Maintenance for the week of April 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 7.0.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Got the idea of new changes - game considered too easy.

Malem_Benign
Malem_Benign
✭✭✭
Hello again,

After watching this interesting show for some time I've finally get the idea.

So you want to remove the comfortable-evening play from the game for at least big number of players. Make their participation in PVP areas and BGs valuable only in a few specific sets. Make Veteran Dungeons a lot more harder to win, once again in a very few specific sets. Make every boss with K.O. shots a deadend. Make Solo Dungeons unbearable in any possible way, etc. Ruin single play, force to coop with specific chars with specific sets for each specific challenge.

There is no balance intention in that, please don't lie. You're far not the first. The only reason for such toxic changes is the forcing players to spend more and more time in the game and receive less and less satisfaction from the play, always stay unsatisfied. I see that you're in the beggining of that path, but you're going exact this way.

The only thing that is left - is to monetize in a proper way this constant dissatisfaction.

The idea is clear - the game considered too easy and comfotable for players and this affects in a bad way ZoS financial plans. That would be fixed.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Hello again,

    After watching this interesting show for some time I've finally get the idea.

    So you want to remove the comfortable-evening play from the game for at least big number of players. Make their participation in PVP areas and BGs valuable only in a few specific sets. Make Veteran Dungeons a lot more harder to win, once again in a very few specific sets. Make every boss with K.O. shots a deadend. Make Solo Dungeons unbearable in any possible way, etc. Ruin single play, force to coop with specific chars with specific sets for each specific challenge.

    There is no balance intention in that, please don't lie. You're far not the first. The only reason for such toxic changes is the forcing players to spend more and more time in the game and receive less and less satisfaction from the play, always stay unsatisfied. I see that you're in the beggining of that path, but you're going exact this way.

    The only thing that is left - is to monetize in a proper way this constant dissatisfaction.

    The idea is clear - the game considered too easy and comfotable for players and this affects in a bad way ZoS financial plans. That would be fixed.

    Some of this might have a hint of truth most of it does not. However, the way you are putting this I wonder why you are still here? You obviously seem to really dislike the game so whats the point really?

    I got the opposite impression by him posting here, but it does seem like he is ready to just drop it.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.

    PVP is almost always better with a group for new players, and the more organized the better. It takes skill and experience to play successfully in very small groups or solo in Cyrodiil.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.

    PVP is almost always better with a group for new players, and the more organized the better. It takes skill and experience to play successfully in very small groups or solo in Cyrodiil.


    Yes but still lot of things changed. When I started pvping here years ago group of 10 to 20 low skilled players were the wet dream of Xv1ers since it was not rare for a god tier pvper to wipe a full group. Now the game is very forgiving,and the few god tier that are still playing are mostly small scaling since it’s become easier and easier to survive (and kill ) when outnumbering

  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, PVE nerfs happen when PVEers find the game too easy.

    And yes, by the devs' standards, PVEers are finding vet end-game content too easy. We've seen the high DPS bragging, the complaints about healers being useless compared to a 3rd damage dealer, and that damage shields make things simple. As for overland, well, that's been easy since One Tamriel.

    This isnt even the first time this happened. The Great Sustain Nerfs of Morrowind were another situation where PVE end game content was becoming too easy for players, so ZOS nerfed sustain.

    Are the nerfs a good thing? The nerfs are a good thing for the Developers. Now, they dont have to design super hard new content for top tier end game players that nobody else can touch.

    Think about vAS and vCR. Now consider what ZOS would have to do to design harder content for higher DPS. There's a reason the devs nerf players.

    Now, mind you, the devs also nerf the meta on a regular basis to encourage players who care about chasing the meta to grind. That's constantly happening since One Tamriel and is a different type of nerf than this across the board nerf to survivability to reset the difficulty of end-game content.

    That's what I'm talking about. Yep.
    But that means two things for me: that's very sad, because TESO is the best I ever seen since Ultima Online but I'm not going to swallow that kind of tricks.

    As I already wrote in other thread we have only one way to influence development of games nowadays - money. Bad financial reports is the best way to refresh devs minds.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Hello again,

    After watching this interesting show for some time I've finally get the idea.

