The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Is Class Rep meeting today?

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    What game are they even playing?

That's the problem. They aren't play testing these changes

I think it goes beyond that. What were they doing in the first place that made them come up with this stuff?

Deadly Cloak is a requirement for end game PvE? Wtf? Outside of a very few niche spots I have not slotted Deadly Cloak in PvE since last year. This is seriously a Morrowind-era observation, a year or more out of date.

Maybe next patch they'll nerf Twice-Born Star because it's a requirement in end game PvE.
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    @Tasear thank for your help and attention! Hope they will manage how to implement shield changes without cast time.

They discussed getting rid of the cast time for sorcs only, which tells me they have absolutely no idea what they're doing (thinking rhat sorc is the only class that uses shields...).

It was already kinda obvious when Wrobel decided that shields are the reason why healers arent welcome in some dungeon groups.

I revisited that 8/16 Class Reps meeting notes thread recently. Oy vey.
    ZOS’s high-level goals and things actively being worked on for update 20

Harness Magicka and Conjured Ward skills are overshadowing and diminishing the role of healers

Duel Wield is an end-game PvE requirement because of the Blade Cloak skill

I try to be optimistic and give people the benefit of the doubt, but man, it's hard to do that reading those two quotes. The shield point at least is arguable (although personally I think they're way off base), the Blade Cloak point is so hopelessly misguided that it makes my head hurt. What game are they even playing?

Explains shield nerfs and evasion changes tbh

I guess. But not in a good way. It "explains" their "reasoning" but they were wrong from the start.
    Edited by LiquidPony on September 26, 2018 4:33PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We did have a meeting with the Class Reps yesterday afternoon, and we'll be posting the notes on the forums a little later today.

nep rotes?

developer comments on nep rotes?
    Edited by ezio45 on September 26, 2018 5:17PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    On a side, Class reps have expressed the meeting feels like it went better this time. We talked about why some changes actually occurred. I want to say they do see your outcry but with us I hope they can hear it better

I know to some of you it might seem like we haven't had any impact, but at last we have for the better or worst. We had influences on dark exchange buff, we spoke how you guys didn't find cast time rewarding now that it split up and it felt like a netch knock off. They are considering things for Sorc shields. We are hoping they respect players deep feeling in this matter, but at last won't know how things played out to next week. I am hopeful for the future ( though overload 3 bar :'( ) . Sorry ... should keep focused. We did our best and hope for the best.
    Did they tell you whether they had actually tested the shields cast time by completing all of the vet trials on HM with magicka DPS?

Pretty sure there has never been a dev only clear of any vet trial since and including vMoL, let alone on HM. My guess is they might have cleared at least one of the craglorn trials in vet, but not HM, as those were pretty easy to clear by even casual players for a long time.

They really do not play their game beyond a casual manner with the exception of Gilliam but I heard via the forums this week he is no longer raiding on the NA server since he was hired.

Good to hear there was positive conversation in the class rep meeting.

I know for sure that at least some of them do run trials and DLC dungeons on the live servers, but I don't know how many do them on vet, or whether they do HM on any of them, or whether they do that when testing balance changes.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I know for sure that at least some of them do run trials and DLC dungeons on the live servers, but I don't know how many do them on vet, or whether they do HM on any of them, or whether they do that when testing balance changes.

That's the point though. I'm not so concerned about the cast time for running regular dungeons and trials. It's the end-game PVE and PVP that's really impacted by this change, and it seems like they're using non-DLC normal dungeon PVE as their baseline on whether this change is viable.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sygil05 wrote: »

That's the point though. I'm not so concerned about the cast time for running regular dungeons and trials. It's the end-game PVE and PVP that's really impacted by this change, and it seems like they're using non-DLC normal dungeon PVE as their baseline on whether this change is viable.

The whole point of the class rep system was to bring in the voices of endgame players who actually complete endgame content. And then ZOS responds by ignoring their feedback.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭

The whole point of the class rep system was to bring in the voices of endgame players who actually complete endgame content. And then ZOS responds by ignoring their feedback.

If ZOS was forced to go with whatever the majority of class reps agreed on then they wouldn't be voices/reps, they'd be judges.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »

If ZOS was forced to go with whatever the majority of class reps agreed on then they wouldn't be voices/reps, they'd be judges.

In an ideal world, ZOS would be on the same page as the class reps because they would play test their changes. Unfortunately, they aren't on the same page because ZOS doesn't play their own game.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 26, 2018 7:13PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the same concern I have, and why I initially asked the question. Again, I know that some of them do trials, and at least some of that is on vet. But I have no idea if they're doing HM, or if they're testing the balance changes in vet HM trials and similar content. My guess is probably no on the question of whether they're doing that to test these balance changes, but I can't say for sure.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did have a meeting with the Class Reps yesterday afternoon, and we'll be posting the notes on the forums a little later today.

Any ETA? I need to go to bed soon but i'm curious about what was discussed so I might not sleep well lol.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont expect much.
    Class reps have feedback and pain points for zos, and zos..........yeah, they mostly dont care ^^
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't expect anything you can't be disappointed. Nonetheless I want to at least see what the current mindset is on everything so far.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the outcome i want to say thank you to all the class reps for doing the best they can.
    I cant speak for others but I truelly appreciate it <3
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been 6 hours. How are the Class Rep Meeting Notes coming along?
    Any ETA, yet?
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on September 26, 2018 8:01PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @ClassReps for your support! We do appreciate your advocacy on all matters! Looking forward to the notes!
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭

7 hours later... *crickets*
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »

Maybe they does not dare to post the repnotes...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The notes may need to wait until tomorrow. Sorry, everyone. Keep your chin up, though; we're planning to add a few additional things for everyone to chew on. We'll post them tonight if we can, otherwise expect to see them by tomorrow.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The notes may need to wait until tomorrow. Sorry, everyone. Keep your chin up, though; we're planning to add a few additional things for everyone to chew on. We'll post them tonight if we can, otherwise expect to see them by tomorrow.

:# I feel my hopes are too high

"We'll do something different than add a cast time to shields" is what I'm hoping for.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Draxinusom_
    Draxinusom_
    ✭✭
    No Nep Rotes today. Go do Summerfall event instead :D
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    womp womp
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    e're planning to add a few additional things for everyone to chew on

i´m afraid
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

i´m afraid

It might be a pizza. Who knows lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »

This is what I'm worried about.
    Keep your chin up, though; we're planning to add a few additional things for everyone to chew on.

Now I'm really worried.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

"We'll do something different than add a cast time to shields" is what I'm hoping for.
    Cast times added to all cast times. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    actosh wrote: »

i´m afraid

It might be a pizza. Who knows lol.

I hope it's beef jerky personally.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

"Before casting a skill, you must now pre cast your cast for 3 seconds. If you are inturrupted during your pre cast, you must then cast to roll a d20. If you roll anything less than a natural 20, you must then add +2 to your cast time..." Good luck
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Wro-ception
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x
    Edited by dimensional on September 26, 2018 9:57PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »

This is what I'm worried about.
    Keep your chin up, though; we're planning to add a few additional things for everyone to chew on.

Now I'm really worried.
    I don't think Gina would have phrased it that way if the "few additional things" were things that they thought we would be upset about. Maybe not things that will make people jump for joy, but probably nothing they'd expect us to be too disappointed about. I hope.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)