on October 1, 2018 6:56PM
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

What about mechanics in other trials, such as storm the heavens in vAS?
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »

Thanks!

What about mechanics in other trials, such as storm the heavens in vAS?

@ZOS_Finn 100% this, are there any plans on looking into that? btw I 100% support the change to not make them taunt, It'd be even better if you could remove the volitile familiar's AOE stun, or at least make it a toggle so we can choose. Don't get me wrong, I love my little tankbane, but oh my gosh does he live up to his name...
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Does this mean pets won't draw aggro from the final boss in Asylum anymore?
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

@ZOS_Finn

As far as I'm aware, the storm atro still spreads the chain lightning, even post-Update 19. The scamp doesn't (yay!), but Bruce the Lightning Rock still seems to.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... One thing to keep in mind also, pets can not use Taunts in the content in which they are immune so, the dream of having pets tank for you is not possible ...
    Goodbye solo PvE PetSorc, you were fun to play while it lasted ...
    sad2.gif
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead

@ZOS_Finn

As far as I'm aware, the storm atro still spreads the chain lightning, even post-Update 19. The scamp doesn't (yay!), but Bruce the Lightning Rock still seems to.

It should not, we will look into it.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn can you also look into pets dying after beating the first boss of White Gold? When running through it for the mask motif, everytime we beat the first boss, my pets were unsummoned.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But... what about PVP? I play pet sorc in BGs very well... with the PTS shields they will die like flies. :(

Edited by maboleth on October 1, 2018 7:34PM
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the Clannfear will no longer tank?

This thread took me from ecstatic to anxiety-ridden in just 1 minute :#
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »

Trust me this is a good thing, now we won't get ripped on by the tank for "stealing aggro". Plus it really isn't that bad even in vMA. Now we just need to make it so they can't complain about the familiar stunning mobs, even when someone else does it. aka, make the stun a toggle or just remove it.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The soft-taunt was removed from the Clannfear in Morrowind, over a year ago. Halls of Fabrication was being tested, and the feature was removed without explanation during that time. If there has been a stated reason for why that happened, I missed it.
    Edited by Erraln on October 2, 2018 5:37AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is wonderful news. Finally some warden love.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 1, 2018 8:00PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.. what??
    Can it be at least manually toggable or make it a random proc for like 10-15 sec + cooldown?
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on October 1, 2018 8:26PM
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »

The soft-taunt was removed from the Clannfear in Summerset, over a year ago. Halls of Fabrication was being tested, and the feature was removed without explanation during that time. If there has been a stated reason for why that happened, I missed it.

But Summerset is a mere 4 months old.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

was going to ask if removing the clanifear's taunt was intended and it looks like it was. so he is now pretty much useless because his ability to taunt was his main redeeming trait.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »
    Erraln wrote: »

The soft-taunt was removed from the Clannfear in Summerset, over a year ago. Halls of Fabrication was being tested, and the feature was removed without explanation during that time. If there has been a stated reason for why that happened, I missed it.

But Summerset is a mere 4 months old.

Seeing Halls of Fabrication, I'm going to put 2 and 2 together and guess they're referring to Morrowind.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pets cant die in PvE? Than the Rebate passive will be more useless :D
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... One thing to keep in mind also, pets can not use Taunts in the content in which they are immune so, the dream of having pets tank for you is not possible ...
    SirAndy wrote: »
    sad2.gif

They are only immune to damage in Group Dungeons, Trials, and Group Arenas.

Therefore they will still draw aggro in vMA, World Bosses, overland PvE, etc. They're not totally immune to ALL damage, only in the specified venues - I.E. group content.

Though, if you were hoping to have a portable tank with you in the thought of soloing vet dungeons, that idea is indeed out the window.

Edited by Feric51 on October 1, 2018 8:20PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    sad2.gif

They are only immune to damage in Group Dungeons, Trials, and Group Arenas.

Therefore they will still draw aggro in vMA, World Bosses, overland PvE, etc. They're not totally immune to ALL damage, only in the specified venues.

vMA, believe it or not, is a trial.

Edit: wait, is it a solo arena now? when did it stray from the title "solo trial"?
    Edited by codestripper on October 1, 2018 8:21PM
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah he no longer taunts I just went through a normal dungeon solo like i normally do and no taunts. so there is no reason to run him anymore.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn
    VAA
    • Does chain lightning fix include that they no longer conduct the chain lightning? They were not targeted by the chain-lightning directly but they connect the chain lightning from one teammate to another. (Do not think i tested it last update)

VAS
    • Still one of the biggest pain-points is that pets carry the storm of the heaven lightning around. Aka killing everyone who gets close to them.

vHoF
    • Long lasting roots are really bad for pets who can not free them self
    • Also maybe exclude the pets from getting a "reflect" when damaging the last boss in this repair phase/shield phase in the middle. Kinda doable to control them to not do it but especial new players often forget it and the pet automatically goes to the main boss wiping the whole grp unless the raid leader yells "control your f***** pets".Some console player said they do not have the option to recall pets.(Dunno if it is true )

VSO
    • worldshaper mechanic of the last boss is a 1shot so not sure if the 0 damage fixes it
    • first boss sometimes knockes the pet up in the air and they stay up there
      WNFkvBM.jpg

VMol:
    (This could be actually be fixed but i have really not played my sorc in a very long time since how screwed up the sustain is) The fist door in vMol used to bug out the pets and they no longer attack anything till re-summoned

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    @ZOS_Finn
    VAA
    • Long lasting roots are really bad for pets who can not free them self
    • Also maybe exclude the pets from getting a "reflect" when damaging the last boss in this repair phase/shield phase in the middle. Kinda doable to control them to not do it but especial new players often forget it and the pet automatically goes to the main boss wiping the whole grp unless the raid leader yells "control your f***** pets".Some console player said they do not have the option to recall pets.(Dunno if it is true )

Console player here... The ONLY controls we have over our pets is to initiate their "special" with whatever button they're hotkeyed to, and to unsummon them completely by going into the Character menu ---> Active Effects ----> remove (pet) effect.

There is no way to de-aggro them, have them specifically target a certain mob, etc. It's..... challenging to run them efficiently.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)