    So you want to remove the comfortable-evening play from the game for at least big number of players. Make their participation in PVP areas and BGs valuable only in a few specific sets. Make Veteran Dungeons a lot more harder to win, once again in a very few specific sets. Make every boss with K.O. shots a deadend. Make Solo Dungeons unbearable in any possible way, etc. Ruin single play, force to coop with specific chars with specific sets for each specific challenge.

    There is no balance intention in that, please don't lie. You're far not the first. The only reason for such toxic changes is the forcing players to spend more and more time in the game and receive less and less satisfaction from the play, always stay unsatisfied. I see that you're in the beggining of that path, but you're going exact this way.

    The only thing that is left - is to monetize in a proper way this constant dissatisfaction.

    The idea is clear - the game considered too easy and comfotable for players and this affects in a bad way ZoS financial plans. That would be fixed.

    Some of this might have a hint of truth most of it does not. However, the way you are putting this I wonder why you are still here? You obviously seem to really dislike the game so whats the point really?

    I got the opposite impression by him posting here, but it does seem like he is ready to just drop it.

    Exactly. I think we all - the community have to stand against such toxic nerfs now and forever. We have the right to do it, because it's our game too. We play and we PAY.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.

    There is always more righteous way to fix this out: bring new harder content. Or.. make npcs harder instead of nerfing players chars.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.

    PVP is almost always better with a group for new players, and the more organized the better. It takes skill and experience to play successfully in very small groups or solo in Cyrodiil.

    Don't forget about ppl that are just weekend warriors. They're far from that hard stuff. They just want to enjoy. So this things have to be separated. PVE for all, PVP for hardcore players. Like it should be.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.

    PVP is almost always better with a group for new players, and the more organized the better. It takes skill and experience to play successfully in very small groups or solo in Cyrodiil.


    Yes but still lot of things changed. When I started pvping here years ago group of 10 to 20 low skilled players were the wet dream of Xv1ers since it was not rare for a god tier pvper to wipe a full group. Now the game is very forgiving,and the few god tier that are still playing are mostly small scaling since it’s become easier and easier to survive (and kill ) when outnumbering

    Yes, but that's not the reason for such toxic nerf at all. There are other ways to make thing better. Everybody knows it.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again,

    After watching this interesting show for some time I've finally get the idea...

    I have to reluctantly agree with much of this. One sees the many "Git Gud" and "It's too easy,;I cleared VMA naked in 28 seconds" posts. A quick and dirty Google search suggests very few have actually completed VMA; posts from a year ago put it under 1/2% on consoles. I'm trying for a second clear (on my main account) knowing I won't even attempt it again once shield nerfs go through.

    I play the game for fun, not to "git gud" at something that doesn't matter or be forced into a high-commitment group activity that will take 2 hours. Someone will say, "MMO." Watching guild chat and player locations suggests that most players fit this mold and most are going through content solo or in PUGs. PvP has to be balanced around top-tier players. The majority of PvE does not. In the end, I vote my wallet. I have yet to purchase a single dungeon DLC and won't unless they release content that is soloable or fun to do casually with PUGS. Maybe the top 5% of players are spending 95% of the money. If not, it's difficult to understand why ZOS is choosing this path.

    Totally agree. And we have to keep in mind, that ppl that satisfied with the game doesn't post comments on the forum. Only the ones that doesn't have what they want. Especially the haters of any kind. Especially the ones that play for another type of char at the moment. But that doesn't mean they are many. At all.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Another point that is out of focus. If you really want to make the game harder - why don't make it inconstant, variable?
    Let's say you want to bring more challenge to the PVE. So make dungeon bosses with many different mechanics and rotate them each time, so nobody could be ready for 100%. Add more challenges, make game interesing-harder. That would be accepted by everyone.
    As for PVP - there is only one right way to make it interesting - fair play. Ban cheaters. Remove exploit users. Don't mix goups of players, that plays with voice comms with random players. Or at least make groups visible. Etc.

    There are a lot of things that could be done to make game interesting-harder, even before bringing new content. But not toxic nerfs that can be considered only like bad trick and humiliation.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again,

    After watching this interesting show for some time I've finally get the idea...

    I have to reluctantly agree with much of this. One sees the many "Git Gud" and "It's too easy,;I cleared VMA naked in 28 seconds" posts. A quick and dirty Google search suggests very few have actually completed VMA; posts from a year ago put it under 1/2% on consoles. I'm trying for a second clear (on my main account) knowing I won't even attempt it again once shield nerfs go through.

    I play the game for fun, not to "git gud" at something that doesn't matter or be forced into a high-commitment group activity that will take 2 hours. Someone will say, "MMO." Watching guild chat and player locations suggests that most players fit this mold and most are going through content solo or in PUGs. PvP has to be balanced around top-tier players. The majority of PvE does not. In the end, I vote my wallet. I have yet to purchase a single dungeon DLC and won't unless they release content that is soloable or fun to do casually with PUGS. Maybe the top 5% of players are spending 95% of the money. If not, it's difficult to understand why ZOS is choosing this path.

    Whatever "percentage of players" have the vMA achievement on console is meaningless. That is a percentage of everyone who has ever installed and started the game. The percentage for vMA completes on PS4 is about 3.5% ... but consider that, using the same source (psnprofiles.com), only 17.66% of players have reached Level 50. Now the math doesn't work precisely because not everyone who ever installed the base game also owns Orsinium (and the percentages are percentages of people who actually own the content) ... but that means, roughly, that of players who have reached level 50 and also own Orsinium, up to 20% have completed vMA. Which is a far cry from the "1/2%" you're citing here.

    And the DLC dungeons are all fun to do casually with PUGs ... on normal difficulty.

    I'd also say that what you see in guild chat or guild roster player locations is just a reflection of the guilds you're in, and that's true for everyone. If I were making judgments about what kind of content people are playing based on the guilds I'm in, I'd say that it seems like most everyone is in a Trial or Maelstrom or DSA or a DLC dungeon 90% of the time.

    And most people who focus on "competitive" PvP or end-game PvE are playing for fun, too. They just have fun doing different things than you do.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Whatever "percentage of players" have the vMA achievement on console is meaningless...
    Perhaps. If you torture the data enough, it will confess to anything.
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    I'd also say that what you see in guild chat or guild roster player locations is just a reflection of the guilds you're in...
    Agreed, but even in the PvP guilds I've been in from time to time, most players were doing their own thing or PUGing. I'd further suggest that there are a lot more people in active trade guilds (which make up most of my context) than there are focused trials guilds.
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    ...most people who focus on "competitive" PvP or end-game PvE are playing for fun, too. They just have fun doing different things than you do.
    One would certainly hope so!

    It may be that you are right. Perhaps a substantial percentage of players are finding Vet trials a breeze. Maybe most want more one shots, more difficult mechanics, and more situations that can only be conquered by a closely coordinated group. Maybe they vote with their wallet, too. The fact that dungeon DLC and balance changes seem to keep moving in that direction would support that point of view.

    For my money, though, more difficult does not always equal more enjoyable. I dissent.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my money, though, more difficult does not always equal more enjoyable. I dissent.

    Same here.
    I would quit this game in a heartbeat if somebody brought back the old MMO City of Heroes because that was actually FUN because nobody found it "hard" in groups. You had the option to solo things to make it tough or group to make it a blast.

    "Hard" is the opposite of "fun". The people who find "hard"/"challenging" fun only find the end result of winning that comes after the challenge "fun".
    Some of them are the same people who throw controllers in a frustrated rage freak-out that forces them to buy another controller and maybe even "spike the controller" when they win and "love the sense of accomplishment" of somehow not winding up self-lobotomized by beating their brains against that brick wall.(though that could explain some things)
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    For my money, though, more difficult does not always equal more enjoyable. I dissent.

    Same here.
    I would quit this game in a heartbeat if somebody brought back the old MMO City of Heroes because that was actually FUN because nobody found it "hard" in groups. You had the option to solo things to make it tough or group to make it a blast.

    "Hard" is the opposite of "fun". The people who find "hard"/"challenging" fun only find the end result of winning that comes after the challenge "fun".
    Some of them are the same people who throw controllers in a frustrated rage freak-out that forces them to buy another controller and maybe even "spike the controller" when they win and "love the sense of accomplishment" of somehow not winding up self-lobotomized by beating their brains against that brick wall.(though that could explain some things)

    You're right. 'Hard' is really the opposite of fun because it's just hard and you will fail if you loose interest and your concentration fades.

    It was fun to reload the game 100 times in XCOM 2 because you did something on the hardest difficulty with your weak crew that seems absolutely impossible to do.
    It was fun because i need luck and because I had to find the one way out of 100 others, which mades me win the fight.

    TES games are only fun on max difficulty.
    Fallout also
    Dark Souls is fun without changing anything
    PTS-EU
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    HuawaSepp wrote: »
    For my money, though, more difficult does not always equal more enjoyable. I dissent.

    Same here.
    I would quit this game in a heartbeat if somebody brought back the old MMO City of Heroes because that was actually FUN because nobody found it "hard" in groups. You had the option to solo things to make it tough or group to make it a blast.

    "Hard" is the opposite of "fun". The people who find "hard"/"challenging" fun only find the end result of winning that comes after the challenge "fun".
    Some of them are the same people who throw controllers in a frustrated rage freak-out that forces them to buy another controller and maybe even "spike the controller" when they win and "love the sense of accomplishment" of somehow not winding up self-lobotomized by beating their brains against that brick wall.(though that could explain some things)

    You're right. 'Hard' is really the opposite of fun because it's just hard and you will fail if you loose interest and your concentration fades.

    It was fun to reload the game 100 times in XCOM 2 because you did something on the hardest difficulty with your weak crew that seems absolutely impossible to do.
    It was fun because i need luck and because I had to find the one way out of 100 others, which mades me win the fight.

    TES games are only fun on max difficulty.
    Fallout also
    Dark Souls is fun without changing anything

    Let me ask you guys what do you expect from the game? You brought to light Fallut and DS.
    You're talking about fun and difficulty. But don't you suppose that all is mixed up?

    Dark Souls is a great game, challenging game, I like it very much. But when you buy DS - you know what to expect. When you buy ESO you don't think about that kind of hardcore. When you buy ESO you think about beautiful design, rich and immersive world with tons of lore and quests to explore. About day-to-day evening in-game life, with challenges, craft, loot, rpg etc. But you don't think about hardcore PVE that will consume hours and hours to get... what to get? All the same random poor loot like now, btw? You don't think neither about hardcore PVP fights of cybersport level.
    All these hardcore things are only an additional entertainment level for the players, that "seen all in this game already". But not for everyone. If I want to play hardcore - I'll go and play DS, or any other hardcore-origin game. But not ESO. ESO is a different kind of stuff. And how many hardcore ppl are there in ESO? 5%, 10%, 15%? Doubt more. And that's not by suprpise.

    I totally agree only with one statement: dungeons speed-runs are bad. That's not interesting. But please separate these terms. Interesting not equals hardcore.

    Developers have A LOT of tools in their hands to bring more interest in the game. Make different levels of difficulty, make mechanics variable, make dungeons more depending on the speciality of group members, of their particular skills (not just the boring tank+heal+2dd). Bring additional logic quests to the challenge, maybe change them periodically. And of course - bring a lot more loot for the players for achieving more complicated challenges (and not this poor same stuff every time).

    There are A LOT of other things that could make the game interesting for different groups of ppl.

    But know the discussion is about the nerf. For me that means only one thing - it's much more easier and cost effective for devs. We pay them money so that they will make with least efforts our in-game life harder, and far not more interesting btw. It's very easy to change few numbers in formulae and say: "That's our work on how to enrich the game within next patch! Enjoy!"

    That's lie, guys. Don't let yourself get into it.
    Edited by Malem_Benign on September 29, 2018 10:05AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE IS too easy. 99% of it at least.

    And the 1% will get done by those that have the energy regardless. They will fine a way.

    Making he majority of content harder is good in my opinion. If a few world bosses were like a vet trial boss etc it would love up open world.

    Make dolmens harder to stop the grinders and make.it a group event that's interesting.

    Get the 1% guys out of Vet HM trials and wandering overland would be cool.

    Things like the ward changes totally change PvP dynamic, but honnestly i see very little change in PvE. And personally i think you are wrong, a year back 40k DPS was pretty decent. Now most Blades i know nail 55K+ easily and the content is the same.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

    Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

    Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.

    "I'm a god. This is all so simple and anybody who says otherwise is a filthy casual scrub. Nobody who even has half a brain could possibly be worse than me at the game so everybody finds it as easy as I do."

    Seriously, you don't even remember what it was like to be new in the game, let alone the fact that it isn't easy. Also, I doubt you would be caught dead in hard mode content most of the time because you spend most of your time avoiding it and running "normal" claiming "this is too easy" like Billy Madison on the playground with his classmates.

    People have no shame in their "fish stories" and "white lies" and "tall tales" about their own superiority.
    We've all been noobs and all know the content is only "easier than it was" because we've memorized it down to unconscious muscle memory from being forced to repetitively grind the same things over and over and over and over and over, while it never was and never will be "truly easy".

    It’s funny that you think I was assuming that I’m a god. I’m not,I’m good at the game cause I spent 3 years playing but I’m nowhere near “god”. Still I find the game easy. Once you put some effort in the game you’ll realise that the basic mechanics are quite easy. I have a guildie who always complain about things being hard. Well,on average it takes 4 seconds for him to break free. Should the devs have to balance the game so he can enjoy every content while refusing to learning to play?
    Vma Arena used to be challenging
    Same with almost every end game content.
    You had to get good to not be destroyed in pvp (and I was destroyed so many times)

    Seriously,I don’t get why games should be balanced for carebears.

    Oh and since you spoke about me avoiding hard content, i’ve closed every trial except cloudrest while not being a pve player,just filling my guild core group. Also got the achievement run of every new dungeon with my pvp group. It took one day per dlc at maximum and we were wearing pvp gear.


    Small edit: the game wasn’t harder? People now clear vma with 50k dps and 100000 cp, we had to clear vma spamming uppercut.

    Edited by Ocelot9x on September 29, 2018 12:15PM
  • Drygon
    Drygon
    ✭✭✭
    I for one find the game quite difficult for a MMO. Yeah, i would love dark souls dificulty but that would scare many player away. What the game needs is a flat health increase to all the overland mobs and especially named characters from quests they need higher health. It feels funny when you go in an adventure to destroy "insert name here" evil-doer and he dies in 1 second max 2. Not to say how Molag'Bal was a total pushover, I would have rather they added Vet Molag Kena copy pasted from the dungeon.

    IDK, what i wanna say is that mobs and Quest bosses are lacking, how can you enjoy the story and take it seriosly when the antagonist that is suposed to be so strong dies faster than some random centurion in a cave.

    Giving more health to bosses would also allow enrage mechanics to actually take efect.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    PvE IS too easy. 99% of it at least.

    And the 1% will get done by those that have the energy regardless. They will fine a way.

    Making he majority of content harder is good in my opinion. If a few world bosses were like a vet trial boss etc it would love up open world.

    Make dolmens harder to stop the grinders and make.it a group event that's interesting.

    Get the 1% guys out of Vet HM trials and wandering overland would be cool.

    Then they would be the only players because the entire game would be designed for only 1% of the current population.
    The reason they are "the 1%" is they are the only people that are willing to do that type of content because that content is not barring anybody from trying it. They're the only ones that actually want that, and they're such a small part of the player population that the game could not survive on just them.
    It definitely wouldn't be even half as full a game if it were designed for them because there wouldn't be enough money to justify the cost of making more content, which means less content to keep the 1% people going and the game dies even faster.

    You really want to kill the game?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    The game is really easy tbh. Speaking about pve you can face roll basically every dungeon even naked, trials are ez too if you got the dedication to spend few hours progressing with your group. And after the few weeks of pvp you can build a tanky char,find a group of 15 ppl and do fine without l2p.

