The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Class Rep meeting today?

DeathStalker
DeathStalker
✭✭✭✭✭
Is the Class Rep meeting today? When should we expect to hear how it went in regards to the current PTS discussions?
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was today. I was watching Alcast play Dark Souls earlier and he said he had to go because they had the class rep meeting.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    was today
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure ZOS will listen closely to the advice of the class reps.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure ZOS will listen closely to the advice of the class reps.

Insider info says no.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then completely and utterly disregard the majority of it :trollface:
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm. As Necromancer class rep, I wasn't invited to any meeting because my class doesn't exist.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the class reps talked some sense into them.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wish we could get some kind of comment from a class rep or ESO on this meeting and what if any changes are coming?
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a lot of time was spent debating over which toppings to put on the pizza.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a lot of time was spent debating over which toppings to put on the pizza.

Easy... Crowns

I jest. Thanks for working hard for a dang video game reps appreciate it.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • ArrowPoint
    ArrowPoint
    ✭✭

There is only one pizza topping that comes to my mind about the PTS - and the upcoming live patch: RIPperoni pepperoni!
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArrowPoint wrote: »

There is only one pizza topping that comes to my mind about the PTS - and the upcoming live patch: RIPperoni pepperoni!

Wrobel was trying to put a cast time on pepperoni
    Edited by Malamar1229 on September 26, 2018 12:17AM
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, based on what I've been hearing in various discords that is as far from the case as one can possibly get.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

Unfortunately, based on what I've been hearing in various discords that is as far from the case as one can possibly get.

Get ready to leave then.

If that's the breaks, that's the breaks, if ZOS isn't willing to lisen to you it's time to find something else to spend money on.

If they cant figure out that this isn't what the community wants, and their going to over-ride the community like allways, this is their game, not ours. Let them enjoy it...for as long as it lasts with such little revenue streams.

Personally? I was allways ready to leave if my current build became unworkable. They wont learn until we teach them. And it's looking like lack of money and support might not be enough, not until the gamble-crates are taken out of action by legislation.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 26, 2018 12:45AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they are convinced they are correct in the shield change and that they have fixed all the sustain issues now.

RIP mag sorc.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. As Necromancer class rep, I wasn't invited to any meeting because my class doesn't exist.

Wait on Your turn. When they'll kill sorc they'll add necromancer so sorc will be atleast usefull as revived minion.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Yeah, they are convinced they are correct in the shield change and that they have fixed all the sustain issues now.

RIP mag sorc.

Source?

I'm still waiting for the rep notes if any appear.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 26, 2018 1:16AM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the Class Rep meeting today? When should we expect to hear how it went in regards to the current PTS discussions?

For what purpose? Those Rep guys work for free and they'll be treated as such.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

For what purpose? Those Rep guys work for free and they'll be treated as such.

Because every time there has been a rep meeting with ESO there has been a summary of the meeting posted to the forums, and I'm curious when we can expect the notes to be posted like always.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get ready to leave then.

If that's the breaks, that's the breaks, if ZOS isn't willing to lisen to you it's time to find something else to spend money on.

If they cant figure out that this isn't what the community wants, and their going to over-ride the community like allways, this is their game, not ours. Let them enjoy it...for as long as it lasts with such little revenue streams.

Personally? I was allways ready to leave if my current build became unworkable. They wont learn until we teach them. And it's looking like lack of money and support might not be enough, not until the gamble-crates are taken out of action by legislation.

Lol, pretty much. I intend to stay long enough to make the most cancerous heavy armor magsorc build I possibly can, but then I think I'm done. This game is extremely close to being relegated to my 'RP only, not worth actually playing' pile. Unless ZOS makes some real big turnarounds before the PTS goes to live, it's gonna fall into that pile and stay there.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope they manage to make ZoS see reason. Sometimes it just feels like ZoS is constantly trying to 1 up themselves with horrible and unnecessary ideas, just to see how far they can push us. At the very least its become clear that they just change things for the sake of shaking things up, that way people will have to play more as they rebuild their chars every couple of months. Next patch they'll make medium armor damage yourself while worn, then everyone will switch back to magicka. -_-
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get ready to leave then.

Lol, pretty much. I intend to stay long enough to make the most cancerous heavy armor magsorc build I possibly can, but then I think I'm done. This game is extremely close to being relegated to my 'RP only, not worth actually playing' pile. Unless ZOS makes some real big turnarounds before the PTS goes to live, it's gonna fall into that pile and stay there.

I hear you on the RP only. I've mostly been playing other games and RPing in game. That's about all I care about anymore.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny you should mention that. We sometimes make jokes using this class between each other for good banter.idk what are we going to do if one day it exists or something.

P.S have no insider info on this :p
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side, Class reps have expressed the meeting feels like it went better this time. We talked about why some changes actually occurred. I want to say they do see your outcry but with us I hope they can hear it better

I know to some of you it might seem like we haven't had any impact, but at last we have for the better or worst. We had influences on dark exchange buff, we spoke how you guys didn't find cast time rewarding now that it split up and it felt like a netch knock off. They are considering things for Sorc shields. We are hoping they respect players deep feeling in this matter, but at last won't know how things played out to next week. I am hopeful for the future ( though overload 3 bar :'( ) . Sorry ... should keep focused. We did our best and hope for the best.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    On a side, Class reps have expressed the meeting feels like it went better this time. We talked about why some changes actually occurred. I want to say they do see your outcry but with us I hope they can hear it better

I know to some of you it might seem like we haven't had any impact, but at last we have for the better or worst. We had influences on dark exchange buff, we spoke how you guys didn't find cast time rewarding now that it split up and it felt like a netch knock off. They are considering things for Sorc shields. We are hoping they respect players deep feeling in this matter, but at last won't know how things played out to next week. I am hopeful for the future ( though overload 3 bar :'( ) . Sorry ... should keep focused. We did our best and hope for the best.
    Did they tell you whether they had actually tested the shields cast time by completing all of the vet trials on HM with magicka DPS?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    I am really hoping they truly listened to the Class Reps. But my instinct tells me that this was just something that had to get over with just to make it look like they are listening to the community.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Did they tell you whether they had actually tested the shields cast time by completing all of the vet trials on HM with magicka DPS?

The shield change don't quote me " devs told us it was to have proactive and reactive defensive with sheilds but we did express a lot of issues with some of the changes, not just logical one, but feels. I personally think they were seeing and hearing threads about Sorcs and what it means to people. They haven't decided but they are trying to find a good solution. My suggestion is keep talking about it. Make some noises.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The shield change don't quote me " devs told us it was to have proactive and reactive defensive with sheilds but we did express a lot of issues with some of the changes, not just logical one, but feels. I personally think they were seeing and hearing threads about Sorcs and what it means to people. They haven't decided but they are trying to find a good solution. My suggestion is keep talking about it. Make some noises.
    The thing that I really hope they get through their heads is that for endgame PVE (less so for PVP), the change to shields is a major problem for all magicka DPS (and healers, for that matter), not just sorcs. It hits sorcs the hardest, but unless they go and change a whole lot of the mechanics in vet trials a 1 second cast time on shields is going to mean a ton of dead magicka DPS and healers of all classes, and it's going to mean a ton of wipes, and it's going to mean that a ton of people who were just getting into doing trials (or just getting into doing vet trials after having only done non-vet, or just getting into doing vet HM after learning vet) are going to decide that they simply can't do that content. And that's bad for everyone.

Edit: worth mentioning that I'm largely not talking about the impact to PVP because I don't do much PVP, so I'm not that qualified to talk about it. Also, in trials I'm almost always on a DK tank, so I'm coming at it from the point of view of what the impact will be to my guild's trials teams, rather than from the point of view of a magsorc or other character who would be directly nerfed by this (even though I've got a number of characters who are directly nerfed by this, I don't typically do endgame content on them).
    Edited by UrQuan on September 26, 2018 5:01AM
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing that I really hope they get through their heads is that for endgame PVE (less so for PVP), the change to shields is a major problem for all magicka DPS (and healers, for that matter), not just sorcs. It hits sorcs the hardest, but unless they go and change a whole lot of the mechanics in vet trials a 1 second cast time on shields is going to mean a ton of dead magicka DPS and healers of all classes, and it's going to mean a ton of wipes, and it's going to mean that a ton of people who were just getting into doing trials (or just getting into doing vet trials after having only done non-vet, or just getting into doing vet HM after learning vet) are going to decide that they simply can't do that content. And that's bad for everyone.

Edit: worth mentioning that I'm largely not talking about the impact to PVP because I don't do much PVP, so I'm not that qualified to talk about it. Also, in trials I'm almost always on a DK tank, so I'm coming at it from the point of view of what the impact will be to my guild's trials teams, rather than from the point of view of a magsorc or other character who would be directly nerfed by this (even though I've got a number of characters who are directly nerfed by this, I don't typically do endgame content on them).

We spent a very significant portion on on expressing your guys concerns about the issue. I don't think we could of expressed it better. We tried and I hope everyone no matter what happens will be able to enjoy the game still.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We spent a very significant portion on on expressing your guys concerns about the issue. I don't think we could of expressed it better. We tried and I hope everyone no matter what happens will be able to enjoy the game still.
    Oh I don't doubt that you did. You've been very active at encouraging discussion and making note of the specific concerns people are raising, and I don't know how you could do more. I'm just hoping that the message is getting through to them that this isn't just people whining that they got nerfed - that it's people with real, legitimate concerns who are worried about the detrimental effect this will have on the game.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)