The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For people who uses Annulment or Ward...

DoonerSeraph
DoonerSeraph
✭✭✭✭
Assuming Murkmire patch goes live as it is (high chance), what will you play next patch?

For people who uses Annulment or Ward... 135 votes

Will continue to play my Magicka character with shields.
22%
agabahmeatshieldb14_ESOReloader84WuffyCeruleiTryxusIruil_ESOTurelusixieMixOntblodgitch2Strider__RoshinmeekeyceeDr.NRGParrot1986Toc de MalsviDarkestnghtDorrowEthyarionRehdauncrjs1 30 votes
I will unslot the shields and try to compensate elsewhere.
33%
jluchauDarcyMardindanno8BergisMacBrideMissBizzBalticBluesfelinith66ApheriusMelilottaHuawaSeppVeiledCriticismCrazyDevilDPShirofred4TendoshiiYamiKurukuNarvuntienLord_MagusCarcharodontosaurusChickenSucker 45 votes
I will shelve my Magicka character.
24%
arkansas_ESOAlendrinssewallb14_ESOwills43b14_ESODidgerionbottleofsyrupAkimbroimrednecksonRebornV3xThe_LexZRTJhalinQwazzyFischblutlassitershawnStrawberryKitsunegrannas211FrancisCrawfordJierdanitKyuremBlack 33 votes
I will will quit ESO.
20%
JsmallsAhPook_Is_HerepolgarahTonturritaco_suaveVahrokhIlluvatarrValrienRescue78ku5hbardx86TheHsNCritsTheBedDeep_01Kikkehelios777IZZEFlameLashNox_NoirRak_amValkner 27 votes
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will wait with the decision until i have the live patchnotes.
    Expections:
    - i wont change anything (70%)
    - i will swap out some skills (20%)
    - i will swap out some gear (10%)

Will need around 30 mins to adapt.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only character that actually used those shields does pve, so as long as i time it right, the shields should be fine. If it doesnt work out, then I'll finagle something, maybe use ward ally on my back bar.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will will quit ESO.
    Already stopped logging in. Wandering around to savour the fallout xD
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • KingKayanto
    KingKayanto
    ✭✭✭
    I will probably unslot my ESO+ subscription too and tell my buddies to do the same...
    Battlegrounds Masochist

Magsorc: Robot Wizard
    StamDK: Dragon Bruh
    StamNB: Mr Meow Meow Meow
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to shelf my magsorc. Currently leveling a magplar and also have a mag NB. Since they have other skills that provide more defensive options such as better self healing.

Honestly this shield issue wouldn't be as big of a deal if they tweaked some other sorc skills to give them better survivability options like some of the other magicka classes.
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'll make super glass canon build join the zerg and slaughter potatoes, if my zerg will start losing i'll just streak as far as i can
    SW GoH > ESO
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many polls have we had that were pretty much asking the same question?
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing mag sorc, destro/destro, using 2 shields and the pet to heal Oblivion damage. The burst HP I get using 2 shields is not enought to counter stam NBs or Stam wardens and that's on the live no-cp campaign.
    If you add cast time to both shields I use, then my already underperforming destro/destro build will be a total garbage.
    Basically ZOS forces most magica builds to use resto staff now... Don't recall such limitation on stamina builds.

Anyway, I will definitely switch to a stamina build after this new shields adjustments go live, most probably I'll roll a stam DK... The only reason I haven't done it yet is because the gear grind is painful.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm somewhere between "I will unslot the shields and try to compensate elsewhere." and "I will shelve my Magicka character." I have more than one magicka toon, and some of them can do alright without shields, while others can't.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll shelve most of my magicka characters when it comes to running with PUGs and difficult single player content like VMA and soloing normal 4 man dungeons. I won't run any damge dealing mag toons in PvP and have already started re-gearing my stam toons for every PvP role, except heavy armor healer, which will still be mag. For the rare times my schedule permits participating in well-organized group content, I'll likely run magblade or just abstain. For easy open world stuff like questing and guild world boss runs, pet sorc and WW should continue to be fun.