    "I'm a god. This is all so simple and anybody who says otherwise is a filthy casual scrub. Nobody who even has half a brain could possibly be worse than me at the game so everybody finds it as easy as I do."

    Seriously, you don't even remember what it was like to be new in the game, let alone the fact that it isn't easy. Also, I doubt you would be caught dead in hard mode content most of the time because you spend most of your time avoiding it and running "normal" claiming "this is too easy" like Billy Madison on the playground with his classmates.

    People have no shame in their "fish stories" and "white lies" and "tall tales" about their own superiority.
    We've all been noobs and all know the content is only "easier than it was" because we've memorized it down to unconscious muscle memory from being forced to repetitively grind the same things over and over and over and over and over, while it never was and never will be "truly easy".

    It’s funny that you think I was assuming that I’m a god. I’m not,I’m good at the game cause I spent 3 years playing but I’m nowhere near “god”.

    I was using hyperbole to exacerbate your position to make a point that if the game really was "too easy" then everybody would think so and say so but there is enough opposition in just the small sample size of the forums to prove that it isn't "too easy".

    The fact that you felt the need to defend yourself against obvious hyperbole and exaggeration seems to indicate that my impression was much closer to the truth than I expected. It seems you do have a highly inflated opinion of yourself based on your belief in your own ability to "win at easy mode".
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Still I find the game easy. Once you put some effort in the game you’ll realise that the basic mechanics are quite easy.

    "Once you put some effort in the game"....
    But you said the game was "too easy". "Easy" does not require "effort" so how can it be "too easy" if it isn't even "easy"?

    eas·y
    ˈēzē/Submit
    adjective
    1.
    achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties.
    "an easy way of retrieving information"
    synonyms: uncomplicated, undemanding, unchallenging, effortless, painless, trouble-free, facile, simple, straightforward, elementary

    The very definition of "easy" is against your very own statement.
    You didn't start out in the game able to "face-roll to victory". You started as a noob that had to learn and become better by putting in time and effort to get to how you are today.



    To put it another way, we all speak our native language so easy but are all children born fluent in language or overnight just start speaking in Shakespearean prose as soon as they are able to make sounds intentionally with their mouths?
    Obviously not. The things we consider most easy are just things we "take for granted" because we learned them long enough ago that we forgot what it was like when we first started.

    I make it a point to remind myself what it was like, to never forget. I do so because I don't want to become a "highfalutin, holier-than-thou" jerkwad to people I need to interact with and potentially rely on and, more importantly, want to help become better than they are because they obviously suck compared to my current ability.


    If this game was too easy then bots would be clearing hard modes because the mechanics between hard modes and open world are not different enough to prevent that. Actually, bots would do it better than any human because it is all stupidly predictable in PVE and bots wouldn't need to separately learn the patterns or apply the flawed ways we humans try to repeat actions the same over and over and can't replicate perfectly. Bots can share info to make new bots immediate experts and flawlessly repeat the same winning moves every time.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Seriously,I don’t get why games should be balanced for carebears.

    Because carebears are "additional customers" that pay money rather than the financial suicide of choosing to "exclude potential paying customers", especially for ones supposedly "better and smarter and wiser" who "wouldn't be dumb enough to overspend" which companies want people to overspend as long as the profits keep rolling in.

    You now know the adversarial relationship of "challenging games" versus "successful profitable software sales". They don't agree.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drygon wrote: »
    I for one find the game quite difficult for a MMO. Yeah, i would love dark souls dificulty but that would scare many player away. What the game needs is a flat health increase to all the overland mobs and especially named characters from quests they need higher health. It feels funny when you go in an adventure to destroy "insert name here" evil-doer and he dies in 1 second max 2. Not to say how Molag'Bal was a total pushover, I would have rather they added Vet Molag Kena copy pasted from the dungeon.

    Lies. You do not find it "difficult" while you defeat quest bosses in "1 second, max 2".
    I don't even do that with my 10k max dps and experience that has made the overland "simple for me".

    That's what you also fail to add to your points. Every last one of you says "the game is too easy" while forgetting the 2 words that are key to your statement, "for me". It is "easy for you", not "everyone".


    FYI, Molag Bal was "designed to be easy" because it was essentially "here is your reward for persevering/subscribing for long enough to get here".
    If you don't recognize that most obvious "wish fulfillment reward" then it is no wonder you don't remember or recognize that the game is not designed to be "hard" and at the same time is designed to be "not easy" so that "everyone can pay to participate" regardless of skill level.

    Designing to be difficult is super risky. Dark Souls was a gamble, which is seen as "genius" in hindsight only because it was successful which was only because of timing and luck and the fact that advertising works to reach the most amount of people so they could find every interested person even though they are only 1 in 1000 gamers(if that).
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 30, 2018 2:47AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a lot of easy, casual content in the game. ESO has many quests (which grow in number each DLC), numerous easy dungeons and delves, more dailies than you can shake a stick at, crafting, harvesting, trading, housing, mounts, pets, fashion & outfits, social guilds and RP. They even just finished up a game-wide event that gave away free stuff that had Summerset zone chat hopping with people helping othere get an achievement.

    Lots of people never set foot in DLC vet dungeons or trials, but those are a fraction of the overall content available. You still have to have to have a spectrum of content difficulty to keep players engaged and subscribing that want more than a mellow hour of killing monsters after work.
    PC NA
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Breton Magicka Templar, Dunmer Magicka DK, Bosmer Stamina NB, Nord Stamina Warden, Redguard Stamina Necro
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka NB, Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Orc Stamina Warden
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer
  • Drygon
    Drygon
    ✭✭✭
    Drygon wrote: »
    I for one find the game quite difficult for a MMO. Yeah, i would love dark souls dificulty but that would scare many player away. What the game needs is a flat health increase to all the overland mobs and especially named characters from quests they need higher health. It feels funny when you go in an adventure to destroy "insert name here" evil-doer and he dies in 1 second max 2. Not to say how Molag'Bal was a total pushover, I would have rather they added Vet Molag Kena copy pasted from the dungeon.

    Lies. You do not find it "difficult" while you defeat quest bosses in "1 second, max 2".
    I don't even do that with my 10k max dps and experience that has made the overland "simple for me".

    That's what you also fail to add to your points. Every last one of you says "the game is too easy" while forgetting the 2 words that are key to your statement, "for me". It is "easy for you", not "everyone".


    FYI, Molag Bal was "designed to be easy" because it was essentially "here is your reward for persevering/subscribing for long enough to get here".
    If you don't recognize that most obvious "wish fulfillment reward" then it is no wonder you don't remember or recognize that the game is not designed to be "hard" and at the same time is designed to be "not easy" so that "everyone can pay to participate" regardless of skill level.

    Designing to be difficult is super risky. Dark Souls was a gamble, which is seen as "genius" in hindsight only because it was successful which was only because of timing and luck and the fact that advertising works to reach the most amount of people so they could find every interested person even though they are only 1 in 1000 gamers(if that).

    I sayed that the game is hard for a MMO because it has a bit more complex combat mechanics than most and i realise that there are still players who strugle in the beginning, but only whose who have never played a RPG before, and even for them it can get easy in time.

    I do 25k burst dmg as i mainly play pvp and that is not optimal, I think other players can get more but i am not a min-maxer, i like to use skills that are pretty and that fit my roleplay.

    Molag bal was a reward? The quest made me think he is some kind of badass and i expected to die a few times before i learned the mechanics and adapt to the boss, but no, he not only did not do dmg but his abilities or so lame for how strong the story made him to seem. That fight was a hype killer as i hoped that at least the final boss would pack a punch.

    I do not get it why the Simulacrum of Molag Bal is so much stronger when even it can be soloed, take him out of the pvp context(as players are the main problem there) and give players the option to use the buff from The amulet of Kings or not, and he would have packed a punch.

    Amulet of kings for those who want easy mode and no amulet for those who want a challange.

    Then again, i am past it now, but the overwold mobs still need at least a health increase.
    Edited by Drygon on September 30, 2018 5:17PM
Sign In or Register to comment.