I have a warden I've leveled and never play because I dislike the delayed effects; I can't imagine enjoying shield builds with the cast time delay.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure. I only have a mag sorc and will not even think about starting another character. I will try different things on my mag sorc but if the fun is gone then so am I.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so close to getting Grand Overlord on my Sorc once that happens hopefully before update 20 I will be shelving my sorc for PVP atleast I refuse to be gank blade fodder with 1 second cast times on shields.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on class. I have multiple magicka characters. My sorcerers will be shelved. My dungeon-healer templar(s) will not. The magblade decision will depend on how I wind up feeling about the class' other nerfs.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My survivability will be just fine with healing ward in conjunction with the new resto staff. Granted it won't be as good as when I shield stacked, but that was OP anyways; hence why it was rightfully nerfed.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race changed to Argonian and slotted a bunch of hots
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Race changed to Argonian and slotted a bunch of hots

I was thinking about doing the same now now that healing is actually going to be a thing.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a set of Heavy Naga Shaman... works pretty good :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will play my stamden, magden, magplar probably.. but I already lost the desire to play I barely log in now.. Will play less and less and will probably go to AoC if it comes out before 2020. The thing is I lost faith and that's what's making me not wanting to play everyday like I used to.. Nothing keeping them from making those same balance decisions in the future and that is scary and not worth my time and money.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Grollok76
    Grollok76
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will will quit ESO.
    Revokus wrote: »
    Will play my stamden, magden, magplar probably.. but I already lost the desire to play I barely log in now.. Will play less and less and will probably go to AoC if it comes out before 2020. The thing is I lost faith and that's what's making me not wanting to play everyday like I used to.. Nothing keeping them from making those same balance decisions in the future and that is scary and not worth my time and money.

Losing faith in the developer is exactly what made me stop playing WoW in 2010. Never looked back. If they go through with the cast time, history will repeat itself.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will will quit ESO.

it doesn't look as poll for me

more like my plan for next update

with something like - if you are still unhappy go to next step
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    League World Championship event is starting soon so I’m definitely not interested in playing my neutered healer in vDungeons if these godawful changes go live
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a break from the game.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    League World Championship event is starting soon so I’m definitely not interested in playing my neutered healer in vDungeons if these godawful changes go live

But ZOS made these changes specifically for you healers!!! Show some gratitude.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t use shieds on my magplar in pvp and will give sun shield a go for PVE since it’s insta cast.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will probably unslot my ESO+ subscription too and tell my buddies to do the same...

Lies! People like you are hypocrites. You complain all day then try to “subtly” threaten ZOS by saying stuff like “Im gonna quit or quit my subscription and ill tell my friend to that too” but in the end you are the first ones to continue playing and extending subs cause you know exactly that the change will either not be as bad as you think or youll just play another class for a while. Probably the letter first the and once there is a cheep meta build that uses new imbalances youll pick that up right away and then actually think your good!

Good job!!!

... smh

Edited by Dr.NRG on September 25, 2018 10:59PM
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly have grown tired of having to get new gear after every #^!%#&^!%$* patch.

Especially when I just finished getting whatever set completed.

I'd like to actually play the game. Not be constantly having to log in to farm the rest of the gear. It feels more like a chore anymore, than an actual enjoyable activity.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭
    I will will quit ESO.
    Jhalin wrote: »
    But ZOS made these changes specifically for you healers!!! Show some gratitude.

Are you sure about that? I'm a warden healer, my own shield has been nerfed as well my oh *** shield, warden doesn't have BoL. The crap heal of healing ward procs earthgore, and for warden, without any strong and fast heal for out range people, healing ward used to be a life saver. Not anymore.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVE
    1 second only , no problem !
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno what to answer tbh.

On my magDK I will probably use Pariah like I already did;
    On my magPlar I'm already playing heavy;
    On my magBlade I will still play with shields because, you know, cloaks and teleports;
    On my magSorc...hahahah, I still dunno, probably still using shields and dying even more.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade I'll go 5/2 with heavy monster set & slot mirage for a bit of AoE mitigation, healers gonna hate me.
    Magsorc getting shelved
    Magplar still gonna use, just jab rather than ele weapon probably
    Magden shelved
    MagDK shelved
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam